Herb Grinders

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
Just a first feedback regarding vapourtown.com - i have to say i am not 100% happy with how they handled my oder.
Before i ordered i sent them a mail regarding shipping to Germany and got a quite fast response. then i ordered and payed via Paypal.
After that i wanted to ad an item to my order and perhaps change the colour of the Grinder. I wrote three mails to Vapourtown but no response. Next day and the day after this - no response.
Then i got a shipping notification. It seems that my order is now on the way (but did not arrive till now).

I am sure it will be alright, but it leaves a bit of bad taste.... and i will not order the single item for these shipping costs....

:2c:
That's not great. I have been waiting for a response to an inquiry I made on their Facebook since the first week of June...I guess they don't put too much time into social media/email management.

Stormsend

Hey thinking of getting a kannastor gr8tr or grale grinder. I had a med. space case for years and looking to upgrade. Anyone have first hand knowledge of these two grinders or should I stick with the vape case.

Stormsend,

Doktor Dub

do a search for gr8tr and kannastor in this thread, quite a few owners. The original 4 piece Kannastor has been very good to me for years. The gr8tr seemed to have some problems at the start.

Doktor Dub,

Smokinjoe

I know this isn't a vape thread, but what grinder do u guys use with your vapes has been big for me.

Do u think some of the nicer ones at ptf are worth it? I do have a real space case but it's the tiny 1.25 in so I don't think the brand effects performance

It just has lasted 6 yrs, but curious about the Santa Cruz grinders n others.

I have the cheap one u get free when u buy a nicer vape from ptf.

How many of you guys popped 50/60/70 for a premium grinder??

If so, u think they are worth it??

Modnote: Threads merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Tranquility

I know this isn't a vape thread, but what grinder do u guys use with your vapes has been big for me.

Do u think some of the nicer ones at ptf are worth it? I do have a real space case but it's the tiny 1.25 in so I don't think the brand effects performance

While you may be looking for specific answers, some have some thoughts on the grinder issues here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herb-grinders.15/page-343

Doktor Dub

Modnote: Threads merged

For me, a quality grinder is absolutely worth it, even more than most other Vape equipment. I owned MANY cheap and semi-cheap ones, they never lasted and they never were satisfying in use.
Bought a Kannastör, it lasted about 10 Years of daily use and was nice to use.

Yesterday, i recieved my first SLX Grinder. I think i have to give it some time before i can give a good Feedback.
First impression: Looks good and well built, but not quite as good as the Kannastör.
Grinding itself works VERY good, it turns easy and not many turns are needed.
I think the chamber where your ground Herb gets is not quite deep enough, loved this on my old Grinder.
I am not sure what to think of the screen without threading.

Will do more testing! :science:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Anyone have first hand knowledge of these two grinders

I own a GR8TER Vape and I use it as my main grinder. It comes with the fine plate only and it grinds very fine but with a very airy consistency, no clumps at all. The holes are very small and if your weed is a bit moist they will clog. I would like to also have the coarser plate but unfortunately it can't be found anywhere. The top storage space is very useful and the storage puck you can make with the top and bottom parts is also great. Build quality is excellent, the threads are well cut but also too long, unscrewing the bottom part requires a lot of turning. I read about troubles with the plate coming loose but mine stays pretty tight.

Friend Man

@Doktor Dub - I got my SLX from Namastevapes. I just checked and it seems they have a German division. In fact, it seems they operate everywhere. If you're bothered, here's how my experience went down (apologies if this isn't the right thread):

I went with them because the SLX was cheaper from them than anywhere else, but most importantly, they had Saturday delivery option. I wasn't going to be in the following days so Saturday delivery was a must. I placed the order no problem, confirmation email came through etc., but surprise, the delivery company DPD messed up. They admitted responsibility after a while but said I had to contact the sender for a refund.

Bear in mind this is after leaving DPD messages etc. for literally 5-6 hours. So I go back to Namaste expecting a similar ballache. However, on their website they have a live chat window that's open from 10am-10pm. I spoke to the guy there and told him what happened, and he told me the delivery would be refunded. It took like 2 minutes and he was falling over himself apologizing to me the whole time. It was all sorted, no quibbles or hassle at all. Great, right?

But, here's the thing - I checked my account after forgetting about it for a week or so, and the refund had not come through. I contacted customer service again and they sorted it out, again it took a couple of minutes. Their customer service is great, there's always someone there and they are always well trained and very helpful...except for forgetting the refund the first time around. But podoy's nerfect etc. As I say, they have a German site (with Deutsche chat window) so you'd save on the shipping as well, if indeed you ever care to order from them.

@Smokinjoe - I too got an SLX recently, I've had it about two weeks. My thoughts are in a post above, but in short, I love it. I use it without the screen cuz it's all getting vaped anyway. Just keep a stiff small brush around and I do believe it may never get clogged...as I say though, I've only had it a couple of weeks.

