Herb Grinders

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
A feature I really like with the Lift and the Phoenicians is the quarter turn tech. I don't think I'd buy another grinder that didn't have this.
I agree, quarter turn kicks so much ass, there’s no way I’m ever going back to regular threads..! It’s one of those things you have no idea how much you’ll like it until you actually use it...

lazylathe

Almost there...
I agree, quarter turn kicks so much ass, there’s no way I’m ever going back to regular threads..! It’s one of those things you have no idea how much you’ll like it until you actually use it...

I love the 1/4 turn threading idea but hate my Lift grinder...
Even with the fine plate it is still too coarse for what I like.

My Kannastor Vape GR8TR is a perfect grind for me, just the threading drives me a bit nuts.
Not sure what the newer versions grind like though...

Bluehinder

Another $100 grinder anyone...?
Solid stainless steel:
3q5bozxrbuulgbwl.jpg

en0xv62q1ujt25qq.jpg

b28r57fjqfgesab0.jpg

428_photo_3911.jpg

https://www.herbripper.com/
https://www.instagram.com/herb_ripper
I bought two of these, the three and four piece. I was sorely disappointed and would never recommend these. both came with sharp burrs present on the machined holes that flipped off with a nudge. They were present on nearly inside surface. I've never seem this from the likes of SC, or SCS. How would you like that in your smoke? They also smelled of machine oil and were greasy. For nearly $200 it was the biggest mistake of the year for me. For reference I bought them directly from the web site.

almost there

I bought two of these, the three and four piece. I was sorely disappointed and would never recommend these. both came with sharp burrs present on the machined holes that flipped off with a nudge. They were present on nearly inside surface. I've never seem this from the likes of SC, or SCS. How would you like that in your smoke? They also smelled of machine oil and were greasy. For nearly $200 it was the biggest mistake of the year for me. For reference I bought them directly from the web site.
damn, sorry to hear that. That's a huge risk you took in buying 2 premium priced grinders from aN unknown party, have you contacted the maker to see what can be done?

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Bummer. Yeah, I’d definitely contact Kevin, the owner. He told me he’d buy it back if I didn’t like it and I told him I wasn’t looking to buy a new grinder...

Edit: You do realize that this is (probably) some kids’ first attempt at a product out of the back of his dad’s machine shop, or whatever, right...? From the sound of it, a few burrs and some machine oil wouldn’t ruin it for me and I’m sure I could easily fix that stuff up myself. The big questions for me are the operability and the output...

Last edited:
Bologna,

juxt

So, I received my Ripper today, and yes there are burrs. I don't mind that as much because I can clean that up and would before using it...but the fact that the machining is not perfect means that there are little ridges and pockets literally everywhere on the inside surface of the teeth and cap sections for material to get hung up in and on :/ I'm not going to grind anything in it until I clean the burrs but I'm concerned it's going to be a gunk magnet.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
You do realize that this is (probably) some kids’ first attempt at a product out of the back of his dad’s machine shop, or whatever, right..

I doubt it, a small operation would have more pride and make sure it is right, probably manufactured in China and assembled in the USA(the 2 halves put together :)) and there is no excuse for sending out dirty shit, ultrasonic cleaners are very cheap (I would not own one if they were not)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I doubt it, a small operation would have more pride and make sure it is right, probably manufactured in China and assembled in the USA(the 2 halves put together :)) and there is no excuse for sending out dirty shit, ultrasonic cleaners are very cheap (I would not own one if they were not)
I don’t agree with you at all. What I think we have here is someone that probably never initially considered the vaping market and had no idea how particular it’s consumers can be.

You really think these are made in China?? Haha.

“Herbripper
Hey guys, I have been getting some good and some back feedback on this grinder. Since this was my first go around, I knew there would be flaws, I just didn’t know what they would be. I wish I had a ton of money to sink into research but unfortunately I don’t.

If anybody here received a grinder and is not totally satisfied with it, I will buy it back 100%. Please email me what you do and do not like about it so I can implement those changes!

I would also ask politely not to bash me all over forums, I’m working really hard to set new standards for this industry and in order to succeed, I need to fail first.

I’m open to all ideas and encourage them.

I will work with everyone!

Thanks
Kevin”

But what do I care... by all means, bash away! Wooo!

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I get the customer frustrations with the products as received because of the premium price point but imo, the first step is always to reach out to the manufacturer or vendor to resolve any issues. It's not reasonable (just my opinion) to be so upset and have that be your first post to this forum. Like you registered just to vent without even attempting to get real product resolution with the only person who can actually help you? Maybe give him a chance? I know I would appreciate the opportunity to make my customers happy.

This guy is just starting out, trying to get his dream off the ground. He seems very genuine and humble in his intentions and how he intends to run his business. He's offering to buy it back 100% ffs, if that's not standing behind your product, what is man? All he's asking in return is feedback on how to improve his fledgling product. I'm betting that burrs and machining fluids won't be an issue moving forward.

Quite a few successful devices and accessories on this forum started out just like this. After a rocky start, things improved through honest transparent communication with the community. We love the small businesses that use us as their R&D focus groups because they listen and implement our feedback. But the number one rule for this forum is "Be Nice" and surely that goes for Kevin as well, yeah? :peace:

elykpeace

exVASted
Need ideas and input on this here herb ripper. It's a solid stainless steel grinder made by this dude Kevin in Cincinnati. He needs input from us in helping him build the perfect grinder.

I've been emailing back and forth with ideas to make this grinder a great one

smaller holes from grinding chamber to the catch.

more refined flat surfaces/clean up

threads!! They do the trick however it needs improvement.

( Had a ball bearing in the keif catch to help speed along the process) pretty awesome idea.

Someone over on VLF mentioned powder coating the outside various colors??

Ideas? Feedback? Thanks! Peace and love!

Edit: I don't work for this company just trying to make a good product great and we have the opportunity to have an American made stainless steel grinder with our input (cross posted on diff forums )

I know there's a demand for stainless steel I want this grinder to be perfect

Bluehinder

I want to issue some followup. I've been in contact with Kevin and he's been a standup guy and issued a refund. He's looking for feedback and is sincere in wanting to improve his product. He's really a great guy and I hope he succeeds.

There are clearly some teething problems at this point, which he acknowledges, but with some constructive feedback it could turn out to be an outstanding product.

Rest assured, if you order one, you will be happy in the end.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Triple start threads or interrupted threading would be an ideal feature. Either one reduces the turns needed to get the grinder apart.

Another feature that should be looked at is the top and bottom of the grinding chamber. The top should be female and the bottom should be male. This puts the bearing and wear surface of the grinder on the OUTSIDE of the grinding chamber. This means that any of the particles that get worn off fall out of the grinder rather than into the grinder.

As nice as we should be to someone who is starting up, we should also be critical and constructive as that is the way of FC. We praise what is good and point out what we don't like, it's an honest open discussion about the vapourizers and tools we're using.

I don't know if they're training new CNC machinists like the old manual machinists because one of the top rules of being a machinist is you de-bur your parts, you clean out the chips and you break any sharp edges that shouldn't be sharp.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I love my KannaStor GR8TR's!!
I hate one thing about them, well 2 actually but I fixed the latest bother!
It has removable plates so you can choose your grind consistency.
I have the fine plate only and love it's consistency.
The only issue is that it sometimes unscrews itself and then the bud is not correctly ground and it is just a mess!
So a few days ago I cleaned both GR8TR's up and used some Thread Lock compound to lock the plate in position permanently!
Works great now!!

lazylathe

Almost there...
How does the GR8TR compare to the New Vape Fine Grind. Is the result different enough to care?

Thanks kind Sir.

:)

I would say the grind is very similar with the GR8TR being slightly finer and fluffier.
The 3 piece design is also superior in my mind when it comes to retrieving the contents and the concave bowl is perfect.

I love my New Vape Fine but I hate emptying it...
@newvape918 Hint Hint, please put in a good word for a 3 piece fine grinder with 1/4 turns.
I will prepay right now!:luv::D

caliganja420

yHkFn2

Liftinnovations.com

The Lift Innovations grinder is the best grinder on the market, dont waste your money and time on anything else!
Made in North America, with superior quality and durability
Lifetime warranty!
this product has been tested for years before it was released
I have never used a grinder in my life until i purchased this one
I have been using it for a year, and have put at least a pound through it, never even cleaned it yet since it stays clean and never gets gunky or messy
The steel cutting blade will last a lifetime and i can truly say that after using this amazing grinder you will never look back at a grinder with teeth
Also it is interchangable with different sized screens for finer or coarse grind consistency.
I can literally grind with one hand, its ridiculously smooth and easy to operate
This should be in everyones hand! A true masterpiece

