Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

MonkeyTime

Very nice! This weekend will fly bye and before you know it, it'll be a fierce Monday!

@HealthyRips.com , I'm assuming signatures are not required for delivery?

The two emails, one being filled with early suggestions was a really nice touch.

I'm off to see if the manual is available to download. I'll be ready, but that suggested 2 hour first charge is going to be rough!

**Edit** the manual is not available yet.

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Cosmic Dude

@HealthyRips.com

I'm delurking to post this comment. I currently have two Fury 1's that I use as "daily drivers".

My main problem is that at my preferred 410F temperature, the mouthpiece actually gets hot at the end if I do a second session before the Fury has entirely cooled. So, I tried the bent glass mouthpiece, and it does solve that problem. But, it has a number of problems that all stem :) from the Arizer concept of putting the glass inside the chamber and putting the "aromatherapy product" in the end of the glass piece. While there are certain microdosing advantages to this, nevertheless the end result is too fiddly and complicated. And as recently mentioned, it causes burns, because you have to heat up the glass mouthpiece in order to remove it to replace the ABV with new product. So, it is always hot just when you need to do things with it. Also, leaving the glass mouthpiece inserted when it cools is bad for the chamber, so you have to futz with the hot glass right after using the vaporizer. :)

SO, I was disappointed to see the video which showed that you did not take the opportunity to correct the situation with the Fierce. The "Attachment" is good for stabilizing the wiggly glass pieces, but unfortunately they still insert into the chamber. (Reviewers claim that the all-glass pieces are easier to clean than the regular mouthpiece, but that is not my experience - I find the bent glass mouthpiece a little more difficult to clean than the regular mouthpiece.)

Whereas, you could simply make an alternate version of the regular mouthpiece, that simply extends the glass core several inches up, exiting the plastic at the top, and then adds a bend at the end for further cooling. At this point, I would most like to see such a mouthpiece as an accessory for the Fury. Please consider this, and thanks for making such fine vaporizers.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Happy for you the Fiercers!

My main problem is that at my preferred 410F temperature, the mouthpiece actually gets hot
Get the F1 too and never got any issue with the original mp being too hot even after 1 or 2 cycles. Since the larger size of the Fierce I don't expect this to be an issue. (my typical session start at 390 for 1 cycle and 410 for the 2nd cycle... maybe that's the reason why I feel the mp not hot...)

ShedDweller

The good thing about using glass is that you don't even need to clean it manually, you can just use it to make stem milk. Delicious and powerful. :zzz:

ShedDweller,

Mikey

First time poster, long time fierce reader. So now cosmic dude has me confused. I was under the impression that I could leave the glass stem in the fierce while not in use but he says it can cause damage to the oven if it cools in there.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
First time poster, long time fierce reader. So now cosmic dude has me confused. I was under the impression that I could leave the glass stem in the fierce while not in use but he says it can cause damage to the oven if it cools in there.
Welcome to FC @Mikey !
For the Fury, it is in your best interest to remove the glass stem when you are done for 2 reasons:
1) once the oven cools down, it will shrink a bit and trap the glass stem in the oven until you heat up again. So if you want to reload, you will have to wait for it to get hot again before you can remove and refill.
2) leaving the stem in the oven may or may not stretch out the oven a bit which will make the stem a little wobbly in the oven. I am not sure if this is a FACT, but there is anecdotal evidence from the the solo and possibly other vaps I am unaware.
There is a easy solution for most glass pieces, just flip it upside down when you are done and hold it in the oven.

However, no one has the Fierce yet, and it has a different kind of mouthpiece. I am not sure the same issue will exist, but will happily report once mine has arrived (hopefully) on Monday.

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:

Mikey

Welcome to FC @Mikey !
For the Fury, it is in your best interest to remove the glass stem when you are done for 2 reasons:
1) once the oven closes, it will shrink a bit and trap the glass stem in the oven until you heat up again. So if you want to reload, you will have to wait for it to get hot again before you can remove and refill.
2) leaving the stem in the oven may or may not stretch out the oven a bit which will make the stem a little wobbly in the oven. I am not sure if this is a FACT, but there is anecdotal evidence from the the solo and possibly other vaps I am unaware.
There is a easy solution for most glass pieces, just flip it upside down when you are done and hold it in the oven.

However, no one has the Fierce yet, and it has a different kind of mouthpiece. I am not sure the same issue will exist, but will happily report once mine has arrived (hopefully) on Monday.

Hope this helps a little.
It does thanks! When you flip the stem upside down to store, it doesn’t get stuck because the mouth end is thinner?

steama

It does thanks! When you flip the stem upside down to store, it doesn’t get stuck because the mouth end is thinner?
I just want to add that with the Fury 2 I bought and used every mouth piece and after everything is said and done my favorite mouthpiece is the native mouthpiece. I felt like I always got better vapor and bigger clouds when I put my herb directly into the oven. I think the added level of conduction with the herb against the oven walls greatly enhanced my vaping experience with the Fury 2. I expect pretty much the same for the Fierce.

