1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Interplanetary Development

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by InterplanetaryTanner, Jan 9, 2017.

1. proceeds_the_weedian

proceeds_the_weedian Member

Probably a (prudent) move as reaction to several reports of the new silo scratching up people's vapcaps:huh:
    Sucks,because they looked awesome. Hope it all gets sorted out,love ID's designs! Got the XL adaptor for my old silo. I'm officially back in love with it! Thought it had been retired by the stash I got this summer. Not so! My M-XL with a coil full of rosin plus a zippo style twoflamer is now THE daytime pocket setup:rockon:
    A stash feels bulky as hell in comparison and way more conspicuous!

2. InterplanetaryTanner

InterplanetaryTanner Interplanetary Development Accessory Maker

Yep. We took them down because of some scratching issues.

A new new silo is in the works, along with some other fun new products!

3. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

Hmmm... I was worried the harder metal might scratch the vapcaps.

I bought the new stainless silo in regular and xl but haven’t tried them yet.

Is there a work-around?

InterplanetaryTanner and Squiby like this.
  4. InterplanetaryTanner

Yep! Send me an email with your order number for a full refund!

5. I just want to thank Tanner for unusually good and unusually generous customer service.

I wrote to Tanner with a warranty question, and even before he responded, I had a shipping notification from Interplanetary Development in my inbox. And this was less than 10 minutes after sending him my question!

I'm certain Tanner broke a number of basic laws of physics with his speed in resolving the issue. More accurately – he went above and beyond merely resolving it.

Tanner does business as business should be done.

Thank you Tanner!

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 3:07 PM
  6. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

I have to say also, I am completely and utterly blown away by interplanetary’s customer service. It’s just unreal. Perhaps the best I have literally ever experienced.

7. Vapor4me

Vapor4me Well-Known Member

Another believer here. ID has set the standards to out of this world!

8. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Tanner is a man of his word. I've bought accessories from him in the past. The transactions were well executed, prompt and complete. So I've not had any issues in the past required customer service.

I am watching what is launched next. ID has a customer for life.

9. snaffle

snaffle Well-Known Member

I haven't seen scratching of my Omni in the new Silo XL I have. Could it scratch the Ti? If so I'll stop using it. My only issue with it so far is that the cap has a habit of getting stuck in the silo when I take the Omni out, which is then hard to remove separately. Something to try to improve with the next model. I still love it, though, it's so sexy ;)

Squiby and -dab8- like this.
  10. InterplanetaryTanner

I believe so yes. I would stop using it.

I’m not quite what the best method would be to make the cap remove smoothly. Since the only thing holding the cap onto the vap cap is friction...

Squiby likes this.
  11. Papi

Papi Hanlon's razor/Occam's razor

I've stopped using both of my ss silos because they were scratching my dynavaps ( metal burrs sticking out at bottom of threading not removed or smoothed). Just contacted ID. They have previously responded well to any issues. I see the ss are now off site. Should probably have contacted buyers in regards to possible issue in addition to removing item until quality control and manufacturing problem solved. Wish I had bought older models now. Hoping to exchange for black model. Order #id3368

Last edited: May 19, 2019 at 10:53 AM
    InterplanetaryTanner likes this.
  12. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

I can say with complete confidence, don’t worry. You will be taken care of. I would not hesitate to buy ANYTHING from interplanetary. They have world class customer service.

13. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

^^^^^ Here,here. Well said!!! ^^^^^

14. InterplanetaryTanner

Hey there,

I’ve seen your emails and I will reply to them tomorrow. I’ve been out of the office this weekend!

Papi, Jill NYC, -dab8- and 1 other person like this.
  15. Papi

Papi Hanlon's razor/Occam's razor

Thanks Tanner. I appreciate the way you handled the ss silo issue for me. More than one trusted member here commented on your CS and brother they weren't kidding.

Ramahs, -dab8-, Jill NYC and 2 others like this.
  16. InterplanetaryTanner

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors