Herborizer corner

DMac

For anyone who has used the Herborizer bowl and heating element with a custom GonG bong:

In both models of the Herborizer, the heating element sits at a perfect 90 degree angle. This is because the tube is a stemless and the sphere receives the bowl at the top. However, in many GonG bongs (including the ones that I own), the joint is at an angle.

Has anyone who has used the Herborizer in a custom GonG bong had any issues with the angle of the joint and the weight of the heating element? I like the idea of the hands-free Herborizer, but I don't want my unit to tip.

DMac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
These are both from this thread. Really would depend on your bong and how stable it is.

IMG_1044.jpg

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
the small pic is mine and i can say that you get the best stability with the sphere but if the Gong tube feet is wide no problem with the overbalacing,,,,

marcuss,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Quick update from Sbastien, in less then a month Herborizer will begin selling standalone 'universal injectors' in 18 and 14mm sizes that can be used with any GonG setups of the same size.

Basic injector (maintains 190C) - 159 Euros
XL injector with temperature control - 228 Euros

:cool:

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
vtac said:
Quick update from Sbastien, in less then a month Herborizer will begin selling standalone 'universal injectors' in 18 and 14mm sizes that can be used with any GonG setups of the same size.

Basic injector (maintains 190C) - 159 Euros
XL injector with temperature control - 228 Euros

:cool:
:o

Me wants!!!!!!!

So the Basic Injector maintains one 'sweet spot'.... hmm, I wonder how well it works.

SpiralArchitect,

marcuss

above the clouds
jcw919 said:
maybe we can get a vhw-herborizer comparison when the injectors come out
you can do a comparision right now as the injector will be the same but with a universal size for any kind of bong...you just need a herbo and a vhw!

marcuss,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
you can do a comparision right now as the injector will be the same but with a universal size for any kind of bong...you just need a herbo and a vhw!
Marcus, what does he mean by UNIVERSAL? My current injector works with any 18.8 gong waterpipe right now, is the injector universal or the bowl that it works with?

stonemonkey55,

DMac

I've been exchanging emails with Sebastian. The injector fits into the bowl, which currently fits 18 mm joints but will soon be offered in both 18 and 14 mm varieties.

most GonG bongs have separate diffusers or downstems. typically the water pipe itself has an 18 mm joint. the diffuser/downstem fits into this joint and is sized to receive either 18 or 14 mm bowls. so if you have a bong w' a downstem that takes 14 mm bowls, but you have an 18 mm slide piece (like the current model herborizer), you need only buy a new diffuser/downstem with an 18 mm female joint. this is of course faaaar cheaper than getting a new bong.

therefore, as long as you have a diffuser/downstem that matches your herborizer size, you should be able to use the herborizer with any GonG bong.

note: the exceptions for the separate diffuser/downstem system are stemless bongs (like the herborizer tube) and stylistically unique units (like the herborizer spehere). ex: a 14mm herbo bowl would be incompatible with an 18mm herbo tube, because there is no ability to switch a diffuser.

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Right on, thanks for the skinny on that DMac.

So if you got the 'regular unit', can you get a temp control later on? Basically I'm asking if the temp control is modular.

marcuss

above the clouds
Yes DMac well done....what i was trying to explain to jcw919 is that the injector will be the same but with differents joint sizes to match your bong....so you don't need to wait for a comparision....you can do it right now, you just need a herbo and a vhw on the same table!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
SpiralArchitect said:

So if you got the 'regular unit', can you get a temp control later on? Basically I'm asking if the temp control is modular.
He has not sold the temp control as a separate item to this point. I can't remember if there's a reason why you can't buy the fixed temp unit and add the temp control later.

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
max said:
SpiralArchitect said:

He has not sold the temp control as a separate item to this point. I can't remember if there's a reason why you can't buy the fixed temp unit and add the temp control later.
im pretty sure the reason was because the xl injector had a higher max temp, to give a greater range with the control, while the regular had a lower fixed temp

marcuss

above the clouds
SpiralArchitect said:

i've got the two units and i can confirm that you can use the temp knob with the regular sphere injector and it works perfectly....anyway i made this exact question to Sebastien and i'm waiting for the reply...

marcuss

above the clouds
Salut Marco, If you to use a standard injector with the variateur XL, that will not do damages but the injector will not be sufficiently hot, it is necessary a heating more powerful element. We will not have any new injectors. ..simply, will propose ourselves systems with joints of 18 or 14 on the bowl.B.Regards
Seb

Here the reply to our questions!

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Trying to decipher this.... so if you add the temp control to the 'standard', it will not become sufficnetly hot, because it's a larger heating element?

Thanks for getting back to us marcuss. This is all very interesting. The Herbo has had great appeal to me, being all GONG. Very classy unit. :cool:

420Downunder

The "standard" is a lower wattage so isn't capable of as high a temp as the XL version which has a higher wattage element, while the temp control can be used with the standard version it won't get as hot as without it.

420Downunder,

marcuss

above the clouds
errata corrige....those pics are from the last Hightimes Cannabis Cup and the guy holding the sphere is Rabia from DNA Genetics....too much fog sometimes :ko:

marcuss,
Top Bottom