Interplanetary Development

snaffle

And The Silo is back in stock!

Ooh, new Silo, exciting! I still love my Silo XL (1st run of the silver ones).

From looking at your website, it looks like there have been some changes. No magnet on the lid, black plastic(?) tube in the main part, presumably to ensure no scratching of the vapcap, and slightly updated aesthetics. Anything else I've missed?

Looks great, anyway, nice job!

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
Ooh, new Silo, exciting! I still love my Silo XL (1st run of the silver ones).

From looking at your website, it looks like there have been some changes. No magnet on the lid, black plastic(?) tube in the main part, presumably to ensure no scratching of the vapcap, and slightly updated aesthetics. Anything else I've missed?

Looks great, anyway, nice job!

You are right! There’s no magnet. It didn’t seem helpful after trying it out.

There’s no inside tube. It’s just been polished very well.

Other than that we kept it simple.

snackmaster

Hey @InterplanetaryTanner what's that on the left?

5-1200x.png

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
A sneak peak. ;)

But really, with the latest silo not having herb storage, we decided to create something that we thought fit in between all the different options currently available.

It was supposed to be available at the same time the silo was, but there ended up being a slight issue with it.

Vapor4me

Ah... ID really knows how to keep the VAS alive :lol::D

Having said that, their CS is really top notch, you can feel they care about their products and the experience of their users.

So, when is this Silo + Cargo coming out? :razz:

V4M

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
Will there be an XL version? Please say yes.

Nope! There is only one size. Neither of which acts as a case for the vapcaps!

Ah... ID really knows how to keep the VAS alive :lol::D

Having said that, their CS is really top notch, you can feel they care about their products and the experience of their users.

So, when is this Silo + Cargo coming out? :razz:

V4M

the Silo is already available. :)

I’m not sure when the cargo (were calling it The Docking Station) will be available. I should have a better idea in about a week.

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
Hello Everyone,

I’m working on making a chart for the Silo and Silo XL that says what stems/VC-Combinations are compatible.

So if you have one of the new Silo or Silo XLs, I’d love to hear what fits and what doesn’t fit!

Also - I‘ve be been thinking about making a all in one VC wallet case that contains the VC, 2 herb compartments, magnets, and a lighter...

However, not just any lighter would fit. It would have to be a specific lighter (Zippo).

how do you guys feel about that?

InterplanetaryTanner,

Vapor4me

Hello Everyone,

I’m working on making a chart for the Silo and Silo XL that says what stems/VC-Combinations are compatible.

So if you have one of the new Silo or Silo XLs, I’d love to hear what fits and what doesn’t fit!

I have both, and a growing collection of VC's. Let me get back to you tomorrow, as I'm not WAAAy passed my sleeping time....

As for Zippo lighters, I have heard they have a torch insert, so I guess that works.

Vapor4me

The standard Silo fits: M models, including the coloured ones, and the Omni. It does not fit the hydra/Nona vong models.

The XL Silo fits: the Omni XL, but not the hydra/Nona vong models.

As a general comment, the fitting on the XL seems slightly better, as there's no rattle, but nothing that some hemp fibre can't fix.

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
As for Zippo lighters, I have heard they have a torch insert, so I guess that works.

I believe the problem with an all in one case comes down to the massive amount of customization that Dynavap provides. Both with the Vapcaps, and all the other required gear. It's almost impossible to reach a mass appeal on a single, well rounded setup.

The standard Silo fits: M models, including the coloured ones, and the Omni. It does not fit the hydra/Nona vong models.

The XL Silo fits: the Omni XL, but not the hydra/Nona vong models.

As a general comment, the fitting on the XL seems slightly better, as there's no rattle, but nothing that some hemp fibre can't fix.

Thank you! Here's what I have so far:

Silo:
  • Fits:
  • M Models (Colors Included)
  • Omni Model
  • -
  • Anything with a total length of <92mm and <X Diameter
  • -

• Doesn't Fit:
  • Vong Models

• Unconfirmed:
  • Short Intercooler

Silo XL:
  • Fits:
  • Omni XL Models
  • Long Intercooler
  • -
  • Anything with a total length of <109mm and <X Diameter
  • -

• Doesn't Fit:
  • Vong Models

Thats interesting! I'll have to look into the XL models fitting better than the standards.

InterplanetaryTanner,

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I believe the problem with an all in one case comes down to the massive amount of customization that Dynavap provides. Both with the Vapcaps, and all the other required gear. It's almost impossible to reach a mass appeal on a single, well rounded setup.

Thank you! Here's what I have so far:

Silo:
  • Fits:
  • M Models (Colors Included)
  • Omni Model
  • -
  • Anything with a total length of <92mm and <X Diameter
  • -

• Doesn't Fit:
  • Vong Models

• Unconfirmed:
  • Short Intercooler

Silo XL:
  • Fits:
  • Omni XL Models
  • Long Intercooler
  • -
  • Anything with a total length of <109mm and <X Diameter
  • -

• Doesn't Fit:
  • Vong Models

Thats interesting! I'll have to look into the XL models fitting better than the standards.

I was ecstatic to find that my Simrell Collection Vortex fit snug as a bug in my Silo. An elegant piece of kit holding another elegant piece of kit.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I just wanted to remind folks that ID is a great company. My SWII died on me and Tanner sent out the new SWIII to me. It is beautiful and works very well! But, I was wondering when they will issue medium plates for it. Right now, they only come in coarse grind. Thank you Tanner and your wonderful team! Namaste.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
@lauri melissa I had an issue with ground material getting caught in the dead space around the center tooth, have you encountered this? Also wondering when medium/fine plates will be available.
I am hoping that they release a medium and fine plates. I get lumps of material that gets stuck in between the blades. It can be inconsistent and uneven. But, I am sure they will resolve it. I thought SWII was a fantastic grinder, but the blades started to chip and bend. And it is discontinued. So upward and onward. Got to have faith that in listening to people's viewpoints can only better the product. Namaste ✌️

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
Apologies everyone. I’ve been very bad at staying up to date with social media the last few months.

I just wanted to remind folks that ID is a great company. My SWII died on me and Tanner sent out the new SWIII to me. It is beautiful and works very well! But, I was wondering when they will issue medium plates for it. Right now, they only come in coarse grind. Thank you Tanner and your wonderful team! Namaste.

Thank you for the shout out! You’re very welcome. :)

I’m not sure when it will happen. It’s something that keeps getting worked on, and then forgotten about as other more important issues have come up.

@InterplanetaryTanner great looking Silos, any further movement on the "docking station"?

I am tormented by storage devices.........

Sadly I don’t believe this is going to become a reality. We’ve received a few different samples and the quality of them wasn’t up to our standards.

We’ve had an idea for a different style wallet case that holds the DynaVap, a zippo case, and some storage. But nothing is finalized and I’m not sure if it would be successful since it would only be compatible with zippo cases with torch inserts.

I am hoping that they release a medium and fine plates. I get lumps of material that gets stuck in between the blades. It can be inconsistent and uneven. But, I am sure they will resolve it. I thought SWII was a fantastic grinder, but the blades started to chip and bend. And it is discontinued. So upward and onward. Got to have faith that in listening to people's viewpoints can only better the product. Namaste ✌️

There’s definitely going to be a few more tweaks and fixes in the next production run! And that will likely be when fine and medium plates come out. Since there is also a issue of a MOQ with them.

-

Other than that so hope everyone is well!

I’m not too sure what sort of new products we’ll have this year. We have 2 in a very rough preliminary idea phase. But they are nothing too exciting.

ak1016

I emailed a while ago about material getting stuck in the top of the grinder as well as the shape of the kief compartment relative to the scoop. Wondering if these are planned fixes in the next iteration -- If so, let me know when I can pre-order one :-)

BlueHueCO

Glad to hear about the tweaks ID, I really enjoy my SWII and SWIII. The tweaks will only make me feel even better about recommending the grinders to my friends. They are pretty underrated in my book. Also, did you see that FC is closing down? May want to get in touch with the staff so you can move over your thread. They'll probably be messaging you at some point about it.

BlueHueCO

All the threads that are being locked. Go check one of the locked threads and they will explain the move to the new site. In a nutshell, the admin is awol and the hosting is running out, among other things.

Top Bottom