Interplanetary Development

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
We have FuckCombustion which will get you 20% off your entire order. But that’s it at the moment. Usually we do a big sale when we have a new product launch, but we have a very limited stock at the moment.

But shoot me a PM with your order number

DataRocks

We have FuckCombustion which will get you 20% off your entire order. But that’s it at the moment. Usually we do a big sale when we have a new product launch, but we have a very limited stock at the moment.

But shoot me a PM with your order number

Are there more pictures / videos / reviews of the new silo?

BTW I gifted the SWII this Xmas and it was LOVED by the person who got it.

Last edited:

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
Are there more pictures / videos / reviews of the new silo?

BTW I gifted the SWII this Xmas and it was LOVED by the person who got it.

They just came in on Tuesday. We’re working on getting more pictures uploaded this weekend.

I imagine people may start writing reviews soon, once they start to be delivered.

When will the EU distributors get these?.

Thanks

Probably about a month and a half.

Slickwilly

Ever think about adding a magnet to the silo?

Nope. Don’t really see the need for a magnet on The Silo. I’m not sure what function it would provide.

Glad to see you added a magnet. :clap:

I still use my epoxied on magnet silo as my daily driver. Its beat up pretty bad but has always kept its contents safe in side, just a little hemp fiber on each end works great.

The SS will be a nice addition as well as the knurly grip cap. :nod:

Will be ordering one, not sure what size though? :hmm:

Looks to me like the difference in height between the Silo and Silo XL is the threaded on knurly cap? If so will the cap be available to purchase separate?

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
Yeah, I think the difference is the cap is larger for the XL. But currently there’s no plans to sell the caps separately.

InterplanetaryTanner,

snaffle

Wow, those new Silos look great! Really lovely looking design, I look forward to getting my hands on one.

I used the herb compartment all the time with the original Silo, though it was a bit fiddly it was still handy. I'll have to find a different on the go storage thing now. Still, worth it because the new Silo is so cool looking. Great job @InterplanetaryTanner :)

One question, where is the magnet? Is it on the outside of the cap? Is it to hold a vapcap upright after use, like an ad-hoc Launch Pad, or is it to hold the cap in position inside the tube (if so, why would that be needed)?

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
One question, where is the magnet? Is it on the outside of the cap? Is it to hold a vapcap upright after use, like an ad-hoc Launch Pad, or is it to hold the cap in position inside the tube (if so, why would that be needed)?

It’s on the outside of the cap. It doesn’t work too well to hold the entire vapcap due to it ending up being a tall tube that’s top heavy, but I believe most people use it as a way to hold their cap between switching out old herbs for new.

John Coaltrain

I hope everybody remembers the generous promotion Interplanetary has on offer right now. This is a fantastic company to deal with. I had a few questions about an out of stock item and shipping, and Tanner has been most helpful (and patient) with me.

Interplanetary Development does business as it should be done.

Thanks, Tanner.

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
Not a problem!

Just a heads up to everyone else, that offer is 40% off you’re entire order right now with the code ICanWait! - with the disclaimer that you can wait until April for it to be shipped.

(I’m headed out to NCECA for the week, so I unfortunately won’t be able to do any shipping until I get back)

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Perhaps a Slug.33 might be a better option for you.
You are not going to get oil without heat, and that is not what the push press is for.

Like your original thought, it is great for making blocks of keif. It is also probably great for pre-pressing flowers before a rosin press.

With regards to the Super Weapon... would love to see the next generation come without threads:cool:. Nothing else to improve on this awesome design.:tup:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I’m strongly considering a new silo in both sizes, but I wonder about the new stainless steel model scratching the stainless m? I think the original silo was aluminum so this wouldn’t have been an issue.

Anyone with a new silo able to weigh in?

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
The inside tolerance of the new Silo is a bit snug on the cap. Both ends are cushioned to prevent rattle. I have been sliding the VC into its Silo mouthpiece first. This prevents a snug fitting VC from voiding its contents upon removal due to the cap snagging on the way out.
I always put my vapcaps in any container mouthpiece first. Just makes sense to me to have the part that is removable, near the top of the container.

Have you noticed any scratching from the metal on metal, or were you saying this is less of an issue due to closer tolerance? I suppose with a cap on, the only metal exposed to the sides of the case would likely be the rim of the mouthpiece. MAYBE the sides of the m, but probably not much, with the metal removed.

For what it’s worth, I ordered both sizes yesterday anyway.

I trust this company.

snaffle

I recently got a new model Silo XL. Looks very slick, as I expected. I'm surprised at how heavy it is, I expected it to be a similar weight as the previous version of the silo, but it's quite a bit heavier. Was the previous version aluminium? I'm a stickler for things being lightweight, so I think I'll keep on using my older version while out and about. No harm in having a beautiful shiny Silo housing another vapcap at home, though :)

Mangu

I recently got a new model Silo XL. Looks very slick, as I expected. I'm surprised at how heavy it is, I expected it to be a similar weight as the previous version of the silo, but it's quite a bit heavier. Was the previous version aluminium? I'm a stickler for things being lightweight, so I think I'll keep on using my older version while out and about. No harm in having a beautiful shiny Silo housing another vapcap at home, though :)
The original was anodized aluminum....the new one is stainless steel. They wanted to address the issue of black anodized material easily scraping or becoming loose and sticking to people’s vapcaps. As a result the new one is heavier/more solid.

Mangu

What’s the update on the “New” Silo? Was just looking for a link to send to a friend and I can’t find it anywhere on ID site. Not even Sneaky Pete site which apparently had them listed previously....

Mangu,
Top Bottom