Herb Grinders

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I understand.... many people do not like dumping herb out onto another surface.
I do like to dump my herb out and work with it using a business card.
The "dish" used to hold my herb is the lid from a cookie tin.
I acquired this tin in 1969, and have used it for cleaning MJ , way before I ever heard of grinders. It was used to roll the seeds out of "comersh" back in the day.
I still have it and use it every day of my life to handle my MMJ, fresh out of the grinder.
uwMYfCj.jpg

And see, if I was rolling joints or blunts, that's fine because you have to dump it anyway. Hell, I've had many dedicated rolling trays, like your tin-lid there. But when I'm packing bowls, I'd prefer to scoop it straight from the grinder to save any keif that I'd lose scraping it up with a card.

I used to smoke joints and blunts all the time. These days, now that I have a cabinet full of great vaporizers and glass tools, I view joints and blunts as archaic and wasteful. I think that I've come to view dumping my herb onto another surface that I have to scrape it off of again in much the same light. Like, I'll do it if I don't have my preferred tools available, but not if I have a choice.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Favorite fine grind - Kannastor Vape GR8TR
The New Vape Fine Grinder is also amazing but it is only a 2 piece.

How do you like the Space Case? Medium grind?
SPACE CASE is the brand I'm use to.
My kid's all have them.
I got a COMPTON GRINDER 2x because I was born their!

I have so many?

I want to buy a new one just because it seem's fun?

Most of my grinder's a course. (wasteful however I like it?)

Fine is what I need more than a want.

GSC = ZIP = 28% THC (SANTA BARBARA)

I ground it COURSE and it was BLISSFUL? 1/2 gram is all I can handle? (it's stronger these daz's)

My LEMON KUSH need's a FINE grind.

I have DUTCH TREAT x BLUE DREAM = NO NAME?

Need to name this one? (feel GOOD STRAIN)

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Don't personally see the point in kief collectors, 3 piece grinders etc.. Just more places to lose the precious trichomes. Why kief your own weed before you smoke it? I just don't get it, lose potency and flavour, for a little kick back of stale kief someday?

If you don't have easy to access to weed then I can understand the logic. But a lot of people here certainly don't have that problem and still kief their own weed?

For me, 2 pc SCS grind, dump and vape. Don't even like to store pre ground weed for longer than a day as this also loses its volatile terpenes and degrades quicker.

zor

Don't personally see the point in kief collectors, 3 piece grinders etc.. Just more places to lose the precious trichomes. Why kief your own weed before you smoke it? I just don't get it, lose potency and flavour, for a little kick back of stale kief someday?

If you don't have easy to access to weed then I can understand the logic. But a lot of people here certainly don't have that problem and still kief their own weed?

For me, 2 pc SCS grind, dump and vape. Don't even like to store pre ground weed for longer than a day as this also loses its volatile terpenes and degrades quicker.

It's really simple for me, I don't notice whether a few milli- or micrograms of kief fall off the bud I'm grinding, the flavor and potency remain the same. I'd rather accumulate kief to press into rosin, make moonricks with, or vape separately. The kief still tastes fantastic and hits wonderfully.

Through vaporizing, I get essentially 3 discrete sessions from any given amount of bud: grinding and loading the bud, filtering the kief for later use, and then using the AVB. I'm a medical patient and have plenty of access but I also like to save money.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Do you like kief? As I've said before quality of kief/dry sift is better when dry sifting the herbs with some small dry sift screens before use of a grinder which produces much less cleaner kief. But to each his own.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@ataxian I think you'll like the grind from a GR8TR. It's a big improvement over the grind from a Space case when you're using convection vapes. There's no unbroken calyxes in the grind, no need to flip the grinder upside down for a finer grind, and it stays clean for a very long time. Having had my GR8TR for a year and a bit now, I've only cleaned it two times after running an ounce a month through it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm very tempted to cut interrupted threads into my GR8TR but I'm afraid that that will make it so only one tray will fit and the remaining threads won't be nearly as strong. I'm going to have to research on how to time the cuts properly.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian I think you'll like the grind from a GR8TR. It's a big improvement over the grind from a Space case when you're using convection vapes. There's no unbroken calyxes in the grind, no need to flip the grinder upside down for a finer grind, and it stays clean for a very long time. Having had my GR8TR for a year and a bit now, I've only cleaned it two times after running an ounce a month through it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm very tempted to cut interrupted threads into my GR8TR but I'm afraid that that will make it so only one tray will fit and the remaining threads won't be nearly as strong. I'm going to have to research on how to time the cuts properly.
Thank U!

