• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How to Keep Bong Water Hot.....

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I ordered this one :

http://www.alquitaras.com/alambic/alambic/alambic/alambic-2-l-rivete.php

100% food safe copper

4210.jpg

I can't wait for it to come. Once you tried the pure water you can't go back

luchiano

Hey everyone, I just realized you can get a lot of taste, filter the vapor form plant fibers, and still cool the vapor down from being too hot, by just filling your water pipe with only enough water to submerge the downstem to the point that the water is BARELY filling the hole. If you have a lot of diffusion slits, you would have to fill the water chamber with enough water to touch the part that air comes out of. I say that because a lot of times bongs have a lot of diffusers, but smoke/vapor only comes out a small portion of them, so you have to find out where is the vapor coming out of.

Also, hot fast you inhale makes a difference, because when you inhale at a slow to moderate pace, the air has a chance to cool off much better then if you inhaled fast. It would still be warm enough to hold a lot of vapor, but not hot enough to hurt your throat. If you inhale hard, a lot of the air will still be too hot, and more water is needed to cool down the vapor, but a lot of taste will be lost doing this. I don't know if this is 100%, but I think the hot air being in contact with the low water content of the chamber, also helps boil off some water to help add moisture to the vapor being that there is not a lot of water to condense the steam back into the water when you are inhaling, This is the case with room temperature water. I don't know if this will happen with water fresh out of the refrigerator that is real cold.

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration for the idea.

luchiano,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I ordered this one :

http://www.alquitaras.com/alambic/alambic/alambic/alambic-2-l-rivete.php

100% food safe copper

I can't wait for it to come. Once you tried the pure water you can't go back

I think you could make some nice shine with that instrument too! You and lwien have me convinced, I'm coming over to the warm side of the pool! Magma ordered and on the way! I'm going to try and pass it off as a gift to my gf, then a week or so later will stumble upon this new great way to vape bong, lol, is this wrong or genius???

Detonator

what about a coffee cup warmer? I used to use one ( with a cup of coffee )and it was nice, anyone try one?

Detonator,
Reactions: DDave

KidFated.

Unknown Member
You guys need to invest in a nice Thermos! Keep that hot water hot even when your vapebongin in the jeep!

Edit: i just remembered not everyone sits in the middle of the woods in a jeep with a bong and dbv. But if you do, BRING THAT THERMOS

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
I quickly scrolled through this but didn't see it.... WHY do you want hot water to cool Vapor?

Caligula,

lwien

I quickly scrolled through this but didn't see it.... WHY do you want hot water to cool Vapor?

I don't. I want hot water to moisturize the vapor.

With a VERY short vapor path, such as you get when you use an MFLB, as an example, heat could be an issue, but with most other vapes, the vapor is cooled enough by the time it reaches your lungs. What I have found is, is it's not the heat of the vapor that poses the biggest problem, but rather the dryness of the vapor. Also, I think that using heat rather than cold decreases the amount of condensation that can take place.

For me, I've found that conditioning the vapor with very warm water helps my lungs to function better. It's kinda like the reason why doctors will tell you to breath in the steam from a warm shower if you have lung congestion from an infection. Kinda helps to open things up, if you will. Using warm water with my LSV, I can take HUGE rips without even a hint of wanting to cough.

Many here have shared my experience and some have not. My suggestion is just to give it a shot along with reporting back here if it worked for ya or if it didn't.

Last edited:

lwien

You think its worth while putting hot water into my PWNT for Solo use?

I have no idea. Why not give it a shot and report back. Also, don't use hot water that's hot enough to scold your lungs. Very, very warm water from the tap should suffice. If it's cool enough to keep your hand in the water without you wanting to pull it out, the water is hot enough.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations LWien,

...the water cools down... ...below the temp that I want and I then have to dump... ... I want hot water to moisturize the vapor. Also, I think that using heat rather than cold decreases the amount of condensation that can take place. ... ...don't use hot water that's hot enough to scold your lungs.

This happens to be a topic i've personally explored trying to cover the whole spectrum between dry vs moist, hot vs cold. In the end i found that i prefer to add just a tiny bit of moisturization near body temperature but it turned out my water in the glass accessory went hotter after a while and then i had to replace it with cold water... A bong filled with water set at your prefered temperature while getting a continuous supply of hot water vapor would cover your comfort zone long enough to enjoy a full session, IMO.

Here's the setup i evaluated this fall:

The hot water vapor generator located behind injected some controlled amount of burning-hot moisturized air into the glass accessory, below liquid water level:

The bubbling action transfered enough heat to the cold water inside so i could inhale directly from my glass aperture without discomfort as a result. Clearly, it wouldn't have been an issue to keep that moisture sufficiently warm for your own desired purpose.

...give it a shot along with reporting back here...

Done:

Hoping this inspires a solution which will suit you better, with the benefit of avoiding water-washing!
79.gif

:peace:

lwien

Hi Eg.....

Water washing? What's that.

Also, I don't understand why this, more complicated set-up, would be better than just putting my bong on a hot plate.

lwien,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again LWien,

Water washing? What's that.

This is how i describe it when cannabic vapor goes through water.

Also, I don't understand why...

That's all right, simply consider giving it a shot if/when you see fit, eventually.

Also, please take note this was only meant as an experiment trying to evaluate multiple variables through one same configuration (e. g. i concur: it certainly wouldn't be too convenient to depend on such contraption on a regular basis!)...

:peace:

Detonator

I

img1490ok.jpg

Yeah, I like to hit my small piece dry and warm. I use it to grab the awesome flavor of the first puffs. The perc smooths theses hits even without water

I love this pix, cause I think you have gone insane, and I love ya anyway. This has got to be the crazy side of " hey maybe we should try hot water in the bong........ I just surprised I did not get here sooner....ok yes I got ideas I also got a heat lamp left over somewhere from when my snake walked off...hmm

Any way uh w.... carry on

edit too many werds

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I love this pix, cause I think you have gone insane, and I love ya anyway. This has got to be the crazy side of " hey maybe we should try hot water in the bong........ I just surprised I did not get here sooner....ok yes I got ideas I also got a heat lamp left over somewhere from when my snake walked off...hmm

Any way uh w.... carry on

edit too many werds
Sir, please put the vapes down... preferably somewhere I can access them (to make sure they're "safe") :tup:

sal69

hmm i dont know if anybody here has raised the question: Is it safe to keep warm water around for a longer period of time and inhale thru it? I guess that is like a big germ-pool and the longer you keep it the worse it gets. What do you guys think?

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I would think that cool/cold water would be better for a soothing, clean hit of vape. It'll be interesting to try with warm water.. Isn't there the issue of bacteria growing in warmer conditions or something?

Radio,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Its a shame that even vape water needs to be cleaned. Waiting for a self-cleaning, anti-fungal/bacterial water filtration device.. Maybe a fishtank? without the fish of course

Radio,
Reactions: DDave

the_cascadian

yeah, no way i'd want stagnant, hot bog water collecting in my bubbler. :razz: clean that shit out after every session or at least daily!

the_cascadian,
Top Bottom