• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How to Keep Bong Water Hot.....

lwien

Ok, so here's the deal. I tested it out with my glass HVY mini-beaker being that most of you guys use glass. Will try it with the SC bong to see if that retains or loses heat any differently.

How long you keep it in the microwave depends on the output of your particular MW. I put it in for 3 minutes, filled the bong with hot water (about 50C, I imagine) and it kept the water steady at that temp for 30 minutes. Didn't test it for longer yet. Will do that soon.

So for you guys, hypothetically, if it kept your water at the exact same temp for 30 minutes with a gradual rolloff over the next 30 min, would it be a go for ya? Or would you want a powered hot plate that would keep the temp constant for hours?

Gotta test this thing for an hour but when putting my hand on the plate after 45 minutes, there is a temperature drop. Still warm, but just lukewarm.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Couldn't you just stick it back in the microwave for a shorter time, say 30 seconds, to heat it up again?

momofthegoons,

VapeStL

Or what about keeping a pot of hot water going on the stove? Being winter the extra moisture in the air can't hurt, plus you get fresh water.

VapeStL,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
If this feels convenient enough for you, I don't see why not

The IR lamp is amazing to use

I ordered a 100W bulb so I can try with lower power. Since a couple hours I am using the deflector from my hps cooltube to concentrate the heat on my piece. Seems to work really well

Roger D,

lwien

Ok, just tried it with the SC bong. Water was kept hot at the same temp that in went in at for over an hour. Guess the stainless conducts and retains heat longer than glass plus heating up those cubes in a glass of hot water helped a lot as well.

I think I'm gonna keep it.

Nosferatu

What do you guys think about just room temp water? I feel like cold water makes vapor harsher, and hot water makes it loose its flavor, but i feel room temp water is just right...

Nosferatu,

lwien

Used the Orka with glass again. Kept it warm for over an hour and half. Must be because of some "break-in" period.

Oh, one more thing. The surface is a rubberized surface so there is no slippage whatsoever between the bottom of the bong and the surface of the Orka. Kinda just sticks there.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Nosferatu,

What do you guys think about just room temp water?

Euh... What about room-temperature fog?...

Or what about keeping a pot of hot water going on the stove? Being winter the extra moisture in the air can't hurt, plus you get fresh water.

Instead of having to stay around my stove in the kitchen i've found a way to turn my induction heater plate & SS/Glass pot into a hot-water vapour generator. The holes in the glass lid are an exact match for my tubing hardware but i no longer have strong cough-inducing weed around to test it...

:peace:

Egzoset,

VAPORIZER22

What do you guys think about just room temp water? I feel like cold water makes vapor harsher, and hot water makes it loose its flavor, but i feel room temp water is just right...

I have tried all three and I found that I prefer hot water for both flavor and smoothness. Ever since lwien posted about using hot water with the LSV I tried it and have not used anything but hot water. The flavor I get now with hot water out of my Lev Lattice using the LSV and Solo is noticeably better, and gets unreal when I use wax between the herb. The smoothness is also much better for me with hot water.

My only minor complaint is that the hot water fogs up the bubbler and can make it difficult to judge how much vapor your about to inhale, so I just swirl the water around before each hit.

lwien

My only minor complaint is that the hot water fogs up the bubbler and can make it difficult to judge how much vapor your about to inhale, so I just swirl the water around before each hit.

Yup. For me, that's the only downside. With the PD, it wasn't a problem, but with the LSV, you can definitely go over the top if ya don't pay attention.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard

Somehow I managed to get rid of theses. Uniform heating of the piece and solution additive. I swirled a lot before that :D

lwien

Doesn't the idea of hot water defeat the purpose of bongs with ice holders?

The whole idea with using ice is that it cools the vapor, but for me, I have found that adding moisture is even more important than cooling the temp. Also consider that cooling the temp, as with ice, causes even more condensation when warm vapor hits cold surfaces of either the ice itself, the bong and the water.

But in answer to your question, yes, it does defeat the purpose, but for me, I've found the purpose is not a benefit.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
The whole idea with using ice is that it cools the vapor, but for me, I have found that adding moisture is even more important than cooling the temp. Also consider that cooling the temp, as with ice, causes even more condensation when warm vapor hits cold surfaces of either the ice itself, the bong and the water.

But in answer to your question, yes, it does defeat the purpose, but for me, I've found the purpose is not a benefit.

Can't agree more. Cold hits condensate a bunch of THC this is logic that the hit may feel "smoother" with less actives known to be irritant.. Better bet on warm moisturizing instead, keeping the actives being absorbed, going to your cells

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I got my 100W IR bulb yesterday. This is a another grade of lamps, special terrarium, it emits even less visible light. Its particularly nice late in the evening. The heat seems smoother but is not weak.

When the 250W was getting my pieces too hot (43°C+) if I let them sit under the lamp and forget about it, this lower powered version keeps the temperature around 32°C without even need for looking at it. It is amazingly stable. I can do my stuff and when I want to vape, my glass is already warm.

It is really easy to change bubs, I just got to wait a bit for it to get room temperature, I can use the bub adapted for the usage, the biggest one is my favorite for food. I also use a cooltube deflector sometimes to concentrate heat when I need more instant power. This IR lamp is the best heat source I ever had.

First thing it the morning, I press my switch remote control from my bed, the lamp powers on and starts warming up my pieces while I'm still enjoying the lasts moments of sleep

img1490ok.jpg

Yeah, I like to hit my small piece dry and warm. I use it to grab the awesome flavor of the first puffs. The perc smooths theses hits even without water

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Your Rezblock looks heavily diluted.

It is. The color also fades with the heat.
I am trying to cut down the dosage for experiment purpose. I don't use rezblock but a home made analogue.
I like to change water even more often than daily so I look for the just amount of anti stick concentrate to get good performances. So far I don't see the anti stick factor getting down. Thanks to the heat I guess.

I have to work on it but I will post about the concentration of solution I use in the rezblock topic

Roger D,

Tweek

I think the heat lamp is cool and all, but people already think I am crazy with my vape collection. I am not sure having a heat lamp dangling in my room would make them feel any better :D

I did try the whole bean bag thing and it was a hassle and didn't work very well. That heat plate looks intriguing, although a but pricey compared to plug in plates. I do like that you don't have to depend on an outlet near your desk or around water though.

Tweek,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I think the heat lamp is cool and all, but people already think I am crazy with my vape collection. I am not sure having a heat lamp dangling in my room would make them feel any better

F em ;) Crazy like that is crazy like daddy cool

I wouldn't mind a PM with the formula.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rezblock.8060/page-4#post-326603

This is not the updated version, the second part wasn't tried yet, the formula for a concentrate, it gave me a kind of paste, too thick for a dropper. I had to triple the added water. The proportions between glycerin/acid/cranberry powder always remain the same. All the ingredients are available on aroma zone and plenty of others sources.
If you have any question feel free to PM !

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I would think a common room space heater or a tabletop could sit in front of your piece and not give any friends strange looks while keeping the water and glass as warm as you want if it's an adjustable heater :) but really Roger that setup looks so awesome, and really enjoy your videos! Keep it up mate :cheers:

kushcabbage,
Reactions: Roger D
Top Bottom