Discontinued herbalAire

OF

onigiri1692 said:
@darkrom: I sometimes let my bag sit around for 30 minutes before I end up finishing it. I fill up a bag (reynolds turkey oven bag), put on a tv show and toke from the bag throughout the show. What I notice happening after a while is the vapor tends to get less dense as it sits in the bag, perhaps because the vapor ends up sticking to the bag as it sits longer and longer. I would say 30 minutes is the max to have vapor sitting around in a bag, 10 minutes is no problem.

Vapor also does get staler/more tasteless as it sits around as well. Although I don't see how this is a issue as when you use bags you already lose most of the flavor as opposed to using a whip or something similar.

Another point to make is even then, when the high priced goodness we crave is stuck to the walls long ago, all is not lost. Some folks (Brits it seems? Go figure....) cut the bag into strips and make hot chocolate out of it (high fat content milk, please). Other folks pop a bird and some veggies in the bag and make dinner.....you decide who you invite over.....

OF

Edit: You know, I think the guys that make Magic Coco out of it fish the strips of bag out before serving. Then again, they are Brits..... OF

OF,

onigiri1692

OF said:
Another point to make is even then, when the high priced goodness we crave is stuck to the walls long ago, all is not lost. Some folks (Brits it seems? Go figure....) cut the bag into strips and make hot chocolate out of it (high fat content milk, please). Other folks pop a bird and some veggies in the bag and make dinner.....you decide who you invite over.....

OF

Edit: You know, I think the guys that make Magic Coco out of it fish the strips of bag out before serving. Then again, they are Brits..... OF

Wow never thought of doing that with my sticky used bags, thanks for the idea. I think I may try extracting all the sticky goodness with everclear next time I need to clean my whip and other HA parts...should make for a nice oil.

onigiri1692,

OF

onigiri1692 said:
OF said:

OF

Wow never thought of doing that with my sticky used bags, thanks for the idea. I think I may try extracting all the sticky goodness with everclear next time I need to clean my whip and other HA parts...should make for a nice oil.

You're welcome. Please remember, it's not my idea. The Brits did it.....they're over that way....

The way I see it it must get mighty boring there sometimes, they sure come up with different stuff to amuse each other. Like that driving on the other side thing.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: ugobo

onigiri1692

OF said:
You're welcome. Please remember, it's not my idea. The Brits did it.....they're over that way....

The way I see it it must get mighty boring there sometimes, they sure come up with different stuff to amuse each other. Like that driving on the other side thing.....

OF
Haha, that is a funny way to put it, you gotta love the middle men of the world. You don't happen to be French by chance?

onigiri1692,

Egzoset

Banned
darkrom said:
Egzoset said:
darkrom said:
How long would you say you can let the bags sit and cool before the vapor starts to get shitty?

Would you define "shitty" please???

I was hoping you guys would be here to tell me just that.

Please allow me to remind you that this particular choice of word isn't mine, hence i just can't provide an answer to a question which i can't figure out what it is about for sure...

A guess is all the Frenchman in me can attempt to share with you, under the circumstances:

Reclaim from bag

A better understanding of "shitty" things might help.

:2c:

Egzoset,

OF

onigiri1692 said:
OF said:

OF
Haha, that is a funny way to put it, you gotta love the middle men of the world. You don't happen to be French by chance?

Naw, I'm a Yank. Worked with a flock of 'em for a long time though.....got away just in time.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
How often do you guys replace the bags? In any unit of measurement you want, months/weeks?, x amount of uses etc.

I have no problem ordering replacement bags often, and for some reason I highly doubt I'll reclaim anything from them. Its a good idea, but I just don't know that I'll want to reclaim from those bags personally.

darkrom,

onigiri1692

darkrom said:
How often do you guys replace the bags? In any unit of measurement you want, months/weeks?, x amount of uses etc.

I have no problem ordering replacement bags often, and for some reason I highly doubt I'll reclaim anything from them. Its a good idea, but I just don't know that I'll want to reclaim from those bags personally.
Replace them when they start to leak.

onigiri1692,

samirfuzzywuzzy

I replace them when they start to stick together. When you empty a bag it should repopulate it self with a little air after you set it down...if it doesn't then its probably sticking to it self inside. A simple blow gets it unstuck but at that point "I" am ready to get rid of it.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

onigiri1692

Yeah, when you change out your bags is more of a personal preference then anything. Aside from bags eventually leaking the only other affect I have noticed of reusing bags is that the plastic tends to get harder and more brittle (also meaning they get louder, similar to the sound of a potato chip bag).

