Discontinued herbalAire

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
The low setting is 370, so thats not really low, more like just low enough to keep good taste but produce nice hits. On my HA, I like to dive into the 350 range sometimes and its pleasant. I dont really trip too much with my Pax on flavor, low is fine for me on taste at the beginning. Remember, I use my Pax as a portable, so its used about 90% of the time outside, on the go. So Low is for lounging, but I use medium/high if I need to medicate in a short period of time, rather then enjoying a long session on 370. To answer your question, no it does not bother me.

Live-N-Learn,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
The low setting is 370, so thats not really low, more like just low enough to keep good taste but produce nice hits. On my HA, I like to dive into the 350 range sometimes and its pleasant. I dont really trip too much with my Pax on flavor, low is fine for me on taste at the beginning. Remember, I use my Pax as a portable, so its used about 90% of the time outside, on the go. So Low is for lounging, but I use medium/high if I need to medicate in a short period of time, rather then enjoying a long session on 370. To answer your question, no it does not bother me.
Thanks !
as i prefer lower temps thats the only thing i dont really like 'bout the PAX,
but i'd use it probably for the same reason as yours . when i'm on the go .
390 on the h.aire is too high for me, too harsh.
so i'm scared that it would be the same with the pax at 390.

francis,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
The Pax goes to 410, higher then the HA's 400. You would definitely like to stay on the low setting for sure. The Pax gives big hits, its not meant for flavor, and low temps. If you like low temps, maybe try the new davinci ascent which has an LED temp feature, not sure on how low it gets. The Pax is made simple, 3 temperatures, YELLOW< ORANGE< RED. LOL Its nothing like the HA on temperature ranges, and diversity, its not built the same way, still a great and needed part of the team.

francis

Vape enthusiasms
The Pax goes to 410, higher then the HA's 400. You would definitely like to stay on the low setting for sure. The Pax gives big hits, its not meant for flavor, and low temps. If you like low temps, maybe try the new davinci ascent which has an LED temp feature, not sure on how low it gets. The Pax is made simple, 3 temperatures, YELLOW< ORANGE< RED. LOL Its nothing like the HA on temperature ranges, and diversity, its not built the same way, still a great and needed part of the team.
davinci shure looks good but not as stealth as the pax, and there is glass tubing ( fragile ).
the pinnacle as only 2 temps, and i dont like the way it's built.
i'd go with the pax over any current portable vape tho, even with this "flaw".

anyway i dont want to hijack the thread as this is for the Herbalaire.
Thanks Live-N-Learn, good to have a H.aire user POV.

francis,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
How I use it with flowers:
  • Power on the unit , turn the knob to 350
  • Grind my medicine ( .3 , .4 )
  • Fill the crucible , not too packed.
  • when the light is green , drop the crucible in
  • put the mouthpiece on
  • lower the temp to 325-330
  • empty the air out of my bag and plug it
  • start the pump (allow at least 20 secs. between drop and the moment you inflate or use the whip.)
after 2 bags, up the temperature to 350
and then fill 1-3 other bags.

First two bag are light but plenty of vapor .
then its more thick but not milky , so its smooth.

How I use it with non-oily/waxy concentrate :
  • Power on the unit , turn the knob to 380
  • flatten my concentrate (.2 , .3 )
  • when the light is green , drop the crucible in SCREEN UPSIDE DOWN.
  • put the flatten concentrate onto the screen
  • put the mouthpiece on
  • lower the temp to 360.
  • start the pump (allow at least 20 secs. between drop and the moment you inflate or use the whip.)
after 1 bags, up the temperature to 375-380
and then fill 1-2 other bags.

i've added a screen at the bottom of the crucible , and two in the teflon "mouthpiece" , to keep away any herb from getting into my bags when i inflate.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I love this vape. So reliable, built to withstand my insensitive nature, amazing at extraction, and incredible reclaim that is a cinch to recover. I can't fault it much at all.
I enjoyed my HA, it was a fantastic first vape.

darco

Hello HA world!
Chiming in after a long while, my HA is now 3 years old and still going strong. Its been getting quite some use lately as I have taken to vape bonging. It couples really well with the Headford disc bubbler that I have. Awesome fluffy clouds of vapor :)

I am looking at getting a second bubbler + vape setup. While for the bubbler I am unable to look away from the Mobius Matrix, but they never ever seem to be available. For the vape, I am considering either a second Herbal Aire or an LSV. Could any long term users of both tell me if the LSV hits way harder than the HerbalAire? Unless it does, the HerbalAire beats the LSV for me due to its durable, long lasting design.

Does anyone know of a place to get the HA without the pump and bag system? In the last 3 years I might have used it twice and I dont wan't another one.

Whats the best place and price to reliably buy an HA 2.2 these days?

darco,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Hello HA world!
Chiming in after a long while, my HA is now 3 years old and still going strong. Its been getting quite some use lately as I have taken to vape bonging. It couples really well with the Headford disc bubbler that I have. Awesome fluffy clouds of vapor :)

I am looking at getting a second bubbler + vape setup. While for the bubbler I am unable to look away from the Mobius Matrix, but they never ever seem to be available. For the vape, I am considering either a second Herbal Aire or an LSV. Could any long term users of both tell me if the LSV hits way harder than the HerbalAire? Unless it does, the HerbalAire beats the LSV for me due to its durable, long lasting design.

Does anyone know of a place to get the HA without the pump and bag system? In the last 3 years I might have used it twice and I dont wan't another one.

Whats the best place and price to reliably buy an HA 2.2 these days?
planetvape , 199 $
torontovaporier , 179.99 + a free 50 $ grinder.

francis,
Reactions: darco

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
I enjoyed my HA, it was a fantastic first vape.
.. .. is it so t-dub? You, "enjoyED" your HA. It "WAS a *fantastic-boombastic-multitaskit-grindlessPrepatoric-HeatupFast@It* first vape." ?!?!?!? Are you saying that you & your blessed HerbalAire 2.1 (with the T-Dub MIGHTY FINE mouthpiece mod! It's a damn fine mouthpiece, & I would know. Given I have ~5 different variations of mouthpiece mods:nod: ) .. .. have parted ways? We come from a similar vapor background, so this saddens me. :cry:

Granted, we both know the level of devastation that the VX Cloud + VX Devastator has produced for you, time & time again. I won't attempt to convince anyone otherwise, for such devastation is un-matched. Pure & simple. It is quite effortless to feed thy quality glass, with the dense vapor that it truly deserves, when using thy holiest of vapes, VX Cloud. Does that mean that Sir Herbal Aire has no place on my active roster? Of course not, for HA2.2 will be on the sidelines warming up during every session that it doesn't get used. Just in case there is an 'injury' on the field & I need someone to step in. Hell, I have my HA top-side (aka desktop) 24/7; never know when you may need its simple nature & ease of use. Grab a nug, cram it in there, pour pre-mixed rezblock+h2o into quality glass of choice, & it's go time. Running late, & forgot to shut it off? No problem. Running late & cant find your grinder (aka its still drying after a wash)? No problem. Drop it out of a moving vehicle? No problem. You get the picture.:tinfoil:

Please explain yourself T-Dub. What happened, was there some foul play at work perhaps. Your HA develop so much jealousy that it chose to seek fulfillment elsewhere, & you caught it 'in the act' with your significant other..maybe? Don't hate on the HA, it was bound to get lonely eventually! Only something that is of reasonable nature, could be the cause behind such a tragic state of vapor.:disgust:
PS - my HA2.2 just informed me that it would be thrilled & honored to receive your HerbalAire mouthpiece/s (even if missing the glass part since I could replace that). If you no longer need them, my HA would like to give them a good home. :love:

OO

Technical Skeptical
I had a feeling you were going to venture into the waters of fanboyishness with that post, but you kept your head above water, and stuck to the genuine benefits.

I need a meme with an english accent to convey my thoughts.
sophisticat_meme_generator_hmm_yes_ha_is_the_tru.jpg

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
In reply to DARCO:

Amazon. 180 or less. Newest version. VapeUSA is legit, & FAST shipping. Check it out if you are in the states, but if in Canada I would probably go through planetvape. That way, you could also order one of their new HA GonG adapters.

If you enjoy using your HA vape-bong style (which I don't see how someone couldn't), you will absolutely love these new adapters. A nice bubbler & HA go very well together! The LSV is a fantastic vaporizer, but I honestly prefer the HA. I don't use the bags either, so I know where you are coming from. I personally find that the HA 2.2 is one of the overall best vaporizers for those that want a reliable & enjoyable vape to use with water-pipes(unless needing to 'milk' a LARGE volume piece, the HA is Boss). It's idiot-proof design allows for less worry, especially when having hundreds of dollars worth of glass out(since I can concentrate on protecting the glass, should anything go 'wrong'. The HA can handle a drop, spill, & worse. My glass therefore gets 100% of my attention!). These are just my opinions & preferences. Either way, I think you can't go wrong with the HA or LSV. Keep us updated, & don't forget about the new adapters (since they basically 'seal the deal' for me, when it comes to HA vs LSV. You may not feel the same however..) :2c: :peace: :spidey:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Please explain yourself T-Dub. What happened, was there some foul play at work perhaps. Your HA develop so much jealousy that it chose to seek fulfillment elsewhere, & you caught it 'in the act' with your significant other..maybe?
lol . . . I lent it to someone, it will come home eventually, thanks for caring . . . :)

darco

In reply to DARCO:

Amazon. 180 or less. Newest version. VapeUSA is legit, & FAST shipping. Check it out if you are in the states, but if in Canada I would probably go through planetvape. That way, you could also order one of their new HA GonG adapters.

If you enjoy using your HA vape-bong style (which I don't see how someone couldn't), you will absolutely love these new adapters. A nice bubbler & HA go very well together! The LSV is a fantastic vaporizer, but I honestly prefer the HA. I don't use the bags either, so I know where you are coming from. I personally find that the HA 2.2 is one of the overall best vaporizers for those that want a reliable & enjoyable vape to use with water-pipes(unless needing to 'milk' a LARGE volume piece, the HA is Boss). It's idiot-proof design allows for less worry, especially when having hundreds of dollars worth of glass out(since I can concentrate on protecting the glass, should anything go 'wrong'. The HA can handle a drop, spill, & worse. My glass therefore gets 100% of my attention!). These are just my opinions & preferences. Either way, I think you can't go wrong with the HA or LSV. Keep us updated, & don't forget about the new adapters (since they basically 'seal the deal' for me, when it comes to HA vs LSV. You may not feel the same however..) :2c: :peace: :spidey:

Hey thanks for the feedback. I agree the robust nature of the HA makes it an awesome Vape. Though I am craving to try the much hyped LSV, I wanna get the HA too cuz I trust it so much. The moment I think about getting both, the cloud enters the picture :p

I have the PV gong attachment for the solo, and I find it getting too hot after a few hits to lift and clear the bubb. Considering the HA is a much more powerful Vape, don't u think it will get too hot to hold onto it and pull it up to clear the WT?

darco,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I have the PV gong attachment for the solo, and I find it getting too hot after a few hits to lift and clear the bubb. Considering the HA is a much more powerful Vape, don't u think it will get too hot to hold onto it and pull it up to clear the WT?
Absolutely not. The HA uses PTFE for the mouthpiece which has a very low thermal conductivity, but not only that, you hold the device by the black housing, which never really gets too warm IMHO.

A benefit of the PTFE is that it is ultra inert, and the low thermal conductivity lowers losses due to condensation along the vapor path.

I use the PTFE mouthpiece to mate to water devices, but a GonG one does exist and has been spoken about enough in this thread that it shouldn't be too hard to find.

OO,
Reactions: MG23

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The HA is my first vape and it convert me to the vape world, I'm a recent Cloud owner and for the half of the Cloud price HA is a very efficient vape I think that it could be compare to the Cloud in efficiency terms but is more versatile, do you think that a sort of HT could work with HA?(I don't have Cloud's HT I just use both a whip with a bubbler)
The Cloud for bigger hits (and lot of time to make nothing) and HA to vape slowly with lot of taste(HA keeps the flavour more I think)
When I bought the HA it was for ability to make bags but in fact now I just use direct and whip mode.

ps: I'm sorry for my englih but I'm a french guy....that's why

francis

Vape enthusiasms
The HA is my first vape and it convert me to the vape world, I'm a recent Cloud owner and for the half of the Cloud price HA is a very efficient vape I think that it could be compare to the Cloud in efficiency terms but is more versatile, do you think that a sort of HT could work with HA?(I don't have Cloud's HT I just use both a whip with a bubbler)
The Cloud for bigger hits (and lot of time to make nothing) and HA to vape slowly with lot of taste(HA keeps the flavour more I think)
When I bought the HA it was for ability to make bags but in fact now I just use direct and whip mode.

ps: I'm sorry for my englih but I'm a french guy....that's why
y'a aucun problème mec !

It's true that the HA give alot of flavor !

francis,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations PPN,

I presume you're curious about conditionment, if that's the case i'd point out that i've toyed with the idea of "Fog Conditioning" and this led me to believe that i don't want to "wash" my cannabic vapour ever if i've got a better solution - and i did evaluate my options to the best of my abilities. When held up-side-down the HA's main white teflon top piece will mate with glass accessories but that's going to tax taste/aroma in a sensible manner, i much prefered light moisturization over bubling and whatnot:

I found no incentives to explore cooling any further after this brief episode, then i built my modded VaporGenie and a week later my HA became history...

:peace:

Egzoset,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
When help up-side-down the HA's main white teflon top piece will mate with glass accessories

yes, you can hold the HA upside down in a regular bong stem and it will work great !
or you can inflate a bag and then place the mouthpiece into the bong stem.

francis,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again!

Francis, to me the HerbalAire world was like LEGO-land once i got familiarized with its connector system (lots of fun!). It's dry and slow but the versatility and extraction power felt genuinely satisfying - yet i must add that i rediscovered aroma/taste with great pleasure as soon as i gave fire a chance... As a matter of fact the pipe is real fun too: never exactly the same from one toke to the next! The experience doesn't renew that much with HA bags, etc.

Egzoset,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Hi again!

Francis, to me the HerbalAire world was like LEGO-land once i got familiarized with its connector system.

well , by looking at your pictures i believe you ;)

C't'un esti de bon deal pour le rapport qualite/prix.
it work great, super efficient , you can hook it up to virtually anything .
there is also a planetvape GonG adapter , anyone here tried it ?

francis,
Reactions: Egzoset

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
it work great, super efficient , you can hook it up to virtually anything .
there is also a planetvape GonG adapter , anyone here tried it ?
YES! FINALLY! It took, for freakin ever.. but I finally have used the official adapter. 6 months waiting? I'm not sure. Anyways.. the news isn't so great ATM. Currently, the beta units were sold to a certain member here. They fit snug but worked fantastic. He posted the video of them. They were too snug though, & within a few days while twisting the adapter it twisted the heater inside of the HA body..rendering it broken. PV actually replaced his HA for him, & decided to tweak the design. They supposedly made them smaller. LiveNlLearn owns one of these 'smaller' ones, but its TOO lose fitting, & cant really "lift out" with you HA to clear the hit. It does safe-guard against the "potential rotation damage"(which could actually have been a freak occurance. who knows if it would happen to another unit....?!?).

Even though I was bummed about these revisions, it still sounded like a better option than using a modded Solo GonG stem. So, I purchased the 18mm version. Upon first use, it seemed to function well, but there was one MAJOR problem..
When I inserted the adapter, it was QUITE snug(much more resembling a solo stem insertion). This was surprising, but I went with it. Knowing if I didn't twist it, it should be A OK. It seemed fine, I'm not 100% sure. I got alarmed when I realized how snug the adapter truly was. It wasn't budging, not one bit. Let it cool down back to room temp., still it was LOCKED in there. I don't know how it ever got in(maybe the adapter has some sort of taper to it? I have no idea.) This was very unpleasant. My HA now had a Ground Glass joint protruding out of it, & was rendered inoperable. After ~1 hour of pulling/tugging/yanking/rocking/twisting/etc the adapter, it all of a sudden SHOT OUT. pow! The contents of the bowl thrown about as if it had been a pipe bomb filled with ABV.
Needless to say, I am slightly worried to try & go for *round 2*. Unless some others have some input on the PV adapter? :disgust: :horse::rant: :spidey: :hmm:

GratefulVapor,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Uh, wow, that is somewhat difficult to explain...

You're saying it forcefully ejected on its own? Without a force being applied?

OO,

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
do you think that a sort of HT could work with HA?(I don't have Cloud's HT I just use both a whip with a bubbler)
Actually, it does VERY well. The Evolver HydraTubes (gen 1.0) could literally sit on top of a HA, balanced & all, airtight, & easy to detach when clearing the tube/hit. I highly recommend trying it!
[sorry for double post, not sure if this is considered one or not..since it's a reply to a different question of diff. nature.]

GratefulVapor,
Top Bottom