Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

LesPlenty

Company Rep
S&B caps are aluminium, the Healthy Rips Fierce will have s/s caps, I have the S&B caps for my Plenty.....forgot what I was going to say:hmm:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: bossman

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Does anybody know if the S+B dosing capsules will fit in the Fierce? I have a ton of them and if they fit I will order a Fierce.
Hi, No the S&B dosing capsules are wider than our FIERCE Chamber. However, our FIERCE dosing capsules are stainless steel (not aluminum) and are designed for multiple uses.

@HealthyRips.com Did this goal for the battery become a reality? TY!
Hi, Yes! We are getting approximately 2 hours of battery use per charge in our FIERCE testing.

Have an amazing day!
Healthy Rips Team
http://www.healthyrips.com

Snavster

So dam tempting. Anyone got advice here,

Vape sessions are 40% solo, 30% 2 - 3 people and 30% 3-5 people, vape 1-3 times a week. Think this would be a good buy over an Argo? One has a bigger bowl one is a lot smaller which I prefer

Snavster,
Reactions: LesPlenty

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Snavster I'll be first - okay, second - to say fuck the Argo. That's easy for me to do not having tried it myself.

The argo is a plastic body and nobody in the various clips and online reviews claims or demonstrates big clouds. The ability to generate big hits is important to me.

I'd instead liken the Fierce to the Solo II. If I order one it'll be with the hopes of the mouthpiece options being a bit more fun and the vapor quality being more comparable since the Fury 2 is a bit harsh and flavorless without the glass accessories.

jayhof

Hi everyone this is my first post here and I hope that this isn't a stupid question but why is there a session timer if it is a convection vape? Do you need to press a bouton when you take a draw like on a firefly, Ghost Mv1 or a Haze Square? Or can you just draw for as long as you like without pressing a button? @healthyrips.com I heard that the Furry 2 could be a bit on the harsher side at warmer temps do you think since the Fierce will be bigger will it help to make the vapor smoother than the Furry 2? I LIke my Vapor nice and smooth. Have there been any issues with ghost hits with no visible vapor? I tend to keep Boveda 62% pack in my herb and I know my MV1 and Haze Squair perform better with dryer Herb is that also true they the Furry 2 or Fierce? Thanks for your time and input.
Best Jayhof

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hi everyone this is my first post here and I hope that this isn't a stupid question but why is there a session timer if it is a convection vape? Do you need to press a bouton when you take a draw like on a firefly, Ghost Mv1 or a Haze Square? Or can you just draw for as long as you like without pressing a button? @healthyrips.com I heard that the Furry 2 could be a bit on the harsher side at warmer temps do you think since the Fierce will be bigger will it help to make the vapor smoother than the Furry 2? I LIke my Vapor nice and smooth. Have there been any issues with ghost hits with no visible vapor? I tend to keep Boveda 62% pack in my herb and I know my MV1 and Haze Squair perform better with dryer Herb is that also true they the Furry 2 or Fierce? Thanks for your time and input.
Best Jayhof
Welcome to FC @jayhof
I will try to answer a few of your questions:

The session timer is there to protect the vape from overheating as well as saving battery life. If you put the vape down for a minute and forget about it (been known to happen) the auto shut off insures it not staying on and draining the battery as well as damaging the innards from overheating.

Once you turn it on, you do not need to touch any additional buttons to get vapor (it is not an on-demand vapor).

Some find the higher temps harsh, but I have several other vapes that are much harsher. I think most people are able to tolerate it very well.
The only times I get ghost hits are when it’s time to up the temp or the bowl is kicked. (Or really low temps).

The beauty of the Fury (and hopefully the Fierce) is that you don’t need to worry about grind or moisture. Just fill the bowl, heat it up and take a hit. I grind mine, but there are plenty here that just put in a nug or two and voila!

It is one of the easiest vapes to use and really has no learning curve.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@jayhof These are good questions.

It's not really a convection vape but a hybrid like the Fury 2. I don't know why HR keeps bragging on it like it's convection only with a touch of conduction. The inserted glass mouthpieces should act as an insulator and create a bit more convection, similar to what happens with the Solo II or something like that where you load a glass stem rather than the chamber itself.

It's also a session vape for sure, not on-demand: you don't just hit a button the way you would on a Tubo, a Lil Bud, Milanna, or a MV1 to heat right before you draw. Again the Fierce is like the Fury 2 or any Arizer device where you turn it on and it heats up to temp in the first 30 seconds or so.

I do think the Fury 2 is a bit harsh at higher temps but it also rips at those high temps which is handy for using the glass WPA along with a bubbler or bong.

Of course I'm mostly just speculating with regard to the Fierce stuff. I'm still going to order one because my Fury 2 is really flexible and useful and my Solo II never leaves the house since it's a bit less convenient to deal with the glass stems and the device itself isn't very stealthy.

Oh and no ghost hits with these hybrid session vapes. The downside is you're kinda cooking your material if you just sit there staring into space for a minute or two between draws. The upside is that a hybrid with a punchy heater like the Fury2 is a great performer and extracts really well with no stirring. Most on demand convection vapes prefer a bit of stirring.

Edit: you tell him, @Jill NYC! =)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have just gotten over my aluminium induced Alzheimer's episode and would just like to thank HR for a non aluminium vape with glass and s/s accessories.
I do not really like pre-orders, so many other manufacturers have had bad press due to not releasing on stated dates and these delays are usually unavoidable and not the sellers fault.
I look forward to getting one during the next round of sales, if I can resist until then.:tup:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I preordered the Fierce glass bundle last night! I wish the logo on the device itself was more understated like the stealthy Fury 2 logo. I'll be excited to try it out and I'm considering unwatching this thread so the month can scoot on by without me watching the calendar.

SixPax

Hi, No the S&B dosing capsules are wider than our FIERCE Chamber. However, our FIERCE dosing capsules are stainless steel (not aluminum) and are designed for multiple uses.
Ok thank you. I have the Fury 2 (amazing vape) and have about 25 dosing capsules for it. I love the capsules and the Fury 2. I like that they are stainless steel but I don't really mind the aluminum tbh and haven't had any issues with reusing them.

What I don't love unfortunately is the cost compared to the other ones which are 8 times cheaper and I can load 40 at a time with the loading tray kit. As a medical user I go through an awful lot of capsules and it would be cost prohibitive for me to buy the 200+ or so capsules I like to have in rotation and it takes me way longer to load these since I have to do them one at a time.

If you guys come out with cheaper capsules and a good way to load many at a time I will absolutely get the FIERCE. I will watch this thread in anticipation :)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don't really mind the aluminum tbh and haven't had any issues with reusing them.
Even S&B say their caps are single use only (probably trying to avoid future court costs), aluminium takes a long time to make you sick, s/s is the way to go, they will also last 10 times longer than ally, so 8x dearer is cheap, especially seeing your health is involved.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: lookhigh

Snavster

@Snavster I'll be first - okay, second - to say fuck the Argo. That's easy for me to do not having tried it myself.

The argo is a plastic body and nobody in the various clips and online reviews claims or demonstrates big clouds. The ability to generate big hits is important to me.

I'd instead liken the Fierce to the Solo II. If I order one it'll be with the hopes of the mouthpiece options being a bit more fun and the vapour quality being more comparable since the Fury 2 is a bit harsh and flavourless without the glass accessories.

Yeah thats why im a bit torn up. Tried the Fury 2 and Air, like them both its more a probability issues, the fierce is a fair size, but then again the argo has a small bowl and lower clouds (not fussed too much about vapour production) so its a tough call.

Might need to wait for more photos and reviews etc to get a rough idea i guess.

@elykpeace what make you say that? bowl size, flavor etc? Plus at the moment i can get a hold of an argo for £166 where as the fierce would be around £200

Snavster,

elykpeace

exVASted
Yeah thats why im a bit torn up. Tried the Fury 2 and Air, like them both its more a probability issues, the fierce is a fair size, but then again the argo has a small bowl and lower clouds (not fussed too much about vapour production) so its a tough call.

Might need to wait for more photos and reviews etc to get a rough idea i guess.

@elykpeace what make you say that? bowl size, flavor etc? Plus at the moment i can get a hold of an argo for £166 where as the fierce would be around £200
Fury 2 was a better preformer for me then the solo2.. similar stem into stainless steel oven hole. The Argo is plastic and fierce is alloy

Conversion rate puts the fierce at £167.92 before the shipping which im not sure how much that is but not much more

Snavster

Fury 2 was a better preformer for me then the solo2.. similar stem into stainless steel oven hole. The Argo is plastic and fierce is alloy

Conversion rate puts the fierce at £167.92 before the shipping which im not sure how much that is but not much more

Seems like a few people have said that so i guess if i have the cash ill go fierce :) normally when things get sold here it is not a straight conversion, like the argo is selling in the US for 180-200 usd and here 170-200 gbp. Hopefully the fierce is closer to the 160 end when it gets sold here lmao

OF

It's not really a convection vape but a hybrid like the Fury 2. I don't know why HR keeps bragging on it like it's convection only with a touch of conduction.

Again the Fierce is like the Fury 2 or any Arizer device where you turn it on and it heats up to temp in the first 30 seconds or so.

Oh and no ghost hits with these hybrid session vapes. The downside is you're kinda cooking your material if you just sit there staring into space for a minute or two between draws.

I agree, and will even go a step further. There's really no such thing as a 'hybrid' vape when it comes to making vapor. Conduction, convection and radiation are three separate modes, each with it's own rules.....Thermodynamics rules. Like 'heat flows from hot to cold'? That means, for instance, for hot air to provide the heat (energy) needed to make vapor and leave the vape still over 400F it has to enter the load much hotter than 400F? Convection vapes like Fire Fly, Thermovape products and such have GLOWING HOT sources, that heat air like 1000F and they 'eat up the battery to do it. Llike Fury 2, Solo/Air/ArGo, Fms and their ilk, battery life alone 'proves' it's not really (pure) convection (additional heat losses from the very hot source would prevent this with convection).