For me if I were to replace bags as samir does, it would mean a new bag every couple of uses, which to me is quite a waste as I don't see many negatives from keeping them around longer. Then again we use different types of bags so things might be different (he uses the toppits volcano bags I believe).

The bags also tend to change the flavor of the vapor the longer they are used, the vapor starts to taste and smell more and more like the vapor resin that builds up on the HA parts, so again when to replace bags is more of a personal choice.

onigiri1692,

OF

So thanks to the information kindly provided by my fellow forum members, I've upgraded my V2.1 to a V2.2....I can now 'see' the color of the indicator, making it more useful.

This led to my rediscovering direct draw mode, of late I've just been blowing bags. So I revived an idea I had a year or so back when I got the original, vaping hash. Specifically bubble hash. It works great!

First, get a replacement crucible (sets of four are cheap, it's nice to have a spare or two standing by anyway IMO). And buy a pair (the way they come) of the stainless steel 'brillo pads' sold for the Volcano for 'liquid concentrates'. The pad is actually a wadded up tube woven of fine wire. Pull off 6 or 8 inches of it and stuff it in a new crucible. Adjust as needed, you want a pad 1/8 inch or so like was when you got it. This provides surface to 'soak up' leaks but doesn't offer much resistance to airflow.

Then put some hash on top, a tenth or so of a gram or more to taste. Cover with a fine half inch mesh (SS seems 'right' somehow...) to keep the loose stuff from being blown up the pipe before it gets heated enough.

It goes and goes and goes. When it slows up, pry the screen up (easy when warm) and sprinkle some more in and go again. When it get's really nasty, boiling water and ISO soak will clean it up for more play....not that replacing the crucible and pad is really expensive.

A way way more practical way to vape bubble hash than the Revolution, if you've got the wall to plug it into of course.

Anyway, a new trick for this old dog....if that's the sort of stuff you like.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ugobo

darkrom

Great Scott!
Not enough hash around here, but next time some crosses my path I know what I'm trying. I would love to fill hash balloons :lol:

darkrom,
OF said:
And buy a pair (the way they come) of the stainless steel 'brillo pads' sold for the Volcano for 'liquid concentrates'. The pad is actually a wadded up tube woven of fine wire. Pull off 6 or 8 inches of it and stuff it in a new crucible. Adjust as needed, you want a pad 1/8 inch or so like was when you got it. This provides surface to 'soak up' leaks but doesn't offer much resistance to airflow.

I'm curious how you pulled apart the Volcano pad in detail.

charliedontsurf,

onigiri1692

charliedontsurf said:
OF said:
And buy a pair (the way they come) of the stainless steel 'brillo pads' sold for the Volcano for 'liquid concentrates'. The pad is actually a wadded up tube woven of fine wire. Pull off 6 or 8 inches of it and stuff it in a new crucible. Adjust as needed, you want a pad 1/8 inch or so like was when you got it. This provides surface to 'soak up' leaks but doesn't offer much resistance to airflow.

They are basically just heat-resistent steel wool made into a pad, I imagine it comes apart like a brillo pad. I have never actually pulled one apart but I have used them in my HA for hash and concentrates, and like OF said they work great. I also hear from others on FC that cotton works great in place of the volcano pad/steel wool, although I would be concerned with it combusting at higher temps.

onigiri1692,

OF

charliedontsurf said:

Like I said, it's a net like tube woven of a single strand. The section of tube is maybe a foot long and half an inch or so wide, flattened out, but can be expanded like a chain mail condom. Got the image?

I think they simply mash it into a cavity to make the pad. If you pull at it a bit with your fingernails you can peal a layer or two off and get it started. Then it just pulls apart. Then cut part of with good scissors and jam it in the crucible of your choice.

OF

OF,

onigiri1692

To all those using Solo Stems with their herbalAires, I think I may have found the perfect accessory to ensure a good, safe seal between the glass and the HA unit.

It is a silicone stopper (like for scientific glassware) that has a peak operating temperature of 428F (220C). The stopper is size 00 in the US or 15D in the european system and measures 10.5mm at the bottom and 14.5mm at the top. I measured my HA unit and I believe this is the optimal size for the stopper.

