Herborizer corner

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Just a quick heads up that the standalone kits are now available. Availability is a bit limited as there currently aren't many resellers.

Dieselvapors has some 18mm classic kits for $207 shipped with the FC discount. 14mm and XL coming soon.

:tup:

systemstandard.jpg

vtac,

Alpha

marcuss said:
what i really do like in the Herbo is that it is a single unit, easy to handle...with no tubing to think about!
I think that the Tube works without water but i'm not sure....here my way to clean up the sphere:
I put some iso alcohol and some sale grosso (italian word that means big crystals salt) but common salt should work fine.
I start to shake the sphere in all directions to scrap all the thin resinous film that appear after several sessions.
I finish the cleaning with hot water until it shine like brand new!
I let the bowl soaking night time in a glass of iso and rinse the day after....now i can take it with me to my promise land..jah know :cool:
Thanks for the cleaning tip Marcuss. I ordered the XL a few weeks ago based on your reviews. It functions better than I expected, even with small amounts like .2-.3g. The taste from the Herborizer is so much better vs my old Herbal Aire (now collecting dust). Also, the high from the Herbo is very intense compared to bag style vaps. All my friends love it :cool:

Alpha,

marcuss

above the clouds
Ciao Alpha!

Welcome to the Herbo club! I'm glad you are enjoing it like i do everyday...yes it works pretty well even with smaller amounts, the only difference is that a session finish earlier!

Taste is yummi...my mouth is watering everytime! :lol:

marcuss,

potatobass

Gonna gets my Tube XL tomorow, bought it mint condition(been used about ten times, cleaned each time) to a guy for 150 ( about 210 US $) :brow: .
Felt Lucky , felt good to live in France. :D
I'll try it tomorow. :ninja:

BKed

Broke my XL injector :mad: Does anyone know if there is a difference between the injector or if it's just the electrical unit? I want to save on the international shipping if I can. I saw in previous posts that people said it wasn't the same but I emailed Seb and replied: It is exact, only electric unity is different.

If someone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Did anyone else experience yellowing on the glass rim (located right before the Herborizer.com logo on the injector)?

BKed,

420Downunder

According to the conversation I had with seb the XL injector is a higher wattage unit that is capable of going above recommended vape temps if used without the temp control causing damage to the unit (specifically the insulation used on the wires), the normal injector is lower wattage and doesn't need the temp contol the XL must have it connected.

420Downunder,

marcuss

above the clouds
bked.....i'm very sorry for your injector.... i think there is some difference between the two versions as 420 said, otherwise why there are different options on their site if you buy a replacement heater?

The yellowing could be some resin build up due to heavy usage....i occasionally clean it with a cotton stick but i never seen any yellowing.

Did you ever use it without the temp knob?

marcuss,

Alpha

BKed said:
Did anyone else experience yellowing on the glass rim (located right before the Herborizer.com logo on the injector)?
My injector developed a yellow rim in the center (not sure if its resin, but what else could it be). Also, my injector doesn't have the Herborizer logo and has silicon insulation on top of the nylon(I think 420DU is 100 percent nylon, but I could be wrong).

Alpha,

2000pm

hey all, new sphere XL owner here (and new to vaping). Does anyone have the exact temperatures the heating element gets to at the various #s on the variable temp model? I have seen people say between 7-8 so I've been keeping it there but it would be nice to know what exactly the temps are at these points to get some exact vaping going on :)

Tasting weed is crazy! so good.
thanks

2000pm,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Is this your first vape, or is this your first high quality vape? Nice purchase...Herbo's look like solid vaporizers. Wish I could help you with Q&A, but alas I own a VHW :tup:

From what I hear the the Herbo and VHW are somewhat close contenders...and the flavors I have been getting from my glass wand vripmaster have been amazing. I'm sure the herbo is on that level...it truly shows you how the herb tastes. It's nice to put a taste to that smell :drool:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

marcuss

above the clouds
Welcome in the Herbo club!
The only way to know the actual temp is with a IR thermometer but after more than one year with the sphere i found my best spot at 9...anyway at max temp should be around 200 c. In the bowl.

marcuss,

2000pm

Hennessy1414 said:
Is this your first vape, or is this your first high quality vape? Nice purchase...Herbo's look like solid vaporizers. Wish I could help you with Q&A, but alas I own a VHW :tup:

From what I hear the the Herbo and VHW are somewhat close contenders...and the flavors I have been getting from my glass wand vripmaster have been amazing. I'm sure the herbo is on that level...it truly shows you how the herb tastes. It's nice to put a taste to that smell :drool:

its my first vape.

marcuss said:
Welcome in the Herbo club!
The only way to know the actual temp is with a IR thermometer but after more than one year with the sphere i found my best spot at 9...anyway at max temp should be around 200 c. In the bowl.
damn 9 huh? how do u tell at which point you're getting smoke with the vapor?

2000pm,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
again..I dont own a herbo, but this is how I do it with most vapes. I turn it to 2-3 notches below what most people recommend. from there you will begin to hit the vape. At that point you should be able to see how 'milked' up your tube is. If you see little to no milk..up the temps. keep doing that till you find a 'sweet' spot.

I say work WITH the vapors and that way you will be left with that sweet goldeny resin smell....not the black tar smoked out smell we all try to avoid.

but one way to tell if its smoking up is the milk in the chamber will be a tad bit more yellow than the vapor is. Also its a SHIT TON harsher on the lungs...thats a good indicator. Oh and also flavor...pay attention to the flavors. Thats usually a good gauge :tup:

ENJOY THE CLOUDS!

...you just got a really quality vaporizer. congrats

Hennessy1414,

Alpha

I like to vap at 80 most of the time (seb said 80 is 190c). For personal amounts like .3, I float a second screen in the bowl so there is less air space and the herb is closer to the injector.

I never burn screens clean. Soak them overnight in 90+ percent rubbing alcohol, then rinse with hot water and dry with cotton towel in the morning.

On a side note- Has anyone noticed a high pitched sound coming from the injector? It is very faint, and changes pitch when you adjust the dial on the controller.

Alpha,

firewatcher

Yea i just ordered one of these the Herborizer sphere, hope it works ok (im sure it will). looks like a very nice vap this will be my first high end one.

firewatcher,

marcuss

above the clouds
firewatcher....it is a xl sphere?

alpha.....yes 80 is a good spot for some herbs(i left mine on 8 for months) but i prefer a little bit hotter for a thicker vapor...anyway i never burned my herb even the drier one at that temp(9) and no smoke at all in my vapor.....it is a personal taste IMO and i think that the Herbo heater cannot scortch any herb.
I'm sure at 9 you don't reach 200C anyway!
I like your idea of a double screen to make the herb closer to the injector and tonight i'll try it for sure but i never noticed any noise from my injector.....i've got a noise like that from the E and i think is due to a different voltage, i'm from europe!

bless the good vape!

marcuss,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Damn i want one of these so bad, would get it without the bong though, just use the ones i already got. These are pretty expensive though, so i guess i got to wait a while and save :/ Canadian exchange rate is killing me...

Mr. Smoke No More,

max

Out to lunch
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Damn i want one of these so bad, would get it without the bong though, just use the ones i already got. These are pretty expensive though, so i guess i got to wait a while and save :/ Canadian exchange rate is killing me...
Dieselvapors has the classic system (no glass) for slighty over $200 w/FC 12% discount. Would be about $220 Candian. There would be a shipping charge for outside the US.

max,

max

Out to lunch
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
im watching dieselvapors to see when they start to stock the xl
Send him an email and say you want one. He may not want to stock the XL, but I'm sure he could order one for you the next time he's ready to place another order with Seb. Dieselvapors provides fast email response and excellent service, in my experience.

max,

2000pm

thx for the tips all - im finding i like it up higher at around 8~9 myself, but one day ill have to measure the temps to be sure.

2000pm,

Mr. Smoke No More

The classic system for $230 Can isnt bad, but im also looking for that temp control of the XL version. Hopeing dieselvapors stocks it soon. Gunna send them an email, asking if they are planning on adding it to thier lineup any time soon.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Mr. Smoke No More

Well I sent the email off to dieselvapors and here is what Peter replied:

dieselvapors said:
Hello,

I emailed Herborizer this morning. I am waiting on a response of availability. Last time I put an order in I was told that the XL power supply were limited and they were going to redesign it. I was told since that they had a limited supply and I since I did not want the glassware they could not sell me any. I email him asking if the new or old style was available to me yet. I will give you a email in a few days to let you know if and when I will have them.

Have a Great Day,
Pete
Ahhh man...i hope they get some soon, i really want one. I definately think I need the XL version

Mr. Smoke No More,

firewatcher

marcuss said:
firewatcher....it is a xl sphere?
Hi sorry for the delay in replying, I just got the regular sphere and the hose + injector stand, i am loving it so far best vap iv ever tried/owned, is there a lot of difference with the XL one? apart from the temp control but id wouldn't really use that so that's why i went for the normal one.

firewatcher,

Alpha

My friend has the non XL, so I had the chance to compare. The XL injector seems like it has 1mm thicker outer shell glass and is overall heavier (we still have to weigh both injectors to make sure). The adjustable temp is handy for revaping duff (you can't burn the herb, even at full power). Also, I noticed the non XL lost some of its heat when alot of people hit it in a group setting (XL gives you some overhead). Another difference - the holes at the bottom of the injector were larger for the non-XL (this difference may just be with our injectors and not something standard).

Marcuss-

Dude thank you. I vap just below 9 now and it's perfect.

Alpha,
Top Bottom