Herborizer corner

420Downunder

I was going to mention FC in the email but I decided not to for a couple of reasons, it could come across as a threat especially to someone who isn't fluent in English but mainly I want to see how he'd treat someone "off the street" as such a bit like a mystery shopper ;)

420Downunder,

420Downunder

I'm not really worried, he came across as a pretty decent guy, even tossed in a free stand for the element when I ordered a replacement bowl after a cleaning accident (broke the handle off but was still usable and is now a spare) and was quite apologetic about the nutty French postage cost lol.

420Downunder,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
420Downunder - I was going to mention FC in the email but I decided not to for a couple of reasons, it could come across as a threat especially to someone who isn't fluent in English but mainly I want to see how he'd treat someone "off the street" as such a bit like a mystery shopper ;)
Both of your reasons make sense to me. If anything, I'd probably approach it like I was asking his permission to post his reply along with the e-mail sent on a site on which you have been sharing your awesome adventures with the Herborizer (or something like that ;) ). Your secret-shopper mission OTOH is just your prerogative (and very commendable IMO).
Max - Don't worry 420. Seb will do right by you. And in case anyone's wondering, he's well aware of FC.
Any chance of him (or a representative) to make a presence here on FC (possibly the hot brunette from the cup in A'dam--JK :lol:...she was quite eloquent though :brow: ).

max

Out to lunch
Any chance of him (or a representative) to make a presence here on FC
I invited him a while back. Told him we had a couple of other manufacturers represented (Tom and I-inhale). He's not interested in posting. He's busy (like Tom, his vapes are hand made and in demand) and doesn't feel comfortable with his English. The hot brunette sounds good though. We will require some hot pics. Just for ID purposes of course. :drool:

just a short out of topic
marcuss> somewhere else i found you're using your extreme here in europe.
is it 220V unit? or using a converter?

got it..
http://www.arizer.com/node/49
Q: Will it work on 110/220V?
A: Yes, the power supply works on both 110/220V for worldwide use.

i wasn't sure, i thought they make 110V units only..

i'm doing some research for me, i want to buy a decent convection vap, after spending some time with 2 conduction units, i think they're poor performers.
even if i manage to keep the temperature right, i need to use too much material, compared to smoking. i'm sure a lot of potency gets lost somewhere. damaged or unextracted, i don't know.

i like glass designs, such as herbo, verdamper, aromed etc.
but i can imagine having a good time with extreme as well , we'll see..

420Downunder

Got an email back today from Seb asking if I always have a problem with my Herborizer. I think he was asking if it was faulty from the start, I replied but can't see the point in the question as it's faulty now and not even 3 months old. I'm hoping he's not trying to get out of replacing it under warranty (unfortunately in my dealings with other companies I've come to learn that warranties mean fuck all when it comes time to claim).

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
420Downunder wrote: Got an email back today from Seb asking if I always have a problem with my Herborizer. I think he was asking if it was faulty from the start, I replied but can't see the point in the question as it's faulty now and not even 3 months old. I'm hoping he's not trying to get out of replacing it under warranty (unfortunately in my dealings with other companies I've come to learn that warranties mean fuck all when it comes time to claim).
Hey, 420D, hopefully all will be cool in both of your eyes (Seb and you). I actually spoke to my two friends who have Herborizers. One is a long-time owner with 3 subsequent part orders (including one replacement for a crushed heating unit :uhoh:) The other has had his unit for almost 6 months with no problems (and was referred to Seb by the first owner). However, neither of the owners have experienced the problem you have had with your unit--sorry :( . Both of them have said that they have been treated fairly and the long-time owner said exceptionally due to a free temp control upgrade/swap merely out of kindness).

My :2c: would be to try to remain calm and be polite, yet also be straight-foreword, clear, and assertive (hopefully Seb was just clarifying details so he can best ensure that you're treated fairly--may even ask if it was ever yanked, etc. :shrug:). Maybe even add something like "Since you seem to be taking my claim so seriously (like I hear you do, Seb) I would like to tell all of the vaporists I know online about my experience (as long as you don't mind, of course--please let me know)...secret shopper may be out anyhow if Max is right about Sebastian's awareness of FC. :brow:

Again hope all works out well with your herbo, 420D :cool: .

Progress,

420Downunder

stickstones said:
420D...don't forget there is a language barrier.
Yep I'm allowing for that but really the pics speak for themselves, he should take 1 look at those on a less than 3 month old item and offer replacement immediately under warranty, at least that's what I'd do because it's so obviously faulty.

420Downunder,

marcuss

above the clouds
420under....i'm sure Seb will fix your problem in a short time, his question is to understand how this issue has happened...i can feel you but just leave him to work for you.....and the language barrier is a stress for me too...

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but couldnt you just type up a response letter...translate it into French(or whatever he speaks I forget ATM) and shoot him the translated mail...seems like it could help.

:2c: (?)
correct me if I'm wrong anyone :)

:peace:

420Downunder

I've heard back and Seb said to send it back and he'll exchange it for a new one immediately upon receipt, unfortunately money's tight atm so it'll have to wait a couple of weeks until pay day to send it and hopefully it'll make it through customs ok as it's been well used ;)

marcuss

above the clouds
420Downunder said:
I've heard back and Seb said to send it back and he'll exchange it for a new one immediately upon receipt, unfortunately money's tight atm so it'll have to wait a couple of weeks until pay day to send it and hopefully it'll make it through customs ok as it's been well used ;)
u see everything will be ok!!....simply clean it up with iso and nobody can smell it.....i know shipping is the worst part for the high prices and long time waiting...but at least you'll get a new injector!;)

marcuss,

420Downunder

I just heard back again from Seb stating that I was using it incorrectly by not connecting up the temp control and combusting which is untrue I know when the herb combusts and it definitely not burning, also why sell the heating control as optional if it's compulsory to hook it up??

420Downunder,

marcuss

above the clouds
well....the xl heater works with the temp knob, the regular works without....which one you got?

marcuss,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
I remember reading somewhere that the element that ships with the XL can get a little hotter at full blast than the fixed-temperature model. I assume that's what's going on here. Can anyone confirm?

KeepCalm,

420Downunder

Yep, apparently the XL model isn't just the same heating element with an added temp control, the heating element itself is a higher wattage allowing it to overheat without the temp control. Seb said he'll be making a change on the website to reflect this.

youdontknowme

Yes that's been on there for a minute now, I wonder if anyone has gotten one? Looks tempting.

youdontknowme,

herbvapor

I'm still in doubt whether to choose the sphere or tube.. Im leaning towards the Sphere, it seems more compact and more stable.. Plus I'm not much of a bong fan at all.. Read good reviews on both though.

marcuss

above the clouds
herbvapor said:
I'm still in doubt whether to choose the sphere or tube.. Im leaning towards the Sphere, it seems more compact and more stable.. Plus I'm not much of a bong fan at all.. Read good reviews on both though.
the sphere is my favorite...i love its design and its stabilty...plus the smaller air volume it is more confortable to me!

Yes the xl injector works in a different way from the reg...not only apparently and the pipe has a different one also.

Here some pics from the Spannabis in the end of february...

Top Bottom