greystr0ke

My optimizer should be here any minute. Now, I just need to figure out what the hell to do with it. The description on GotVape suggests placing it in the filling chamber. I would have though it need to go in the heating chamber?

greystr0ke,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
my guess is you fill the chamber, then you stab the optimizer down into the herb. Then you place filling chamber into heating chamber with optimizer inside it...
take pics if you can.....

DevoTheStrange,

2Supra4U

I think that if it says it goes in the filling chamber, you prolly put it in first with the pins pointing down toward the other pin in the iolite itself. that way it sandwiches it all together kinda.

I honestly dont see the point in this little thing, i feel its a kind of gimmick just to bring in some money.

I mean the space is so small already, it heats up the entire area fine. you just reducing the amount of plant material you can put in there. i just dont see a point to it.

anyone else feel that way lol

2Supra4U,

greystr0ke

Well, it arrived and I'm here at work. Time to go try this thing out really quick on my lunch break. Here are some photos of it.

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

greystr0ke,

greystr0ke

Eh... Although this was only my first try with the new Optimizer, I'm not feeling to optimistic about it's performance. Then again, I'm not entirely sure if I'm even using it correctly. And of course, the iolite was almost out of butane so that didn't help matters.

Anyways, As you can see in the photos above, there's a slight curved indentation at the bottom which leads me to believe that it's supposed to fit over the heating pin and sit on the actual heating chamber. This is what I did. I fired up the unit and placed the optimizer inside and let it run 2 cycles with the mouthpiece/herb chamber on. I removed the herb chamber and packed it a little less than I normally would and then flipped over the heating chamber and dumped the herb inside. I placed the herb chamber on and let it run 3 more cycles. I took my first draw and it was no better than it normally is. I continued to take draws and they never got any better than before. :/

greystr0ke,

2Supra4U

I originally thought that it would go in the way you decided to put it in. its just that when you said got vape said it it should go in the filling chamber, i just said how I think it would go in there.

but I didnt really think that made sense because of the hassle when you go to empty the chamber....you would have it falling out.....and on top of that it would be scolding hot and you would be able to put it back in unless you had gloves on....which is dumb.....so putting it in the ioilte itself pointing up like the standard heatpin made more sense to me.

sorry that it seems to be no good for you.......

give it some more testing and report your findings again

are you using the exact same weeed that you used before you tried it?
just asking just in case its something different, cuz that could be why you dont see a difference.

like I said i think its a sham i would have no desire to get it I think the iolite works fine as is....as the space is already so small there is no problem heating it all up...

2Supra4U,

greystr0ke

Here are some more pictures of the optimizer in the unit.

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

I need to go buy some butane today on my way home so I can continue the tests tonight while watching my Colts.

greystr0ke,

JSullivan

I just ordered my first iOlite and I also ordered the optimizer. I have read some great things here about the vape and am looking forward to trying it out. I am curious to know if you have been able to get some good results with the addition of the optimizer.

Also, I was wondering about what butane you all use. I have read alot of bad things about vector gas and from what you all are saying about having to disassemble the unit every couple of months to clean out residue I am curious as to who does it the leas t and what kind of gas you use.

I have read some great stuff about colibri, which is what I ordered a case of, but also king has come up in a few searches.

JSullivan,

dogslayeggs

Skinny_j said:
ok on second look, it looks like you can pop the little hook clips off of the bottom with a small screwdriver. I havent had time to do this yet but I'll keep you updated. the copper end of the little clicker broke off today because of me trying to hit it to get the gas to flow so now I have some soldering to do too. this seem's to be turning into a science project... wouldn't have this issue if it worked right to begin with.

yeah, I got the actual tank separated from the rest of the components. but to actually open the tank itself is where I am having a problem. there is a cap on the top part of the tank, but im pretty sure it is sealed with some kind of adhesive. I dont want to screw it up and not be able to get it back in place.

dogslayeggs,

greystr0ke

On my way home from work, I stopped at the LHS and picked up a new can of Vector for my Iolite so that I could continue to test this optimizer. I fired up a quick bowl on the way home, using the optimizer how I previously did by placing it in the heating chamber with the pins sticking up. Once again, no noticeable difference.

After ripping the RooR for most of the night, I decided to do one more test with the optimizer placed inside the herb chamber with the pins facing down. Sadly, the results were not any better.

If anything, I feel that this just causes more restriction in the air flow. Sort of like the moisture condenser. Save yourselves $20.

greystr0ke,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Thanks greyS. That prety much sums up what I guessed would happen. Less airflow and no real improvement in the hit. But I think it hits pretty well as-is, personally.

willieR,

2Supra4U

JSullivan said:
I just ordered my first iOlite and I also ordered the optimizer. I have read some great things here about the vape and am looking forward to trying it out. I am curious to know if you have been able to get some good results with the addition of the optimizer.

Also, I was wondering about what butane you all use. I have read alot of bad things about vector gas and from what you all are saying about having to disassemble the unit every couple of months to clean out residue I am curious as to who does it the leas t and what kind of gas you use.

I have read some great stuff about colibri, which is what I ordered a case of, but also king has come up in a few searches.

stick with the colibri and you'll be fine......might as well use one of the best brands, if not the best. doesnt cost much more then the cheap crap

although when i originally got my iolite i used ronson for my first ignite (North amreican) which is shit over here......but i couldnt wait to find colbri and was at the corner store around my house.....it worked fine but i havent used it since.....after i got the colibri i emptied out the ronson from the iolite refilled with colibri

colibri all the way

for BHO as well.... :D

2Supra4U,

dogslayeggs

2Supra4U said:
JSullivan said:

stick with the colibri and you'll be fine......might as well use one of the best brands, if not the best. doesnt cost much more then the cheap crap

although when i originally got my iolite i used ronson for my first ignite (North amreican) which is shit over here......but i couldnt wait to find colbri and was at the corner store around my house.....it worked fine but i havent used it since.....after i got the colibri i emptied out the ronson from the iolite refilled with colibri

colibri all the way

I called iolite and asked them which of their recommended brands to they recommended the highest and they told me Vector.

I guess someone should get a couple cans of good stuff, empty them out and see which has the most impurities.

dogslayeggs,

2Supra4U

dogslayeggs said:
2Supra4U said:
JSullivan said:

colibri all the way

I called iolite and asked them which of their recommended brands to they recommended the highest and they told me Vector.

I guess someone should get a couple cans of good stuff, empty them out and see which has the most impurities.

yea they say they use vector in there production facility

ive read ppl have issues with vector before and their iolite...but it could be like how ronson here sucks but in europe its good.

anyways ive always used colibri and never have had issues with any butane device with it, i guess that my opinion...but we all know colibri is good stuff

2Supra4U,

JSullivan

Yeah I read ALOT of stuff on all of it and that's why I ordered the colibri and from what I gather it's made in europe (that's where it's shipping from) so I suppose we shall see. Either way, thanks for the input.

While we're on it how about the comfort pack, the hose with mouthpiece, that bit worth fooling with at all?

JSullivan,

2Supra4U

JSullivan said:
Yeah I read ALOT of stuff on all of it and that's why I ordered the colibri and from what I gather it's made in europe (that's where it's shipping from) so I suppose we shall see. Either way, thanks for the input.

While we're on it how about the comfort pack, the hose with mouthpiece, that bit worth fooling with at all?

you can get colibri pretty much in most variety stores or places that sell butane over on this side of the pond. At least here is available lots of places.

i dont even know what that is lol.....i have bought no extras for my iolite....dont really see the point of any kind of accessories. its good as is

save your money for some nice nugs

2Supra4U,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Hey all :), I'm new to these forums and I recently purchased (in fact today) this vaporizer and I must say, I'm really liking it! I've used it quite a bit within the time frame I've had it, and it has exceeded my expectations. That being said, I was curious as to how I'll know when the butane runs out. I'm not sure if the clerk at the store filled it fully, and I'd say it was on for a good 30-45 minutes... possibly an hour but that's probably pushing it.

Anyway, so as I went to go use it again, I turned the switch from off to on, and the quiet sound of the gas happened as it had previously, only when I went to click the Magic button (as my friends and I call it - A.K.A the "Piezo button") the spark occurred, but the reassuring orange light failed to come on :(

I was thinking maybe it was the cold, because I read somewhere the butane has a hard time in cold weather. I tried to press the button several times but there was still no orange light, or heating up of the vaporizer. At this point I thought maybe I was out of butane, but then I would no longer hear the quiet hissing of the gas, right?

Anyway, sorry for the length post, but I suppose my question is how do I know when my Iolite is out of fuel?

Blackthoven,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Black,

You are out of gas, one fill is good for about two loads.

Dogs.

Are you out of your mind? Don't waste butane. Do not buy your butane at the local drug/convenience/variety/grocery store. Do get your butane at a cigar shop (that specializes in hand rolled cigars). Will they carry Colibri? Probably but Colibri is overpriced and only comes in small cans. Cigar shops almost always carry other brands as good as or better than Colibri in large cans costing much less per oz. Remember a cigar or pipe smoker will not fill their $500.00 lighter with crap butane.

chucku,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
chucku said:
Black,

Good to know! :D Thank you.

Edit: Also, how will I know when the Iolite is full of butane? I don't usually put butane into things so I wouldn't know :), is it just going to start spewing all over my face or what ^.^?

And P.S.S. I was pretty assured myself the vaporizer is not harmful in any sense, but my friend kept expressing his concern about the butane, and how it can't be safe to breathe in even if you're in a "well-ventilated area" as you're using the Iolite. I figured they wouldn't just sell these things if they're going to start killing people, but I couldn't really argue against him because I don't really possess that knowledge and he does make a good point.

Blackthoven,

2Supra4U

chucku said:
Black,

Dogs.

Are you out of your mind? Don't waste butane. Do not buy your butane at the local drug/convenience/variety/grocery store. Do get your butane at a cigar shop (that specializes in hand rolled cigars). Will they carry Colibri? Probably but Colibri is overpriced and only comes in small cans. Cigar shops almost always carry other brands as good as or better than Colibri in large cans costing much less per oz. Remember a cigar or pipe smoker will not fill their $500.00 lighter with crap butane.

He could be out of gas......black, you should make sure you see the "blue" first to make sure the gas is actually flowing properly. Ive seen it a few times where its switched on but for some reason it doesnt happpen...therefore no orange when you click it. but yes if you hear the hissing that usually means there is gass flowing........but i have read of ppls iolite not ignighting after many clicks, i think there are lots who experienced it........cold does affect it, ive heard that it should be warmed up before using if its been sitting in the cold (winter in a car for example).......for the non igniting thing I think there was someone here who took it apart and found there was something once cleaned it fired up nice again....

if you keep having issues with it...since you just got it maybe you should take it back....

I have no idea where your getting two loads out of a fill....you iolite must be on meth or something :lol: because I can leave mine on and it goes for at least an hour and a half....if not the 2hrs that they state it can do. A bowl is browned nice in usually 10-15 min....depending on your draws....so in my high calulations thats at least 9 loads at an hour and a half. Iv'e had mine for over a year now and its still going strong no issues at all. unless your spending 30+ minutes per bowl of coarse but to me thats overkill....

yes most shitty variety stores sell tiny cans of ronson and shit, but like I said it depends where you are, around here I can get the full size 300ml cans of colibri or vector or whatever many places and I dont have to travel all the way to a cigarshop to find those.....again maybe some people do...but around here we dont...and i get them for like 5 bucks.

bottom line dont use crap butane ever like chuck is saying.

2Supra4U,

2Supra4U

Blackthoven said:
chucku said:
Black,

Good to know! :D Thank you.

Edit: Also, how will I know when the Iolite is full of butane? I don't usually put butane into things so I wouldn't know :), is it just going to start spewing all over my face or what ^.^?

And P.S.S. I was pretty assured myself the vaporizer is not harmful in any sense, but my friend kept expressing his concern about the butane, and how it can't be safe to breathe in even if you're in a "well-ventilated area" as you're using the Iolite. I figured they wouldn't just sell these things if they're going to start killing people, but I couldn't really argue against him because I don't really possess that knowledge and he does make a good point.

once ut invert and press the cann down on the pin...takes about 3 - 5 seconds when it starts spewing back out you know its full

you never inhale the butane.........the butane is converted in a catalyticreaction....the bypruduct is (should be) water vapor and carbon dioxide ....you have nothing to worry about. but the co2 should be low that you need not worry.

2Supra4U,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
2Supra4U said:
once ut invert and press the cann down on the pin...takes about 3 - 5 seconds when it starts spewing back out you know its full
you never inhale the butane.........the butane is converted in a catalyticreaction....the bypruduct is essentially water vapor and carbon dioxide ....you have nothing to worry about.

Ohhhh, I see! Thanks :D

Blackthoven,

2Supra4U

Blackthoven said:
2Supra4U said:
you never inhale the butane.........the butane is converted in a catalyticreaction....the bypruduct is essentially water vapor and carbon dioxide ....you have nothing to worry about.

Ohhhh, I see! Thanks :D

i guess you cant say never for inhaling butane with the iolite.....but you shouldnt be from it lol
i seen thing saying that thses types of devices have let out certain things but im not totally sure on that as i havent read in hughe depth in regards to it...

if you worry just make sure you in a open room........dont lock youself in a airtight closet or whatever and decide "im gonna fire up my iolite in here" lol ;)

2Supra4U,

chucku

Charles Urbane
JSullivan said:
So Chuck what butane do you use/prefer?

Now I have 2 cans of Lucienne. I have also used Power, Vector, Colibri and Dunhill. You are good as long as it is 4x or 5x refined.

chucku,
Top Bottom