Discontinued herbalAire

steiner666

Serial vapist
dorkus_molorkus said:
hi all,

I have had my HA for less than 2weeks & its my 1st vape & I love it.
but I find sometimes it makes me cough heaps & heaps. Someone sugessted a waterpipe might help.

But I dont have a clue on what to buy, or even where to buy. Is there a type of glass bong that I can just pick up the HA & jam it in the stem of a bong & rip away?

there are no shops in my town that sell bongs etc, so I guess I'll have to buy online. Can anyone reccommend a good glass bong that I can use with my HA by turning it upside down & whacking it in the stem??

I personally plan on getting one of the EHLE 250ml tubes off everyonedoesit.uk in the near future, unless something nice pops up in the FC resell thread between now and then, or if i find something nice on etsy from someone willing to risk shipping to my stupidass state. I havent tried it yet, but from what i hear, more and more people are preferring to use the HA with a bong as you are describing, sticking it directly into the downstem. I'm pretty sure i heard that 14mm or 18mm connections work with it, but you might want to wait for confirmation from someone with first hand exp.

Until then, i'd recommend starting at a lower temp and SLOWLY work your way up as needed. Thinner vapor, as well as lower temp vapor, will be much easier on your airways. Also, if you're doing direct inhale you might want to try doing bags instead. What i used to do is do direct inhale from like 350F to 370-375F and then do bags after that point because it just gets too hot and unpleasant otherwise. I definitely have been wanting to use water filtration lately...

Egzoset

Banned
Hi there!

Well, for all practical purposes, i'll have to admit i'm no "direct" toker at all. This means if i'm to try a water toy it's the bag i'm going to connect to it instead of the vaporizer itself... So, if i'm not mistaking, the bag valve of a Zephyr iOn should happen to fit on a 5/16" (I.D.) 7/16" (O.D.) tube which i know will fit nicely on a HerbalAire 3/16" (I.D.) 5/16" (O.D.) tube.

Here's the valve i just mentioned above:

zephyrvalve.jpg

That information widens the spectrum of suitable glassware. Good luck!

:peace:

Egzoset,
...OR you could just place the mouthpiece of your Herbalaire against a 14mm GonG joint and inhale, thus avoiding all that unnecessary bag blowing and condensation.

A 18.8mm will be too large, you will need a downstep converter which can be had pretty inexpensively.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: MG23

Egzoset

Banned
Pardon me if i'm wrong but i believe the configuration which you refer to was illustrated a few pages ago already:

Egzoset,

dorkus_molorkus

Egzoset said:
Pardon me if i'm wrong but i believe the configuration which you refer to was illustrated a few pages ago already:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u108/Ooliebird/1228001101.jpg

thanks for that. i did read this thread when I was researching my original purchase, but havent read it again since. i must have missed that bit. I really just wanted to confirm an exact match for the herbalaire, I was worried I would buy online & then find the HA stem & the stem on the bong wouldnt marry up well.

the advice on the EHLE bong was exactly what I was looking for. Just buy 'that'one & it will fit sort of thing.

I also think I may have found a local supplier I can purchase from as well. There a bit hard to find here, all bongs etc are not allowed to be displayed or advertised. So, you basically have to ask any tobacconist if they stock them. Most dont, but some do.

cheers for the help guys. you have set me on the path I was looking for.

dorkus_molorkus

OMG, I have finally found vaping nirvana!
Its true, the HA2.1 is a vapebong champion.

I've found ive been combusting a bit, just because I wasnt getting the sort of lung gratification from the HA that smoking gives me.

Then my mate bought a SSV last week & I really liked it (pretty satisfying clouds). but still wished for the bong aspect/ritual I guess, and didnt have the dough for a SSV 3 weeks after I bought the HA.

The HA via the whip (bags are a pain in the lounge room) was making me cough up a lung once or twice a day.

So, I just today picked up a bitchin blaze blue perculator glass bong with a glass 14 connection, then drilled out the teflon stem on the HA for more airflow, and jammed that badboy in there.

I vaped 2 small crucibles & pulled quite a few nice clouds & one or 2 really good ones. I was surpised actually how many pulls resulted in visible vapor for a smallish bit of herb. I then spent sometime dancing around the lounge room hi-fiving jesus, laughing like an idiot, toasted like a motherfucker.

Then went to my shed & threw away my crappy combusting bong & anything associated with combusitng.

This truly is the bomb, I just crank the temp up a bit more than normal, the perc bong is amazing (this is my 1st experience with decent sort of glass, assuming this bong is decent).

Really, really happy. i was worried I wouldnt be able to stick to the vaping.

I think maybe for real, I might be able to quit smoking for good.
blaze blue perc, I think I love you. You saved my new relationship with my HA.(who would have thought
a 3-some would be the answer to ones problems?)

once again, thanks for the advice everyone.

mrfloopa

Vappy
dorkus_molorkus said:
The HA via the whip (bags are a pain in the lounge room) was making me cough up a lung once or twice a day.

Does that mean the hits were too hot? Too big? To hard to draw?

mrfloopa,

dorkus_molorkus

hi mrfloopa,
I dont know why exactly. I would have said too hot, but as i have just bought a nice bong to stop me coughing, which didnt work. maybe not

Im still coughing like a mofo pulling on the bong & the vapor is going thru 2 lots of water.
So I guess the answer is irritant. But, I did not cough too much when i was combusting. (Other than the usual smokers cough, but not coughing everytime I lit up)

Thats sort of what it feels like though, an irritant.

The HA whip just wasnt giving me much in the way of gratification and I coughed like a bitch.
The new bong & modified HA stem gives me loads of gratification, but I still cough.
Decided I Dont care, the new bong & HA combo rocks. If they can have good fats/ bad fats, good cholesterol/ bad cholesterol. Then fuck, this is good coughing as far as I'm concerned.

Got to cough to get off, as the old saying goes.

Funny thing though, I am still coughing like a seasoned smoker, but my lungs do actually feel better from smoking less recently. I go to take a deep breath of air & my chest feels less heavy. I hope that will get better as I leave my combusting ways behind me.

Anyway, only had the HA not even 3weeks, the new bong barely 24hrs.
shit could change, give me fits of coughing all the time, I might hate it in a week or 2.

But at the mo, its the bomb

OO

Technical Skeptical
i don't think the coughing fits will go away, the whip quenches them quite well though.

i still get them from bags and bongs, but my lungs are great.

my lungs were never bad in the first place though.

OO,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
My full review is still a week away (harvest is imminent).

The whip just hasn't worked for me. Maybe a bigger one would. Once everything is rady, I have a weekend of vapor bonging in my near future. Direct Draw is my weapon of choice at the moment.

As for the coughing, I hate to question anyones quality, but if it wasn't flushed properly, it could cause coughing. I know herb is an expectorant, but there is a school of thought that the coughing is associated with unwanted chemicals i.e. chemical nutrients, salt buildup etc. I'm on the fence about it. I know a good flush and cure usually take the cough factor out of combustion for me.

I fucking love the HA, even with the limited use so far.

Magic, the whip the HA ships with is for sure a complete joke. The level of airflow is laughable and is only good for making yourself blue in the face. Some DBV-style tubing and a hose clamp are far superior, or some middle ground between them.

Important question for the HA vapebongers out there: has drilling out your mouthpiece increased airflow and hit quality? I figured the air intake (where the airpump connects) is the real air chokepoint on the HA. If I can get an endorsement or two I'm going to hit up the workshop as soon as I get home and drill, baby drill!

charliedontsurf,

dorkus_molorkus

charlie,

I was shitting myself when I took the drill to the HA teflon stem. I had to check on the HA website to be sure i could get another one if it all went astray.

well, I am pulling the most bitchin clouds with my new bong. I was at my mates house today who just bought a SSV last week. We had a few hits on that, later he was at my place & we had a few hits on the
HA with the perc bong.

When he got his SSV last week, I was jealous. The hits were so much better than I was getting with the HA & the poxy excuse for a whip that comes as standard.

Yeah well, now hes the fucker who's jealous. Vapebonging with the HA & drilled out stem has me pulling nice cloudy hits that are bigger, denser hits than he can get with his SSV.

and not only that, I'm getting more hits from the same amount of herb than he can.

I have only 3 concerns, one is the coughing fits that seem to come & go as it pleases.
two is the fact that the fastest I can manage to vape a bowl is about 15-20mins. thats heat up to finish, thats for a small one. far too long if you are vaping every hour or so. makes for a large slice of ones day for the potheads.

and the third is most unexpected............... the vapor makes the bong stink & the taste of the hits is
fucking rank. I have no way to explain the taste & smell. but to go from dirty combustion bongs to the tastiest vapor ive ever had, & then to the smell & taste coming from this bong & the bong water from vaping is some freaky shit.

Apart from those things, its seems that with the drilled out stem, the HA was made for vapebonging.

but i am pretty well a vape newb, I hope someone who really knows their shit will post thier
experiences here.

But honestly, the difference between drilling and not drilling was me quite significant.
I didnt think the HA was working properly till I drilled the mofo, now it works just peachy!:D

sorry- didnt address your question, the drilling has increased airflo a fair bit, as well as the quality of the hits. i thought the same as you in regards to the valve at the back, but the airflo is seriously better by drilling.
Just mho so-far

steiner666

Serial vapist
one thing i think youll want to look out for when widening the airpath is that you dont suck so hard that the temp controller has trouble, compensating for it, which causes temp to dip below desired range (led turns green during hit) and results in thinner hits. ive not don this myself, but im guessint it would happen. i think narrowness of ha airpath is part of how it puts ou such consistant clouds, cause it forces you to take slower steadier hits. maybe is just from all my time using log vapes lately, but i find airflow of ha (aside from when using stock whip) to be high enough.

as to coughing from vapor, temp ramp slowly from lower startinand go for thinner, smaller hits. dont fill lungs to near full capacity, leave some room to chase vapor with some air at end of hit. cause vapor is a lot more potent, so lots more thc per hit. new vappist almost always start out chasing clouds tht resembled smke and t reqlize howwasteful and comparatively harsh they really are later on. :2c:

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
When he got his SSV last week, I was jealous. The hits were so much better than I was getting with the HA & the poxy excuse for a whip that comes as standard.

Yeah well, now hes the fucker who's jealous. Vapebonging with the HA & drilled out stem has me pulling nice cloudy hits that are bigger, denser hits than he can get with his SSV.

and not only that, I'm getting more hits from the same amount of herb than he can.

BAMM!! i was quite tempted to buy a dbv/ssv before i bought my ha. i am so glad i didn't, whipless, efficient hits, big clouds, and massive heat retention!

i found that drilling out the mouthpiece is only necessary if you have a very draggy bong, i.e. it takes some effort to move the water in the piece in order to get a satisfying pull. bongs that hold more water will usually have more drag. however, you results may vary depending on the type of bong, and how hard you actually draw through it. every piece i have hits a little different. however, no matter how big, or how long i pull, i have never been able to 'green light' my HA. i think that is due to the excellent heat retention of the ha, afterall it is designed to blow bags.

i have no idea why the vapor would make your bong stink dorkus_molorkus. you still need to clean it everyonce in a while. iso, and salt works good. i can't stand vaping out of a bong that has been recently smoked out of. the residual stink ruins the tasty vapes, even if you have changed the water. proper cleaning is key!

i also agree that 15 - 20 mins is how long a proper vapebong session will take. which is why i only get to use my ha every once in a while. i use the supreme vape for quick devastating hits. i can complete a session in 5 mins, including packing/unpacking.

as far as coughing goes, i cough more now then i ever did when i combusted. not really sure why this is. i think that the vapes tend to be 'drier' than smoking. vapes also seem to congest the top part of my lungs, whereas, all of my lungs would hurt after combustion. however, i will say that my lungs feel healthier, more effective, and less sore the next am, now that i vape.

dorkus_molorkus

' however, no matter how big, or how long i pull, i have never been able to 'green light' my HA. i think that is due to the excellent heat retention of the ha, afterall it is designed to blow bags. ''

I cant green light mine either.
I have found that I turn mine up to the max & hit it pretty hard. More gentle pulling gets better clouds though, but I forget & ripp on into the fucker & it just keeps up. I am still amazed at the amount of visible vapor I am getting at any temp for a tiny bit of herb. I am going to start weighing a few bowls before i vape just to see what sort of economy its really getting.

I cant say I am consuming less, in fact I am consuming the same as combusting. But its still a new toy, and I am hittin it hard at the mo.

the bong is/ was brand new, all glass . 2days old now, and i am changing the water twice a day. it still stinks, but it i think it might be settling down. its still pretty rank tho

Its the weirdest thing.
I bought some lemon essence to put in the water to try & help it.
havent tried it yet. will give it a go later.

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: MG23

aGrandma

I just got the herbalaire - my first vaporizer. I'm having trouble using it- please advise me if you can. At first we put some loose inexpensive herb in it and it seemed to work really well with the whip. But when we try the very expensive buds we don't get good vapor! We've already wasted a lot $$$. It burns up and turns brown but never gave a good vapor. We don't grind it, we put in about 2-3 pea-sized chunks. Turn the temp to about 350 and try it when the light turns amber. After trying a few times, we turn it up a little until it's up to 375 - and never get a good vapor using the whip. What are we doing wrong? Thanks in advance.:|

aGrandma,

steiner666

Serial vapist
aGrandma said:
I just got the herbalaire - my first vaporizer. I'm having trouble using it- please advise me if you can. At first we put some loose inexpensive herb in it and it seemed to work really well with the whip. But when we try the very expensive buds we don't get good vapor! We've already wasted a lot $$$. It burns up and turns brown but never gave a good vapor. We don't grind it, we put in about 2-3 pea-sized chunks. Turn the temp to about 350 and try it when the light turns amber. After trying a few times, we turn it up a little until it's up to 375 - and never get a good vapor using the whip. What are we doing wrong? Thanks in advance.:|

thats odd. try putting a screen down on top of the load in the crucible to hold the herb in place close to heat source. if youre using small pieces it could just be that they're floating around in the crucible from the air turbulence. i've noticed that the HA works best with an amount that is able to cover the bottom screen, which is why i like it so much for mids, but prefer the narrow, smaller stem sizes of the log style vapes for the high quality stuff. maybe try grinding the little bits up and use the extra screen, and maybe start at 365F or so cause thats where vapor really starts to get put out good.

mrfloopa

Vappy
steiner666 said:
I find airflow of ha (aside from when using stock whip) to be high enough.

I've noticed that it is pretty standard to change the whip to a wider diameter tube, but I must have missed a couple of points. Also, a couple random questions.

What do you guys use to adapt the wider hose to the HA? I noticed posts mentioning a cork... is that pretty much what people decided on, or were there alternatives?
If I get the tubing at a store that sells tubing (or if y'all have), what do you use for the mouthpiece? I wouldn't mind sucking on straight silicon, but if there is any specific setup that can be recommended so I don't have to figure out measurements and adaptations from scratch, I would greatly appreciate it.

And is the stock whip really useless? Even if used with the pump? I am used to my wdz draws, and find it hard to imagine hits from the whip being so bad they make you blue-faced, but I understand it must be extremely difficult. The sucker does look incredibly thin.

With a new whip set-up, I know it will not be as amazing as something like a dedicated whip vape, but would I need to buy a separate vape for the occasional get-so-high-you-forget-the-world(giggle fits kinda thing), or would the bags/modified whip suffice? I know the common tongue is that all that changes is the length of time it takes to get where you're going, but I still feel that my WDZ can never get me to that blazed feeling I sometimes want and have gotten with my friends DBV, even after seemingly countless stems. The same with my EZ vape (I know, I know)--it is a cheap china vape, but the basic mechanics are the same, and I find that it ends up just wasting whatever I put in it and producing nothing.

mrfloopa,

Corleone

Hello

I've had my HA for about a year and half, now I'm wondering if anyone knows the amount of WATTS the pump uses. I live in Canada, and want to connect it to my Car lighter. I was thinking of buying two separate adapters because they are cheaper.

the adapter I'm looking at is 75 watts it;s only 9 dollars, but it only has the one outlet, that's why I was going to buy two adapters.

Or should I just spend the extra 20 dollars and get the 300 watt, double outlet adapter.

thanks

Corleone,

max

Out to lunch
The air pump requirement should be minimal. The SSV only draws 25W maximum so one that's good for 75 should be fine.

max,

Corleone

Well the bottom of my unit said 60 watts, but you're saying that the pump would be less than that... okay great I'll get two cheap converters then.

Corleone,

max

Out to lunch
Corleone said:
Well the bottom of my unit said 60 watts, but you're saying that the pump would be less than that... okay great I'll get two cheap converters then.
Maybe it uses more than the SSV. Can't say for sure. I do know the SSV says 50W, but I know for a fact that it uses 25.25W maximum. That info comes straight from the company owner.

Top Bottom