Discontinued herbalAire

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Do you use the fan when vapor bonging? Also, does anyone know if the SSV tubing will fit on the HA?

Magic9,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Magic9 said:
Do you use the fan when vapor bonging? Also, does anyone know if the SSV tubing will fit on the HA?
the HA has no fan, just an aquarium pump.

i don't use it though, i plug and chug.

I want to turn my HA into an essential oil diffuser to be used with the powder from incense sticks.
it shouldn't be too difficult.

OO,
Reactions: MG23

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
no i dont use the fan/pump while vapebonging. i like to control my airflow. the pump is strong enough to make most of my glass perc though.

i would like to know about ssv tubing as well, anyone have both vapes and can try this out?

notmyrealUSERname,

steiner666

Serial vapist
notmyrealUSERname said:
no i dont use the fan/pump while vapebonging. i like to control my airflow. the pump is strong enough to make most of my glass perc though.

i would like to know about ssv tubing as well, anyone have both vapes and can try this out?

i wasnt able to get my ssv/dbv hosing to fit over the mouthpiece... someone said they managed by heating the tubing up and stretching it out a bit, but i can't be arsed with doing that every time i want to go from bags to whip so i havent tried it again. Some tubing that has an ID thats about the same as the SSV hosings OD would probably slip over it pretty snugly tho.

I know ntd had some soft silicon hosing that was the right dimensions to fit over the mouthpiece, and then had some other smaller hosing inserted into that hosing to downsize it to tubing that fits the downstem/pipe adapters. maybe he'll share the hosing sizes with us here, or you can pop into IRC (chat) one of these evenings and catch him yourself.

steiner666,
Rethought and retracted, nothing to see here.

On another note, I was impressed recently by the vaporbonging ability of the HA when using the crucible with ground material and a screen used to keep it at the bottom. Surprisingly dense, far more than I remember, and very efficient as long as you don't just let it sit for long periods in the hot bowl.

charliedontsurf,

max

Out to lunch
Magic9 said:
The air inlet for the pump is the same intake you use for direct draw, so you disconnect the pump tubing. You wouldn't want 'pump assisted' direct draw hits. That's what you get with the Oracle, and it's a compromise, vs. passive hits.

steiner666 said:
i wasnt able to get my ssv/dbv hosing to fit over the mouthpiece... someone said they managed by heating the tubing up and stretching it out a bit, but i can't be arsed with doing that every time i want to go from bags to whip so i havent tried it again. Some tubing that has an ID thats about the same as the SSV hosings OD would probably slip over it pretty snugly tho.

The SSV tubing is a size larger than standard whip tubing. A size larger would be 1/2" ID. The easy answer, if the SSV tubing does fit when heated, is to sacrifice a main mouthpiece to whip use only, and just keep the tubing installed.

robert denby

hey guys
so i have been digging on my herbalaire for a few days now, after recieving one that didnt turn on from vapeworld on ebay. i had a question maybe someone could help me with...
i have used it maybe a dozen or so crucibles and on the 6th or 7th one i went to drop it in and the moment it made contact with the metal on the inside of the device i got a nice shock that sent the loaded crucible flying and a nice little yelp from me.
now obviously i have been nervous about doing that again, so i got a pair of tweezers and wrapped the handle parts in electrical tape and use that to drop the crucible in.
has this happened to anyone else?
the thing works so well otherwise that if this isnt a big deal than i can just live with it.

what do you think?

edit: i got one that didnt work from vapeworld on ebay and they replaced it, this is the replacement unit

robert denby,

robert denby

roger

mod note: Please use the edit button in your post, to add to a post's content, instead of editing by making back to back posts.

robert denby,

max

Out to lunch
Sounds like static electricity but it shouldn't have happened. I've never gotten a static shock from this or any other electric vape.

max,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
bob - did it seem like static to you? i would definitely use a multi-meter to test for voltage on where the crucible touches the metal on the inside (relative to ground). could be a danger.

Hippie Dickie,

robert denby

i dont know. i mean i have had some nice static shocks in the past and this, to me, exceeded it by quite a bit.
it was one of those shocks where you like blink and you may have been standing there for 1-2 seconds without realizing it. keeping in mind that i spend most hours of every day vaked, i feel i didnt exaggerate the shock in my mind. i didnt recall throwing the crucible but there it was, 12 feet away.
i wasnt like smoking or technically "unconscious" so to speak, but it was a big ol mean shock!
also i was on a cement basement floor, with 2 rubber mats on it (for glass piece protection).

but jeez louise mr. dickey! i feel embarrassed for not thinking of something so obvious!
ill get on that tonite and report back.
aside from this one incident, i have been very happy with the unit and most of the thanks for that researched choice goes to this forum and very page!

robert denby,

steiner666

Serial vapist
max said:

The SSV tubing is a size larger than standard whip tubing. A size larger would be 1/2" ID. The easy answer, if the SSV tubing does fit when heated, is to sacrifice a main mouthpiece to whip use only, and just keep the tubing installed.

Yeah I'd considered doing that, whether i try stretching ssv hosing over it or i get some more appropriately-sized soft sili... I just need to get around to ordering another mouthpiece soon is all lol. But really, for my usage habits, there HA usually doesnt get used for anything but bags, the WDZ is a large majority of my direct inhale usage. not that it isnt good at it, it's powerful as hell and kicks my ass. i just end up going through more herb and getting too stoned and wasting the buzz on a nap lol i think its because of the little bit of vapor that wisps out of the mouthpiece/hosing that makes me want to just hurry up and vape the shit out of the stuff... its like a beerbong.

robert denby said:
i dont know. i mean i have had some nice static shocks in the past and this, to me, exceeded it by quite a bit.
it was one of those shocks where you like blink and you may have been standing there for 1-2 seconds without realizing it. keeping in mind that i spend most hours of every day vaked, i feel i didnt exaggerate the shock in my mind. i didnt recall throwing the crucible but there it was, 12 feet away.
i wasnt like smoking or technically "unconscious" so to speak, but it was a big ol mean shock!
also i was on a cement basement floor, with 2 rubber mats on it (for glass piece protection).

but jeez louise mr. dickey! i feel embarrassed for not thinking of something so obvious!
ill get on that tonite and report back.
aside from this one incident, i have been very happy with the unit and most of the thanks for that researched choice goes to this forum and very page!

lol, man, you have the worst luck with the HA that i've ever heard of. cause until you i dont think i've ever heard of anyone getting one faulty unit let alone two in a row... and if you got any sort of shock while properly loading the crucible, even if you ARE exaggerating a bit, it's faulty, there has to be a short somewhere that's putting current where it doesnt belong. I've never even heard of such a problem til now. I'd def return it, it's a ~$200 vaporizer, not a damn toaster. But i can understand you probably dont want to be without it for that long... but understand that whatever wiring problem that caused the shock will more than likely effect the lifespan of the unit, at least thatd be my guess.

so i'd at least send it in at some point within the warranty period, maybe after you add a diff vape to your collection to help hold you over while your HA gets replaced ;) cause i dunno if you own any other vapes other than the HA, but give it time and you will :p happens to us all. at least you started off with the vape that took me 2 other models to settle on (sold dbv for ssv, and then ssv for HA, def like it best of the 3). If do plan on getting a second vape, i'd look at the log vapes cause they're a great mate to put with the HA, for those times you want to really conserve and want to just pick up a simple, always on unit, and then you can revape the ABV in HA too. just a suggestion

anyway good luck, i'd try getting a hold of HA (the manufacturer) via email and tell them of your problems and see what they have to say, it might be a problem that they're familiar with and it could be an easy fix for someone semi-adept at soldering... still its so hard to believe that anyone would have to go to that extent to make this vape function properly lol. If you do end up taking it apart, definitely post some pics of the guts of the HA, cause i know i'm not the only one who's been dying to see what it looks like on the inside. But def talk to HA first before attempting that cause it will def void warranty im sure... in fact, forget the idea altogether, i dont want the death of a HA and its warranty on my head... i wouldnt be able to sleep at night.

:lol:

robert denby

well, i have learned once again not to loan my tools out.
multimeter is nowhere to be found, but luckily that point is mute because when i got home last night and checked my inbox this wonderful email response came to me from herbalaire (according to the timestamp, mere hours after i initially sent it):

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems yet again with your HerbalAire, this should not be happening. What is the serial # on the bottom of your unit affixed to the circuit board? We have never seen a problem like this before and are very eager to get the unit back for diagnoses, as we would like to find out exactly what has gone wrong with this unit. If you wouldn't mind boxing the unit up and mailing it back to us we would be happy to send you a replacement unit ASAP. We will also throw in some freebies to compensate for your shipping expenses as well as the hassle. If you could please follow our warranty return instructions as stated below, and provide us with a tracking number or postal receipt we will get a brand new HerbalAire shipped out to you as soon as possible.

what a nice company.
i have a few other vapes and really the only other one i can say had this kind of customer service was blissville.

i am very satisfied.
will let you know how it goes...

robert denby,

max

Out to lunch
A little over four years ago my HA unit quit working. It was under a year old (one yr. warranty then) and I contacted the company. They told me to ship my unit back, and instructed me on the best way to do it. Three days after I first contacted them (before I put the bad unit in the mail), I was notified of a shipment with tracking info. I got delivery of a brand new, complete kit, plus some extra bags and crucibles-easily $20-30 worth of product, before mine could have gotten to them. I had only returned the unit itself, not the pump or anything else, thinking they'd just repair the vape. I contacted them again, asking if I should return the rest of the kit, and was told no, just keep it. Best service I'd ever gotten from any kind of company.

Some time after that, I was seeing some dealer stating a 2 yr. warranty on the HA. They confirmed it, but the HA site and other dealers were still saying one yr. It turned out that the company was getting ready to up the warranty to 2 yrs., but hadn't done it yet, and one dealer jumped the gun. When I asked HA about it, mainly out of curiousity, the owner (Bohdan-really nice guy) said the warranty was still currently one yr., but bumped my coverage up to two. Truly a top rate company for customer service.

robert denby

wow, if there were any lingering doubts in my mind about my purchase, they have now been totally wiped.
thanks!

robert denby,

steiner666

Serial vapist
they should send you a HO pump for your trouble IMO :p but even if its just spare crucibles and mouthpieces and such, its more than most companies would do. i knew they'd want to take a look at it with the bizarre problem youre having, so they can prevent it from happening in future units. hopefully they let you know what the problem was once they figure it out cause i'm intrigued as well.

Learner

Something like this for the HerbalAire bags exist?

vape_adapter_4631.jpg

vape_adapter_4626.jpg

edit

this will do it.
alt-2010-05-18-24.jpg

Learner,
So is teflon like ridiculous vulnerable to thermal expansion and contraction? Some times my mouthpiece fits in sturdy, sometimes it fits in just okay, and today it won't stick at all. Anyone else had this problem? I just let it sit in place for about 5 minutes while heating and now it has apparently expanded to the point where it will stay in nicely.

I've got some revised notes on HA as a vapebonger after giving it another go recently:
Grind your material, use about a MFLB trench/2 lotus scoops, using two extra screens in the crucible - one on the bottom so fine stuff doesn't go through, and one large screen shoved all the way into the crucible, so that is forces the vaped material to the bottom of the crucible - much like the Volcano's chamber's little mechanism does. Start at about 355, ramping up slowly. Place mouthpiece to a 14mm piece and inhale.

I am amazed by how dense a cloud I can pull using this method! Far denser than when I tried vapebonging with the HA in the past with solid material. Honestly I think I can get thicker clouds with the HA using this method (and a few more of them!) than the Magickwand can provide, but the Magickwand completely tramples the HA in the flavor department. Just try grinding up your stuff and using a screen to pin it to the bottom of the crucible, you'll get great results. I've also noticed denser and better bags using this method.

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah letting the mouthpiece sit in the unit as it heats is a must to get it in there tight. if i fuck up and forget i will sometimes run the pump for 10-20 seconds to push some hot air through it to to heat the mp up b4 loading crucible and using it so its not all wiggly, falling off and leaking vapor during use. - whether using bags or whip/direct.

and man i need to get a new tube to use with my HA. ive owned it like 10 months but have yet to try it through water. i imagine revaping abv would be a lot more tolerable thru water.

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Learner: the Teflon bag mouthpiece will fit directly onto 14mm downstem nicely. You will get a goodenough seal to drain a bag easily through a bong. However, the ha excels at direct draw vapebonging! No bags, no worries man! I don't understand why you would blowa bag then bong it, on the volcano it makes sense because you cant direct draw from it.

Charliedontsurf:
He'll yah! Finally someone agrees with me! I posted almost the same instructions in a 'newbie with general and random vaporizer ?'s, thread. The ha is the best do itall vape there is! I will agree that there are better vaporizers out there for getting Tasty Vapes out of your material, but the sheer number and thickness of clouds, allows me to overlook that aspect.

Stiener666:

My mouthpiece is useless until it heats up. I usually turn on the ha, load a crucible, then put it and the mouthpiece ion/on the ha, let it sit until I just start to see Vapes coming out the mouthpiece, then the fun begins!

When you say tube do you mean a bong, or the whip tube? Water is cheap man, just fill up your 'tube' for water filtrated hits, silly! Otherwise, I say forget the whip and hit It directly off the mouthpiece!

notmyrealUSERname said:
He'll yah! Finally someone agrees with me! I posted almost the same instructions in a 'newbie with general and random vaporizer ?'s, thread. The ha is the best do itall vape there is! I will agree that there are better vaporizers out there for getting Tasty Vapes out of your material, but the sheer number and thickness of clouds, allows me to overlook that aspect.

Yeah, it's kooky how many -clouds- I can get, not wispy crap ones but real ones, out of so little. It seems like a single lotus scoop will do like 15 of them, with a 5-5-5 pattern starting at 355, then ramping to 375, then 400, then dumped because the ABV is worthless. I'd get like 6 out of my glass vaporgenie, maybe like 8 out of the Magickwand, 6 out of the DBV. These are all approximations which draw on memory, it's not like I've lined them up and done a Pepsi challenge type thing. Before someone runs out and buys an HA based on what I've said, I'll also note that I think parts of its design are, ironically, inherently wasteful and inefficient if you don't use proper technique.

robert denby

just an update guys,
i sent out my unit to herbalaire on friday afternoon and this morning i get an email from them indicating they have shipped the new unit already.
i also asked them to relay to me what they discover as my curiosity has been peaked.
such speedy and caring service!

robert denby,

dorkus_molorkus

hi all,

I have had my HA for less than 2weeks & its my 1st vape & I love it.
but I find sometimes it makes me cough heaps & heaps. Someone sugessted a waterpipe might help.

But I dont have a clue on what to buy, or even where to buy. Is there a type of glass bong that I can just pick up the HA & jam it in the stem of a bong & rip away?

there are no shops in my town that sell bongs etc, so I guess I'll have to buy online. Can anyone reccommend a good glass bong that I can use with my HA by turning it upside down & whacking it in the stem??

dorkus_molorkus,
Top Bottom