Herb Grinders

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
So, I received my shiny new Super Weapon II today, and I have to say that I'm more impressed than with it than I expected to be.

For starters this thing feels like it fits my hand better than my other grinders, as far as size is concerned. And the knurling on the caps are wide and deep and grip very well (When I first looked at them, I did not expect them to grip very well. But I was wrong). Not to mention the thick top-cap that I can really grip into the knurling with much more of my fingers surface area, instead of feeling like I have to "finger-tip" it like some other grinders (SLX 2.0, I'm lookin' at you!).

When I first opened it, I thought "Oh-no, the holes in the grind plate are huge!" (I think that I usually prefer a finer grind in some uses than a lot of people do), but the grind did not turn out to be too course for a reasonable amount of my uses (as I'd sxpected it would at first-glance), and it's nice and fluffy. And I find that one can get away with a courser grind if it's nice and fluffy) Plus, I have other good grinders capable of varying levels of finer grinds if needed.

Also, I wish all grinders had the curved edges in the bottom kief-catch like this. Though, I do wish that the herb-collection chamber (middle) had the same kind of curve, right down to the screen, rather than that little lip around the bottom, but we don't always get everything we want. As is life.

All in all I've only used it once, so time will tell. However, I'm currently very happy with my purchase, and will brag about it to friends. This will be a great addition to my little growing family of grinders.

P.S. - The gold color looks a lot better in person than I thought it would going from the seller's pictures on the website. In fact, I was kind of worried that I'd regret getting that color, as I'd originally wanted the black (because reasons, of course) but they were out of stock and I just ended up going with the gold.

Now, I don't know why, but most gold stuff is too yellow for my taste. But this is a nice light gold that I'm perfectly happy with now that I've taken a look at it. I guess my medicine cabinet needed some gold after all!

Ramahs

So, I received my shiny new Super Weapon II today, and I have to say that I'm more impressed than with it than I expected to be.

For starters this thing feels like it fits my hand better than my other grinders, as far as size is concerned. And the knurling on the caps are wide and deep and grip very well (When I first looked at them, I did not expect them to grip very well. But I was wrong). Not to mention the thick top-cap that I can really grip into the knurling with much more of my fingers surface area, instead of feeling like I have to "finger-tip" it like some other grinders (SLX 2.0, I'm lookin' at you!).

When I first opened it, I thought "Oh-no, the holes in the grind plate are huge!" (I think that I usually prefer a finer grind in some uses than a lot of people do), but the grind did not turn out to be too course for a reasonable amount of my uses (as I'd sxpected it would at first-glance), and it's nice and fluffy. And I find that one can get away with a courser grind if it's nice and fluffy) Plus, I have other good grinders capable of varying levels of finer grinds if needed.

Also, I wish all grinders had the curved edges in the bottom kief-catch like this. Though, I do wish that the herb-collection chamber (middle) had the same kind of curve, right down to the screen, rather than that little lip around the bottom, but we don't always get everything we want. As is life.

All in all I've only used it once, so time will tell. However, I'm currently very happy with my purchase, and will brag about it to friends. This will be a great addition to my little growing family of grinders.

P.S. - The gold color looks a lot better in person than I thought it would going from the seller's pictures on the website. In fact, I was kind of worried that I'd regret getting that color, as I'd originally wanted the black (because reasons, of course) but they were out of stock and I just ended up going with the gold.

Now, I don't know why, but most gold stuff is too yellow for my taste. But this is a nice light gold that I'm perfectly happy with now that I've taken a look at it. I guess my medicine cabinet needed some gold after all!

One thing to add to this after a few days of use...the screen the grinder comes with is TOO LARGE of a mesh for my taste! The bottom of the catch isn't nearly covered yet, and I can see little speckles of vegetation in it already. I took a look again at the product page for the grinder (in case I'd missed the option of choosing a different size mesh), and it neither specifies what mesh screen the grinder comes with, nor offers the option to choose a different size.

I looked at their page to order replacement screens, and I see that there are both mesh 60 and mesh 100 available. I assume that what it came with was mesh 60. I really wish that the option would have been available when the grinder was ordered to choose which mesh. Oh well...I guess I just need to order the 100 mesh screen.

*edit* - Shit...screens are out of stock :-(

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I was looking into the Jyarz 3pc. instead I opted for a 2pc Space Case, did you pick it up on sale?
I bought it as soon as it came out. I have a 2 pc Space Case as well but my dad seems to like that one when he visits, I just find it kinda of clumpy..

Marlon Rando

I cannot compare, but my sharpstone 4pc was getting old and I needed something new. it makes sense to use the jyarz grinder 3pc, I grind about a gram at a time and store it in a jyarz classic to dip with the VC.

Marlon Rando,

Ramahs

I don't understand any average cannabis user needing to grind a jar-full on any kind of frequent basis. lol.

I try not to grind more than I'd use in an evening, as it tends to start to lose flavor the moment it's ground up...at least as far as some of those lower-temp terpenes that we love to taste so much.

AtomicPB

Maybe if you are making edibles.

When I do that, I normally grind my herbs before decarbing and putting them in butter or fat. Not to gunk up my SCS 3pc, I use an old plastic grinder which I have to empty all the time ... so I could see the benefit ... on the other hand might an electric coffee grinder be even better for that task ... :hmm:

AtomicPB,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Well I personally don’t grind a full satchmo. I will grind enough to fill a classic jyarz, and that jyarz will fill my dynastash, and then the left overs will be sealed in the classic until I open it at the desk to fill a stem and it gets closed again. Never sits out, stays fresh and tasty and doesn’t over dry.

KidFated.,
Reactions: Winegums

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I’ve always felt fresh cut smells and tastes way better than grind and store, sealed or not... I’d even carry around a tiny pair of thread scissors in my wallet when I was growing back in the 80’s (pre-grinder days)... Of course I was burning (and more social) then, but even with vaping I don’t like prepping too much more than is absolutely necessary... plus it also feels like it goes a little faster when it’s just sitting there waiting to be vaped...

KidFated.

Unknown Member
If I had the time to grind every time I needed to vape, I most likely would. But being busy 7 days a week from 4am until 930pm, I don’t have time to grind as I go.

The jyarz grinder/funnel into the classic works perfect for me.
The grinder has teeth sort of like the scs but I find the jyarz grinder to shred it into a more coarse and even grind. I love that because it’s the next best thing to not grinding at all imo. I haven’t needed to clean it either! It still spins smoooooooth! Kind of surprised by that honestly.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
If I had the time to grind every time I needed to vape, I most likely would. But being busy 7 days a week from 4am until 930pm, I don’t have time to grind as I go.

The jyarz grinder/funnel into the classic works perfect for me.
The grinder has teeth sort of like the scs but I find the jyarz grinder to shred it into a more coarse and even grind. I love that because it’s the next best thing to not grinding at all imo. I haven’t needed to clean it either! It still spins smoooooooth! Kind of surprised by that honestly.
Oh, I’m totally with you, if grinding enough for a whole day, or whatever, is necessary, then so be it...! “Absolutely necessary” really only means until the next time it makes sense... I don’t carry a grinder or scissors around with me these days unless that too makes sense. There are no rules here (just opinions & judgement...;))
:peace:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Maybe if you are making edibles.

When I do that, I normally grind my herbs before decarbing and putting them in butter or fat. Not to gunk up my SCS 3pc, I use an old plastic grinder which I have to empty all the time ... so I could see the benefit ... on the other hand might an electric coffee grinder be even better for that task ... :hmm:

I have a cheap electric coffee-grinder that I only use for grinding herb for edibles.

Well I personally don’t grind a full satchmo. I will grind enough to fill a classic jyarz, and that jyarz will fill my dynastash, and then the left overs will be sealed in the classic until I open it at the desk to fill a stem and it gets closed again. Never sits out, stays fresh and tasty and doesn’t over dry.

Don't get me wrong, I load my Dynastash each morning with ground herb. But, I still try not to grind up more than I'd use in a day because I've found that, even in an airtight-sealed container with humidity-control, the herb starts to lose flavor immediately after it's ground up.

There's still air in the container, that all those newly-exposed terps can evaporate into.

ArgEnt

Hi! My slx 2.0 just arrived, and Im wondering what to do with the guitar pick it came with! What's that for?

ArgEnt,

Ramahs

Hi! My slx 2.0 just arrived, and Im wondering what to do with the guitar pick it came with! What's that for?

I asked the same question after I received mine. Turns out it's just a guitar-pick. I don't think it has an intended use.

Ramahs,

Marlon Rando

i noticed some of you here prefer no grinders and prefer to break off nugs for the VC, is their a significant benefit? I did this last night and found it satisfying enough however my nug was not cooked evenly like ground bud would be.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
i noticed some of you here prefer no grinders and prefer to break off nugs for the VC, is their a significant benefit? I did this last night and found it satisfying enough however my nug was not cooked evenly like ground bud would be.
I like to do two medium heats with a nug before crumbling the nug in my palm and loading it back in the vape. Then I have to watch out since it produces a monster cloud.

Top Bottom