Discontinued herbalAire

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Uh, wow, that is somewhat difficult to explain...

You're saying it forcefully ejected on its own? Without a force being applied?
Nonono, I am saying after a hour of applying force, it finally came out abruptly.

GratefulVapor,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Nonono, I am saying after a hour of applying force, it finally came out abruptly.

Cool.
Maybe rub some paraffin around the mating surface, that might help prevent a recurrence.

Teflon has a lower coefficent of friction though, so it should actually make it worse.

I have no helpful advice.

OO,
Reactions: ShipDit

mbdtf

Does anyone know how the GonG works with a traditional tube? Not one where the Herbalaire is upside down but more of a diagonal. Would the GonG be able to support it...in my mind the adapter seems like it would snap

mbdtf,
Reactions: zmurder

OO

Technical Skeptical
Does anyone know how the GonG works with a traditional tube? Not one where the Herbalaire is upside down but more of a diagonal. Would the GonG be able to support it...in my mind the adapter seems like it would snap

I don't know. I do know the Herbalaire is very light, I suspect it would remain intact.

OO,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member

i think the ha gong joint itself would be strong enough to hold up the ha, however, it would probably end up tipping the tube over because it will upset the balance.

notmyrealUSERname,
Reactions: MG23

MG23

Relaxin'

I use my HA with a Solo GonG adapter and my EHLE 250 straight tube daily.
The EHLE's downstem is 45 degrees, not completely diagonal, but I've had no qualms with it.
I can only assume the HA specific GonG adapter would be even more sturdy.

francis

Vape enthusiasms
fell in love with my bongs again
IMG_2129.jpg

fell in love with my bongs again
IMG_2129.jpg
Wow,that is a beautiful setup you put together francis! You're gonna love your HA,which I beliieve to be the most under-rated vape on the market. The HA is a good performing,well built unit that is adaptable to many ways of enjoying your herb.
With all the "flavor of the month" vapes getting all the press the HA does not get the attention it deserves. Good find man,good find!

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Wow,that is a beautiful setup you put together francis! You're gonna love your HA,which I beliieve to be the most under-rated vape on the market. The HA is a good performing,well built unit that is adaptable to many ways of enjoying your herb.
With all the "flavor of the month" vapes getting all the press the HA does not get the attention it deserves. Good find man,good find!

Thanks ! you're right about the under-rated factor , it's been here for a while now but does not get enough recognition !
i'm very impress with the quality , plus it's super adaptable !

Don't forget that it's also super efficient. The HA will pay for itself quickly,leaving you with more money to spend on important things,like weed!
Have fun and enjoy your new Vape!

MG23

Relaxin'
MG23,
Reactions: ShipDit

OmarGawsh

Awesome, I am probably going to pull the trigger on the HA, I have been going through these forums and there is a very passionate community surrounding this vape so it must be pretty good.

Are there any accessories a newbie to the HA should be investing in?

MG23

Relaxin'
The Herbalaire works very well from stock without any additional add-ons. That being said, a nice piece of glassware and a GonG adapter to use in place of the stock mouthpiece would be my two main suggestions. "Once you go glass you never go back." :p I personally use the Solo GonG adapter from Planetvape.ca in my Herbalaire, but they also make an HA specific version that will fit more properly.

Here is a fantastic video by FC member Snidley Whiplash showcasing the HA specific GonG Stems by PV:

(Video Description on Youtube) "This is a demonstration of the Herbalaire Glass on Glass adapter available exclusively from www.planetvape.ca - In my opinion this is the best vape I have ever hit, and I've hit the Cloud many times. This combination/Mod DELIVERS!"

And here is a video of the HA being used through glass with the normal stock mouthpiece, which ingeniously tapers to fit both 14mm and 18mm pieces:

OmarGawsh

Cool, those videos made it a lot more clear as to how you use the HA with bongs. So if it is possible to use the HA w/ a bong without buying any other additional attachments, then what are the benefits of getting a glass adapter? And I am assuming you don't need a special type of bong to use it with, but what bongs would you recommend to go best with the HA?

OmarGawsh,

MG23

Relaxin'
The stock mouthpiece will work with any 14mm or 18mm downstem, however, you will need to have one hand on the HA and the other hand on the glass at all times during use.

A GonG adapter combined with a thick, heavy, gravity-balanced glass piece will easily support the weight of the Herbalaire, allowing for my personal favorite vaporization method of "Hands-free HAbubblin".
It also allows you the option of taking the heater off of the load in between each pull.

I personally recommend getting a glass piece with a dewaar (recessed) downstem joint. It provides great gravity-balanced stability and has a nice low profile look. For example, this is my daily driver:
http://www.brotherswithglass.com/C2_Custom_Creations_Ratchet_Bubbler_p/bwg-brb50.htm

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
I use the stock mouthpiece (mp) with my 18mm inline bubbler to great effect. I just let it "sit" in there, with no horizontal strain, to keep the mp from coming out. As MattyGTwenty3 says, it's a two-handed operation with this method.

SInce the mp sits INSIDE my 18mm female joint, it's a bit more stable than to a 14mm that it mates to, imo.

If you go this route, make sure to keep the stock mouthpiece in the unit as it heats and cools. This makes it seal much better to the vape itself, giving more stability. I also added a screen on top of the herb, so in case the mp and bowl ever does fall out, you dont spill the herb all over.

Enjoy your new toy, Omar!

OmarGawsh

I use the stock mouthpiece (mp) with my 18mm inline bubbler to great effect. I just let it "sit" in there, with no horizontal strain, to keep the mp from coming out.

Do you have a pic of the bubbler you're talking about? I am going to go to my headshop today or tomorrow and see what I can find there.

OmarGawsh,
Top Bottom