I just received a new PORTABLE in the mail front door?

My COMPTON 2 piece is working fine 4 LEMON KUSH?

GR8TR next purchase 4 SCIENCE reason's!

@lazylathe know's!

VapourHaze

Do you like kief? As I've said before quality of kief/dry sift is better when dry sifting the herbs with some small dry sift screens before use of a grinder which produces much less cleaner kief. But to each his own.

Yes i like kief but if i wanted some, i would use my 120 micron screen and do it properly. I just find 3 piece grinder weird, just constantly lowering the quality of my product for a minor kickback, not to mention all the kief lost in threadings etc. Each to their own

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes i like kief but if i wanted some, i would use my 120 micron screen and do it properly. I just find 3 piece grinder weird, just constantly lowering the quality of my product for a minor kickback, not to mention all the kief lost in threadings etc. Each to their own
DEPEND'S?

WHERE R U?

On this PALE BLUE DOT where I live KIEF is $5.00/GRAM so it's very weird to accumulate kief?

VapourHaze

DEPEND'S?

WHERE R U?

On this PALE BLUE DOT where I live KIEF is $5.00/GRAM so it's very weird to accumulate kief?

Im in UK but fortunate to have access to very good flowers and concentrates so all good. I understand if you have problems aquiring good herb, sure use a kief collector. Eat your abv, clean your stems in milk all that. But if you have an abundance, I just dont see the point in kiefing everything i smoke?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Im in UK but fortunate to have access to very good flowers and concentrates so all good. I understand if you have problems aquiring good herb, sure use a kief collector. Eat your abv, clean your stems in milk all that. But if you have an abundance, I just dont see the point in kiefing everything i smoke?
I like the KIEF to be on the HERB not the grinding device?

CANNABIS will be legal in ENGLAND soon.

dannydroid

Google Nazi
Lungs aren't efficient at extraction anyway.
You're really not going to notice if some tris have been knocked off.
(Crap weed with always be crap, regardless of knocking of some combs. Same applies to good weed).

Herb is expensive (at least for what it is and what it takes to manufacture), and I stretch it out as long as possible (keif, AVB, reclaim).

But each to their own, everyone has their own preference, and it's not like it's hurting anybody :p .

I'd be dead before England sorts their shit out. I'd be happy to be wrong though :p

lazylathe

Almost there...
lazylathe,
Reactions: ataxian

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
what's brick weed?

It's usually the stuff shipped in from places like Mexico. They compress the cannabis into bricks to make it easy and efficient to transport.

Not seen any for some time in the UK, seems like most of the stuff is now grown locally in secret gardens.

So to remain on topic I'm gonna say that I'm still loving my SW2 from @InterplanetaryTanner. Despite filling up a jayrz satchmo and a classic with trichs from a trim sifting session I still have the grinders sifter in place. The bud seems plenty potent enough and it's always nice to open up the bottom section to find a thick layer of gold dust :brow:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's usually the stuff shipped in from places like Mexico. They compress the cannabis into bricks to make it easy and efficient to transport.

Not seen any for some time in the UK, seems like most of the stuff is now grown locally in secret gardens.

So to remain on topic I'm gonna say that I'm still loving my SW2 from @InterplanetaryTanner. Despite filling up a jayrz satchmo and a classic with trichs from a trim sifting session I still have the grinders sifter in place. The bud seems plenty potent enough and it's always nice to open up the bottom section to find a thick layer of gold dust :brow:
@GreenHopper I live in CALIFORNIA and when in MEXICO (SIERRA MADRE) they had COLAS all FLUFFY?
In MEXICO they grow CANNABIS like in HUMBOLDT. (NO SEED'S or STEM'S)

Never saw BRICK WEED?
Going to MEXICO since 1970.

Back on TRACK:

Need a FINE GRIND 4 1 of my vape's?

OAXACA COLAS R normal & low cost!

Last edited:

Ramahs

I used to get pressed Mexican brick all the damn time back in the late 90's.
It was all that was around in the garbage state that I live in at the time.

But, my drugs only cost me $50 per oz back then also.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper I live in CALIFORNIA and when in MEXICO (SIERRA MADRE) they had COLAS all FLUFFY?
In MEXICO they grow CANNABIS like in HUMBOLDT. (NO SEED'S or STEM'S)

Never saw BRICK WEED?
Going to MEXICO since 1970.

Back on TRACK:

Need a FINE GRIND 4 1 of my vape's?

OAXACA COLAS R normal & low cost!

Colas local to Mexico = light and fluffy

COLAS ala shipping container from Mexico to UK = not so light and fluffy.

It was in my view ok stuff considering the journey it had taken. Sure its was compressed to fuck and dry as a bone but meh it was cheap and did the job.

It wasn't all that easy to grind though. You had to pry it apart in layers in order to fit it in the grinder and it gummed up the works quite a bit <- token grinder topic drop :D

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Colas local to Mexico = light and fluffy

COLAS ala shipping container from Mexico to UK = not so light and fluffy.

It was in my view ok stuff considering the journey it had taken. Sure its was compressed to fuck and dry as a bone but meh it was cheap and did the job.

It wasn't all that easy to grind though. You had to pry it apart in layers in order to fit it in the grinder and it gummed up the works quite a bit <- token grinder topic drop :D
I don't have "BRICK WEED" knowledge?

Maybe I have a false sense of REALITY?

I need a grinder that grind's fine?

Where can one be found?
510n5JQhBJL._SL1100_.jpg

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: steama

Ramahs

In CALIFORNIA & HAWAII CANNABIS was $10/oz 28 grs + or -! I never saw brick weed?

Most of us in the shittiest states in the USA were not as lucky as you.

Hell, my colorado connection may have gotten ripped off by cops recently, which means that my amazing connection I've had these last few years may have dried up.

In other words, I feer that my jars may see some brick soon, because I may just have to take whatever scraps And crumbs I can find around here in the near future, unfornutately.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Most of us in the shittiest states in the USA were not as lucky as you.

Hell, my colorado connection may have gotten ripped off by cops recently, which means that my amazing connection I've had these last few years may have dried up.

In other words, I feer that my jars may see some brick soon, because I may just have to take whatever scraps And crumbs I can find around here in the near future, unfornutately.
My view point maybe unrealistic by today's environment!

In HAWAII it was free and free of seed's or stem's.

CALIFORNIA has always been underestimated?
Price's R dropping?
Other grinder to process GSC (STANDARD)!

MOVE to a CIVILIZED location.

Ramahs

My view point maybe unrealistic by today's environment!

In HAWAII it was free and free of seed's or stem's.

CALIFORNIA has always been underestimated?
Price's R dropping?
Other grinder to process GSC (STANDARD)!

MOVE to a CIVILIZED location.

I know. My entire family (a single Mother and a Brother) moved to Eugene Oregon last year.
It's awfully tempting to just go, because I'd already have a place to stay till I found a job.

But...not going to let myself move without a decent job waiting for me when I get wherever I'm going. That would be irresponsible of me.

But, if something were to happen with my current job, you can bet I'd be considering just pulling up my stakes, and heading that way.

Top Bottom