Herb Grinders

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
They changed the grinding plates slightly around the magnets and the slot shape on the vape plate. Besides those changes I really don't see much.

The threading looks to be the same as before so no difference on that front. I really wish more grinder companies would do what Cali crusher has done with their grinder threading. It's the ideal solution to having to turn the grinder so many times to take it apart.
4piecegrinder_29b6ac25-20c2-4727-bcf4-ad28e9347631_x700.png
What grinder is in the photo?

Maybe 4 grinders to be modern?

I have 12 at least however I only use 2?
Should a get a SANTA CRUZ grinder?

I have friends up there that R grower's!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Cruz,_California

I'm in Southern California however I love the NORTH part of the state.

ataxian,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
What grinder is in the photo?

Maybe 4 grinders to be modern?

I have 12 at least however I only use 2?
Should a get a SANTA CRUZ grinder?

I have friends up there that R grower's!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Cruz,_California

I'm in Southern California however I love the NORTH part of the state.
It's a CaliCrusher, I was using the photo as an example for the interrupted threading.

Winegums,

Helios

@Winegums I noticed you had mentioned you have a space case 2 pc medium grinder, I just picked one up on PIU sale, coming from a 4 pc. what are your thoughts for the grind size using a vapcap?

Helios,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums I noticed you had mentioned you have a space case 2 pc medium grinder, I just picked one up on PIU sale, coming from a 4 pc. what are your thoughts for the grind size using a vapcap?
I don't have a 2 piece Space Case actually. I have a small Ti 4 piece model that I bought years ago. I personally don't like 2 piece grinders at all as I have to dump out the contents into another tray or dish. Space Case does a good job with their grinders so you won't be disappointed with the quality, but I cannot speak on the grind consistency at all.

The ideal Vapcap grind IMO is around 1.75mm - 2.25mm grain size, any larger and it starts to have poor conduction, and any smaller and the particles start to come through the Ti CCDs, (not so much the SS CCD).

Helios

The ideal Vapcap grind IMO is around 1.75mm - 2.25mm grain size, any larger and it starts to have poor conduction, and any smaller and the particles start to come through the Ti CCDs, (not so much the SS CCD)
hmm that is interesting, ill have to see for myself if I like the grind from the SC.

@ataxian considering you use your Space Case and your Compton 2 pc. grinder which do you prefer when firing up the vapcaps? do you notice a difference with your avb or is it marginally noticeable? a lot of talk on the Gr8r here, are they worth the pricepoint?

needalift

Does anyone here own a Kannastor pendant grinder ?? I have it in my head that I want a tiny grinder , but am curious if it’s worth having .

needalift,
Reactions: Helios

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So I finally wore out the Teflon o-ring on my 3.5" Space Case Titanium and went to order a new one direct from Space case, the o-ring is US$3.99, quite good, postage to Oz is US$48.50!:mental: Looks like I might get a new grinder and chuck this, what a waste of $100:| that's what I get for buying quality.

I see Australian Vaorizers sell Space Case, I might contact them to see if they can help me out before I chuck it.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Okay...I'm ready to brag.

My SLX 2.0 has seen over two months of almost daily use now, and this is what it currently looks like:
erlEfeW.jpg

Color me impressed, as the only thing I've done to clean it is brush it off every couple of grinds with this soft brush:
HH0q2CS.jpg

I must admit that I doubted how well it's ceramic anti-stick coating would actually work, but I'm convinced now! I'm a very satisfied customer :-)

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Okay...I'm ready to brag....

I must admit that I doubted how well it's ceramic anti-stick coating would actually work, but I'm convinced now! I'm a very satisfied customer :-)
As nice as it would be to have a grinder that doesn't get dirty, I don't think I'll ever be able to trust SLX after seeing so many pictures and reports of the coating flaking off.

The way that the grinder is designed is flawed since the top is male and the bottom of the grinder is female. This causes the coated walls to rub together and anything that comes off the walls goes into the grinding chamber. If the top were to be the female and the bottom was the male part of the grinder, anything that wore off would remain outside of the herb chamber.

Ramahs

These grinders are no different than coffee/herb grinders. I have never liked the high-speed pulverization of bud and feel that is diminishes the quality of the herb. I think they are a very destructive way to grind buds.

:2c:

Agreed!

I third the motion!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
These grinders are no different than coffee/herb grinders. I have never liked the high-speed pulverization of bud and feel that is diminishes the quality of the herb. I think they are a very destructive way to grind buds.

:2c:

I agree too with the exception of electric grinders like the Chewie 2 which have a slicing action which act more like scissors than macerators.

There are also electric grinders like the Atmos which are more like the manual grinders in that they use teeth to grind the herb and allow it to fall through gaps into a collection chamber when it's at the correct size thus avoiding some of the pulverisation.

Although I've not used an Atmos so I can't say for sure.

Doktor Dub

The way that the grinder is designed is flawed since the top is male and the bottom of the grinder is female. This causes the coated walls to rub together and anything that comes off the walls goes into the grinding chamber. If the top were to be the female and the bottom was the male part of the grinder, anything that wore off would remain outside of the herb chamber.

+1000 - i have a slx and it is my favorite Grinder, so i am not as consequent as you but i always wondered why not all Grinders have the "right" mal / female Parts like my old non-gr8ter Kannastör. Additional it is easier to close and you don t have to pay attention while packing...

Ramahs

What I hate is when a grinder has the part with the magnet in the middle that sticks out tp meet the other magnet on the wrong damn side.

It should be on the bottom. But it's on the top on too many grinders (The SLX 2.0 is one of the few that put it on the correct side). When it's on the top, bud often falls in the gap between the two magnets and gets smashed there, keeping the magnets a part a bit.

I don't understand why so many companies put that on top, when it clearly belongs on the bottom.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
How does the GR8TR compare to the standard kannastor grinders? I recently upgraded from cheapies to a SCS and I'm really happy with it.
I have no idea how their standard grinders perform but it probably isn't far off from a Space case. The hole size and general design looks like it would create a fairly chunky medium grind. I call it a smokers grind, the larger chunks and smaller bits make for good airflow yet tight packing which is ideal for joints.

The GR8TR is a whole different beast. It produces a much finer and more consistent grind that is perfect for vapourizers. It also stays very clean due to the teeth design and the way the top of the grinder sits very deep in the chamber. It does require you to brush out or give the grinder a firm smack on a hard surface to get the last few crumbs to fall through. It's a small pain to deal with that is inevitable if you want such a fine grind.

Ramahs

I have no idea how their standard grinders perform but it probably isn't far off from a Space case. The hole size and general design looks like it would create a fairly chunky medium grind. I call it a smokers grind, the larger chunks and smaller bits make for good airflow yet tight packing which is ideal for joints.

The GR8TR is a whole different beast. It produces a much finer and more consistent grind that is perfect for vapourizers. It also stays very clean due to the teeth design and the way the top of the grinder sits very deep in the chamber. It does require you to brush out or give the grinder a firm smack on a hard surface to get the last few crumbs to fall through. It's a small pain to deal with that is inevitable if you want such a fine grind.

One thing I've noticed about my GR8TR is that, I can drop a very small piece in that grinder, and the grind will come out consistent. that's impossible with most grinders

Top Bottom