How to handle the inevitable dry spells

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I weighted the rest of my weed last night. Just over 2 ozs left (from a pound) and about 4-5 ozs of vapped weed. The vapped weed is going to be re-vapped in the PD when it arrives.It still has plenty of life left in it. When you buy a pound you tend to take a couple of hits and disgard for later. Later is approaching fast :ninja:

I might make up a 50/50 mix of fresh and vapped just to string it out a little bit. Do you think that will work, keep the taste up a bit?

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapor_cloud said:
Does that mean you have broken the dry spell stick?
Not really, unfortunately. I went two nights without anything and last night tried the E with the vapped stuff. It worked well, but I had to put a significant amount of kif on it. At that amount, I probaly only have enough kif for a week's worth of nightime hits. But that much kif after two clean days rocked me...still groggy this morning.

Interesting, though, is that staying clean for a couple of days made me really hyper to the point of stressing out. I thought I would be more productive, and I probably was a little, but the stress was crazy.

I wanted to try the E with the ground stuff, but it was too fine, so I just used the old stuff as a vehicle for kif.

My next stash arrival won't be until the end of August. Come to think of it, I better find a way to get some before then. I have a fantasy football draft then and we all get high and pick our guys. I usually function just fine and last year kicked all their asses. But if I show up having been clean for any amount of time, they will destroy me!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapor_cloud said:
I weighted the rest of my weed last night. Just over 2 ozs left (from a pound) and about 4-5 ozs of vapped weed. The vapped weed is going to be re-vapped in the PD when it arrives.It still has plenty of life left in it. When you buy a pound you tend to take a couple of hits and disgard for later. Later is approaching fast :ninja:

I might make up a 50/50 mix of fresh and vapped just to string it out a little bit. Do you think that will work, keep the taste up a bit?
Fuckin' A...I've never even seen a pound before. A three oz sack is the most I've seen and I was floored!

I think mixing it would be a great idea to stretch it out and wean yourself off the pure stuff...that is if you know you are going to run out otherwise. After my experience mixing kif with old stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to mix the new with the old for effect. Just do a little bit first to see how it goes.

stickstones,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
A pound does look good ... fits easily in a plastic supermarket bag. Was a first time for me buying that much but it was a good deal and I will do it again next year.

slickstones said:
Just do a little bit first to see how it goes.
Thats what I was thinking. Make a small 5 g mix first :cool:

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vapor_cloud said:
A pound does look good ... fits easily in a plastic supermarket bag...
You must have some big bags down under. :D

vapor_cloud said:

Just over 2 ozs left (from a pound) and about 4-5 ozs of vapped weed.
Did you vape everything? If so, then approximately 13.5 ounces (16-2.5) vaped ended up at 5 ounces or ~37%. I've been wanting to do a large scale test of that for a while. In small batches it usually ends up around 65% for me.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vtac said:
vapor_cloud said:

vapor_cloud said:
You must be vaping some big stuff up over!

stickstones,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
vtac said:
[
Did you vape everything? If so, then approximately 13.5 ounces (16-2.5) vaped ended up at 5 ounces or ~37%. I've been wanting to do a large scale test of that for a while. In small batches it usually ends up around 65% for me.
Yes everything is vapped. But I did move 3 zeez to friend and prolly gave another one away. I haven't weighted the vapped product just a guestimate of weight. Will weight and get back to ya ... but put it this way ... its a fucken lot of shit that didn't go into my lings!!!

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
haha lings :uhoh: bit baked this morning :brow:

There is just a shade under 5oz of vapped herb. This is not the sum total of a whole pounds worth of fresh product. Probably closer to 9 ozs I would say because I have already done a batch of cookies with 20grams of vapped weed and some did get discarded early when I considered it to have been fully vapped.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
I think the server had a hiccup or something. I'd fix the post but you already quoted me. :lol:

stickstones said:
I think the server had a hiccup or something. I'd fix the post but you already quoted me. :lol:

:p

vapor_cloud said:
Yes everything is vapped. But I did move 3 zeez to friend and prolly gave another one away. I haven't weighted the vapped product just a guestimate of weight. Will weight and get back to ya ... but put it this way ... its a fucken lot of shit that didn't go into my lings!!!
I was going to say... you'd have broken some record there for sure. :D

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I reckon I ended up with 13 zees ... which once completely gone should have lasted me and the wife 8 months. I'd like to think I could make a pound last a year but Im too much of a vap head for that :ko:

vaporcloud,

chocogray

I usually never have this prob, but I moved away from my trusted supply. How should I be storing it to ensure that it retains decent quality?

chocogray,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
yeah Stick's, i'm collecting the honey with a bit of time in warm oven@100c, it just lift's off beautifully and mmm, it's good with fresh green's. I think smoking vape remains would be piss poor man, Dry times maybe a reminder you need to extend your circle of trust , rather than lower your standards lol

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Just a response to you'r float tank coment Vtac,they are the sickest if your of the right frame of mind with or without drugs, I have tried a 1 Hour sess b4 a 2 hour Motorbike ride (rough old Bitch) and felt great right after the float and also after the ride, which would normally challenge me, I may buy one some day i would like too try with very select music and Pshychotropics, i'm researching Acacia a legal local :science: lol

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Although iv'e had not one single dry period since begining my illustrious career, and i do feel for those who have and pained for it. I am wanting too try other Psycoactive substances ,lsd & speed never cut it 4 me same with coke&smack, i am goin to try clary/sage leaves and i'll give you all a rap. The Mind is the frontier of interest to me.

Peace out :)

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
chocogray said:
I usually never have this prob, but I moved away from my trusted supply. How should I be storing it to ensure that it retains decent quality?
Mason jars are the best imo (keep 'em out of direct light and use one that's not too big), for extra long term storage you could put it in the freezer. Though, even super dry bud vapes just fine in my experience.

Cannabudz, you are one crazy Aussie. :D

Not a big fan of manmade substances either. Nature knows best. ;)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Party on, my brothers in herb! Got a surprise opportunity to get my hands on a little green ;)

Now for the last two weeks I've been REvaping nasty brown herb with a sprinkle of kif...thank god for kif :ko:

So tonight, on the cheapest regs I could find, I am there, baby! :ko::ko:

stickstones,

eLiguL

Have you considered being your own supplier?? :brow:

Not too difficult to find info on how to get started with the help of google.

eLiguL,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
it is a dream of mine someday to be self-sufficient!
Me too. In my version I have a gardener/housekeeper who tends the grow room and cleans the house. He/she works for free meals and a cut of the harvest. :lol:

max,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
max dude...I've got green thumbs, toes, kneecaps, eyeballs, and I think even my nose hairs are getting that emerald hue...:brow:

What I'm trying to say is I'd be more than happy to fill that role. However, my conditions must be met as well:

- seperate germinating, vegetative and flowering areas
- full environmental controls (including C02)
- the space to grow out at least two different strains simulatneously
- a proper drying/curing area
- access to your SSV :ninja:

I hope you like soil (or coir) as well, as I'm not big into any of this fancy 'ponics business myself. Leave that for the tomato farmers :p. Also, I'd have to be able to bring a long the rest of my plant/fungal collection...which might be more than what you're bargaining for. It would be REALLY perfect if you happened to live somewhere that I could throw my cacti collection outside...Canada's environment is super for lots of things, but the ability to support healty cacti is just not one of them (in my locality, at least).

