1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy Rips FIERCE

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by HealthyRips.com, Mar 6, 2018.

1. lilvaporub

lilvaporub New Member

Thank you I'm ocd af and that genuinely makes me feel better. That said I would like to feel like I have genuine control over the temperature, I find that to be a bit of a flaw.

Azn2101, LesPlenty and OF like this.
  2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yes, while I don't (yet) have one, Fury 2 and a whole lot of other vapes do this. It's called "masking" in the trade. Once close enough (are you sure it's 20 degrees, usually it's a much smaller 'window') the display goes to 'ready' (often taking away the heating indicator as well) lest over anxious owners obsess over unimportant details.

Consider the indication is not really what we assume it is (load temperature) but is really based as all vapes are on heater temperature measurements (sure to be a bit 'ahead' of the load).

Perfectly normal, not to worry.......enjoy instead?

OF

3. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

Great first evening with the Fierce. The bent stem was flavorful and effective as I stepped the temp up while the wpa gave me the biggest, most comfortable 430° hits I've had from my little D020.

LesPlenty, Jill NYC, OF and 2 others like this.
  4. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

The smell/taste issue is real for me too.
    Here’s what I have done so far to help get rid of it:
    - Soaked all pieces in hot, soapy water. Rinsed well.
    - Did several burn-offs with ABV.
    - Swiped oven with ISO while heated.
    - While doing burn-offs, I blew air through the airholes at bottom to force air through mp without having to inhale ABV. (Not the whole time, just several times).
    - Soaked silicone pieces in coconut oil for 10 minutes and wiped off to help neutralize the smell/taste.

It’s definitely better, but still there a bit. Plan on following advice of @OF and others about letting it air out tonight. I will leave a fan on with all the pieces spread out overnight.

Once the bad taste goes away, I think there is a lot to really like here. I look forward to putting it through the paces over the next few days!

Summer, Helios, bossman and 7 others like this.
  5. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Well-Known Member

Doing burnoffs. It's getting late.

Inhaling to speed thing up, and to savor that new vape taste.

Nice glass adapter design. Can set it down without burns or breaks:

[​IMG]

Helios, LesPlenty, lookhigh and 4 others like this.
  6. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

Save your tastebuds and blow through the bottom airholes!

Vaporific and LesPlenty like this.
  7. Discoburrito

Discoburrito New Member

Got mine today. It is basically a Daddy Fury 2. It's bigger than I expected and very heavy and built like a tank. It hits like one, too. Aside from a Volcano this hits harder than any vape I've ever used.

I have not noticed a taste issue, I did two burnoffs and have only used the water pipe attachment.

The battery is massive, I have no idea how long it will last but it's clear that it will put the Fury 2's battery to shame.

The display is bigger, but familiar. You can easily set the session time, I believe up to 8 minutes. I have it set to five for now.

The bowl is much larger than the Fury 2. I'd have to refill my Fury 2 a few times to get toasty but the Fierce does it in one. The WPA works just fine.

The haptic feedback on reaching temperature is nice and something I missed when I switched from my PAX 3.

The only con I can think of is it's a bit heavy to be casually thrown into a pocket. It'll fit just fine but you'll feel it. Other than that it's pretty much perfect. Holy shit. I have no regrets.

AtomicPB, Summer, DirtyD and 9 others like this.
  8. slain

slain Vapor Vision

for those with the smells... when not in use.. put it in a container with activated charcoal... the charcoal is able to pull out a lot of odd stenches... i have a little bucket with the charcoal on the bottom and just lay the vape with the mouth piece on a piece of paper in there and let the charcoal do its thing with a lid on the bucket..

Summer, stark1, LesPlenty and 2 others like this.
  9. lilvaporub

lilvaporub New Member

Ok so I used it and I love it. Idk what people are talking about, the cloud production is incredible.

Anybody else not have haptic feedback though?

LesPlenty and OF like this.
  10. StonerSloth

StonerSloth cui bono?

After a bunch of bowls over the last few days (mostly with WPA) I am pretty happy with the flavor, but I am starting to notice how different the Fierce and the Fury2 really are in practice...

I was always amazed by how fast the Fury2 could extract a load. I could turn a fresh load dark dark brown in 2-3 draws if I wanted to. Few other battery powered vapes can extract a load as fast IME.

However, the Fierce loads seem to last much much longer which may be good or bad, depending on situation. The flavor lasts longer, the session lasts much longer, and it is a more casual experience all around. The Fury2 is still preferred for a quick extraction if I am in a hurry, but I am really starting to love the Fierce for its use as a big ol' session vape.

Summer, Aezhenn, lookhigh and 5 others like this.
  11. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

Yeah, the smell is real for me too and it's definitely affecting the flavor some at this point. I was doing all of the things you detailed except for the coconut oil, which I'll try today. I'll leave a fan blowing in the battery compartment overnight tonight.

12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

This makes sense to me. Aside from a smaller load to exhaust F2 also has, being smaller, more surface area for the volume meaning more ability to conduct heat in rapidly for the volume (no, I don't think convection plays a role since the air temperature is too low to make vapor.....). This is the same basic reason small rodents have to eat so much per pound of critter compared to larger mammals. The lose heat more rapidly and could never survive on low grade fuel like say a horse eating hay and grass.

Remember to keep it warm. Chemical activity (and that includes evaporation) goes up with temperature? That's why 'burn offs' work.......

Regards to all.

OF

13. lilvaporub

lilvaporub New Member

Alright sooo mine just bricked entirely at the very beginning of my fifth sesh and hasn't responded since, anybody else? I might have to send my baby back for repairs :'(

Jill NYC, LesPlenty and OF like this.
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Bummer. Have you tried removing the 'battery' (it's really not a battery, but a single cell......) for long enough for the processor to 'die'? Say a full minute even. If it 'just got lost' it should boot up normally and soldier on. Actual hardware faults can't be helped this way of course.

FWIW, 'stuck keys' are often the cause of such things you might want to fiddle with all the buttons a bit as well?

Good luck with it.

OF

bossman, Jill NYC, lilvaporub and 7 others like this.
  15. Mr.Kite

Mr.Kite Active Member

@OF
    Your "multi widsom-knowledge" amazes me.
    What planet are you from?

LesPlenty, Jill NYC, Xelatsok and 4 others like this.
  16. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

So he’s not from Melmac then?

17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Has it occurred to you I may well have already been thrown out of all the decent class M plants in this sector? And how would you know for sure?

OF

LesPlenty, OyVape, Vaporific and 4 others like this.
  18. Southern Chef

Southern Chef Well-Known Member

Got mine today. It took 1+15 to top off the battery. There was a faint "new" smell which went away after four max temp burn-offs and ISO wipe down. Other than that, this thing RIPS! Seriously.

LesPlenty, Vaporific, bossman and 3 others like this.
  19. bluesith

bluesith Member

Looks like a 2 week delay for international orders as they are changing all that smelly packaging . Cool company

20. VivaVape

VivaVape Well-Known Member

So there are a few of you now that has the fierce. Based on size and the basic accessories what smell proof case would you recommend.

LesPlenty likes this.
  21. HealthyRips.com

HealthyRips.com Healthy Rips Team Company Rep

Skunkport, LesPlenty, Summer and 4 others like this.
  22. Cosmic Dude

Cosmic Dude Member

The talk above about the temperature indication on the screen, reminds me of a question:

Do any vaporizer reviewers actually check whether the temperature displays are accurately reflecting the temperature in the chamber? Or are we just trusting that all of the various manufacturers have gotten that right?

LesPlenty and lilvaporub like this.
  23. Mr.Kite

Mr.Kite Active Member

Troy uses an infrared thermometer in his fury2 review.

a propos.
    waiting for his FIERCE review.
    i like watching him while I eat.
    funny guy

ohmygodimsohigh and LesPlenty like this.
  24. wx6896

wx6896 Member

What exactly do you guys mean by "robot fart" smell? Mine definitely smelled like the packaging when I first received it but a good clean seemed to take care of that. The only smell I have now is when the vape is on and the mouthpiece is off it smells slightly like heated solder. I'm worried about trying it out now, but healthy rips has said the air path is completely isolated from the electronics. Other than that no smells at all. Is this the same smell others have been talking about?

LesPlenty likes this.
  25. StonerSloth

StonerSloth cui bono?

Not really, but if you are asking this question you will probably find this thread interesting - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vape-temp-profile-charts.25780/page-4

Cosmic Dude and LesPlenty like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors