Herb Grinders

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@Ramahs, the pic is to scrape up kief in the bottom of the grinder.

I don't understand how that would be the case, as this is not a normal guitar-pick. Most giutar-picks have a beveled, sharp edge that would be fine for scraping up keif. However, this sharkfin pick has squared edges, which would not work for scraping anything powdery off of a surface.

Plus, the grinder comes with a little keif-scraper in addition to the pick.

FLelder ent

Got a Santa Cruz Shredder Medium 3 piece , from PIU, on their 420 sale. First time paying for a grinder. I have been using the free grinders that came with the purchases of some vapes over the last few years. Recently the old grinder wasnt performing very well, even after cleaning. The VAS was strong . I decided I didn't need the 4 piece, so I saved a little money that way. It has a nice quality feel to it, all the bud easily falls to the lower section with just a few spins, the magnet is in the middle section, with a silicone (?) ring in the cap. My other grinders have the magnet in the top section and required 2x-3x more twists. The grind is not too fine nor too coarse. I am satisfied! :peace::leaf:;pd;:leaf::peace:

Follow up: I 've had my SCS for about 2 weeks now. The newness and VAS has worn off. I think it's just ok, not significantly better than the "free" grinder that came with a vape purchase. I would not purchase this again, nothing wrong, just not worth the premium $$ to me.:peace::leaf:;pd;:leaf::peace:

needalift

Follow up: I 've had my SCS for about 2 weeks now. The newness and VAS has worn off. I think it's just ok, not significantly better than the "free" grinder that came with a vape purchase. I would not purchase this again, nothing wrong, just not worth the premium $$ to me.:peace::leaf:;pd;:leaf::peace:

I think you have to spend some time with a SCS to see why it’s worth the premium price . I’ve had one for three years and it’s held up great . Every cheap anodized grinder I’ve had previously , the color chipped fairly quickly . Three years in and no issue with my Rasta SCS . It still grinds very smoothly too where all the others I had before started to feel like they were rubbing . I’m sure they are not for everybody , but that’s where mine has shined .

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I've been really satisfied with my GR8TR, speaking of expensive grinders. The RYOT 420 sale was the best price by far. If they do that 40% off for black Friday I'll get another one just to high five them for the great hookup.

bossman,

Ramahs

Oh, sorry @Ramahs, didn't realize you also got a keif scraper. Why don't you email or call them? So when you find out you can let us all know. :)

I dunno. After someone on here pointed out what it was, I didn't feel the need to ask.
I just figured that someone in charge at SLX is a big fan of these retro guitar picks. lol.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sha...4PLaAhVKxYMKHVxMAkEQsAQIrAI&biw=1553&bih=1259

Yeah, that was a great deal. My other 420 sale plans fell through, so I tried to buy a Kannastore V2 from Ryot with their 40% off sale, and it ended a couple hours before midnight (a few minutes before I tried to make my purchase, probably because they're in a different time zone.

I have a small Kannastore 3-piece GR8TR with the fine-grind plate only that I like, but I want a full-size V2. I'll be keeping my eye out for another sale.

Last edited:
Ramahs,
Reactions: Summer

dannydroid

Google Nazi
I don't understand how that would be the case, as this is not a normal guitar-pick. Most giutar-picks have a beveled, sharp edge that would be fine for scraping up keif. However, this sharkfin pick has squared edges, which would not work for scraping anything powdery off of a surface.

Plus, the grinder comes with a little keif-scraper in addition to the pick.

As a SLX2.0 owner and a thread stalker, this has come up once before, and from what I can remember, no one knows xD . I believe someone pointed out the type of pick it is though.

dannydroid,
Reactions: Summer

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Another $100 grinder anyone...?
Solid stainless steel:
3q5bozxrbuulgbwl.jpg

en0xv62q1ujt25qq.jpg

b28r57fjqfgesab0.jpg

428_photo_3911.jpg

https://www.herbripper.com/
https://www.instagram.com/herb_ripper

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I like the idea of the ball bearing on top of the screen to aid pollen collecting ;)
The sharpened top edges of the teeth could be cool, too... along with being able to chuck the whole thing in the dishwasher to clean it...

