• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How to Keep Bong Water Hot.....

lwien

I like vaporbonging through very warm water. The problem is, is that the water cools down really quick so if I want to take another hit, in say 10 minutes or so, it's below the temp that I want and I then have to dump the water, reheat new water and refill. Pain in the ass.

Found this. Could work. Has anyone used one of these and if so, do ya think it could work in my application?

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
That is way cool. I don't know why it wouldn't work. The only problem would be if it gets too hot.

I could see getting one of these myself. But not for the same reason.. :D I was looking at warming trays the other day and they are really expensive. Have you already researched the availability and price?

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Roger D

gvape

Sounds like a pretty good idea for keeping your bong water warm.

Those could also be really nice for making BHO. Put your dish on that and evaporate all the butane out. Would help purge it nicely.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
From what I can see they run from $30 - $45, depending on where you get it. They have what appears to be a knockoff at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $30. The others can be gotten from the Mastrad site, Amazon or ebay.

Edit: You beat me to it placetime. :lol:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

lwien

30 bucks at Amazon with free shipping

Ok, I'm gettin' one on Amazon. Will report back how it works. Seems like a perfect solution for keeping bong water hot.

Mom, you're right, it could get too hot, but if that happens, I could just put it in the microwave for less time. Will have to experiment a bit. They say that it stays hot for an hour so I would imagine that the heat degradation happens pretty slowly.

I was looking at hot plates for this application, but having to plug something else in, wasn't something that I really wanted to do, and then I came across this.

z9

Woah $45!

You can get candle warmers from Michaels for $5, or 3 for $10. No need to microwave those, just plug it in. I used to heat my old bong all the time for steamy vapor hits.

Hey Iwien, a friend of mine made me some heat packs filled with rice, normal white I think, and the material doesn't seem special, but I can ask her. They're about 5"x9"x1.5",but could be fabricated to fit on, wrap around, or dress up whatever WP you want. I can imagine a zipper and/or Velcro designed in the right spots, could allow you many possibilities in trying to keep as much heat around the water as possible. Usually, I would throw mine in the microwave for around 4 minutes, and the sucker would stay hot for a quite a while and warm forever. I'll try it with some glass tomorrow and see how the heat hold up in a couple different configurations(wrap a majority of the h20 reservoir and just resting the glass on it), might as well grab temps with an IR as well.
I know my friend is currently trying to start an online store for the packs, but customs for random pieces would be hard to do w/o the piece there, but maybe we could get some sort of universal design. Otherwise its a good project for anyone with a thimble and thread(also rice,fabric, and needle.

havealight101,
Seems like a really great idea!:clap: Ive tried the warm water a few times and really like how soothing it is with vapor.:smug: However, I just use room temperature distilled water since the water cools down pretty quickly. Interested in your findings Iwien. Will stay posted:tup:

SativaLover420,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think the problem with the microwavable rice packs will be the stability of the bubbler unless it only wrapped around the glass. I have one that I use as a heating pad, and while it works very well for that, the fact that the rice doesn't stay in one place could be problematic for an application like this.

The cup warmers have to be plugged in, which lwien was trying to get around. I think the fact that you can use the magma pad for other uses sort of justifies the price a bit. And when you think of how much money some of us are spending on glass, it's a small investment for something stable and easily warmed. :2c:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes
I know what your saying Mom, it may not work. The pack would have to be loosly packed so the base is sitting on fabric, not rice, and have the rice wrapped around upwards. The does magna seems like a pretty cool product.

havealight101,
lwien, did you see this?

img1459dy.jpg

I received and installed my 250W infrared lamp. It works exactly like I wanted, heating up the piece and its water in a slow and safe way, without need for efforts (I has to dump the fluid, heat it, pour it again and again) I will also use it to keep my food warm. I plugged it on a remote controlled switch so it is really easy to operate
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rezblock.8060/page-6#post-330951

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Cool topic ! Thanks lwien
Looking forward on the hotplate review !

There is lot to research about temperatures, with this new lamp I think I found the perfect ally

img1460gg.jpg

What kind of temperature do you like the most ? For the moment I find the best smoothness when I'm just above 32°C.

