Geeza

well I have tried and tried again with no sucess. I have read the instructions, seen all the vids on u tude tried and tried again NO VAPE>>>> anyone want to buy a day old iolite??

Geeza,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Geeza said:
well I have tried and tried again with no sucess. I have read the instructions, seen all the vids on u tude tried and tried again NO VAPE>>>> anyone want to buy a day old iolite??
Your draw should be practically no draw at all. The slower the draw the greater the heat through the herb. Once you get the draw right you will get ripped.

chucku,

greystr0ke

Geeza, the best tip I received from this board was to pretend like you are sipping on a cocktail straw when you take a draw from the iolite. I usually count to about 10 or 15 seconds in my head while I'm taking a draw and I can always see vapor when I exhale now.

Another important thing is to make sure you grind your herb up pretty good and make sure it's dry. My iolite completely destroys me when my herb is really dry.

Lastly, this is just something that I do but I've found it works pretty well. I ignite the iolite and then wait for it to run it's initial startup cycle and then wait for one more heating cycle (the hiss) before packing it. After packing it, I wait 3 more cycles before taking the first draw. I've noticed that with fresher/stickier herb, waiting 4 cycles after packing it will give you a nicer first hit.

greystr0ke,

Geeza

thanks again to all....... i have tried all your suggestions... i have tried different bud. sip... long slow ... short slow... cycle pack wait cycle draw...... every combo possible....nothing???

any other help please??? thanks in advance....thank god for a volcano

Geeza,

MDBudz

Geeza, I had similar problems with my Iolite after I first got it. However, with mine the meds would not turn brown they would just get very dry/crispy but stay green. It simply wasn't getting hot enough. Ultimately, I sent it back to Ireland for repairs and other than some ignition issues, it now generates vapor beautifully. I believe the mfg. now has a service center in the US so at least repair/return shouldn't take as long. After using it almost daily for the past year I am very satisfied (I also have a SSV at home) and glad I made the effort of getting it repaired rather than give up on it.

MDBudz,

ThaiStick

Thanks Chucku and thanks Ciaran. I got my new stems today. Very nice the straw seems wider and more durable. First I finished what was left in the vap when the stem snapped. Yeah baby I missed you. I'm feeling righteous again. No smoke no mo.

ThaiStick,

greystr0ke

Geeza, are you "packing" the bowl tight? That's the only other thing I could think of that would be giving you this issue besides a mechanical flaw with the unit.

After you take a draw and exhale towards a light, are you able to see anything?

greystr0ke,

Geeza

No I can not see anything at all. I am going to have one last go today. Yesterday evening I tried and tried again but nothing.. Tried packing a little .. a lot... loose .... tight... slow sip ... slow suck.. hard ..everydam way possible and with different bud... nothing..... As I say I will tray again later but If nothing then what??.....

Looks like I have lost out on 110. It will go on ebay I suppose!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Geeza,

tuttle

Geeza said:
It will go on ebay I suppose!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Please don't ebay a defective unit. If you just bought it, it should be under warranty. What is the most you could lose by sending it in, postage and time? I'm sorry you possibly received a defective unit, that does indeed suck, but sometimes these things happen (from vapes to $8000 cameras, I have had my share of DOAs). But putting something you know as defective on sale and not disclosing it is at best rude.

Best of luck getting it sorted out.

tuttle,

Geeza

sorry...it will not go on ebay.. I have called iolite in ireland and I will be sending it back for them to check out.... THEN IT WILL GO ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will stick to my volcano... It works and is the rolls royce

Geeza,

OldTimer

The volcano is the rolls royce of home vaporization and the iolite is the rolls royce of portable vaporization, shame (geeza) that your gonna miss out on this. I gotta say that the first pull on my iolite is sooooo sweet the taste is just lush and no vapor, the more i draw on the iolite the worst the taste gets and the more the vapour appears, the taste is so much better than a volcano and the hit is just as good if not better. Mind you a lot of it has to be to do with the quality of your herbs and my herb is gooodddddd :p dont give up, mind you different horses for different courses and this is only my own narrow self centred point of view not ment to offend anybody or there choices cheers OldTimer

OldTimer,

lwien

If what you guys mean is that the 'Cano is the Rolls Royce of the home vapes and the Iolite is the Rolls Royce of portable vapes as meaning that they are one of the most expensive in each category, than yeah, I would agree. But to others that may be reading this thread, if what they mean by Rolls Royce is that the Volcano is the best home vape and the Iolite is the best portable vape, I, as well as many, many others here would totally disagree with that analogy even though both of these are very good vapes.

So as not to take this thread off topic, if OldTimer and Geeza would like to start another thread on this Rolls Royce analogy for further discussion, I'll be there to help offer up a further explanation to my statement above.

lwien,

StickyShisha2

we used the io in the cinema today.:cool: Very stealthy and then someone piped up with a "Damn, that smells good!".

StickyShisha2,

Old Marine

Vaporist
Ciarn@O&B said:
Old Marine said:
Thanks for the reply.

It happens pretty much any time he goes to use it from a cold/fresh start. Semi tropical is the region. Right now we are in the 90's F and it gets extremely hot here.
Butane is Ronson which is all we have available locally . I have been using the same brand in my iolite longer than he has had his unit. Which is about 1.5 years. I think...

Does that help?
Firstly you regions temperature should be fine so I do not think that should be an issue.