If you email Kevin (owner) he’ll offer to take 40% off if you do a review... I’m not going for it cuz I already own a $100 grinder that I’m not looking to replace...: Kevin@herbripper.com

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Too small for me, I like my 3.5" Space Case, plus I live in Aus, no-one posts to there, too expensive. I do like the idea of the pointed teeth though, I always jam a handfull at a time into my space case and it is hard to get together at times

LesPlenty,

horst

horsed
I own a GR8TR with the fine plate and I'm looking for a 2-piece companion that gives me a more coarse grind. Mainly because I'm tired of inhaling the fine particles when using a Vapcap, a Grasshopper or an Arizer Stem. It should be also easy to keep clean and doesn't need to be the largest since it will grind about 0.2g at once most of the time.

Since I want to order from vaposhop.com anyway soon I'm limited to their offerings but still undecided and clueless what would fit my needs.
Browsing through this thread gave me an idea that Space Case, Santa Cruz Shredder and New Vape have a lot of fans. I tend towards the New Vape Coarse Grinder but just because it carries the coarse in the name so I shouldn't be that disappointed with the result.

Any suggestions are welcome. :)

horst,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I would say my SpaceCase is a medium grind, I still get scooby snacks(I heard someone calling it that) in my Arizer Air and my HR Fury2(much less so than the AA though), NewVape sound like a good company that really look after their customers. I would probably go with the one you suggested.

Ramahs

I own a GR8TR with the fine plate and I'm looking for a 2-piece companion that gives me a more coarse grind. Mainly because I'm tired of inhaling the fine particles when using a Vapcap, a Grasshopper or an Arizer Stem. It should be also easy to keep clean and doesn't need to be the largest since it will grind about 0.2g at once most of the time.

Since I want to order from vaposhop.com anyway soon I'm limited to their offerings but still undecided and clueless what would fit my needs.
Browsing through this thread gave me an idea that Space Case, Santa Cruz Shredder and New Vape have a lot of fans. I tend towards the New Vape Coarse Grinder but just because it carries the coarse in the name so I shouldn't be that disappointed with the result.

Any suggestions are welcome. :)

You should consider the Super Weapon II. It's a bit more of a medium grind.

I acquired one recently from their 4/20 sale, and have been using it since. I've been very happy with it.

Ramahs,
Reactions: horst

ginolicious

Thinking I my start using my space case 2 piece again. I’ve been a heavy user of a puff 4 piece for years. I enjoy hag kief collection. But I may change up what I use and bring the space case off the shelf.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Helios

Helios

Thinking I my start using my space case 2 piece again.

Go for it, I recently picked one up on sale, $25 coming off an older sharpstone 4pc. the SC grinds are fluffy enough for the VC, a small amount is squirreled daily into a jyarz classic or the DV Stash, and we're off! however this week I have been simply ignoring all grinders and snipping off tiny amounts to fit into the Omnivap

Helios,

ginolicious

Go for it, I recently picked one up on sale, $25 coming off an older sharpstone 4pc. the SC grinds are fluffy enough for the VC, a small amount is squirreled daily into a jyarz classic or the DV Stash, and we're off! however this week I have been simply ignoring all grinders and snipping off tiny amounts to fit into the Omnivap

May use it for my haze square when it comes.

ginolicious,

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities

Ramahs

I don't know,
a review completely with pictures of everything except the grind.
:hmm:
I also do not see the link between 70% higher chance of dementia due to high expose to alluminum. Not saying that it false, but a grinder is not a high exposure.
:2c::peace:

Just going from that page, I'd probably be more interested in the Iaso than The Ripper.

Ramahs,

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
What other grinders do you have that you are comparing this to?

I have Golden Gate, Trees, S&B regular and XL, and medium and large Phoenician grinders. They all grind herb. A feature I really like with the Lift and the Phoenicians is the quarter turn tech. I don't think I'd buy another grinder that didn't have this.
I like the grind I get with the Lift and the fine sifter. It grinds without much effort not that grinding herb tires me out with the others, this one is just a bit easier. The way it is made I don't end up having to smash the upper lid down, through my herb to start the grinding process like the other grinders. I don't know that this helps the weed but just is another feature that makes the process just a little bit nicer.

It came with a little tool that doubles as holder for my mighty capsules. It is heavy enough to use as a weapon, a handy feature if you do a lot of fighting whilst grinding herb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom