Herb Grinders

caliganja420

If you've never used a grinder in your life before getting the Lift Innovations Grinder, how can you assert that it is the best grinder out there and that the grind of the LIG is impossible to match with any other top grinder?

This is probably the wrong place to make blanket statements like that...a LOT of very experienced people here...

Having said that...if the Lift meets all your needs, then it was the right purchase for you. :nod:

I have a drawer FULL of grinders that I bought to try and find the grind that worked for ME.
My grinders do not grind "Dust", please show me a grinder that does this as it would not be very useful to any vaporist.

Impossible is a very strong word my friend...
Wasted THC in the teeth?? Dude come on...

I am happy that the Lift met all your requirements for your 1st grinder!
At least you will not see the need for another one any time soon.
Try and keep your comments limited to that grinder as you have not used a myriad of other grinders for comparisons!
:peace:

I have never owned a grinder in my years of use, but i have tried nearly every grinder on the market today.
They are all the SAME, a set of teeth on top and bottom, with holes to release the ground cannabis into a kief chamber. I like seeing new innovations of products, especially one i used every single day.
When i first saw the lift grinder, i couldnt just try it out because of its rarity, so i purchased it and it has exceeded my expectations! It doesnt grind, but instead chops the herb and the materials are non sticky so all the kief flows right thru and dont get gunky build up (wasted thrichromes)

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
^^^ "I have never used a grinder in my life until i purchased this one"

Words do matter. Having tried almost every grinder on the market is not what you originally said.

Not sure where you want to go with this other than you really like the Lift grinder and the way it chops instead of grinds...thank you for your opinion on the Lift Innovations Grinder. :tup:

virtualpurple

I was an early buyer of the lift grinder. I like how smooth it is and think it’s great for coarser grinds, but I am not wowed with it’s fine grind setting. It would have been great if they had nailed a design to get a finishing grind but this grinder just doesn’t cut it for those that like small consistent grind. However I have definitely not found a more comfortable grinder.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Most I've heard from that both have the Lift, and mostly vaporize, have said that the Lift is nice and all...but it doesn't have a fine enough grind plate, and the finer grind plate it does have isn't a very consistent grind.

One thing I can say about the Kannastor GR8TR is that it has probably the most consistent grinds of any grinder I've tried.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
i couldnt just try it out because of its rarity
Probably rare because it is US$130 on Amzon and they still have not brought out a finer blade or whatever it needs for a finer grind that everyone says it needs..... nothing like listening to the community and giving the customer what they want. No wonder there are so may knock offs of the Lift available because it is a great idea that has not been improved to the point where it needs to be to ask a premium price.
Maybe it is time for a V2, it has been out for couple years after all.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Probably rare because it is US$130 on Amzon and they still have not brought out a finer blade or whatever it needs for a finer grind that everyone says it needs..... nothing like listening to the community and giving the customer what they want. No wonder there are so may knock offs of the Lift available because it is a great idea that has not been improved to the point where it needs to be to ask a premium price.
Maybe it is time for a V2, it has been out for couple years after all.

Exactly! :rofl:

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I was an early buyer of the lift grinder. I like how smooth it is and think it’s great for coarser grinds, but I am not wowed with it’s fine grind setting. It would have been great if they had nailed a design to get a finishing grind but this grinder just doesn’t cut it for those that like small consistent grind. However I have definitely not found a more comfortable grinder.

I have two of these and several others. I like this one above my others enough that I have started gifting my non-lift grinders to others.

I use the fine disk. I am happy with the size of the grind, it works well in my Mighty and my dynavaps. It could be that the Mighty just isn't picky about grind and more likely than not I haven't been grinding herb long enough to pick out the finer details but the grind seems consistent to me.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I get the customer frustrations with the products as received because of the premium price point but imo, the first step is always to reach out to the manufacturer or vendor to resolve any issues. It's not reasonable (just my opinion) to be so upset and have that be your first post to this forum. Like you registered just to vent without even attempting to get real product resolution with the only person who can actually help you? Maybe give him a chance? I know I would appreciate the opportunity to make my customers happy.

This guy is just starting out, trying to get his dream off the ground. He seems very genuine and humble in his intentions and how he intends to run his business. He's offering to buy it back 100% ffs, if that's not standing behind your product, what is man? All he's asking in return is feedback on how to improve his fledgling product. I'm betting that burrs and machining fluids won't be an issue moving forward.

Quite a few successful devices and accessories on this forum started out just like this. After a rocky start, things improved through honest transparent communication with the community. We love the small businesses that use us as their R&D focus groups because they listen and implement our feedback. But the number one rule for this forum is "Be Nice" and surely that goes for Kevin as well, yeah? :peace:

Wonderfully said. :tup: :clap:

Vapor Trails

In particular, because of the unusual teeth design and the the way it "fluffs", if a Santa Cruz 3-4 piece is turned on it's head, does it do as well as a 2 piece? I'm debating between a 3 piece or 2 piece Santa Cruz grinder. I have a Space Case as my 4 stage. The Santa Cruz is to fluff the herb and retain the kief with my vaping sessions. Ive not read horrible talk about it, but I have read that sometimes too large of a piece falls through, and that would drive me crazy. My Space Case grinds in a "one and done" fashion, and I am hoping the Santa Cruz doesn't call for multiple grinds on occassion if large pieces push up and fall through a 3-4 stage Santa Cruz while upside down. I've never used one to know.

My question is, if I turn the Santa Cruz UPSIDE DOWN and grind, will I simulate a 2 piece grind, or do I just need to buy a 2 piece Santa and try to teach myself how not to spill bud all over the place when trying to pour bud from between teeth in a 2 piece grinder? I'd normally assume any 3-4 stage would do what a 2 stage will (if the 3-4 is turned on it's head), but the nature or design of the teeth for the Santa Cruz have me particularly concerned, but I need that "fluff" type of grind for some units. I don't know if the herb will still try to lift and go into the 3rd stage while holding it upside down from the shape of the teeth possibly "lifting" the herb.

Vapor Trails,
Reactions: KidFated.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have never owned a grinder in my years of use, but i have tried nearly every grinder on the market today.
They are all the SAME, a set of teeth on top and bottom, with holes to release the ground cannabis into a kief chamber. I like seeing new innovations of products, especially one i used every single day.
When i first saw the lift grinder, i couldnt just try it out because of its rarity, so i purchased it and it has exceeded my expectations! It doesnt grind, but instead chops the herb and the materials are non sticky so all the kief flows right thru and dont get gunky build up (wasted thrichromes)

Some very strong words again my friend...
You must have A LOT of friends to try out nearly ALL the grinders in the market...
Dumping every grinder on the market in the SAME category and then making a special podium for the Lift seems a bit over the top to me!
I get it, you are very happy with your purchase and I am happy for you!
A lot of us were early adopters and wanted this to be the "Holy Grail" of grinders but for a lot of us it fell seriously short of it's mark!

My Lift gets gummed up just as much as my other grinders, it all depends on the moisture content of your herb. Bone dry herb falls through just like any other grinder out there...

For myself the KannaStor VAPE GR8TR is perfect for me.
Consistent, fine grind with all the bits of herb being the same size. Uniform grind.
My Lift does not do this with the fine plate as it gives a variable grind with the fine plate, so I end up with a mixed grind which I did not want.

We all have preferences that suit our individual needs.
Hope you hang around and get caught by the VAS, GAS and the GrAS symptoms to add further insight when used daily and added into your routine.

VAS - Vape Acquisition Syndrome
GAS - Glass Acquisition Syndrome
GrAS - Grinder Acquisition Syndrome.

Gigsabits53

I ordered a Gr8tr and received it in 3 days. I have used it for a few days now and I have to say Im impressed. First of all, the grinder is much smaller than I thought it would be, very lightweight. I have been using the fine grind plate and it gives a nice grind, perfect for my Underdog. It seems to grind with very little effort. Still in the honeymoon phase though, its still clean and new. :)

I just received a Newvape Fine Grinder with the gripband. Wow this is the new benchmark for me. I like 2 piece grinders and have a few like SCS, Spacecase, Mendo Mulcher and even a few s & b plastic ones. The NV is far bigger than my medium SCS and grinds like butter. I highly recommend this product even though I am geoblocked from the manufacturer's website lol.

ginolicious

Wooden teeth? Like an old pirate, :)

It will be interesting to see the grind consistency.

Years ago my buddy had a full wood grinder. Forget the brand now. He loved it. Lived by it. Only down side for me is the sides got gunked really quick.

ginolicious,

Likes2vape

I want a new grinder I have been using one of the free grinders from PuffItUp for a couple years now and it’s time for a new one. I am torn between the SLX V2, the Super Weapon 2, or the Gr8tr v2.

I picked up the NewVape fine grinder a while back and love the feel of it but hate the 2 piece design. I want something that is going to feel nice in the hands and is easy to turn like the NewVape grinder. I mainly use the Flowerpot so a fine to medium-fine grind is what I’m looking for.

Are there any discount codes for the Gr8tr?

Likes2vape,
Top Bottom