Geeza

DevoTheStrange said:
StickyShisha said:
we used the io in the cinema today.:cool: Very stealthy and then someone piped up with a "Damn, that smells good!".
Yeah, that is one thing about the Iolite that I didn't like... you could smell it, even more so if you let the herb sit in the bowl for a cycle or two.
First time I used my Io in the theater I had to stop because I ended up with a very large noticeable cloud. And my friends told me you could smell it heavily near me.
Heavy cloud!!! I would be happy with a little whisp!!! Still nothing even after reading technical help info from iolite themselves... So I will be sending it back to see what they have to say..

Geeza,

Geeza

Seriously folks I have tried everything now... what amount of vapour am I supposed to be getting?? I seriously am getting non>> I hear talk of thick clouds???

You tell me??

thanks

Geeza,

greystr0ke

Yeah man, I can get some nice clouds out of my iolite every time I take a draw from it. I'm sorry that yours hasn't worked properly. I'm out of ideas.

greystr0ke,

Geeza

here is an idea... is there anyone who lives in the west midlands england??? we can get together and compare ... Please

Geeza,

VaphingApe415

Update: called customer service in there North American spot. The Rep was understanding. Told me my claim, as well as the place I purchased it from was valid and gave me the procedures to send it in. Forgot to ask how long; so my fellow iolite users, my questions: On average, how long do y'all think it will take before I recieve a working iolite? I'm guessing two to three weeks maybe? And the rep told me to only pack the unit itself, so does that mean I include the herb chamber or not?
Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated! ?

VaphingApe415,

Vaperella

VaphingApe415 said:
Update: called customer service in there North American spot. The Rep was understanding. Told me my claim, as well as the place I purchased it from was valid and gave me the procedures to send it in. Forgot to ask how long; so my fellow iolite users, my questions: On average, how long do y'all think it will take before I recieve a working iolite? I'm guessing two to three weeks maybe? And the rep told me to only pack the unit itself, so does that mean I include the herb chamber or not?
Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated! ?
When I sent in my iolite they told me the same thing but the girl at customer service after I asked said to not send in the herb chamber. And another thing make sure that its clean inside. You can use the highest percent of rubbing alcohol you can get for that if its dirty inside.
I'm in Canada and it took about a month or a bit less to get it back and it was a brand new one. So if you are in the U.S I would think you'd get it back in the time you stated.

Vaperella,

VaphingApe415

Right on Vaperella! Got all my paper work done and cleaned out the o'l gurl. Waiting till Monday to get it packed and shipped out. Miss vaporizing already!

VaphingApe415,

Vaperella

Yea I felt the same way Vaphing when my baby was gone but she came back brand new and has been working great ever since. Hope things goes smoothly for you as they did for me. Good you got her all cleaned and your paperwork done. You will be back to vapin in no time;)

Vaperella,

VaphingApe415

Good lookin' out vaperella; she made it to IL. Yup; can't wait to stop burnin'. But I'm back to swishers, optimos, zig zag Bleez wraps, blunt wraps; relivin' my younger dayz. I don't f#c% with that paper, cause it ain't built for that outdoor frisco weather. Yea, yeah, yaddada, illergic to cumbustin'; ain't the time or place. I hear ya! I'm just step out with my freshly rolled super high grade #hightimes award winning 2010 canabis medical cup peach optimal wrap bleez; and fire it up! Till I get my iolite; that's how I'm rollin! ????

VaphingApe415,

Geeza

So I am in the deep smelly stuff!!!!!!

Called Iolite again today.. Guess what NO WARRANTY!!! I purchased from ebay ..someone who sells LOADS of these and now he is telling me to send it to iolite they are saying i send it to him for replacement!!

OMG :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Geeza,

Budz Bunny

Geeza said:
So I am in the deep smelly stuff!!!!!!

Called Iolite again today.. Guess what NO WARRANTY!!! I purchased from ebay ..someone who sells LOADS of these and now he is telling me to send it to iolite they are saying i send it to him for replacement!!

OMG :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
When you load it and start it up and just lit it run for 10 minutes does it start turning your herb brown?

#1 problem is not long enough initial warmup or too quick inhale.

Budz Bunny,

Geeza

Tried everything . Now in a mess with Iolite .. I will NEVER DEAL WITH THESE AGAIN!!!!!

I have a volcano.. it goes wrong you send it back because it is under gtee. Buy an Iolite qand immediatly nit does not work Iolite... DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

I purchased it from a seller on ebay who in turn purchases 100s from a regestered reseller... Now Iolite have decided that this is not valid and will not replace it even if I send it back to the people who are registered to sell them in the first instance. I would never ever deal with this comp-any they are out to RIP YOU OFFG AND I WILL POST THIS TRUTH IN ALL FORUMS I CAN FIND.. DO NOT EVER BUY OFF THERE TOSSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will not replace anything broken even though its new BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Geeza,

Raf007

Retailer
Personnaly i have clouds like the one with a volcano classic sets at 6 max and no more, and a bit less after a few puffs.

I never wait more than the first heating cycle plus another heat, at first i get no clouds but taste and then after 2 or 3 more heat cycles i start getting clouds.
Imo you should not have to wait for 10min, that's way, way too much.

Hope that helped a bit.

Good luck !

Raf007,

max

Out to lunch
Geeza said:
I purchased it from a seller on ebay who in turn purchases 100s from a regestered reseller... Now Iolite have decided that this is not valid and will not replace it even if I send it back to the people who are registered to sell them in the first instance.
The company did change their warranty policy and shame on them for pulling the rug out from under a lot of good faith buyers.

they are out to RIP YOU OFFG
Not true, and they've replaced many units and mouthpieces/herb chambers, including buyers here on the forum.

I WILL POST THIS TRUTH IN ALL FORUMS I CAN FIND
Well, you've got FC covered, so please, no more ranting here. ;)

max,

Derf

Geeza said:
Tried everything . Now in a mess with Iolite .. I will NEVER DEAL WITH THESE AGAIN!!!!!

I have a volcano.. it goes wrong you send it back because it is under gtee. Buy an Iolite qand immediatly nit does not work Iolite... DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

I purchased it from a seller on ebay who in turn purchases 100s from a regestered reseller... Now Iolite have decided that this is not valid and will not replace it even if I send it back to the people who are registered to sell them in the first instance. I would never ever deal with this comp-any they are out to RIP YOU OFFG AND I WILL POST THIS TRUTH IN ALL FORUMS I CAN FIND.. DO NOT EVER BUY OFF THERE TOSSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will not replace anything broken even though its new BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Thats too bad you got a dud. Mine works great. If Iolite won't honor a warranty, then you're free to fix it yourself. There were some pictures posted a few pages back on how to disassemble yours. Basically, peel back the colored sticker on the side to review screws, unscrew and separate the halves.

If your ignitor is bad, you can replace it with one from a regular bic lighter (as was discussed in the thread a few pages back). If it is leaking from somewhere (like the tube between the resevoir and the catalytic heater) you may be able to replace the tube.

Derf,

Budz Bunny

Raf007 said:
Personnaly i have clouds like the one with a volcano classic sets at 6 max and no more, and a bit less after a few puffs.

I never wait more than the first heating cycle plus another heat, at first i get no clouds but taste and then after 2 or 3 more heat cycles i start getting clouds.
Imo you should not have to wait for 10min, that's way, way too much.

Hope that helped a bit.

Good luck !
I only asked him to let it cycle for 10 minutes to see if it is getting hot enough to turn his herb brown. I am not suggesting that he or anyone would need to let it heat up 10 minutes with every use.

I was trying to help the guy out, but it seems that he is frustrated and beyond the point of troubleshooting. :peace:

Budz Bunny,

Calvin

Hey everyone, I'm a new member and I have recently bought an Iolite, It is absolutely awesome, I have owned it now for about a month and have had no problems getting thick clouds of vapor. Ive found that the best results for me come when I mix lavender in with my bowl to make it more substantial, it seems to heat the bud better and produce better results that just the bud on its own, oh and it tastes awesome. I have been reading most of this thread but its been taking a while, and I'm extremely happy and would recommend the Iolite to everyone wanting a portable, last weekend I vaped while walking in downtown Toronto =).

Calvin,

Spikington2

Hey guys, first post here. I just ordered my iolite last night after reading through personal experiences here and many reviews elsewhere. Anything additional suggestions or helpful tips out there for a newb? :ko:

Spikington2,

max

Out to lunch
Anything additional suggestions or helpful tips out there for a newb?
Anything that isn't already in the 100+ page thread? :lol: I doubt it. It's always good to remember that although vaping seems very similar to smoking, it's really not as simple. When all you have is a small heating element to maintain the temp, a lot of people hit/draw too hard and all that cold air coming through the bowl can lower the vaping temp, sometimes too much. The iolite is one of those vapes you have to hit with a slow, easy draw. After a couple of min. of 'on time', it'll be ready to put out some vapor (1st hit can be very tasty, I've found). After it's been on for 5-10 minutes, and assuming you have a decent amount loaded, your vapor output will increase.

A good tip for this vape is to avoid handling it by the mouthpiece. Pull the bowl off by grabbing the herb chamber (the part flush with the body), not the stem. Also remember that it'll operate differently when exposed to cold temps. It'll be cold just after loading with butane (don't start it up right away), and in cold winter weather using it outside can be a problem, depending on the temp and how long it's exposed to the cold air.

I've used mine the last couple of days. Although I also use the Launch Box, I still really like the iolite for portable use.

max,

OldTimer

Anything additional suggestions or helpful tips out there for a newb?
Dont get disheartened if the mouthpiece disintergrates after only a couple of days (Like mine did :-[ )
dont get me wrong it was bloody annoying however after emailing Iolite i received a replacement in the post. Seems that they have changed the plastic that the metal screw thread is fixed to, its not shinny anymore more of a matt black and ive had no problems since :-]. Love the Iolite and cant wait for hopefully version 3.
Cheers
OldTimer

OldTimer,

Spikington2

Anything that isn't already in the 100+ page thread? lol I doubt it. It's always good to remember that although vaping seems very similar to smoking, it's really not as simple. When all you have is a small heating element to maintain the temp, a lot of people hit/draw too hard and all that cold air coming through the bowl can lower the vaping temp, sometimes too much. The iolite is one of those vapes you have to hit with a slow, easy draw. After a couple of min. of 'on time', it'll be ready to put out some vapor (1st hit can be very tasty, I've found). After it's been on for 5-10 minutes, and assuming you have a decent amount loaded, your vapor output will increase.

A good tip for this vape is to avoid handling it by the mouthpiece. Pull the bowl off by grabbing the herb chamber (the part flush with the body), not the stem. Also remember that it'll operate differently when exposed to cold temps. It'll be cold just after loading with butane (don't start it up right away), and in cold winter weather using it outside can be a problem, depending on the temp and how long it's exposed to the cold air.

I've used mine the last couple of days. Although I also use the Launch Box, I still really like the iolite for portable use.
Thanks for the great advice/ heads up. :D

Spikington2,
Top Bottom