I would gladly provide those services though, all conditions being met. I'd even sleep in the flowering room...just imagine breathing that sweet aroma all night long :o. I can clean too! Seriously man, you're talking about a dream job here...tend to plants, tidy the house, vape the spoils of all your hard work...sounds like a freaking plan to me. Wait, maybe it should be vape the goods THEN clean the house...that is the way it normally goes down, no? :lol:

Seriously though, it is sort of a dream of mine as well. Not to grow, but to be able to throw myself totally into growing. I was talking last night with some friends about Medical MJ Dispensaries, and what a rad job it would be to be the grower suppliying somewhere like that (although in many cases, especially in the US, the MJ still comes from illegal growers...moved through a middle-man), or even something similar on a smaller scale...growing for a small group of carded users who just choose not to grow themselves, something like that. World is always changing...lets hope some day soon this could actually be a feasible job for more people then just those with giant cajones. The fact that grown adults can't choose to grow a flowering plant in the privacy of their own home, especially one intended entirely for personal consumption, still blows me away...no matter how many times the reality of it slaps me in the face. Legalize nature, man! :rolleyes:

partially veiled,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
stickstones said:
eLiguL said:
Have you considered being your own supplier?? :brow:

Not too difficult to find info on how to get started with the help of google.
Um, yeah. Let's just say my thumb isn't green. Check this out...it gets pretty funny half way through:

http://www.rollitup.org/grow-journals/14672-stickstones-first-grow-ever-outdoors.html

Also, my current life situation coupled with the country I live in make it hard to do...but it is a dream of mine someday to be self-sufficient!
it's a wonderfull thing to create something, especially if it's gonna be a pleasing end experience, you don't need a fancy grow room or a big plot ,just transplanting some li'll seedlings in the odd discrete location can be a pretty simple thing, Just one here or there can have the sweet girl almost invisible with other plants around, Ive been right on top of one with out really seeing it b4, i'd love to find out how to get shit like white widow seeds here in oz, i'm allways up for rekindling old hobbies,& being self sufficient is a good thing. :D

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
partially veiled said:
max dude...I've got green thumbs, toes, kneecaps, eyeballs, and I think even my nose hairs are getting that emerald hue...:brow:

What I'm trying to say is I'd be more than happy to fill that role. However, my conditions must be met as well:

- seperate germinating, vegetative and flowering areas
- full environmental controls (including C02)
- the space to grow out at least two different strains simulatneously
- a proper drying/curing area
- access to your SSV :ninja:

I hope you like soil (or coir) as well, as I'm not big into any of this fancy 'ponics business myself. Leave that for the tomato farmers :p. Also, I'd have to be able to bring a long the rest of my plant/fungal collection...which might be more than what you're bargaining for. It would be REALLY perfect if you happened to live somewhere that I could throw my cacti collection outside...Canada's environment is super for lots of things, but the ability to support healty cacti is just not one of them (in my locality, at least).

I would gladly provide those services though, all conditions being met. I'd even sleep in the flowering room...just imagine breathing that sweet aroma all night long :o. I can clean too! Seriously man, you're talking about a dream job here...tend to plants, tidy the house, vape the spoils of all your hard work...sounds like a freaking plan to me. Wait, maybe it should be vape the goods THEN clean the house...that is the way it normally goes down, no? :lol:

Seriously though, it is sort of a dream of mine as well. Not to grow, but to be able to throw myself totally into growing. I was talking last night with some friends about Medical MJ Dispensaries, and what a rad job it would be to be the grower suppliying somewhere like that (although in many cases, especially in the US, the MJ still comes from illegal growers...moved through a middle-man), or even something similar on a smaller scale...growing for a small group of carded users who just choose not to grow themselves, something like that. World is always changing...lets hope some day soon this could actually be a feasible job for more people then just those with giant cajones. The fact that grown adults can't choose to grow a flowering plant in the privacy of their own home, especially one intended entirely for personal consumption, still blows me away...no matter how many times the reality of it slaps me in the face. Legalize nature, man! :rolleyes:
Someone knows his stuff. :brow:

Yes, it's mind boggling how growing a plant (proven safe since recorded history) is prohibited. Can't figure out how we as a society have let this happen for so long. Alcohol, guns, dangerous man made pharmaceuticals? No problem! Hell, most of the over the counter stuff will kill you if you chug the bottle. Damnit, you got me ranting again. :lol:

max, take this guy in, quick! But did you mention the french maid outfit? :D

vtac,
Top Bottom