@InterplanetaryTanner , the SW2 was my first choice but I didn't want to get stiffed by customs and end up paying £100+ for a grinder, so I went with national delivery. I am very interested in your news

Last edited by a moderator:

elykpeace

exVASted
I just returned a slx. I found the teeth to be dull and it felt cheap in my hand compared to the med 2 peice SCS
I don't like the lil screen that just jiggles in the slx but I was going to use it as a 3 peice ... Just wasn't for me I guess.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Smokinjoe - I too got an SLX recently, I've had it about two weeks. My thoughts are in a post above, but in short, I love it. I use it without the screen cuz it's all getting vaped anyway. Just keep a stiff small brush around and I do believe it may never get clogged...as I say though, I've only had it a couple of weeks.

You will be right for a few months easy :tup:. I am a fan of letting it build up over a week or so & then brushing it out into a small bowl of ground bud. I have damaged my SLX a bit through overloading & general roughness but even if I replace it (with another SLX) I have been more than happy with the fucking hard life it has lived. Still watching @InterplanetaryTanner closely as he develops the SW3. It looks very promising.

InterplanetaryTanner

Interplanetary Development
Manufacturer
That's great news, I'm still looking for a new grinder but ruled out the SW due to EU unavailability.
How fine does it grind? I need something coarser than the Kannastor with the fine plate.

I think someone here should be able to answer that?

Still watching @InterplanetaryTanner closely as he develops the SW3. It looks very promising.

Lol! It's so early in development there's hardly even any physical proof it exists! But I'm glad to hear it's already looking good. :sherlock:

little maggie

The brands you ask of are of a higher quality than most without a doubt.

The SLX is machined out of 7075 T6 aluminum to prevent cross-threading, bent and broken teeth, or other damage. Most grinders are made from weaker 6 series aluminum. 7 series is more expensive to machine, but it ensures your SLX herb grinder will last a lifetime. I do not know of another grinder made out of this quality of aluminum (but what do I know). :p

I feel the machining on the Santa Cruz is the best of all the brands I have used. It's truly a work of art.

The grind results of either brand are top shelf. Nothing better than the Santa Cruz imo.

But I think there may be something better than them all lurking out there in the grinder wilderness. :nod:
Are you teasing us? What is this other grinder that's lurking?

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
The SLX is machined out of 7075 T6 aluminum to prevent cross-threading, bent and broken teeth, or other damage. Most grinders are made from weaker 6 series aluminum. 7 series is more expensive to machine, but it ensures your SLX herb grinder will last a lifetime. I do not know of another grinder made out of this quality of aluminum (but what do I know). :p
Mendo Mulchers use aluminum 6061-T6 bar stock. We have some of them 20% off thru today (ends Midnight EST) at 420EDC. Use code: 2YEARS

Here is a good breakdown of the various aluminum alloys:
https://www.metalsupermarkets.com/7-things-consider-choosing-aluminum-grade/

Gigsabits53

I need some help from the wonderful people of FC on this grinder stuff. I am looking at the SCS 3 piece. I currently have two cheaper grinders, black tie and a chromium crusher. The black tie is one I would not buy again. The crusher is just ok.

My question is about 3 piece vs 4 piece? Why would I want a 3 piece? Both of my grinders are 4 piece with the kief collector, which I like. In reading through many pages of the thread I see lots of people using 3 piece. That got me to thinking that I'm probably missing out on something here :)

The SCS 3 piece looks really nice! I do like the big bucket on it. Maybe that is what people like about them?

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I need some help from the wonderful people of FC on this grinder stuff. I am looking at the SCS 3 piece. I currently have two cheaper grinders, black tie and a chromium crusher. The black tie is one I would not buy again. The crusher is just ok.

My question is about 3 piece vs 4 piece? Why would I want a 3 piece? Both of my grinders are 4 piece with the kief collector, which I like. In reading through many pages of the thread I see lots of people using 3 piece. That got me to thinking that I'm probably missing out on something here :)

The SCS 3 piece looks really nice! I do like the big bucket on it. Maybe that is what people like about them?
just depends if you wanted a kief catcher or not.

InterplanetaryTanner

Interplanetary Development
Manufacturer
Hey now. Take it easy man!

I assumed that because you failed to convince anyone else to buy one, that you bought one yourself. - And you either were waiting for it to show up in the mail, or really liked it so you were continuing to tease it... from this additional post, id say my reading and comprehension skills are on point. :brow:

We don't typically buy grinders because we uh, have plenty. - But really, we don't care so much for our opinions as we do about the opinions of the users. Which is why I was happy to see that you either are still awaiting for it to arrive, or are a huge fan.

Top Bottom