How to handle the inevitable dry spells

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
PV...I secretly always enjoy your posts. We've never really met, but you are an eliquent man.

I totally agree with you about saving. This time of year I always have a "hurricane stash" for obvious reasons in Florida. I'm recently hooked on vapor, but only after buying a poor vape. Therefor I've been a bit stingy with my buying of smoke to save for my PD. The hurricane(s) came close (Fay, Gustov, and Ike), so everyone bought and bought and bought. Then like I said earlier...BIG bust. Over a ton of high grade reefer! So times are tough around here and I've learned my lesson. I'm buying extra like you've suggested, and I've got goods coming in from your country too :D just for my PD.

We're just playing around with natural alternatives that are legal to use in maybe unexpected times and trying times fiscally. Totally will keep a bigger "hurricane stash" from now on that is for sure. :)

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I've tried putting stuff away for later but my personality wont allow it :lol: Unless I forget where I stashed it ... which does happen now and then :brow: I will want to check out the stash ... and dry times for me are often forced more than anything.

I can get bud pretty much 365 days a year if I really want, its just 2 months of that 365 days you have to dig a bit which often means rubbing shoulders with some pretty unsavoury people. Its those times I'd rather vape some SG or Dream Herb and wait for the feast which is often nonly around the corner :lol:

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I have the same personality vaporcloud, but I'm in the process of change. Trying to smoke less, and use less. I'm getting a month at a time, and I'm usually out 3 or 4 days before I reup. Mainly this is due to my practices of I see a pile and feast, then as the pile shrinks I famine. Workin on that with the new batch to arrive.

My hurricane stashes are always left alone...until the threats away. Then my office becomes a small smoke/coffee house where I am king... :lol: Well I've got the email saying the SD has been shipped this morning, so since it is located in Florida (I think?) it should be here right quick.

BTW Acolyte of Zinglon...I actually look to your threads for technical advise. You are a smart person in your own right. I really like the core of this site. Truely a good bunch of people. I'll be moving close to California in April. Looking from Seattle to San Fran, and anywhere inbetween. If it is Cali...Med Card here I come. I wish Florida would jump on the Med MJ boat. I'd be able to get proper medicine instead of pills. I HATE PILLS!

Later,

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
maybe we can meet someday in golden gate park when i get a car ;) i love the bay area, but i live in the crappy central valley, i would love to move somewhere in the east bay, but i gotta get through with my education :/

thanks for your compliment, i have a lot of free time on my hands and i like to spend it gathering knowledge, i love reading about whatever interests me, and i read until i can speak of something as if i have experienced it and actually sound like i know what im saying :lol:

im a compulsive collector, and knowledge is something i can collect without cluttering up my room or my hard drive ;)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Yep. I'd be happy to meet anyone that is the core of this community. I'm a 3D artist myself, and as I'm sure you know...San Fran is the "meca" of 3D. Also I'm trying to break into video game production, so Seattle is looking promising. I've been talking to Pam and Tom from Purple Days, and Oregon seems beautiful as well.

I just want to be in the Nortwest really. I'm not a Florida person, and I've been here for 21 years. Finally time to move on. I'm not a big fan of 98F heat for 5 months, and I LOVE cold/rainy days. My wife is from Ireland, so that is what she grew up with. Sun is not good to the Irish. I'm sure you'll feel like moving on after finishing your education, but I feel your area is some of the most beautiful in the U.S.A.

DigitalDavinci,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
and i read until i can speak of something as if i have experienced it and actually sound like i know what im saying :lol:
That's quite a gift...and if memory serves me correctly, you still do not have a vaporizer, right? Funny that you have been as much help as you have without having a vap!

stickstones,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i wont be getting my med card till mid november-early december, the reason being is thats my next appointment with my psychiatrist and im going to try to get her to right my recc before actually going to a 215 doctor, i have a lot of patience and self control

if she doesnt right the recc, im going to have her sign a paper with her contact info verifying that my conditions are legit, that will make it much easier to get a recc from a 215 doc

then after i get my card ill get a quarter from a dispensary and combust a little while i wait for a vaporgenie and an alcohol lamp to arrive, and ill also order some seeds so i can become self reliant because i cant really afford to keep buying every month on a student budget (assuming i dont find a job, which its likely i wont)

hehe im also a compulsive planner, i dont like to leave anything to chance :lol:
im glad i actually have been helpful, and that is no small compliment to me, its what i strive to be

Acolyte of Zinglon,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Wow. I understand pretty much nothing of the marijuana laws of your state. My state was one of the first to agree to outlaw marijuana in America, and continues it's blind hatered towards pot smokers. Along with most states still. I don't know the process of having to get a med card, or the expense. I know it would definetly help in dry times. There just would be any. :p I dream of being able to grow my own.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
well in california, you can get a card for any condition marijuana helps with. thats whats written right into the law
any doctor that can prescribe medication can write a reccomendation, but most are afraid to, even though their rights to reccomment medical marijuana (reccomend not prescribe) is protected by the first amendment

with most doctors that do reccomendations, thats one of the few, if not the only thing they do, basically yu contact them, make an appointment, bring your relevant info (a note from your real doctor is pretty much a gurantee) pay your fee, and depending if the doctor thinks your bullshitting or if they care, youll get a note saying that you can have medical marijuana

at that point you walk into a despensary, they verify your reccomendation, and they let you in and you get to gawk at their ounces and opunces of weed on the shelves

you can also grow your own, its a good idea to have a copy of your reccommendation over your grow area, and you need to carry your reccommendation anytime youre holdingjust incase leos decide to hassle you, there is a law that limits the amount of plants to 6 mature 12 immature but depending on where you live it will be more.... i dont even plan on following those limits because they were designed for regular strains and ill be growing autoflowers which are much smaller and yeild about 1/2-1 oz each, as long as im not growing pounds and pounds and distributing it it wont be a problem

now recently there is a bill that has passed through the house and the senate here in cali that will prevent employers from discriminating against med marijuana patients because they fail the drug screening for thc, that bill is currently waiting to be signed by the governer, and hes being really lazy about it.... it would make life so much easier for those who choose natural medicine over the pharmeceuticals

Acolyte of Zinglon,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Wow AoZ. Thanks for the info. I didn't think it was as easy as I'd heard, and you prooved my thoughts correct. I have sever Panic/Anxiety Disorder, and have already been diagnosed by a Psych. I might not have too much of a problem when I move getting a med card. Ah this may be a bit too off topic. Maybe a good idea for a new med mj thread? Just don't want to piss any one off. You know how it is.

Thanks again though. You'll be the person to talk to when I move.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
OK. Packin' the bowl with the spice diamond right now. Will let ya'll know if it works. I'm kind of excited.

First report is the look and smell. As warned before...it smells like vanilla. A lot like a vanilla cigar. It is ground to the consistancy one would normally vape bud at. It is more moist than MJ, so I can imagine a higher temp would be needed whenvaping. Since I' smoking...off I go.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
you're not vaping that stuff? We need to get you a Genie!

So you don't need a grinder, eh?

stickstones,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Well after a few hits...

The taste to me is much to be desired. Imagine the dirt weed of the middle school days, mixed with cheap tabacco.

The buzz is VERY head intense at first. I have to think about every keystroke right now. The buzz reminds me of smoking a cigarette for the first couple of times.

It has made me a bit quezzy, but I think that is the perfume-like aroma off the burning bud. It is marketed as incense, and it tastes/smells like incense. IT does work on the other hand. I could see mixing the reals and the legals together to bulk up your stash. Also I can see the MJ will help cover up the taste, but at more cost than real bud...I don't see that happening I'll save some for Friday when I reup, and mix it then with hydros. See if it helps. The thread is how to get by...this is a viable alternative IMO. A 1/8 oz hydros by my self a week kind of smoker.