:2c:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yes. The WPA’s are narrower on the other side. Just flip over and they can rest in the oven without getting stuck. The bent stem and the bubbler can’t be flipped, but I am sure you can figure out a hack. I just lay my bent piece on my glass table (although, i’ll admit I don’t use my bent stem as often for that very reason).
But just like @BornAgainSteama i tend to use the native mp more than the others anyway.

Azn2101

I wonder if you have the Force/Fierce dosing capsules in if you can just have the glass MP attachments raised 1mm or 2 without losing airflow.

Has anyone else gotten a shipping # that hasn't been delivered to a station yet?

Cosmic Dude

I just want to add that with the Fury 2 I bought and used every mouth piece and after everything is said and done my favorite mouthpiece is the native mouthpiece. I felt like I always got better vapor and bigger clouds when I put my herb directly into the oven. I think the added level of conduction with the herb against the oven walls greatly enhanced my vaping experience with the Fury 2. I expect pretty much the same for the Fierce.

:2c:

This has been my experience as well.

And the Fury chamber capacity is not excessive for a "bowl" for one person. The smaller capacity of the glass pieces then necessitates doing something with the glass piece for the next hit - the same glass piece that is hot and a little difficult to handle as a result. So, I am not finding the microdosing usable unless I literally want just one hit and that's all. I rarely have herb that is that strong. Having just a hit or two at a time is an excellent idea, but not if it requires more fiddling for each hit.

So, just an optional longer version of the standard mouthpiece would take care of the problem of the standard moutpiece eventually getting hot.

MonkeyTime

The eagle has landed, I repeat, the eagle has landed! :clap:

Tracking showed a Tuesday delivery, but it was just dropped off. She's on the charger and I'm just opening up all the boxes (got the limited set) and about the read the manual.

First impressions, everything I thought it would be!!!!

It has the same finish, but in a larger body, this thing feels great in the hand. I'll report more after some reading, playing and a whole lotta testing!

MonkeyTime

Have you delivery on Sundays?

Yes, USPS delivers on Sundays now. Only packages, not general postage.

It's very easy to compare to the F2, they feel and operate very similar.

This is going to be fast, I'm late for church!

Size and feel - feels like a huge F2! That's in a good way. It does feel like a very solid Mighty, although heavier (feeling, don't really know yet), and shorter. The new mouthpiece design it great, if it holds up and doesn't cause problems for those with disabilities. It works and slides very easy, but there's no definite "snap" and you do have to line it up.

Heat up times seem very similar to the F2. The countdown timer starts the moment it starts heating and actually counts up. This is very handy now to watch and learn the times, but will be even better down the road as it will be very easy to keep track of heat up times.

Full disclosure, I use the F2 almost exclusively with the native mouthpiece. It just works for me and kept the bowl at it's largest size. I have only run two small bowls thru, maybe .13g each, one thru the native and one thru the standard glass (straight) mouthpiece. This one may be going all glass! Speaking of, the bubbler showed up with a good sized, very obvious flaw in it. It looks like carbonized silica inside the glass. I haven't checked to see if it leaks yet, I have enough other stuff to try!

I'm sure many are going to ask if it has the robart fart smell......no it doesn't. I think the robot ate a burito and then :shit:

It was very strong and the first two burnoffs didn't cure it. It needed a swabbin' and a few more. The smell and taste are still there, but very faint now. I'm guessing it will be gone soon.

Both loads seemed a little whispier than the F2, but I was also starting much lower on temps than normal, 350F to 430F in 10-15F steps. Normally it's 370F or 385F until she slows down and then 430F to finish.

This was just a first impression, and I'm really hoping it's not just the new vape fascination, but it seemed to me the flavors were noticeably better than the F2! Hard to say as you're trying to ignore the extra plastic smell, but.....more on that to come......

Baron23

The Fury 2 clones aren't clones at all, but rebrands of the Fury 1.

And one might say that the Fury 1 was a rebrand of these already existing Chinese vapes.

Now, HR says no...they made some changes....but wow, hard to see the difference except in cost.

I have a F2 that was given to me as a present. I like it for what it is...not a daily driver in my life, but great for fishing trips, out to the club, even casual banging while watching a sporting event. I'm very happy with it but my expectations are, I think, in check.

Cheers

lookhigh

FC member
[QUOTE="MonkeyTime, post:] but it seemed to me the flavors were noticeably better than the F2! Hard to say as you're trying to ignore the extra plastic smell, but.....more on that to come......[/QUOTE]

Ah but you where using lower temp.
You need to do more testing, gowan i know you can not resist.:rockon::myday::science:

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

[QUOTE="MonkeyTime, post:] but it seemed to me the flavors were noticeably better than the F2! Hard to say as you're trying to ignore the extra plastic smell, but.....more on that to come......

Ah but you where using lower temp.
You need to do more testing, gowan i know you can not resist.:rockon::myday::science:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have been more specific. That was based on the stock mouthpiece at 380F, a normal starting temp.

I'm thinking it's the heavier balance of convection vs conduction that they've touted. As well as my subliminal thought of this :brow:

Top Bottom