• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How to Keep Bong Water Hot.....

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Silicone heater mats

58e2f06f0348d0d4863916e9898ad495.jpg

Applications

The uses for silicone heater mats are infinite as they can suit any application requiring surface heating up to +230°C.

Advantages
  • Custom design (dimension, voltage and power)
  • Wide temperature range : from -60°C to +230°C
  • Good resistance to water and chemicals
  • Quick laying
  • Flexible and light weight
  • Cold lead lengths : on request

Technical data
  • Max power : 5000 W / m²
  • Voltage : 230 V
  • Max size : 0.9m × 3m
  • Cold lead lengths : on request
  • Max. maintenance t° (turned on) : +230°C

Option
  • Self-adhesive foil
  • Alternative fixings are available : hooks and straps
  • Heat protector
  • Earthing

http://aaatelec.com/products/heating-mat/silicone-heater-mats

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Haven't had time to read through the thread, but I like to keep my vapor bubbler sitting next to the fan output for my laptop which runs hot. Keeps it a really nice temperature in between hits.

I used to put my bubs on my computer top :D

Roger D,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Roger D,

img1490ok.jpg

58e2f06f0348d0d4863916e9898ad495.jpg

Although this may seem a practical method i doubt uncontrolled mixture of cannabic vapour and steam (hot water vapour) can provide the perfect ratio auto-magically. In my opinion a better attempt needs to be done relatively to the combination process...

:peace:

Egzoset,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
I just love this forum for its information and the things that I learn. So I have been reading this thread and a few others that talk about vaping out of warm water (thanks to Lwien). This is a game changer. It totally changes the experience for me. It is so comfortable and it has to be better for you. My water now stays super clean. Pretty amazing. I'm also using a Magma plate (Amazon 30 bucks) and it works perfectly. I can get a nice 30 min sesh in and my water never gets cold. Also taste appears to be preserved as well. Give it a try. I will never use ice or cold water again.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I wonder if one of those 'heat in a click' reusable pads would work for this. I've only seen them avail online in the UK, but one of the types available should work for a keeping the WP warm enough for quite a long time I would think ? :shrug:

"
“Just click and use again and again...”
HEAT IN A CLICK Is an instant, portable and
Reusable heating pad. At a click of a button, the
Pad will reach 54°C (130°F). Our pads contain a
Non-toxic salt based solution called Sodium
Acetate in a sealed plastic bag.
The nontoxic mineral salt used in the pad called “sodium acetate” it is a food grade salt momently used in the food industry - for example you can find it as a taste addend in salt and vinegar crisps.
The salt is mixed with water and sealed in PVC outer “Skin” in oxygen free environment to prevent the salt from crystalizing without a “trigger , when the metal disc is flexed it kick starts a chain reaction of rapid crystallisation of the salt which create a high temperature in seconds this is what we call an “exothermic reaction”.
To activate: gently flex the metal disc that floats in the salt solution, you should see the salt crystals forming quickly and the pad changes colour and heats up. Gently massage the pad to break the salt crystals into to a softer texture and use the pad.
After a period of time (from 30 minutes to 2 hours) the pad will become solid and cold.
To recharge: when you have the time – place a cloth on a bottom of a pan and fill it with tap water. Place the pan on the stove and bring the water to boiling. Place the pad in the pan (even if the shape of the pad does not fit the pan the pad will liquefied and fit into the pan in no time) until the pad is completely liquefied, make sure that there are no crystals in the pad (even one crystal will cause the pad to recrystallizes) and store it until the next use."

http://www.amazinghealth.co.uk/heat-with-a-click-heatable-gel-pads.htm

EDIT: Here's a vid I came across to explain what it is and how it works: (although this is only for the hand heat pak)

smokum,
Reactions: Roger D
Would the Orka Magma plate work with bubblers that have separate, raised bases? The LevFC bubbler springs immediately to mind.

kingofnull,

lwien

Yeah, I would think so. That pad gets pretty hot. Not too hot to touch, but to hot to keep your fingers on it too long. Stays that way for good 30 minutes before it slooooooly cools over the next hour.

So I think it would work, but I think ya gonna have to try it out. Amazons got a pretty liberal return policy. It's would be worth a shot.

The other nice thing about this pad is that it's designed to look great with any kind of piece you put on it, and the pad is kind of a rubbery surface so it's pretty darn had for anything to slip off of it. (fuck, I sound like a commercial :uhoh: )

lwien,
Reactions: smokum

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I could be way off base, but I remember a post where a forum member said the doctor told him he had gotten an infection due to using hot water.

So is this safe or not? Does anyone have any input? Thanks.

newVaper420,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I could be way off base, but I remember a post where a forum member said the doctor told him he had gotten an infection due to using hot water.

100% safe if done properly. I never use the same water for more than 6 hours, and it is home made distillate water, purified under my supervision. If that wasn't enough I add my organic resin blocking and preservative concentrate to the solution (again home made for QC). I also clean every of my tools and parts as much as I can.

If you don't pay constant attention I think it is really easy to get infected.

In fact, it took me years to realize that hygiene is a huge variable in the experience

For everyday clean, I use hot water with sodium bicarbonate. Safe and easy.

For heavy cleaning, I use burning hot water with percarbonate + zeolites + polycarboxylates. I Always wear protection gloves and goggles.

At every rinse, I put a dozen sprays of rinse additive : Citric acid 20% + vegetable glycerin 20% + purified water. It keeps hard water traces away like nothing else (the VG makes the CA persist). You can use vinegar as a simpler but less effective alternative.

I only use the hot part of the tap water, if not, purified water.

lwien

I rinse after every session with hot water. Do an Iso wash once a month. Been vaping through hot water for about 3 years now every night. No infections whatsoever.

lwien,

Really? I wish you'd remember who so I can research.

kingofnull,

lwien

As long as you're vaping with clean water, I can't see how warm water would cause any kind of infection. As a matter of fact, when people DO have lung infections like bronchitis or pneumonia it is pretty common for doctors to prescribe putting your head over a bowl of hot water with a dab of vapo-rub or go into a hot shower to breath in the moist water vapor to help break up the mucous buildup along with helping to open up the airways.

smokum

I can't see more than coincidence involved since many many people your steam rooms for extended periods, and repeatedly, but I could see it if their hot water source is contaminated in some way :shrug:

All I know is that 'I' have chronic bronchitis and was told by my doctor to inhale the steam from my warm mist humidifier with eucalyptus and only to make sure that it was cleaned and disinfected regularly. I also make my own distilled water and use that.

EDIT: I also should mention the only reason the doctor suggested it was that I was adamant about not wanting to take pharmaceuticals.

StickyShisha2

img1459dy.jpg

I received and installed my 250W infrared lamp.

i just set up the same lamp. no joke, i hung it over my toilet.
i had been using a space heater to warm the room but this works better and much faster.
cool air and a warm seat makes my happy in the morning.

StickyShisha2,

smokum

I bought a stainless steel tube & housing table top distiller years ago that off runs thru an active carbon sache. I originally purchased it to make my 15ppm colloidal silver, but found the distilled water comes in handy so often that it near runs all the time, lol.

I really should get around to upgrading to a larger unit.

smokum,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I wonder if one of those 'heat in a click' reusable pads would work for this. I've only seen them avail online in the UK, but one of the types available should work for a keeping the WP warm enough for quite a long time I would think ? :shrug:
It absolutely would not. Supersaturated solutions crystallize to release the stored heat.

OO,

smokum

It absolutely would not. Supersaturated solutions crystallize to release the stored heat.

I meant using the pads themselves.... NOT the solution within them in the WP:o

smokum,
Reactions: ogcook

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
I bought a stainless steel tube & housing table top distiller years ago that off runs thru an active carbon sache. I originally purchased it to make my 15ppm colloidal silver, but found the distilled water comes in handy so often that it near runs all the time, lol.

I really should get around to upgrading to a larger unit.

You ought to check out this distiller. I have been using it for a few months now and it works great. It makes 1 gallon of water at a time. http://www.amazon.com/Water-Distill...id=1360515875&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=didtiller

Deadhead101,

smokum

Thks for the suggestion........ it's nearly the same as what I use, but a gallon takes close to 4-5 hrs and doesn't really meet my daily needs anymore.

Top Bottom