My inital opinion is it works, but make sure to have an acidic drink close by (lemonade). It will cleanse the palate quickly, and man will you need it. Unless you smoke cloves. Then you may like this. Well off to dinner. See how long it lasts. The last varible to me.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
You don't need a grinder sickstones. It is alraedt in a ground state. No bud. Basically what I said earlier stands. You do get high, and if you like cloves...this is for you. It doesn't taste like cloves (maybe a hint), but reminds me of the smoking experiance of smoking cloves.

So I have a good buzz still going. It went from a bit too intense head high...Almost dizzying.

It then went to a body high, but the upset stomach continued for me. I do have a very sensative stomach, so this my be an indavidual experiance.

This will go into the box, and stay. Only if an emergency arises will I hit that stuff again. Not for me, but once again...it does work. I am high. I'll hold off until I get my batch on Friday. Good to see there is a natural alternative. Guess not every herb can be as sexy, perfect, and beautiful as MaryJane. :/

Well I'm going to go make my self a double knob creek on the rocks, and chill. Have a stiff drink to help the insomnia. This is my first dry spell in many years. Thank goodness it is only for a week.

Later,

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
no vape & no bud makes Homer...go something

GO CRAZY????

Don't mind if I doooooo... :lol:

Sorry...I'm a simpsons nut. :p

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Thanks for the report DD. I have only tried Spice Gold not the new Diamond version ... and they are saying SD has more of a head high ... doesn't sound that pleasant though.

It took me 3 sessions to get use to SG and I enjoyed it alot more then. I have a cast iron constitution so have never suffered the upset stomach but the taste is shit and the vanilla over powering but again i got use to it ... but never enjoyed the taste. I'm about 3 weeks away from needing to scope out some more bud but I'm hopeful this wont be a problem. I have a an unopened 3g bag of SG to bridge any gap that may open up! :D

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Perfect vaporcloud. That is exactly what I'd use it for. I hope you won't have to use it, but it's nice to know it works. Wonder if there is an extreact you can add to make it taste better? Who knows...

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I have read about people doing extracts of SG with great success. Even baking with it seems to work but alittle inaccurate. I found vapping it worked well ... but it needed a little higher temp and the hits were thin. But hey ... it aint MJ :lol:

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
That's what whom ever (and myself) needs to remeber when usin SD. It isn't MJ, but just a way to get a similar high...and get by

DigitalDavinci,
partially veiled said:
The fact that grown adults can't choose to grow a flowering plant in the privacy of their own home, especially one intended entirely for personal consumption, still blows me away...no matter how many times the reality of it slaps me in the face. Legalize nature, man! :rolleyes:
Word.

"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural?" - Bill Hicks

Medivape,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
A little off topic, but here goes...

I saw a fantastic series on the history channel that chronicled the war on drugs...I saw the ones for cocaine and weed.

The two main reasons that I remember for the outlawing of weed were:
1) the cotton industry was pushing hard for it because they were threatened by the possibilities of hemp, as a new hemp harvesting machine had just been invented that would seriously challenge cotton for industry supremacy. This is where a significant amount of the $$ came from to campaign against mj.
2) the depression hit and, since we no longer needed the mexicans for construction, we got tired of them hanging out and growing weed. I shit you not on this one -- discrimination was the accepted norm back then.

The government went so far as to call it 'marijuana' in its propoganda literature (that was the mexican name for it...until then americans called it 'hemp'). This accomplished two things. First, it associated it with the mexicans and, second, it kept the farmers in the dark because they would have never voted against outlawing hemp (it was a good crop for them to produce)...but marijuana, hey, that's the devil's weed from mexico.

Hysteria was drummed up against cocaine by propogating the lies that blacks loved it and it made them rape white women.

We live in a world where what we have always known is the norm, without questioning the origins of the practices. I can't believe how much $$ we spend as a country and how many socially productive people we lock up because of laws that have their origins in blatant racism from almost 100 years ago.

stickstones,
Top Bottom