Herb Grinders

biohacker

At $95, for a 2 piece it's on the pricey side.

Canadian, it's like 1/2 price in USD :rofl:

I used coffee grinders for years....never again! Unless you love having your trichs knocked right off.

Really looking forward to my 3 piece SCS large. A buddy has a 2 piece large Space Case and holy crap that thing is HUGE! The SCS is like 2.75" I think compared to 3.5" for the SC. I think 2.5-3" is my sweet spot.

Only going to use the medium SCS 4 piece as a 3 piece (got it in a trade, new), hopefully it's not too small, probably 2.25" I think.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Canadian, it's like 1/2 price in USD :rofl:

I used coffee grinders for years....never again! Unless you love having your trichs knocked right off.

Really looking forward to my 3 piece SCS large. A buddy has a 2 piece large Space Case and holy crap that thing is HUGE! The SCS is like 2.75" I think compared to 3.5" for the SC. I think 2.5-3" is my sweet spot.

Only going to use the medium SCS 4 piece as a 3 piece (got it in a trade, new), hopefully it's not too small, probably 2.25" I think.

Ah shit, didn't see that :lmao: minor detail :p

I still feel that if I had dexterity issues the coffee grinder would be my preference. I agree they knock trich's off, easy to see it as the device gets covered in them. But if I had dexterity issues I'm not gonna want to be messing about with drills poised over a grinder. You'd still need to anchor the lower half.

However I just wanted a really nice 2 piece grinder with a bit of weight to it at around 45-50 USD I would definable consider the version without the nut on the top:
http://www.wackywillysweb.com/proddetail.php?prod=boomersgrinder.
http://www.wackywillysweb.com/proddetail.php?prod=boomersgrinder.

I like my cheap plastic version with the pyramid style teeth. This would be like that but just nicer feeling material.

biohacker

haha, I agree...can just picture the person anchoring it with a vice! lol

I look forward to your review man! :tup: I always thought the S&B pyramid teeth style plastic grinder was tits, but I went through too many because of the tips breaking off, and they aren't super friendly to clean. This is like a bomb proof version! The weight is hefty indeed.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I starting to both stress out and loss interest in getting the right grinder .. it's the cost vs function vs fear of disappointment

Really just grinds my gears
I'm sorry if I missed the answer to my question, but I saw you mentioned a coarse grind.. have you tried a scs 3 or 4 piece?

KidFated.,
Reactions: Hjalmark

biohacker

This is an easy situation > SLX

I can get any type of grind I want from coarse to fine. The cleanest grinder on the market easily half the work of anything else. Made with a higher grade of aluminum. Great grinding and it keeps clean longer than any other grinder make the SLX the one to get imo.

Looks like another was just added to my GrAS! Curse you! :rant:

Guess I need to see what all the fuss is about for myself! :D

Doktor Dub

:popcorn:I bought this over a year ago.
http://www.calicrusher.com/Green-Homegrown-Standard-4-Piece-Hard-Top-Grinder_p_69.html
I've never had to clean it and it works flawlessly regardless of bud size or texture. Grind consistency is dependant upon user preference. Teeth layout is unique, the threads are unique everything about it is unique!

Thanks for the info, thought about the Cali Crusher also and this one can be found at vaposhop.de

Can you compare this one to SCS / SLX / Kannastör?

biohacker

I wish I had the last 9 minutes of my life back after watching that review... I applaud myself for making it through to the end though. Looks like a pretty sweet grinder though, time to search this vast thread to see if anyone has taken the plunge yet. Love that 1/4 turn stuff, and looks solid...i'd use it as a 3 piece, the well is nice and deep and curved.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I wish I had the last 9 minutes of my life back after watching that review... I applaud myself for making it through to the end though. Looks like a pretty sweet grinder though, time to search this vast thread to see if anyone has taken the plunge yet. Love that 1/4 turn stuff, and looks solid...i'd use it as a 3 piece, the well is nice and deep and curved.

Haha! :lol: Me, too.

Looks OK, but nothing I feel like I need. Those holes look pretty big for how I like my grind, and not the least bit curious about the different tooth system or openings to stuff nugs into. I also don't know what the hell I would do with that much ground unless I was cooking it, or decided to twist up 5 joints for whatever reason! Different strokes (or is that twists & turns here?), for different folks!

FWIW, still loving my good old SC 2 piece and Kannastor 3 piece does well for me, too. I use the Vape model with the course grinder plate that @waxdab23 sent me out of the kindness of his heart. How fucking sweet is that!?!?!

Anyway... finer GR8TR plate holes often get too jammed up with material. With course plate, I do about 1/2 turn so I can seat top in all the way, grind upside down until I like the feel of resistance, then flip right side up and twist until all falls thru holes into cup. Sounds much worse than it is, and after some practice it gives me perfect grind I'm looking for every time. BTW... this is a 3 pc, so no concerns about being upside down and having kief fall back through screen.

Last edited:

I use mine as 3 piece. As @flotntoke said Different strokes different folks. All the other grinders seem like same old same reinventions of self. I'm different. I wanted different. Works wonderfully well for my vape

Friend Man

My SLX came today! It's a nice solid grinder, looks a bit more dark grey than black, but looks good in any case.

Just ran a huge bud of sticky, resinous Jack OG through it. Very smooth action, no friction at all (though it still has the grinder scraping sound). Holding it right way up, it demolished a full grinder of sticky material in about 10 seconds/4-5 turns. The result was an even, coarse grind.

I put the bud back in and held the SLX upside down, and gave it a good 8-10 turns before flipping it over again for another few turns, to get the green back into the chamber. This time I got a fantastic looking fine grind: I was expecting something closer to powder, but the green is so sticky (and the ceramic lining apparently that effective) that the material is loosely sticking together and 'clumping' in the chamber: it seems to be 'repelled' by the lining.

One thing you can definitely notice is a complete lack of tricomes and hairs in the grinder itself. I mean a complete lack of crystal build up, I've never seen anything like it. However, the grinder itself had a few tiny dots of green remaining inside here and there (have I said it's sticky yet?). I banged both parts together and the vast majority fell out, and what didn't fall out brushed away with no effort using a short stiff brush.

The downside: the 'design' on the bottom is terrible, why would you make a grinder this good and not put any effort into that kind of thing? Oh well, a small quibble. I'm gonna see if I can iso it off.

But so far I'm very happy. Let's hope it continues to work and everything! :tup:

Friend Man

NFwnknC.jpg

I found a way around the logos I don't like :haw: Paint over them with acrylic

OyVape

My SLX came today! It's a nice solid grinder, looks a bit more dark grey than black, but looks good in any case.

Just ran a huge bud of sticky, resinous Jack OG through it. Very smooth action, no friction at all (though it still has the grinder scraping sound). Holding it right way up, it demolished a full grinder of sticky material in about 10 seconds/4-5 turns. The result was an even, coarse grind.

I put the bud back in and held the SLX upside down, and gave it a good 8-10 turns before flipping it over again for another few turns, to get the green back into the chamber. This time I got a fantastic looking fine grind: I was expecting something closer to powder, but the green is so sticky (and the ceramic lining apparently that effective) that the material is loosely sticking together and 'clumping' in the chamber: it seems to be 'repelled' by the lining.

One thing you can definitely notice is a complete lack of tricomes and hairs in the grinder itself. I mean a complete lack of crystal build up, I've never seen anything like it. However, the grinder itself had a few tiny dots of green remaining inside here and there (have I said it's sticky yet?). I banged both parts together and the vast majority fell out, and what didn't fall out brushed away with no effort using a short stiff brush.

The downside: the 'design' on the bottom is terrible, why would you make a grinder this good and not put any effort into that kind of thing? Oh well, a small quibble. I'm gonna see if I can iso it off.

But so far I'm very happy. Let's hope it continues to work and everything! :tup:

Banging the 2 parts together will damage the coating on the ends of the teeth. I found out the hard way. SLX was nice enough to replace mine twice!

little maggie

I been searching for a coarse grind and think I put "Lift innovation" in top of my list

Just wanna buy one grinder as good ones goes for +80 bucks so hoping for perfection

I used to only cut weed with scissors back in the day, always said grinders gave bad cuts for joints :D

Kind of like the blade action with the lift innovation and it seams to give nice big fluffy "grind"

How has it been using it and for what vaporizer? ('s)
Mine is in my discard pile along with several others I've bought. The ones I've stayed with are the SW2 which is my favorite, the SLX. Sometimes I use the Kannastor as a 3 piece but rarely. My manual dexterity is somewhat limited and the SW2 is the smoothest when grinding. The SLX gets stuck a bit but is still smoother than others I've tried.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I was expecting something closer to powder, but the green is so sticky (and the ceramic lining apparently that effective) that the material is loosely sticking together and 'clumping' in the chamber: it seems to be 'repelled' by the lining.
I too have noticed this clumping. I've never seen it in another grinder. I also get really sticky material most of the time, I'm not sure if that is part of the reason. The clumping almost seems like a static cling effect too.

The SLX also produces the fluffiness grind I've seen, but I haven't used the SCS, and it is generally considered to be at the top for fluffiness. I wonder if the SCS causes cannabis clumps as well?

Friend Man

I too have noticed this clumping. I've never seen it in another grinder. I also get really sticky material most of the time, I'm not sure if that is part of the reason. The clumping almost seems like a static cling effect too.

The SLX also produces the fluffiness grind I've seen, but I haven't used the SCS, and it is generally considered to be at the top for fluffiness. I wonder if the SCS causes cannabis clumps as well?

It does seem like a static cling! And yeah, maybe someone with an SCS can tell us if they have ever seen the clumps...they're pretty fun, you can make little towers and stuff.

@stonedbob Thanks, I might go over it with something else later, I just wanted to see if it would work. I used acrylics because I had them out anyway, but you could probably get better results with some matte enamel, or if you're careful, good ol' spray paint

Doktor Dub

Thanks for all your help, i just ordered the SLX grinder from vapourtown.com

As i am not good in doing decisions like that, i am still not sure if choosing the bigger size and colour charcoal grey was right.....

But looking forward to my new toy :-)

Just a first feedback regarding vapourtown.com - i have to say i am not 100% happy with how they handled my oder.
Before i ordered i sent them a mail regarding shipping to Germany and got a quite fast response. then i ordered and payed via Paypal.
After that i wanted to ad an item to my order and perhaps change the colour of the Grinder. I wrote three mails to Vapourtown but no response. Next day and the day after this - no response.
Then i got a shipping notification. It seems that my order is now on the way (but did not arrive till now).

I am sure it will be alright, but it leaves a bit of bad taste.... and i will not order the single item for these shipping costs....

:2c:

Top Bottom