Secondly and more importantly, Ronson is bad for the iolite and will cause starting problems. Is it possible for you to get Vector Butane or Newport butane?
Vector have a dealer locator on their website http://www.vectorkgm.com/ or you could contact them through info@vectorkgm.com

Newport contact info is at http://www.keen-newport.com/

I am pretty sure that if you can switch to either of these brands of butane it will resolve your starting issues.
Sorry about taking so long to get back on this.
Finding a "quality" butane solved the non-igniting and slow to heat up time cycles problem he was having.

I checked a local tobacco shop and found a brand called Calibri of London. The sales clerk said it had been 3 times refined.

Thanks for your help. Switching brands immediately solved the problem.

Old Marine,

VaphingApe415

My fellow iolite friends, and vaporists. Today is a sad day for my iolite crapped out, hit the bucket, gave it's last hist and DIED on me.:( Now I guess I have to go through the tedeous task of getting in touch with customer service and enter a claim in for my iolite that is still under warrenty. Wish me luck folks. In short it hissed violently and just stopped working. Purged it and filled up 3 times. 1st gave it 10min before turning the switch. No response. 2nd gave it 30-40min. Cycles twice, hit the button, hisses violently, then smoke comes out the vents.(took it's last breath, and kaputt dead) 3rd try, gave it 2 hours, turn it on and it clicks inside for a good min and it's DONE! Loved this vaporizer; had since mid April of this year. Perfected the craft, went through this whole entire forum, was ready before I even got it. Novice turned iolite master. Love this vaporizer, just looking to resolve the situation asap and get back to medicating with vapors! Again wish me luck; going to call it to tomorrow.

VaphingApe415,

StickyShisha2

well, it finally happened to me. The metal tipped mouth piece that they sent to me (about 30 pages ago) is breaking. There are cracks forming and the metal end can spin. I'm glad they sent me two back then when my plastic ones broke.

StickyShisha2,

greystr0ke

StickyShisha said:
we used the io in the cinema today.:cool: Very stealthy and then someone piped up with a "Damn, that smells good!".
I finally used mine last night at the movies too. Not a good idea... Toy Story 3 was not loud enough to mask the hiss. The sound of the movie kept varying but it was most likely the theater I was at fault for that. I was pretty buzzed from beforehand so my judgment of to use or not to use it was not on par. The theater was pretty full too. I took two rips off it from inside a cup and exhaled into my shirt. The 2nd hit, the vapor expelled through my shirt and was extremely visible so I shut it off immediately. Friends were also telling me that it smelled very noticeably.

greystr0ke,

OldTimer

Did you mean to say
I took two rips off it from inside a cup and exhaled into my shit.
The 2nd hit, the vapor expelled through my shit and was extremely visible so I shut it off immediately. Friends were also telling me that it smelled very noticeably.
:D:D:D Thats bloody funny

OldTimer,

max

Out to lunch
Geeza said:
I will stick to my volcano... It works and is the rolls royce
OldTimer said:
The volcano is the rolls royce of home vaporization and the iolite is the rolls royce of portable vaporization
You both need to add IMO to those statements, because it's not a fact for either unit, just an arguable opinon. My opinion is that the 'best' vape (assuming that's what's meant by the Rolls comparison) shouldn't restrict the user to bag fill only, and I'd have to downgrade the iolite for noise and reliability.

greystr0ke said:
I finally used mine last night at the movies too. Not a good idea... Toy Story 3 was not loud enough to mask the hiss.
One of the reasons why you can't say the iolite is the best portable. If silent vaping is important, it doesn't do the job well.

With any portable, a hisser like the iolite or a silent LB, theater vaping is best done when there aren't a lot of people sitting around you.

max,

OldTimer

OldTimer wrote
mind you different horses for different courses and this is only my own narrow self centred point of view not ment to offend anybody or there choices cheers OldTimer
What more can i say, anyway im not gonna start stating my case jesus this place is like Youtube :)

OldTimer,

max

Out to lunch
OldTimer said:
OldTimer wrote
mind you different horses for different courses and this is only my own narrow self centred point of view not ment to offend anybody or there choices cheers OldTimer
What more can i say, anyway im not gonna start stating my case jesus this place is like Youtube :)
Sorry, I missed that caveat OldTimer. Some of us just get a little tired of the time worn 'Volcano is the best' statement. It may have been valid years ago, but especially considering the 'bag only' limitation, there are quite a few other top quality options these days. Besides, 'there is no best vaporizer' is our motto here. ;)

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
StickyShisha said:
Yeah, that is one thing about the Iolite that I didn't like... you could smell it, even more so if you let the herb sit in the bowl for a cycle or two.
First time I used my Io in the theater I had to stop because I ended up with a very large noticeable cloud. And my friends told me you could smell it heavily near me.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Yeah, with the Iolite, the bud is constantly being cooked between hits. The static temp may not be high enough to vape on it's own, but it is high enough to release those aromatics. It's one of the things I didn't like about this vape..

lwien,

lwien

max said:
Yeah, with the Iolite, the bud is constantly being cooked between hits.
Not many vapes that don't cook the herb between hits.
Really? Non-hands free whip vapes, bag vapes, the LaunchBox, the PD type vapes if you pull the stem out between hits, VripTechs, etc etc etc.

Maybe I'm failing to understand something here.

With the Iolite, the bowl heats up to vape temps, and the bud is in constant contact with the bowl at these temps even when you're not hitting it. You could lay the vape down for a few minutes and the vape temps is still being applied to the bud. Hell, even when you turn the Iolite off, the temp is still cycling. I don't know of very many other vapes that do this.

What am I missing here?

lwien,
Top Bottom