How to handle the inevitable dry spells

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Wow stickstones...you didn't need to watch the "Grass" movie I suggested to you a long time ago. The series you watched had all the inforamation plus! "Grass" with Woody Herrelson is a great documentry, but you have been enlightened by the better of the two sources for info. The history channel documentries were amazing, and very informative. More of a unbiased opinion, than a legalize it movie like "Grass" was.

Hope we can catch a collective break from opression. I personally don't feel the natural arguement will get you very far. Moonshine, opium, cocao, and many others are natural. They all can be used with little or no refining, and they all can kill you. We as a weed nation need to come up with arguements that can't be comprehended logiaclly by the establishment. For instance the stand DEA had on legal medical MJ. They aregued an individual can get cancer still from smoking pot, so which is the better of two evils. Now there is a vape study saying all but 1 toxin is taken out of MJ by vapeing with a valcano. Those kind of clinical arguments will be the only way the masses will listen to reason. I don't agree with that way of thinking, but the best way to get a large amount of people with thier collective heads in the sand to listen to us...is to cater to their ignorance. :2c:

NOW back to topic....I still ain't got any. I'M GOING CRAZY. It's been 8 days! AHHHHHHHH! I think I'll hit the SD tonight to chill a bit. A little panic filled lately with the withdraws, and anxeity to boot. Not good for someone who has severe panic/anxiety disorder. It seems to be getting worse as the days go on. Man I hope I can find something by Saturday when my PD shows up. I wish I could use MJ legally. Cali here I come!

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I personally don't feel the natural arguement will get you very far. Moonshine, opium, cocao, and many others are natural. They all can be used with little or no refining, and they all can kill you
I think it's a fantastic argument. Airtight. Just not open for debate. :\

Medivape said:
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural?" - Bill Hicks
:tup:

Moonshine, opium and cocaine aren't naturally occurring plants. The "can kill you" bit is laughable when you think about it. 2nd amendment, etc.

Anyway, I hope you find something soon, DD! Feel for ya. :(

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'm down to a few days of ABV from my pound I bought at the beginning of the year. I now regret selling 4 zees to help reduce the cost, Knew it would come back to bite me around this time of year.

I have most of a 3g sack of SG and 2 grams of Dream left I tried the SG the other day and it was like a big fat leaf comedown buzz. :rolleyes: I needed to vape close to a gram of ABV to get back up. The dream herb however goes quite nicely with the duff adding some euphoria.

I hope you find something soon DD ... I'll be scouting for a fresh score next week too.

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
IMO and wayyyy off the subject but...:

I think the natural arguement is the right one personally. What I'm trying to convey (poorly might I add) that the ignorant masses won't listen to the age old arguement " It is natural so how can you make it illegal". We need to get science, theories, and experiments funded by the government to get the masses to listen.

Sitting in front of a podium and saying it should be allowed to consume MJ because the gods put it there won't get the right poloitical parties to listen. YES, we do need to cater to the right parties to get it legalized. It is polotics after all.

Protests, sit-in's, marches, patitions, and rally's are all well and good, but it won't do a thing. All the non-user masses will see is a bunch of stoners that won't amount to anything. We need to debunkt the myths, legends, and sterotypes before we can count on smoking without persicution.

BTW...I'm a very open person to debates...just in the appropriate thread. :D I don't think I've ever been closed minded here, but if I was I'm sure someone would set me straight. You are far too diplomatic vtac. :p

I personally am all for legalizing all drugs, allowing assisted suicides, and starting up the old roman ways of group orgies, but I'm trying to look at the issue from a legitimate way of getting ourselves heard. :brow:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
vaporcloud. I'm going to smoke the left over duff I have from the crap vape I had, and use the rest of my SD mixed. Since you suggested it. Maybe it will take the edge off. Hate smoking that duff though. Tastes like shit.

I have a million words out. Thanks for the advise, and ecouragment guys. There will be vape to be had come hell or high water. lol

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Thru my box vape the duff isn't too bad. Gets a bit of a charred taste if I push it too far ... so I normally just take 2 hits from a bowl and blow it into the trash. But if I have time I'll sit down with my PD and take a single duff hit per bowl and there is no taste to speak of, maybe even just a small taste of some dust so its not bad at all. Ten of those tiny bowls and I'm 'right for fighting'. :lol: The blends thankfully dont work in the PD as they need a higher temp than MJ. But I am hanging for those tasty PD hits of old. That little guy just brings out the flavour! :D

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DIGITALDAVINCI said:
vaporcloud. I'm going to smoke the left over duff I have from the crap vape I had, and use the rest of my SD mixed. Since you suggested it. Maybe it will take the edge off. Hate smoking that duff though. Tastes like shit.
Yupyup...get ready for some assmouth taste.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DIGITALDAVINCI said:
IMO and wayyyy off the subject but...:
I personally am all for legalizing all drugs, allowing assisted suicides, and starting up the old roman ways of group orgies, DD
Somebody wake me up when DD is running the country!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
I'll always vote for orgies. :lol: As for drugs, I think most prescription drugs should be illegal. :/

"...the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported that drug overdoses killed 33,000 people in 2005 -- second only to car accidents in the category of accidental deaths -- up from 20,000 in 1999, and 10,000 in 1990. Contrary to popular belief, this major increase in drug overdoses is not due to a heroin or crack epidemic. These deaths are largely due to prescription drugs.

In addition to accidental prescription drug overdoses, an estimated 106,000 hospitalized patients die each year from drugs that, by medical standards, are properly prescribed and properly administered!"
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...-recommendations-are-disasters.aspx?source=nl

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Stickstones...you were right man. I got high as a kite in a hurricane, but damn I can still taste it.

Eitherway...anxiety/panic attacks are less now thank goodness. I also got a new "buddy" and we're going to see product on Friday. Just before I get the PD. I knew the cannabis gods wouldn't let me down. :)

I hope I didn't come off rude to you vtac...I read my posts this morning and realized I may have come off brash. That was not my intention, but to create a stimulating debate. All be it once again in the wrong thread, and in the wrong mannor. I think I shall start a "leaglize it" thread and stop cluttering this one if I want to read others comments on the subject. This is the last you'll hear from me on the subject.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Max...that is scary man. :disgust: I have to take pills for my condition, and now I worry what they are actually doing to my mind/body.

Personal story...My wife use to take allergy medice, which she never had alergies in Ireland...only here in the US. After she stoped taking her meds she felt worse then originally (pre-med). Made her wonder is her body now relying on the drugs for a coping mechanism instead of creating it's own anti-hisamines. In effect making her body lazy. Now she is better, and by changing her environment...she doesn't need meds. I was dietbetic, had high cholestorol, and was enemic. All the docs wanted to put me on a variety of meds. I said no, and worked on my body. 60 lbs later I have none of the diseases, and no meds were used. People are too quick to find an easy fix. Now it is just the panic meds I'm on. I tried going off of those, but ended up in the hospitol in 2 days after. My goal is to be chemical free in a year. Minus the THC of course :p. Thanks for the article max.

DD

To help stay on topic...I got a nice nugget form a friend today as a suprise gesture. (I gave him all but one of my old smoking devices, and supplies...about 500 USD worth) Now I'm happy, and I get a half day today! Just if I could speed up time to get my PD today. Ah the anticipation is half the fun. I'm really looking forward to this weekend with her.

Also the duff didn't tase as bad if you add the SD. It really helps both mellow the taste out. Still tastes like shit though. I would reccomend picking up 3 grms of SD. Then when your out...mix the duff and legals. Vaporcloud was right. It takes the edge off nicely.

Later

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I hope I didn't come off rude to you vtac...I read my posts this morning and realized I may have come off brash. That was not my intention, but to create a stimulating debate. All be it once again in the wrong thread, and in the wrong mannor. I think I shall start a "leaglize it" thread and stop cluttering this one if I want to read others comments on the subject. This is the last you'll hear from me on the subject.
To be honest I had to read over your posts again and even now I still don't think you were rude. Tell me to go fuck myself, I don't care. Might even like it. :D Stimulating debate is always welcome here. This is stickstones' thread so he can tell us to get back on topic if he wants. :)

I got a nice nugget form a friend today as a suprise gesture.
:party:

vtac,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
a very noble goal dd

ive been on antidepressants since i was 8, and had tryed many times to get off of them only to succumb to the withdrawl symptoms (worse shit ever)
i started smoking weed a couple weeks after my 17th birthday and quickly found that even if i just smoked on the weekend i wa a much more laid back person, my mind wouldnt run out from under me as it often does, and my social anxiety near disappeared then i would blaze up next friday night... it gave me motivation to do my schoolwork like i never had before and it left me refreshed and ready for the grind the next week
i was amazed at how such a supposedly "dangerous" drug provided so much help for me... it helped for every condition that the the bullshit pharmaceuticals did and it did it WAY better and with no side effects (except a much better mood and brighter outlook)

i finlly managed to get off the antidepressants this may, unfortunately, that was just after my parents had found my weed, so i didnt have much help except my own willpower, but it was completely worth it because now i can FEEL my emotions rather than being numbed to them
the antidepressants had only made me numb to the huge festering pit of hatred in my soul, and dealing with that was probably the hardest part of getting off of them, they had kept me numb to it for so long that i had no idea of how to deal with it

its rather sad that i was intimately familiar with the cycle of drug addiction before i was even 18...

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well, I'm the one who got it off topic, so...sorry.

We should definitely start a legal issues thread. Go for it, DD!

stickstones,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Ok vtac. Just wanted to be sure. I'm new here and don't want to step on anyones toes. I'm still rather new to forums as well, so I'm not too sure standard protocol for these things. I guess I need to chill. :rolleyes: The bud has helped that. :p Off work now, and sitting at my comp with a smile again enjoying a tad of my gift. Feels good to be back to norm. ;)

AoZ...Your story is inspirational. Since I use pot as well as Klonopin, then I have a double crutch. I feel often I could get by with just the bud, but then the "serious" attacks happen. I'm not going to dive too deep, but after 17 years of continous use of MJ and 5 years of the Klonopin...I have to learn to live without both for a while. Only after I break the cycle of dependency can I go back to MJ without needing her, but enjoying her.

Thanks,

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Damn Spiral, so you have so much "stuff" in your whip that you can pull hits with no bud! :o Well thats one way to clean your wand. :D Probally tastes better than spice diamond too. Looks like you've got a bit of herb in the bottom of your box vape too. Cool vape though. Simualr design as my old vape without the plastic, and better quality. Bet you it looks nice with the PD, holder, and billybowl sitting next to it. :cool:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My sister gave me one of her old pipes years ago. I called it the magic pipe because it had been used so much that I could hit it with no bud and get resin hits. The resin had accumulated in the chamber below the bowl and all I had to do was aim the flame into the hole at the bottom of the bowl.

I never thought you could do this with a vaporizer, too!

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Oh.... you can. Trust me. All I am doing is turning it up to 3'oclock. This is a vapor warez vapor cannon btw. and taking fast and thick hits. I've been puffing on it since I got off work, plus a few beers, and right about now I am fizaded. Yes it is 'resin hitting' a vapor wand. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vaporcloud said:
stickstones said:
That's fucked up vtac! It's funny, I only vape at night, so when I am out it is very difficult to get a good night's sleep for about a week.
Thats pretty common IMO. MJ definitly helps me sleep deeply and without it my nights can be spend trying to get to or back to sleep. Of course then when I do score I get that fucked up I can't sleep the first night coz I'm too high :brow:
Same here - it doesn't even occur to me to vape til night or late night.

jeffp,

steiner666

Serial vapist
lol glad i found this thread. i can really relate... well, kinda. In the ~6months since i totally switched to vaping i've been fortunate enough to have never been OUT out. There have been times when I've had to stretch a small amount (say a gram) over the course of a couple days, but it's been much easier to do than it ever was w/ smoking.

With smoking, once you smoke it - it's gone! Sure, ppl try scraping the tar out of their pipes and calling it resin, but that's more placebo than anything in its effectiveness, IMO.

First off, I'm 100% vapor, and would rather inhale plain air than smoke. I mean, if i was OUT and someone else had a wad of really good hash that they refused to do anything with but burn, I'd get in on it sure, but I'd never smoke ABV, since avoiding smoke was the main thing that lead me to vaporization (the better taste/effectiveness and all that was incidental).

When i start getting low on fresh green, I bust out the bags of ABV. Sometimes, when times are good and i have more than enough, I'm just lazy and dump a bowl before i've squeeze every last bit of vapor out of it. I grind stuff down real fine, hook up the bong and re-vape a couple bowls of the brown powder along with a bit of fresh green and i feel pretty good! Of course i dont throw the stuff out even after vaping it a second time, so some rainy day i'll be able to use my bag of fully vaped ABV for something (goldendragon or edibles).

Of course, theres always the wandhash, but that's not something i "resort" to, it's something i greatly anticipate! so i harvest it as soon as it looks like theres enough and would choose to vape it over herb any day lol.

I've also been surprised with how many decent tasting hits you can get out of an empty wand! i remember I got baked 2 different times off of 1 clogged DBV screen. I'm not sure what i did back then to make it get so clogged, but it hasnt happened again. It might have been before i started vaping hash on top of a layer of herb. I've also started clearing the screen daily and blowing it out between bowls, my screen still looks brand new and its been in the wand for a month or so.

I will say, I, like the OP, have never really gotten much of anything out of edibles.

steiner666,

AgentGraves007

this thread has been really fun to read, thanks DD, vaporcloud, sticks, Spiral and the other contributers! there are torrents on PB for both Grass and what i believe is the History Channel special that was referenced here. The latter has very few seeds, but hopefully it will download eventually.

Vaporcloud, when you have all that extra for storage, do you just use mason jars? or something else? i've got a nice glass jar from Ikea (that place is the bomb!) that has a rubbery plastic lip and also a wire clamp thing you pull down to lock it. that should be good right? is there any disadvantage to leaving it in a baggy while in the jar? also, if the nugs are in the jar with no baggy, is there a way to get the crystals that fall off? I'm gonna pick up a mortar + pestle b/c my grinder doesn't produce a powder, and when i finally try to vape some AVB i'll want that.

Does anyone know if the Spice Gold is still the same? I checked out their site and they have what looks like "improved" versions of both SG and SD.

happy tokin'

AgentGraves007,

hereatlast

I think mason jars are the way to go personally. I know a few people that use 420 Jars or whatever and that just seems overkill unless they're free or art. As long its airtight the job should be accomplished.

Those Ikea jars should be fine, the rubber lip shouldn't let air in and out. If you've got Spaghetti sauce/jam/pesto whatever in a glass jar I personally wouldn't spend any extra money.

I used to keep my bud in a baggy inside of a jar and I found I was left with more shake than just putting nugs straight in the jar; I think it had to do with the fact that the bud was being handled/moved more to take it out the jar, out of the bag, back in the bag, back in the jar.

I personally like jars with walls that go straight down because its easier to get my hand in there to grab bud and clean out those crystals. I've got a toothbrush I use to clean my grinder (brushing the screen really helps) and my glass jars.

hereatlast,
Top Bottom