While the stopper in the following link does not have a hole through it, you can probably find some with holes, or you can just drill one yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/High-purity-s..._2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1330833663&sr=1-2

onigiri1692,
OF said:
charliedontsurf said:

Like I said, it's a net like tube woven of a single strand. The section of tube is maybe a foot long and half an inch or so wide, flattened out, but can be expanded like a chain mail condom. Got the image?

I think they simply mash it into a cavity to make the pad. If you pull at it a bit with your fingernails you can peal a layer or two off and get it started. Then it just pulls apart. Then cut part of with good scissors and jam it in the crucible of your choice.

OF

It IS like a chainmail condom! :lol:

That worked great OF, it might even be deserving of its own post/pictorial in the general vape section - you could make liquid pads for almost any vape with a deconstructed Volcano pad.

charliedontsurf,

OF

charliedontsurf said:
It IS like a chainmail condom! :lol:

That worked great OF, it might even be deserving of its own post/pictorial in the general vape section - you could make liquid pads for almost any vape with a deconstructed Volcano pad.

An interesting and intriguing idea. It'll take a lot of testing to confirm, of course.....know where we might be able to find a group of guys willing to take on the research? We couldn't afford to pay much, of course.......

OF

OF,

samirfuzzywuzzy

Yes onigiri i use the volcano roll of bags and those dont get sticky until bag fill number 30 or 35 when used at temps of 365 or less. (my findings)

30 fills on a decent size bag is not bad.

I use a piece of silicone hose between my ha and the ballon about 10" long and that takes most of the resin that would get in the bag. But ill tell you for sure that "ALL" bags will get "tainted" and "taint" new vapor.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Are the stock HA bags really THAT bad? I am hoping this shows up today, if not then it'll be here tomorrow.

I'll probably end up ordering those tokeez bags at some point to try and compare them to the oven bags first hand.

I'll be 100% honest I just think the 2 designs they offer are ridiculous choices and would add hilarity to the session. "What do I feel like vaping out of, guns, or shadows of naked women".

darkrom,
I had some stock HA bags and never gave them a second thought, they were fine.

The 3 box set of volcano bags off of ebay through Vapeworld's seller, warehoursegoods I think, is the best bet for a bag purchase right now.

I agree that the tokeez bags are absurd and hilarious, though I doubt that's what they were going for.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: MG23

darkrom

Great Scott!
charliedontsurf said:
I had some stock HA bags and never gave them a second thought, they were fine.

The 3 box set of volcano bags off of ebay through Vapeworld's seller, warehoursegoods I think, is the best bet for a bag purchase right now.

I agree that the tokeez bags are absurd and hilarious, though I doubt that's what they were going for.

Oh tokeez was going for thug life pimp mack daddies, but doesn't mean I can't laugh at it from my suburban life :D

I will probably try out a number of different bags, I've just heard horrible things about the HA stock bags. I'm glad they aren't as bad as I've heard. I hope it comes today!

darkrom,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
onigiri1692 said:
To all those using Solo Stems with their herbalAires, I think I may have found the perfect accessory to ensure a good, safe seal between the glass and the HA unit.

It is a silicone stopper (like for scientific glassware) that has a peak operating temperature of 428F (220C). The stopper is size 00 in the US or 15D in the european system and measures 10.5mm at the bottom and 14.5mm at the top. I measured my HA unit and I believe this is the optimal size for the stopper.

While the stopper in the following link does not have a hole through it, you can probably find some with holes, or you can just drill one yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/High-purity-s..._2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1330833663&sr=1-2

I'm not sure why fellow HA&SoloStem users would need this. I simply pack the solo stem and slide it into the crucible and the whole thing right into the HA per usual.. I've never had any sealing issues and it works great for DirectDraw and VapeBonging :/

Chance2Vape,

onigiri1692

Chance2Vape said:
I'm not sure why fellow HA&SoloStem users would need this. I simply pack the solo stem and slide it into the crucible and the whole thing right into the HA per usual.. I've never had any sealing issues and it works great for DirectDraw and VapeBonging :/
I gotcha, I was under the impression that a perfect seal was not achievable with just the stem with the HA and that one false move with the glass stem in the HA might mean breakage. Thanks for the heads up though, as I have been thinking of buying a solo stem to mix things up a bit.

+1 to warehousegoods on ebay, I have ordered numerous items from them and have never had a single problem.

Top Bottom