Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
MDBudz said:
My replacement stainless steel mouthpieces arrived in the mail from Ireland today. Will be giving them a try in a couple hours.
did you get them for free? did you just send an email and asked for replacement mouthpieces?

Heisenberg,

ChuckRock

Is the iolite good as a primary smoking device? I heard a few people say that they have an iolote as a recreational and on the go unit, and have a primary bigger vaporizer at home. Is the iolite sufficient as the only thing I get high with?
For me its a travel vape, when it works. It was good at what it does but takes some technique to get the best results.
The bad mouthpieces incident hasn't been rectified for a lot of us.
Plenty of vendors are still selling the faulty mouthpieces with older iolites.
Even when it works i have had situation where an air bubble will stop it from lighting.
You have to drain your tank and refill it.
Its not convenient when you're outdoors in public.

On the other hand. I have had many great outdoor experiences with my I-olite.
And that's the only reason i haven't sold it.

No matter if its on a bus, in a field or in a hotel.
This little thing has delivered.

It complements my other home vapes well.

unfortunately mines await the replacement ss stems.

:-(

bust stems piccy

EDIT*********

Contacted Ogelsby & Bulter again and received an email this time.
They have sent out my replacements

ChuckRock,

MDBudz

Heisenberg said:
MDBudz said:
My replacement stainless steel mouthpieces arrived in the mail from Ireland today. Will be giving them a try in a couple hours.
did you get them for free? did you just send an email and asked for replacement mouthpieces?
Yes, they sent them to me for free. I had emailed the mfg. when they first melted.

MDBudz,

rayski

MDBudz said:
Heisenberg said:
MDBudz said:
Yes, they sent them to me for free. I had emailed the mfg. when they first melted.
I got the new SS mouthpiece in the mail on Saturday from GotVape. I bought my Iinhale and then a second chamber/mouthpiece which had the defective mouthpiece from GotVape. They replaced the mouthpiece with a 3-pack of plastic mouthpieces which I haven't had a problem with and still sent me the new replacement mouthpiece. I wanted to give a thumbs-up to GotVape and let people know that the resellers must be getting the new stainless steal mouthpieces.

rayski,

niall

freeman dyson said:
Is the iolite good as a primary smoking device? I heard a few people say that they have an iolote as a recreational and on the go unit, and have a primary bigger vaporizer at home. Is the iolite sufficient as the only thing I get high with?
I use mine heaps more than my Volcano or Vriptech gear, it seems faster and easier and I just find it more convenient overall. Never had any troubles with it aside from using poor butane but a quick vent and refill and it's been perfect for months.

niall,

Vapist

I have received my SS threaded stems free from O&B and they have been flawless so far. I, too have a permanent home vape, the VaporTower, but seem to use my Iolite more frequently as it is convenient and portable. If the kids are running around the house, I can slip into the yard or the john to vape. I have been pleased with the Iolite generally. I do agree with recent posts suggesting that it runs a little hotter than permanent units like the VT since you can adjust the heat for comfort and the whip tubing cools the vapor. However, I find if you control your inhale, you can avoid coughing. It is a matter of trial and error.

Vapist,

yolky

I originally purchased my IoLite about 2 months ago. I posted a rather large and thorough experiment detailing the performance on this unit, I want to say its around page 35-45 in this thread. I also had issues with my stock IoLite mouthpiece. I emailed O&B my experiments as well as the issue with the faulty mouthpiece and I was promised to receive a new mouthpiece as soon as they started shipping them out.. I want to say that they started shipping the new mouth pieces out at the end of October. I still HAVE NOT received my new mouthpiece. I'm pretty disappointed as I was confident at the time that my problem was going to be addressed. I guess I'm going to have to email O&B again and see what's going on.

yolky,

freeman dyson

I smoke out of small bowls already so I am used to a small unit. I hope I can use the iolite for a primary. thats why i bought it.

freeman dyson,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey Yolky! Me too!! I bought 2 Iolites and mfgr. said they would send me 2 mouthpieces. I emailed when folks starting posting about receiving them here. Received a canned 'gone out of office' reply and haven't heard back but... They did send me some plastic replacements back when problem first started and they did take a bit of time to arrive, also had to sign for them. I'm still hopeful that ours are still en route or something.

I hope yours arrives soon!!

Lo,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
Vapist said:
I have received my SS threaded stems free from O&B and they have been flawless so far...
how long did it take to get a response from them? i emailed them a few days ago but no response yet...

Heisenberg,

freeman dyson

so my iolite just came. two questions. the thread that screws the mouthpiece into the unit is plastic. i assume this is not good. second question, the butane i ordered hasnt come yet. will using something like ronson even once ruin it?

also, do I have to put a screen in the chamber or anything? is this thing ready to go? I just put it in this threaded chamber and screw the top back on?

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

and so what is that big, heavy screen they gave me that it is too big to fit in that hole?

freeman dyson,

frogbmth

I used the plastic threaded stem for months without incident, get hold of the metal threaded one but you can use the plastic one for now no problem. Some people have issues while many others don't seem to.

I wouldn't use Ronson if you are in the USA, go to the tobacconist and get something better.

Looks like your screen is installed, they give you a spare upper screen and holder (ring with one central hole punched and a few more punched around it)

If you watch my iolite videos on xsmoker.info, you will see how the parts go togeher. Though they are all about tobacco, e-liquid and molasses, it might help you understand the parts.

Andy

frogbmth,

freeman dyson

thanks man. i am watching them now. i live in the sticks and the closest tobacco shop is like 30 miles and probably closed. and tomorrow is thanksgiving so nothing will be open.

your video helped me already. i didnt know the therb chamber came off like that. I thought you just stuck the weed down that small threaded hole from the top. I didnt know you had to remove it and pack it in the bottom.

freeman dyson,

Vapist

Heisenberg: I found that calling them yielded most effective results. I followed up my call with an email and was assured the mouthpieces would be sent the following monday. About 7 days later, I received them, which is reasonable for 'registered' post from Ireland to Florida.

Vapist,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I just got my Iolite today and as a vapenoob I am rather pleased. The mouthpiece gets a little hotter than I would like, but my Iolite works as advertised and I am a happy clam.

AGBeer,

freeman dyson

does anyone's iolite make a noise when you shake it like something is loose? I shake mine and hear a slight rattle like something is loose in there. it has no butate in it and I havent used it yet because I am waiting on butane.

freeman dyson,

niall

The stainless bowl can be removed, maybe it's rattling about - try shaking with the mouthpiece installed and see if it stops. If not, sounds like something is wrong there aren't any other moving parts afaik.

niall,

freeman dyson

I attached the stem and it is still rattling.

here is a video i just made

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/abledanger/?action=view&current=MVI_1681.flv

I searched this thread and saw these posts:

"My Iolite has a small rattle when I shake it. Just wondering if that's normal."

Then another guy responds:

"I think that's the button you push to ignite? Mine rattles"

then the original guy says:

"I also thought it was the piezo igniter, willieR..thanks for the reassurance.

freeman dyson,

sekret pker

can some please tell me how i could secure the metal bowl into it's casing. Its spinning extremely loosely and its getting very annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

sekret pker,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
freeman dyson said:

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/abledanger/?action=view&current=MVI_1681.flv

"My Iolite has a small rattle when I shake it. Just wondering if that's normal."

the rattling comes from the transparent attachment in front of the body, where the light glows...take a close look ;)

Heisenberg,

freeman dyson

Heisenberg said:
freeman dyson said:

the rattling comes from the transparent attachment in front of the body, where the light glows...take a close look ;)
ah. thank you. i was worried.

freeman dyson,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Some dude called in on the radio about weed today and the host made a quick mention of the Iolite.

Pretty cool. Too bad they didn't talk more about it other than smoking in the toilet.

quomist,

sekret pker

does anyone know if it would be okay to use that hobby cement glue to stop the bowl thats attached to the breathing tube to stop spinning? i don't want to inhale harmful fumes.

sekret pker,

StickyShisha2

i wouldn't do that!

first of all, that piece gets very hot and the air that becomes your vapor comes in through there.
and i like to pop the herb chamber out of that plastic cover for easy cleaning.

Does it still free spin if you squeeze the sides?

StickyShisha2,
Top Bottom