Edit : A bit hotter is always better but the temperature always stabilize down after a couple hits

Above 37°C is is too hot and gets unpleasant

I use a ISO certified pro IR thermometer, all the measurement are really accurate (less than one degree of tolerance)

Edit 2 : It is only my first hours with it and I'm already hooked

lwien

I don't know the temp of the water I use. It's hot enough that I can't leave a finger in for longer than 5 seconds before it really starts to hurt. I would imagine that the water also cools a bit because I don't preheat the bong and also the time from when I initially put it in until I hit it. If I had to guess, the water when first put into the glass is around 50C.

There was only one time when the water was too hot and believe me, your lungs will tell you when this happens. Kinda scary really because my lungs hurt for about 10 minutes after I took a hit. Will NEVER do that again..........so I go by touch, how hot the water feels.

Will be interesting to see how the Orka does. Tracking says that it is being delivered today. That was quick. I love Amazon.....

lwien,
Reactions: Roger D

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Nobody tried to warm up his vaping fluid ?

I found that i needed to heat up the solution to 53°C so when I pour it in in the piece it stabilizes around 37°C, after my session it was still at 32°C.

img1451m.jpg

img1443m.jpg

I don't know the temp of the water I use. It's hot enough that I can't leave a finger in for longer than 5 seconds before it really starts to hurt. I would imagine that the water also cools a bit because I don't preheat the bong and also the time from when I initially put it in until I hit it. If I had to guess, the water when first put into the glass is around 50C.

There was only one time when the water was too hot and believe me, your lungs will tell you when this happens. Kinda scary really because my lungs hurt for about 10 minutes after I took a hit. Will NEVER do that again..........so I go by touch, how hot the water feels.

Will be interesting to see how the Orka does. Tracking says that it is being delivered today. That was quick. I love Amazon.....

You're guessing right ! Field tested (pics)

Touching the glass to feel the temperature of the water before hitting it enough to be safe for sure.

This is amazing, I think the potency is really affected by all this. I only taked three puffs on a .08 from the moment I woke up, and I feel a stronger medication than what I'm used to. Maybe it is because the lamp does warm up the whole piece, instead of just the bottom or the water, when all the rest is stone cold.

I'm starting to love that red light. This color makes me feel good just watching it

lwien

^^ Kinda the Aromed approach, eh?

But yeah, I've been using hot water now for a few years. It's the only way I vape. I think the increased potency is for two reasons. One is that the added humidity/moisture that is added to the vapor allows your lungs to work a bit more efficiently in processing the cannabinoids. I also believe that there is less condensation going on because there is not the dramatic temp differences that happen when warm vapor hits cold surfaces.

With potentially better absorption of more humid vapor, perhaps it feels more potent because you're speeding up cerebral vasodilation?

More absorption --> Faster cerebral vasodilation --> Feeling that is stronger than normal

I can't back any of this up with my level of knowledge on the subject other than the fact that THC (and I think some CBDs?) is a vasodilator but I like to hypothesize about this stuff. :science:

ghostslinger,
Reactions: Enchantre

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
This is about condensation primarily. This second thory is really interesting too. I noticed that I can hold the hits longer, it gives me lighter exhales.

Roger D,
How would one curious about getting into this start out? Just heat up some water, place into glass, and proceed quickly before it cools down too much?

ghostslinger,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Exactly like that, simple.
If you want it to stay warm longer you can preheat you piece with hot water shower.

Another awesome thing is that hot water filters and humidifies better

Edit : Serious data coming up
There is still a lot of work to do but I see the perfect experience taking shape. I want to have a touch of the next level, it is getting better, stronger everyday, while spending less on the product so I can always invest more on equipment.

Roger D,

lwien

Just got the Orka. Haven't tried it yet but here's my first observations.

Thing weighs a ton. For something as small as it is, it weighs in at 3 lbs. VERY high quality in both how it looks and how it's finished. VERY well made. Perfect size for any bong on bubbler. The heating pad, which is totally flat but on a raised platform measures 6" across.

Goin out for a run in 30min. Will test when I return.

Top Bottom