Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I give vapes away all the time. There comes a point where my relationship with certain objects comes to an end. I sell vapes about as much as I give them away. Easy come easy go.

I tried cleaning my Fierce for two hours and I still had a taste issue. I did about four max temp runs to burn off any residue and I could not get past a foreign odor/taste. So I had my pal give the Fierce a go to see what he thought.

Hey look, Mickey likes it! He liked it, noticed nothing strange at all, so I gave it to him. Why not? I was not planning on using it after I got stuck on the taste of something that wasn't herb.

I am swearing off electronic portables and sticking with my omni vapcap...that's all I need.

Good luck and goodbye to all you Fierce owners!

:tup::tup:
I had the same problem with the Fury 2 on multiple units. Ended up giving up on it. Was hoping the Fierce wouldn't have the same weird smell/taste.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So is the smell/taste there to stay?
Not if the F2 is anything to go on, new car smell will dissipate eventually, as stated, the packing foam does not help. The units are straight from the factory sealed up airtight so will stink to start with.:tup:

LesPlenty,

Azn2101

Not if the F2 is anything to go on, new car smell will dissipate eventually, as stated, the packing foam does not help. The units are straight from the factory sealed up airtight so will stink to start with.:tup:

My F2 smell wouldn't go away after many many many many may burnoffs and bowls.

I got my F2 second hand (was bought for wax/concentrates) and as kids would call it styrofart (if that is even the smell that ill be encountering) but thats a side note.

Im confused but interested as to why it wouldn't go away.

Edit: Thats actually stupid to say "it's a side note" cause the smell is the main topic =/ *Face-Palm*

Azn2101,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Maybe I have not had the troubles with robotfart as I have only been using the WPA as a mouthpiece, it does not taste quite as good as my WoodScents or Arizer Air, but is a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to live with, heat up time and size to start with, not to mention how good a job it does as a carb cap on my cleisen with any bong. :tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Vaporific

VivaVape

Assuming I can loose the robo smell, what smell proof case works best for the Fierce?

VivaVape,

ShedDweller

I'm excited to try it. Like most vapes I expect it will take a few weeks of use before a solid opinion can be formed.

I remember when I first tried my omni, the taste was horrendous. After about a month it had become my standard driver.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You guys are bumming me out with your fart smelling and your easy come easy go giveaways. Mine is out for delivery today.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Fart smelling...?

“M’lady...the air is fresh!” (Per Sir Didymus). Now, name that movie!

labryinth-movie-remake.jpg

OF

You guys are bumming me out with your fart smelling and your easy come easy go giveaways. Mine is out for delivery today.

I suggest having a little faith here. Smells are very subjective, some few seem to find it objectionable with every vape? And sometimes it's a 'deal breaker' for them. I doubt they really think anything is wrong or dangerous or they wouldn't give them to friends?

Some guys have 'weed to burn', huge stashes due to successful 'grow' projects, most scrape to get a gram or two. IMO you can't go by others experiences there too.

We don't have any experiences on FIERCE yet, at least not enough to be basing decisions on. Lots of products packaged in die cut foam have that 'new sneakers smell' out of the box, but like things from a household with a heavy cigarette smoker, such things 'air out' over time (after all the smell got on the surfaces through the air, right? Given the maker, I seriously doubt any problems for the vast majority of owners (as it should be lest HR go broke covering all the returns?).

And don't pay serious attention to 'robo-fart' and other glib descriptions of 'new product smells'. Many new products smell on first heating (toasters and hair dryers come to mind). It's not a literal fart smell from a robot with indigestion you know.......perhaps more along the lines of 'a smell I can't identify and don't like'?

Not to worry. Open up your box, charge it fully before first use, clean/wash what you can, do a couple of burn offs at maximum temperature (until you're comfortable), load it up and make up your own mind? In the end your opinion is the only one that really counts.......

Regards to all.

OF

MonkeyTime

So the hype was not real (again)

... Mighty still rules
Not so fast there little buckaroo!

I've had mine since Sunday, and yes, mine smelled, but it's already better.

It's more than just a large F2, and I'm still learning, but there's a lot to like here.

Will it take the place of my trusted, loved Mighty? I really don't know yet, but it sure has the makings to give it a run!

Few quick notes.....

Almost exclusively thru glass so far. I've used the standard mouthpiece, but only to try it twice. The glass works far too well and is easy. The standard glass out and about and the bent stem at home have been winners!

What's up with that crazy bubbler! I was hoping it was a no-spill design so you could turn it upside down without losing water.......nope! It's awkward, but I haven't played with it enough to store it away just yet.

For those of you who were looking for the silicone cover it's its ......but not as usable or efficient and the F2 version. Mine is close to loose. It doesn't work well with the glass adapter either.

@HealthyRips.com , two for ya!

1. Any chance you'd like to design a cover for use with the standard glass? A little longer than the current version, maybe some padding in the small glass area? I'm thinking it would sell.

2. You mentioned the silicone inside the glass adapter was good with the heat, how about the plastic and whole body? It would be handy to be able to protect the hot end after a bowl by just pulling the glass back and into the adapter until cool. Is the rest of it good with that sort of heat?

3. Maybe I missed it, but any idea on the timeline for the charging dock and spare batteries? I'm looking to place an accessories order but would hold off if they were working on a stable schedule and could be combined.

I could see a travel kit of an extra battery, a couple of doob tubes and maybe 5 pre loaded stems with caps being a start of a great weekend away! New cut away foam already on order!

I'm not getting the clouds I was expecting, but she extracts and is clearly much more convection than conduction now.

Much more to learn, but I'm very happy so far.

Side note, wasn't impressed with the included grinder.....

Baron23

I suggest having a little faith here. Smells are very subjective, some few seem to find it objectionable with every vape? And sometimes it's a 'deal breaker' for them. I doubt they really think anything is wrong or dangerous or they wouldn't give them to friends?

Some guys have 'weed to burn', huge stashes due to successful 'grow' projects, most scrape to get a gram or two. IMO you can't go by others experiences there too.

We don't have any experiences on FIERCE yet, at least not enough to be basing decisions on. Lots of products packaged in die cut foam have that 'new sneakers smell' out of the box, but like things from a household with a heavy cigarette smoker, such things 'air out' over time (after all the smell got on the surfaces through the air, right? Given the maker, I seriously doubt any problems for the vast majority of owners (as it should be lest HR go broke covering all the returns?).

And don't pay serious attention to 'robo-fart' and other glib descriptions of 'new product smells'. Many new products smell on first heating (toasters and hair dryers come to mind). It's not a literal fart smell from a robot with indigestion you know.......perhaps more along the lines of 'a smell I can't identify and don't like'?

Not to worry. Open up your box, charge it fully before first use, clean/wash what you can, do a couple of burn offs at maximum temperature (until you're comfortable), load it up and make up your own mind? In the end your opinion is the only one that really counts.......

Regards to all.

OF
Well said....I appreciate you trying to keep the breathless hysteria down a bit. I agree completely, some folks have a nose like a blood hound and so perhaps for them its not a winner. But my F2 had a bit of new electronics smell on the first burn off (had to almost stick my nose in the oven), but I'm no blood hound....my sense of smell was sacrificed in the 80's! haha But that little bit of odor dissipated quickly for me.

Bud...you know, the Vapecritic, got one and also found a bit of a smell. Soaked the MP in warm water and soap (Simple Green or similar would work, I imagine) and that seemed to take care of it.

I don't have a Fierce, but I do like my F2 for its purposes and place in my line up.

Last edited:

Azn2101

Regards to all.

OF

Thank you for the in-depth review. The one final thing I would like to get some input on before using my Fierce is about the dosing capsules.

In my F2 I used to start at 360° and worked my way up to 410°w/o capsules. My first few days with the capsules made my ABV very green and inconsistent because of my lack of understanding of how they change the dynamics of the heating (do the capsules make it more convection or more conduction)

With the capsules in I bumped it up to 365°-375° and finished off at 415°

Does anyone else use a different temp or method? Ive found that it does reduce that first cloud that the F2 can create but it adds a few streamy-wispy hits towards the end. I really like that thick SBL type vapor (not the heating style although I do love the acquired technique, again just the vapor, or at least the amount of vapor it can produce at any single moment.)

Last edited:

steama

Nothing is wrong with the Fierce vape :nod:

I am sensitive to a foreign odor/taste which most likely will disappear over time. I think the odor is transferred from the black foam packing material. I would have kept the vape but I don't want to work it until the chemical like odor/taste is gone.

Healthy Rips is one of the best customer experiences I have had. They really do a great job. So this is nothing on Healthy Rips as they are very willing when it comes to customers.

:peace:

Cosmic Dude

If you were to read arbitrary Amazon customer reviews, you would find a lot of mentions of the "chemical smell" of new objects from factories. For example, if you read pillow reviews, you will find comments like "I had to hang it in the garage for two weeks before I could even think about putting it in my bedroom" (due to the chemical smell).

hinglemccringleberry

I am swearing off electronic portables and sticking with my omni vapcap...that's all I need.

:tup::tup:
Sorry to hear its not working out.
Can you tell if the odor is coming from the guts of the vape or is it just a stubborn surface odor? I wonder if burying it under some charcoal powder or baking soda for a few days would fix it.
I too have a Vapcap but wouldnt want it as my only vape.
So the hype was not real (again)

... Mighty still rules
What about the people out there who are disappointed with the Mighty?

Last edited:

OF

Try leaving it open near a window to air out for a day or two. This has worked for me with other vapes.

Good plan. Temperature and airflow are keys I think. I use a sunny spot on the patio when the weather is warm for that reason, the top of the router inside when it's not. The router is warm, also a good spot to put open jars of herb that are a bit too moist.

In general the smell gets on/in stuff by air currents carrying it there, so unless there's also currents to carry smells away they just hang around. Eventually the smell will go since it has to be 'used up' getting to your nose?

OF

Top Bottom