That's not to say F2 is straight conduction. It uses the heater that normally heats the load to preheat the incoming air (much like a heat riser in a car). This means the normally cold air is now warm, even hot, and therefore doesn't rob (conduction) heat that would normally be making vapor to heat it up in the load. The total output is therefore more dense. A plus. But the actual work of making vapor is still conduction.

To make convection work the incoming air has to be hotter than the outgoing air so it can give up energy to make vapor. Them's the rules. You can do some good work with preheating (where the heater simply draws more power to keep the load at working temperature) but from a Thermodynamics POV that's not using convection to make vapor. Likewise, radiation needs a huge 'delta' (difference in temperature in degrees) between source and load to work for us. The sun heats the earth only because it's much much hotter and can throw hot photons at us faster that we can throw them back. Ever see a Bender (IR vape from D9)? It's source is incandescent and quite close and IMO doesn't work all that well at that. No way it's going to happen with 400F type temperatures.

Not that the idea isn't popular. Sort of like "Turbo" used to be on PCs? Customers (that means 'guys' like you and me) somehow 'know' convection is better than radiation or conduction. And Customers are always right you know. It's very normal, therefore, to want to have convection? And claiming it can only help sales. But Thermodynamics got there first, with laws that must be followed?

Then again Shakespeare what quite right when he said 'a rose by any other name would smell as sweet'. The proof is in the vapor, and F2 proves it's worth there IMO. I have great hope for Fierce since it's freed of some of the limits on F2 and can/will stand shoulder to shoulder with top end vapes like Solo/Air I hope. No matter how it heats......it's just that I think we should use technical terms correctly?

We'll know very soon, but if this isn't a truly fine machine for making vapor I'll be very very surprised and want to know why!

Regards to all, as we wait out the big day.

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
There's really no such thing as a 'hybrid' vape when it comes to making vapor.
I strongly disagree and I have temp charts to prove it. Technically convection is a combination of advection+conduction. So you could say that all vapes are conduction but that would be pedantic for our purposes here. Dismissing units that apply pre-heated air into the chamber as simply conduction misses the point of having a lower temperature during standby than during the draw. That is what so many of us enjoy over straight conduction ovens that are cooking the load at the same temp the entire time (and the cooling air entering the chamber causes a drop in temp during the draw).

We have vapes that cool the chamber during a draw and vapes that increase chamber temp during the draw (due to the pre-heated incoming air). This is the distinction that members are referring to as we discuss "hybrid" devices.

In any case, this thread is not the place to debate this topic, so feel free PM me if you like, but let's not clog up this thread about it.

Thank you.

:peace:

sickmanfraud

For all UK vaporists who may have had their eye on a Fury 2 : Everyonedoesit.uk has them for 120 pounds.

I don't know what this means for Fierce or Fierce pre-orders, but there is some time to ask @HealthyRips.com will Everyonedoesit.uk have the fierce? When? Price?"

sickmanfraud,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Had the pleasure of hanging with a buddy last night and using his Fury 2 - simply amazing! Taste, airflow, specific temp, effective (seeing the ABV afterwards), and we used the dosing capsule and without one. I'm 99.8% certain I'll be purchasing a Fierce based on this. True it's bigger than the F2 which diminishes the portability and stealth a bit but everything else should be the same if not better. I don't own a table-top or plug-in vape so the available and optional glass accessories make it truly compelling.

On a whim I contacted HR directly last week wondering about two things and they replied almost immediately. How's that for customer service not to mention all of their posts herein? These folks know what they're doing! I guess having a few products (and accessories) under their belt helps, not to mention the lead-up time for pre-order for the Fierce and all the development that went into it drawing a page from the F2.

"You can still put the smell proof cover on over the Glass Mouthpiece if you want to, but it doesn't fit quite right. It stick up a bit more than the native plastic Mouthpiece, so there's some empty space between the top of the body and the cover." (NOTE: glass on the go is borderlines dicey for me and I'm scared it will break, but the standard mouthpiece is more than adequate for me and was curious if the smell cover would fit and protect the glass mouthpiece.)

AND(!!)

"We will be shipping every FIERCE preoder simultaneously on the official product release date - August 27th! We will have more than enough inventory, and everything for these orders will be prepared ahead of time to avoid backlog. We plan on processing every FIERCE preorder throughout the week prior to the launch date, during which you will receive a tracking number for your package. If you have any other questions or concerns, we are here to help!"

So I have little concern about placing an order soon and it arriving soon thereafter - that's the bottom line which is opposite of another pre-order for a different vape unit I purchased a few years ago. Can't wait! :-)

P.S. stated herein I believe is that Fierce accessories should be listed on their site @ 8/20 - so you can add these to a pre-order. Fantastic!!

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Approx 7 days until Fierce accessories will be on their site. Can't wait. Ordering a Fierce soon! Time to celebrate :leaf::brow:

Vaporific,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom