albe

Derf said:
@ Ciarn@O&B

Thanks for visiting these boards; it is a very nice endorsement of the product support you offer! I received my replacement metal-tipped mouth pieces from you with very little wait and have been very happy with not only your product but the customer support.
gotta second that, got my replacement mouthpiece a few weeks back too. Props to vaporstore too for sending me some extra plastic ones to tide me over.

good CS makes all the difference, especially in a new industry like vaping where people may be a little more nervous about their purchases. Have to say in general i've had nothing but good interactions with a couple of different manufacturers i'd been in contact with.

albe,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Ciarn...Thanks so much for posting here and the stateside service center opening sounds wonderful!

I recently received the new SS mouthpieces from Ireland as well. I'm pleased with the customer service I have received and have gotten Iolites into a few folks hands already...all are very happy with them.

Lo,

Kush Vapez

Funny, after i posted this and got a few replies back i went back to my iolite and kept trying to find out what this rattle was... I came to the same conclusion about the exhaust. Because that is where i figured the noise was from.

Also in regards to expanding and contracting of the unit.. this is also something i have noticed. As the unit really starts to get warm to the touch i can sometimes hear a light crackle in the unit. Which I would assume is from the expand/contraction of the device.. would like to know for sure thou, so Ciaran if you could get back to me that would be great.

BTW thanks to everyone thats helped me out on this forum the past few days, I can tell everyone here really knows their stuff.

Thanks.

Kush Vapez,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@Ciaran Thanks for posting here. I find the Iolite to be a quality product, and useful on a daily basis. Nice to see a North American service centre opening or going to be opening up.

There is only one change I would want on a future model and that regards the gas shut off. If I'm using the Iolite for, say 10 minutes and then switch the gas off, it continues through a number of cycles. I don't know if this is possible, but off should mean off. Just a minor quibble though.

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

fidget

I've had mine about 5 weeks now and it just seems to get better.
I started out filling the bowl completely and have been putting less an less in.
Been using about .125g and a tiny smear of QWISO for the last week or so.
I let it heat for 3 cycles then hit it slowly once every cycle - I stir after 15 minutes or so and am still getting vapour after 30 minutes.
I am now totally combustion free and the unit has paid for itself already!

fidget,

ioguy

I have a few quick questions about my Iolite.
1. If your herb dries out, is it best to add some moisture back to it before vaping?
2. Where does the air draw from when you hit it? I don't see where the air enters to flow through?
3. If you start the unit, and need to take a call or something for 5 minutes, does it wait for you, or is it wasting away?
4. Do any parts wear out? Is there a flint or something in the ignition button?
5. Does it work ok when you just add/want a one or 2 hit?
6. Do you really need to use the Moisture Condenser at all?

ioguy,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
1. No dry is better

2. There are vents on the unit that draw in air in the slotted area of the unit.

3. I always let my unit sit for 3-5 minutes to heat up....take the call, it will wait for you.

4. Mfgr. can answer that but they do come with a nice 2 yr. warranty.

5. You can experiment with different amounts to find what works for you. I like at least 1/2 bowl myself.

6. No...throw that thing AWAY :)

While visiting with your new Iolite you might want to wade your way through this thread as there is a lot of good info stuffed in there! Good luck.

Lo,

frogbmth

Kush I think it was you who posted questions on my youtube iolite videos on my website, sorry for some reason I am having trouble posting replies to you.

The guys here seem to have you covered now :-)

Regards, Andy (xsmoker.info)

frogbmth,

StationX

Derf,

Thanks again for all this info, it has proved helpful. I have to say I get more used to the Iolite these days I guess I was expecting more of a sudden rush however it proves good for lying on the couch watching Wildlife TV or something. It does go at a slow pace however; perhaps for that party atmosphere maybe youd be better with something like a Supreme vape?

Whats good about the Iolite is it last for ages, really ages :o

Ciarn@O&B

Thanks very much for that offer, I wont need to send it back, I get used to it now and I really do iolike its sort of lazy way :)

Just as a matter of interest I happen to have a thermocouple and I thought Id check that temp myself and it is exactly as advertised, you should be proud of that :D

Do you think it would be worth your time to make a model with variable temp control, or even a mod for the current model to allow this?

Steiner666

Yes, you do have to go real slow, the whole thing is a slow process with it, its not a device for a fast pace, thats all, it does work, you just wouldnt want to be trying to catch a train at the time. Ive been saving my leftovers :)

I have invested in this in the interests of health, also been using ecigs (excellent idea, lifesaving I would say) for a few weeks and am generally trying to stop smoking everything, even dandelions and nettles, alternatives have to be found, so thanks for all this great advice folks :p

StationX,

StationX

PS Derf,

"increased temp requires increased fuel usage" but that would be for less time so that might balance out, no argument with the health issue.

StationX,

Raf007

Retailer
Also, don't throw away those ABV, IMHO the iolite is far from being 100% efficient in extracting the THC.
I get like 2 balloons of light and still a bit tasty vapor out of my Volcano with ABV from an Iolite session... so be sure too save those ;)

Raf007,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Just grabbed one of these , the only problem I found with it were the holes in the screen are too big , so I replaced it with a finer mesh and voila no more crumbs in my mouth :)

Samsquanch,

niall

Sounds like you're pulling too hard then, long slow tokes are the way to go with the iolite - it's a very short airstream so quick strong tokes and your temp will be pretty variable and not as consistent a result.

niall,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Naw , it's just some of my stashes are a bit powdery , but this is an easy unit to maintain temp IMO , the learning curve is small , just playing with bowl sizes now , also , I find my avb lighter than what been coming out of my variable temp vape , so I will keep my Io avb separate and experiment in a few weeks with it. All in all , this is a nice unit , I just like to tweek things to my liking , example besides making the screen finer , I also found a larger diameter tube to use as a stem rather than the smaller threaded one that came with it . Better air flow and I'm not worrying about snapping off the thread because they just slide in.

Samsquanch,

Derf

Samsquanch said:
Just grabbed one of these , the only problem I found with it were the holes in the screen are too big , so I replaced it with a finer mesh and voila no more crumbs in my mouth :)
I was contemplating this too. I have an old pair of ipod headphones that broke. The metal mesh screen on the ear buds was removed and it seems like it is the perfect size for a finer mesh in the bowl. But, after using the IOlite for a few days, the inner bowl, screen, and straw, all become coated in a layer of condensed vapor oil. I felt that having a finer screen would clog up faster, and I'd have to clean it out more frequently. I'm good with the original screen right now, but would be interested to hear if you have any problems with the finer mesh.

Derf,

Kush Vapez

in regards to ABV from the iolite...

Its my only vape ATM, since i just switched over from combustion, its gonna take me a while to get other vapes. :)

I realize that I am not using my herb to its full potential.. which makes the ABV jar come in.. I suppose its a lot stronger then others ABV jar collection do to the fact that most people vape at higher temps then my iolite can reach.

Been looking at different recipes for ABV edibles.. and was wondering if I should go with the ABV mentioned for the recipes or cut them down a little because im sure theres much more cannabinoids/etc in my leftovers then a normal persons ABV.

Also, if someone could point me towards an ABV recipe that they have used with good results, I would greatly appreciate it.

Kush Vapez,

KuMaK

Heres a link I saw here a while ago that looks easy, havent tried it yet as Ive been slowly building up enough "used material" to give it a shot. Would love to know has anyone made some canna butter with just used material and nothing else. I cant forfeit perfectly good herb to put into a mix that might not work.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12895

On a disappointing note I bring you the sad news that I am now on my THIRD iolite since my purchase on the 8 November 2009.

Now I'm not on here to rant and rave about how disgusted I am because I'm not.*

I read EVERYTHING there was to do about the iolite/i-inhale before purchase and saw many had problems with it.

My first lasted about 7 weeks, using it everywhere and anywhere in stealthy positions, in a sleeve in its pouch wherever, I thought it was a smoking walkie talkie. It suddenly wouldn't ignite, first taking maybe a minute to get started then 3,5,10, then walking away before hulk smash. The joy when it finally ignites is nearly as good as the high proceeding it though. Then the gas flow got jerky, spitting, and volatile which only made the ability to ignite even more wanky. Stems broke in the herb chamber obviously my fault though for letting oil build up and the unit get cold.

Finally I caved sent emails to O & B and sent it to them which was handy enough as their based in Ireland where I am also. During this time I bought a Magic Flight Box which is a 6/10 as batteries are a pain in the ass.

It was returned with complimentary herb chambers which were nice since the last ones broke and it worked great until about 3 days ago. So about 4 weeks of perfect usage but boy did I treat it like I had a Smurf for a pet. Similar things started happening except this time the gas flow went first, got that sorted using the proper turn upside down, push in vent intermittently, if unsuccessful refill and let it run out and re-vent. Then only sometimes would I get a rare blue flicker, after many attempts an ignition but then no re-heat, so I wasted many bowls on a premature evaporation :)

Today I again gave in as I love this thing so much and I love how high I get off it that I ran to a head shop and bought another for emergencies, as this was one. I will send O& B an email, they will get my iolite and obviously think I'm purposely smacking it around to get another replacement, if they only knew how well I treated it.

*I have been writing this while using my third iolite for the first time its true the first time is always the best, as I have been typing this for over an hour and during that time also came up with 3 ideas that are going to make me a million dollars. However I still ended up ranting. I'm sorry.

KuMaK,

Kush Vapez

@KuMaK

really isn't a good idea to run your iolite in its case or in a pocket. The unit needs room to breathe. Also I have heard on reheats of my iolite sometimes the gas comes and goes.. but i really only hear that when its close to the end of its butane. Maybe try using an ultra refined butane if youre not already.

But I think your biggest problem is youre not letting it vent. Not to mention if its not well ventilated you may as well be combusting, all that butane vapor that comes off the side will just get sucked thru your weed. So please, do yourself a favor and dont run it in pockets/case.

:peace:

Kush Vapez,

ioguy

!. How often is normal to hear the gas running. Mine is like every 15 seconds.

2. Do stems have any vapor value?

ioguy,
Top Bottom