Interplanetary Development

Mangu

I think that was referring to an old post,I don't know ...anyway
Thanks Tanner I appreciate your effort but we're good. I seem to have upset your fans so I will continue to try and round file the stainless Silo burrs to prevent further vape scratching and the aluminium silos are already in the trash where they belong.

I’ve read about all this excellent CS stuff too, and I guess am impressed if its true. But if you complained about messed up SS Silos, and received two rusty Silo, and that’s it, then that is definitely messed up and not the type of CS anyone should be bragging about.

If you got a refund then i can’t say that it’s still a problem because they’ve done what they can to make things right. I gave my V1 Silo away and now i just hope it’s not rusting up...My buddy doesn’t use his VC much and i won’t bother to ask so I guess we shall find out some day.

Papi

SevGen
I’ve read about all this excellent CS stuff too, and I guess am impressed if its true. But if you complained about messed up SS Silos, and received two rusty Silo, and that’s it, then that is definitely messed up and not the type of CS anyone should be bragging about.

If you got a refund then i can’t say that it’s still a problem because they’ve done what they can to make things right. I gave my V1 Silo away and now i just hope it’s not rusting up...My buddy doesn’t use his VC much and i won’t bother to ask so I guess we shall find out some day.
Quick responses/refunds from CS are nice but the most important part first and foremost is receiving a good product in the first place. So quality control in manufacturing/design is what ID is struggling with in the case of the Silo. The stainless silos were really nice looking and had a somewhat useful magnet on top.I hope they can eliminate the vape scratching issue (full silicone lining? ) No one wants to buy something designed to protect your device that actually damages it..keep trying id

InhaleExhale

I wire-brushed and washed the inside of both my V1 silos when I got them to remove any flaking anodizing. Didn't see any come out of mine, but saw examples from others in this thread (which is why I wire-brushed in the first place).

I only dump ABV in the storage compartment, not vaporizables. The vapcap herb chamber is always stored sealed/with the cap attached, so I am not concerned about vaping anodizing flakes. Never had a problem and use mine all the time! Thanks @InterplanetaryTanner

snaffle

I've been using my new Silo all the time. Decided that I'd risk the possibility of it scratching up my vapcap. So far so perfect. I looked inside the tube and there are no burrs or anything, maybe I got lucky. Anyway, I just wanted to say I really like it, it's a lovely design, and thanks a lot.

Oh, and relatedly (although I may be the only person who had this issue), I found a reliable way to get it out if the cap is stuck in the tube, which happens sometimes. Just open the lid screw a little, shake it, and then the vapcap will all come out fine.

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
That’s an idea but there’s currently nothing to release a sneak peak of.

They should be shipping out today. And if not then early next week. So we should have them probably the second week of July I’m guessing.

InterplanetaryTanner

Manufacturer
Quick Silo update:

I think everything now is good to go and ready to actually be produced. I saw some pictures last night and it’s looking beautiful.

Our factory did a lot of testing of different possible solutions and what they came up with was a more much more refined boring method followed by a 1000 mesh polish.

I haven’t seen the insides of the tubes yet, they’ll be delivered in the next 1-2 weeks with some new black grinders. But I’m thinking they will be looking good.

Also, the magnet and storage compartment have been removed. :uhoh:

mephisto

The new grinder kicks ass! The quarter turn engagement is slick and the kief screen collects pollen like a champ. The grind is fine enough to run well through my 'hopper so it is good for most other convection vapes with regard to grind consistency. Great work! bye bye SCS......

edit for sp.

dudeguy

Thank you all for your suggestions. The Q-tip method should probably be enough in most cases anyway. Still good to know the grinder can also handle a little soak should he get really gunked up :D.

Top Bottom