caliganja420,
Reactions: Summer

lazylathe

Almost there...
yHkFn2

The Lift Innovations grinder is the best grinder on the market, dont waste your money and time on anything else!
Made in North America, with superior quality and durability
I have never used a grinder in my life until i purchased this one
I have been using it for a year, and have put at least a pound through it, never even cleaned it yet since it stays clean and never gets gunky or messy
The steel cutting blade will last a lifetime and i can truly say that i believe that after using this amazing grinder
You will never look back at a grinder with teeth
Also it is interchangable with different sized screens for grind consistency.
I can literally grind with one hand, its ridiculously smooth and easy to operate
This should be in everyones hand! A true masterpiece

For you maybe... Lol!
I bought into the pre release and used it a few times. Spent almost a year in the drawer in its box.
Design is awesome but the grind is not for me, too coarse even with the fine plate.
I am not a fan of the grind.

lazylathe,

caliganja420

For you maybe... Lol!
I bought into the pre release and used it a few times. Spent almost a year in the drawer in its box.
Design is awesome but the grind is not for me, too coarse even with the fine plate.
I am not a fan of the grind.

Thats weird because i have used the finest screen and noticed it was to fine! I use the medium screen it is perfect for the Volcano and Mighty, i get dark abv everytime and a full extraction of my herbs
Everyone is different i guess, but if your trying to achieve a “dust” grind your better of in a teeth grinder, but all the THC wasted in all those teeth and slots is a shame
I achieve a beautifull fluffy grind everytime which is impossible with any other grinder

caliganja420,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
If you've never used a grinder in your life before getting the Lift Innovations Grinder, how can you assert that it is the best grinder out there and that the grind of the LIG is impossible to match with any other top grinder?

This is probably the wrong place to make blanket statements like that...a LOT of very experienced people here...

Having said that...if the Lift meets all your needs, then it was the right purchase for you. :nod:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thats weird because i have used the finest screen and noticed it was to fine! I use the medium screen it is perfect for the Volcano and Mighty, i get dark abv everytime and a full extraction of my herbs
Everyone is different i guess, but if your trying to achieve a “dust” grind your better of in a teeth grinder, but all the THC wasted in all those teeth and slots is a shame
I achieve a beautifull fluffy grind everytime which is impossible with any other grinder

I have a drawer FULL of grinders that I bought to try and find the grind that worked for ME.
My grinders do not grind "Dust", please show me a grinder that does this as it would not be very useful to any vaporist.

Impossible is a very strong word my friend...
Wasted THC in the teeth?? Dude come on...

I am happy that the Lift met all your requirements for your 1st grinder!
At least you will not see the need for another one any time soon.
Try and keep your comments limited to that grinder as you have not used a myriad of other grinders for comparisons!
:peace:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have both the Newvape Fine Grinder and the Kannastore GR8TR with the fine plate only.

The Newvape Fine Grinder is great for a medium to fine grind that you can tailor to your preferred consistency, depending on how long you grind. It's solid, and feels fucking bomb-proof. Out of the several grinders I have, the NV Fine Grinder would be the grinder that would go in my zombie apocalypse kit, if I had one.

But...I don't freaking like two-piece grinders for everyday use.

I almost never roll joints or blunts anymore, so I have no need to dump my ground-up-herb out of my grinder onto another surface for everyday use. I not only don't like the extra step, but I also don't like all the lost trichomes that are lost to the surfaces that we dump on. Plus I like the convenience of having the herb in the chamber that I can scoop from, as well as being able to just close the grinder up with the herb inside to reach for it as I need another couple scoops to refill my bowl as the spent ABV continues to go it's separate way...so I don't prefer 2-piece grinders for everyday home use.

The Kannastore GR8TR I have with the fine grind plate only, like @lazylathe said he has. I have noticed the issue with the plate sometimes trying to unscrew...but as long as you start it going the right direction, then it's never a problem. Otherwise, the fine plate gives me a fluffy fine grind a bit finer than my SLX 2.0. I rather like it. If I could only have one of the two, it would be a Kannastore GR8TR.

Of course, I've barely used any of my other grinders since I acquired my Super Weapon II (my 4/20 sale purchase). The grind is just a little more coarse than the SLX 2.0, but it's nice and fluffy, which makes up for the coarseness.

Top Bottom