Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

Hey Stu, my Supreme is a V1 as well! It should work fine. Just force one of the silicone pieces onto the Gong's end.

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
CDS, I just attempted to do that, but it didn't want to fit. Did you have to enlarge the center hole in the silicone in order get it to fit? :shrug:

Stu,
Nope, just a little judicious elbow grease to get it to fit without tearing the silicone.

My silicone is long in the tooth; I originally came up with the idea because the stainless steel tube was too narrow to make the aging silicone form a seal. You may need to loosen yours up. Maybe drop the silicone in a pot of warm/hot water for a few minutes?

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just couldn't seem to work it in there, so I gave up. I'll try boiling it when I have more patience. I wouldn't mind finding a good use for that part of the GonG gn0me as I don't think I'll use it for direct draw anyway.

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That's a nice little bub, there JRR. :brow: Is it designed to be used solely with the gnome? Or can you put a slide into it?

Stu,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ty Stu. It can be used with a slide. I've been using it with my Vapolution today. Just stick the tubing directly in. Working very nicely :ko:

J.R.R.Tokin',

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Today I tried my gnome without the water pipe adapter.

I liked it, and I was surprised how smooth the vapor ended up being, but as with most of my vapes, I prefer water filtration.

Edit to add a Pic

Sorry its dirty, Its been my main vape for the last few days :D

Quick Question:
There is some brownish stuff towards the non GonG end (top?) of the heater section.
I noticed this after accidentally combusting :( (the first, and so far, only time in this vape), and I'm not quite sure what caused it...

I would think if it was from the little bit of smoke that drifted out that end, that all of the heater section would be discolored.
and I gave it an ISO wash straight after the combustion, which didn't seem to do anything to that stuff...

I'm gonna give it another iso wash soon, and use one of the pipe cleaners ive got to see if i can scrub it a bit, but due to the nature of the curved glass in the heat exchanger, i can't quite tell exactly where this buildup actually is...

Anyone got any ideas?

Frederick McGuire,
That trident diffuser sounds really... Aggressive, doesn't it? Kind of like a jet engine. Very badass.

I got my Gnome bag and will rate it 8/10 - very nicely made, effective and attractive, yet it could use a little more padding.

charliedontsurf,

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
To clean the heat exchanger section, cup your hand over one end, and then pour in a bit of coarse salt and some isopropyl alcohol and then shake it like mad. The alcohol won't dissolve the salt (mostly), which will scrub away at all the little indentations. The buildup is mostly carbon and comes off smooth glass pretty easily - it also burns off if heated with a torch, which is why the areas further from the heat exchanger are dirtier. The ground glass sections can be cleaned with a scrubby pad - you won't harm anything.

To make a concentrate from the buildup in your water adapter or mouthpiece, just insert one piece at a time into a bottle of your solvent of choice, and shake it around a little... you might want to make a wire or string dipper or grab a long set of tweezers to aid removal. Once the alcohol turns a nice amber color, just evaporate it off and enjoy. You can bake with it since it was extracted by heat, and this method can produce a strong tincture if you use ethanol instead of isopropyl.

gn0me,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
wow thanks for the awesome video J.R.R. those are huge clouds.

ilovebOObs,

Polmol

Beauty.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Polmol,
Reactions: Bananiq

OGKronik

Ordered my gong and waterpipe adapter. Cant wait to try it out. Lost my MFLB so I havent been able to vape for a little while now, did some research on new vapes and this seemed like the best thing for the money, and who doesnt love sweet glass pieces!

OGKronik,

scottio19

scotty
can anyone tell me the outer diameter of their gnome classic? I'm wondering if my thick silicone UD tubing (3/8 ID) wrapped around the glass would allow me to hit it through my 14.5mm or 18mm gong

scottio19,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
It is 9mm . The size of the dbv tubing.
the ud stem fits the 14 mm IME.. (the thick one does at lest) ,, If you need to connect the silicon stem to 18 mm just cut a silicon o-ring and tuck it on the stem so it doubles thats 18mm IME.. (although it might need some thining with a razor or smth) .
If you keep/have bowl for your glass piece you can try rig the gnome classic to the gnome with tubing :).

Abysmal Vapor,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Some people have or do use screens. It's a bit fiddly but can be done. But I just use a coarser grind and it works for me. So, imo the screen isn't necessary.

J.R.R.Tokin',

weedemon

enthusiast
If I use a screen, will it change the awesome flavour? Do glass screens exist?

as a small glass star yes. remember them for pipes? when i ran out i used to just smash a jar/bottle and find a piece that would fit my needs in the remains :) make sure it's big enough that it wont come through and end up in your mouth!

weedemon,

Polmol

Yeah I'm at the end of a batch right now and even with a coarser grind, it's so dry that I wind up eating small amounts...

Polmol,

Polmol

as a small glass star yes. remember them for pipes? when i ran out i used to just smash a jar/bottle and find a piece that would fit my needs in the remains :) make sure it's big enough that it wont come through and end up in your mouth!

i'll try that :)

Polmol,

scottio19

scotty
It is 9mm . The size of the dbv tubing.
the ud stem fits the 14 mm IME.. (the thick one does at lest) ,, If you need to connect the silicon stem to 18 mm just cut a silicon o-ring and tuck it on the stem so it doubles thats 18mm IME.. (although it might need some thining with a razor or smth) .
If you keep/have bowl for your glass piece you can try rig the gnome classic to the gnome with tubing :).

awesome, so with my tubing I can use it on any gong bong/ slider. thanks for the help, abysmal!

after getting the glass vapo-bowl I've been wondering why I never started off with lighter based vapes- they are fun, fast, and inexpensive! why isn't the Gnome more popular?! All glass airpath that people are paying hundreds for in other vapes

scottio19,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Give the gnome time and it will get popular.. I bet that any glass addict would freak when he tries/sees the gnomes.. :)
I just dabbed some molded shatter in the oil gnome.. The taste is awesome and superior to any quartz/ti skillet/nail... I tend not to overheat like with skillets/nails.. The residue is brown not black or white ...
I bet more users with insane glass collections will get someday to it and post videos on youtube/forum.. that will be a huge popularity boost for sure :).,

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom