Discontinued herbalAire

OF

Hey, guys, where are you getting version 2.2s? Being color blind the red/green LED is useless to me and they want too much to upgrade my 2.1 so I'm thinking replacing it.

So, please, where did you get the 2.2 and at what price?

TIA

OF

OF,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I got mine at planetvape for 220 on the dot with the FC discount

CentiZen,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
OF said:
Hey, guys, where are you getting version 2.2s? Being color blind the red/green LED is useless to me and they want too much to upgrade my 2.1 so I'm thinking replacing it.

So, please, where did you get the 2.2 and at what price?

TIA

OF

Dont buy a 2.2 from those other sites.. I got mine on amazon $185 with shipping and you can get them for cheaper like 170 i think, I guess almost every dealer on amazon selling herbalaire's is automatically upgrading people to 2.2. Personally i got mine from VaporizerKing on amazon, they were great with customer service too!

http://www.amazon.com/HerbalAire-v2...3OESRQKUF10XF&s=generic&qid=1329804109&sr=1-1

If you read the product reviews it shows a couple people saying they automatically got upgraded to 2.2's but if you want to make sure send the dealer an email and ask.

Kevdog420,

OF

Kevdog420 said:
Dont buy a 2.2 from those other sites.. I got mine on amazon $185 with shipping and you can get them for cheaper like 170 i think, I guess almost every dealer on amazon selling herbalaire's is automatically upgrading people to 2.2. Personally i got mine from VaporizerKing on amazon, they were great with customer service too!

http://www.amazon.com/HerbalAire-v2...3OESRQKUF10XF&s=generic&qid=1329804109&sr=1-1

If you read the product reviews it shows a couple people saying they automatically got upgraded to 2.2's but if you want to make sure send the dealer an email and ask.

Thanks very much. Having bought my 2.1 at Amazon, I went there first but only found 2.1s listed, didn't think of reading the reviews (I knew all that, right??). Checking directly with the vendor is good advice it seems.

Now, if the BIL will only decide he likes it so I can make him an offer he can't turn down (discount the shipping and IMO large upgrade fee I don't have to deal with, say $100?), I order a new 2.2 and everyone wins....

OF

OF,

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
Just joined FC and I'm looking for a new vape and just previously had the EQ since Aug 2011 until a tragic, unspeakable event occurred and it is no longer with me. Now that I am moving on and looking for another vape the herbalaire is one of the vapes I am interested in. I did a cursory look through this thread and have read about the superb effieciency but the not so great draw you get from the whip by itself. Is the drop off between elbow packs with the EQ and the whip of the herb that much and can the gap be fixed by buying new tubing, connecting to a glass bong, etc? Any input and advice is much appreciated.

JustOnCloud9,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

It seems like you've missed a few spots...

There's no issue with the airflow if you replace the whip hardware the way i did.

No doubt others are satisfied with similar personalisations too.

:peace:

Egzoset,

OF

Egzoset said:
Hi,

It seems like you've missed a few spots...

There's no issue with the airflow if you replace the whip hardware the way i did.

No doubt others are satisfied with similar personalisations too.

Yup. Dumping the wimpy 'aquarium tubing' the factory sends for some larger diameter silicon tube made all the difference in the world to this mode. I used a short piece of tube large enough to slip over the whole 'mouthpiece' with the next size down (about half an inch) tube stuck in the end of that maybe 2 feet long (probably more, closer to 3). Sorry to be vague, but the whole kit is on loan right now.

The mouthpiece also sits directly in a 14mm water pipe (invert the HA, it works fine upside down) if that's your pleasure. Or blow bags, that skinny tube works fine if the pump is pushing the air rather than your lungs pulling it.

Neat and flexible machine.

OF

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

OF said:
Neat and flexible machine.

I've been quite satisfied with it myself lately.

:science:

For me the next step would have to do with its thermostat and my guess is this won't be upgraded in a way that would please me before a competitor is ready to kick it down. This was the best i could afford 1 year ago, i'm curious to see how much longer this will remain true but i'm in no hurry to find out.

Que Sera, sera!...

Egzoset,

OF

Egzoset said:
For me the next step would have to do with its thermostat and my guess is this won't be upgraded in a way that would please me before a competitor is ready to kick it down.

Interesting. It's not actually a thermostat, of course, but rather it seems a pretty advanced thermal controller not normally found on consumer gear (seems to be PID to me based on it's response to load changes??).

Anyway, what exactly did you see as the improvement to be made? All I can see is it might be nice to go a few dozen degrees higher for those looking to milk the top end?

TIA

OF

OF,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

OF said:
It's not actually a thermostat... ... Anyway, what exactly did you see as the improvement to be made?

I'd be most curious to know what you are willing to call a thermostat as it would be quite difficult for me to find the right choice of words to proceed with the rest of your reply otherwise. Here's how i view thermostatic regulation in general terms:

2z5k77p.jpg

Please explain how our definitions differ.

Egzoset,

OF

Egzoset said:
Hi,

OF said:
It's not actually a thermostat... ... Anyway, what exactly did you see as the improvement to be made?

I'd be most curious to know what you are willing to call a thermostat as it would be quite difficult for me to find the right choice of words to proceed with the rest of your reply otherwise. Here's how i view thermostatic regulation in general terms:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2z5k77p.jpg

Please explain how our definitions differ.

A thermostat is a mechanical switch. On or off. To work it has to have a "dead band". Consider your home heater. Say it's 60 degrees in the room and you set the thermostat for 70 so the heat comes on. The room warms up, reaches 70 and the heater shuts down. In the real world there's retained heat that needs considering, but for now let's ignore that part but assume the temperature is at least high enough above 70 to click the switch off. As cooling starts, what do you do? Can't switch back on at 69.9 degrees. So the solution is hysteresis (AKA 'dead band'). You actually shut off at say 72 degrees and then don't switch back on until it drops to 68. In your home unit, this is usually done with a magnet or in the old days a shift of the puddle in a Mercury switch. All in all, not all that stable nor responsive to changes like say opening a window.

Consider the curse control in your car with this system. Coast, then full throttle, then coast, then full blast.... We need something better for such systems. This is the sort of control used on HA (but not I think on most others). Like your car, it comes to temperature quickly through pure horsepower. The heater wide open would get into trouble. However, the rate of rise is watched to anticipate the future. This is done dynamically, that is as it's actually happening by a computer. The best we can do in the thermostat system is to take a wild stab at it under given conditions. Advanced thermostats have an adjustable heater in them for this use that artificially heats the box a bit, called the anticipatator. It's adjusted on installation and left at that setting.

Anyway, in cruse controls and HAs the difference between what should happen (how fast, hot or whatever) compared to what is happening is a value not a yes/no decision and to this more advanced systems add a time related rate of change correction to this which then becomes a proportional signal (not on/off) that controls the power. This allows your car to handle hills and dales as they happen and your favorite vape to not balk when you draw hard on it or overshoot badly when you quickly set it down. Way past thermostats. In fact about as good as it comes. PID controls (what we're talking about here) are pretty much state of the art. Once fitted properly the only possible improvement is in 'fine tuning' the system.

Like I said, all I see 'wrong' is maybe it should go a little higher in temperature? Otherwise it gets to temperature amazingly fast and holds it very well under changing loads as I see it. Hard to ask for more.

OF

OF,

onigiri1692

samirfuzzywuzzy said:
Nice work onigiri! looks very familiar

Thanks, I only copy the best ;)

On another note, what is everybody using to store/carry their Herbalaire and accessories? Right now I am using a old craft box, but I want something that looks more professional and am having a hard time finding anything suitable. Here is what my storage box currently looks like. Also what about keeping the cord tidy while in storage, rubberbands are annoying...anyone use something else?

1eyuG.jpg

onigiri1692,

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
Thanks. I'm probably going to buy a herbalaire since i see a great price for a new one on ebay for 175. Seller has great reputation as well. I still have my whip from the EQ and I have a friend with a solo so i can ask for a stem from him. Was wondering if its worth buying the upgraded pump tho. being a broke college student $75 is alot. But having the EQ previously and how slow it was with bags, and how quick my friends volcano is, it's worth the splurge if the pump is that much more better and cann fill a bag in a minute or less.

JustOnCloud9,

Egzoset

Banned
A "knob" which you can replace for a 2-speed one (not including the "Off" position): 50 % means 2 x as thick a bag...

:2c:

Egzoset,

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
googled active aqua and the prices are cheaper which works for me. any recommendation on the which one? they range obviously 160 gph to 1000 gph on the first age i looked on google shopping. I'm not sure also that having the most powerful one would be the best either since I still want dense bags of vapor not hot air. Trying to find that perfect balance of under 1 min to fill and dense vapor bag. also tetra pump just sounds really cool haha like one of the parts that would make up a farnsworth doomsday device

JustOnCloud9,

onigiri1692

samirfuzzywuzzy said:
which tetra pump is that in the picture?
It is a Tetra whisper 60. Not the best and a little louder then a whisper, but I bought it on short notice at a pet smart years ago the day I received my HA. It fills up a reynolds turkey bag balloon with nice thick vapor, which is like 3x as big as a stock bag in about 3-4 minutes which isn't bad.

The original pump that came with my HA was complete garbage, this was before they came out with the upgraded stock pump and the heavy duty one HA now offers. The original pump took at least 3 or 4 minutes to fill up the stock balloons, which is completely ridiculous...that means something like 10 minutes for a turkey bag to fill up.

I do like the idea of a pump with an adjustable knob though, I might have to upgrade mine soon. Samir, do you have a activeaqua pump? I like the idea of it but the reviews on amazon aren't the greatest.

edit: This might be the pump I am going to upgrade to or possibly a faster model. It is adjustable and according to amazon reviews is much quieter and more powerful then the comparative tetra pump. I don't really know what size I would get though, supposably this model is the competitor to the tetra 60. I have bought the companies dog products previously and can vouch for their great quality.
http://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Compan...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1330124171&sr=1-8

edit2: A little more research found that this model has a maximum flow of 200 litres/hr at zero back pressure, which is about 3.3 liters/min...so I think it might be suitable for our uses, don't think there is a need to go bigger.

My calculations also show that a reynolds turkey bag has a volume of approximitly 2.3 liters, meaning this pump will fill the bag theoretically in 41.69664 seconds at its maximum...Remember this does not take into account the back pressure that the HA unit will produce, but regardless I think it is time for an upgrade :D

onigiri1692,

onigiri1692

ilikesnacks said:
looks like this whip setup would work for use with the HA as well, ?

http://www.planetvape.ca/magic-flight-silicone-whip-tube-party.html

That is correct, MFLB mouthpieces/whips fit into the stock HA teflon mouthpiece.

Although I would suggest making a whip yourself, as I outlined above. In my opinion it would be a better whip and it would be about the same price. First you get 10 feet of silicone tubing ($10.60) so you can easily replace the tubing when it gets dirty/worn out, then either use the teflon straw or a MFLB straw mouthpiece to connect the tubing to the HA and finally use what ever mouthpiece at the other end of the tubing as you see fit. You can use another MFLB straw, the HA straw, the HA balloon mouthpiece, or an Arizer glass mouthpiece.

You will get better airflow, more tubing, and simply a better whip if you build one yourself, all at the same price point as the MFLB whip. :2c:

Top Bottom