1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Herb Grinders

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by vtac, Mar 20, 2008.

1. InterplanetaryTanner

InterplanetaryTanner Interplanetary Development Accessory Maker

Yeah. Probably too much is the issue.

Between that, and as a result the threading getting to tight because it's too hard to turn when it's too full, we've got new threads already worked out. And the teeth will be changed so there's multiple smaller offset little loading address.

2. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

with any 3 piece or 4 piece if I loaded too much or if it was too wet/sticky the threads would become jammed and I too would need to summon hulk like strength to open them back up. so I'm sure its not just the SW grinders.

3. muunch

muunch zzzzz

Oh yeah, the nugs I was grinding up were pretty hard. GSCxOGKush, very very very dense - they clinked (albeit fairly lightly) against the glass of my mason jars. Just figured I'd note it. The SW2 has been enough for me with daily use past 6 months. Put at least a half lb thru so far and just as good as when I originally got it.

Barely have gunky buildup on inside of top chamber w the teeth and all.

Pretty impressed and can't wait for the SW3

4. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

No gunk for me either. That's supposed to be the selling point of the SLX but my SLX gunks. What is the SW3 and why would I want one?

InterplanetaryTanner likes this.
  5. muunch

muunch zzzzz

SW3 is (I assume) the name of the new grinder from @InterplanetaryTanner - not sure when it will be released (probably a bit off now, since the SW2 was the beginning of this year) but you'll probably want it since he is actively soliciting feedback from us here.

Any improvements to the SW2 will be very welcomed as this grinder has been pretty much perfect for my needs at a great price point (fairly sure I paid $25 and no shipping on my SW2...)

Vapor_Eyes, Prolusio, Derrrpp and 3 others like this.
  6. gonzorelli777

gonzorelli777 Vape virgin

Crap, sorry to hear this. There must have been small changes made in the threading/dimensions between various iterations of the design.

Vapor_Eyes, Derrrpp and KidFated. like this.
  7. InterplanetaryTanner

Probably about 12-15 months.

8. rodders83

rodders83 Contemplator of dual Mighty's

Mine had the same uniform knurling dimples but the part as a replacement for the kief bottom section has different spacing and overall as @gonzorelli777 said there must of been a change somewhere. I do not think the same CNC machine made these or there was changes made somewhere.

My current bottom section fits, But weirdly on one side if you ran your nail down it would catch on one side the rest of the grinder is flawless. But if i installed the new one you could not run a nail down the side of the grinder it would catch all the way around on the new one. It must be half a mm if even that so it is incredibly small tolerances.

For replacements and parts to be sold on the website you would need to know everything fits all iterations.

Vapor_Eyes, Derrrpp and KidFated. like this.
  9. Critronton

Critronton Well-Known Member

How do I get a SW2 for $25? I'll buy one now!

Derrrpp likes this.
  10. muunch

muunch zzzzz

It was $40 flat after looking up my receipt.

Whoops.

Still pretty good imo. ID does sales pretty regularly so I'm sure you can nab it for just as cheap, if not cheaper

11. little maggie

You might message the interplanetary tanner here and see if you can get one for a discount. I'm pretty sure I paid $25 during a sale.

Derrrpp and InterplanetaryTanner like this.
  12. InterplanetaryTanner

I've been thinking about doing another 35% off summer sale... If I do it, will you guys tell all your friends?

13. muunch

muunch zzzzz

I'd probably buy that second sw2 I've been thinking about for a while now...

14. JRyan

JRyan Active Member

Absolutely! Everyone I sent the last sale to was very satisfied. Heck, I'd pickup a few just to have around as spares or gifts.

15. InterplanetaryTanner

Alrighty. Sale is live now until next Monday! Code: Summer17

It's 35% off everything. And Free US shipping starts at $49!

Tell all your friends!

16. Critronton

Critronton Well-Known Member

I'll post it on my Instagram

17. needalift

needalift Well-Known Member

What's the big difference between secret weapons l & ll ?

InterplanetaryTanner likes this.
  18. space.case

space.case The Original Space Case Manufacturer

Wow. We are seriously concerned about this and are here to help. For consistency, the pieces are always machined together. Generally we can match one piece to another with no issues. It is possible the machining can cause a slight minor difference, but it sounds that it's a big difference. Can you send some pictures to my space case email? Thanks!

19. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

I love how on the ball you guys are. any chance you guys are ever gunna do a limited run of hooded sweatshirts or crewneck sweatshirts? :cool:

gonzorelli777 likes this.
  20. TRDreviews

TRDreviews Vaked

make an IG post, I'll repost you in my story

21. steama

steama Well-Known Member

This can't be new so I don't know why I didn't try this little trick before now? I applied beeswax to the friction surfaces of my SLX and polished it off. It makes it glide even better, a lot better. I am going to apply this process to all my grinders in the line up. I use beeswax but one could also use a very small amount of coconut oil with a q-tip.

I think this little trick may possibly help a person that struggles with twisting an herb grinder even if it is just a little bit easier.

22. Bdubbdiblets

Bdubbdiblets Well-Known Member

Pulled the trigger, was sitting on the fence for a bit but price is too good with 35% off! Also love that there is such good representation on here...

Tbh love my SLX but excited to try this. It gets a lotta love on here!! Figure with both im set!!:shrug::freak:

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

23. Pustupillo

Pustupillo Fucked combustion since may 2017 ^_^

Today i received my Black Tie Grinder and im quite happy of it!! The grinding is finer than my old cheap aluminium grinder and this new one costed me just 25€!!

If you are searching for a cheap quality grinder this is a good go to product imo

24. InterplanetaryTanner

The black tie is certainly a decent economical choice. However, if you're choosing a grinder based on cost, there's literally a ton of different brand names that are exactly the grinder as the black tie for about have the cost.

Aimless Ryan likes this.
  25. little maggie

It looks like it gets good reviews on Amazon. But while the interplanetary ones are on sale I would get one of those. They turn easily and don't really need much cleaning.
    One thing I find about grinders is that many of them work great when new, over time they seem to clog or get harder to turn. I'm trying to avoid getting new grinders although the designed interplanetary ones draw me- but they'd be too much money. Anyway, I'd love to hear how you like it in 6 months or so.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors