Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I'm looking forward to trying both. Just ordered a set from Calen after discussing for a week or so - should be in production today :D Now just have to play that dreaded old waiting game again!

J.R.R.Tokin',

cluffy

Vaker
@ J.R.R.Tokin' : While you're waiting, if you don't have one already you can shop for a good torch. I found the Ronson Jetlite to be rough on the thumb, so I still have this cheapo Harbor Freight job that I borrowed. Both torches I chose at Dealextreme are backordered, so I'm still shopping.
I'm still digging the gn0me in the bong. It gives me the slingshot hits that are so nice after puffing on the Zap for a while.
And once again, I've missed using fire!!!

cluffy,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Cheers cluffy. I've got a pen welders micro torch that I've been using with the Vapocane with success. It's not the best as it's not self lighting but it does get damn hot. I'm sure it'll be fine for the gn0me too but I've ordered one of these for myself and hoping it'll be a bit more user friendly.

J.R.R.Tokin',

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
I'll be most interested to see what you think of my vapes versus the vapocane. The $50 GonGnome comes with a mouthpiece for portable use, so that's one major difference, along with the longer/narrower bowl section, which is better for use when the unit is horizontal... due to the different heat exchanger design, the heating characteristics may be different as well.

gn0me,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Well, I promise a side by side of the GonG gn0me and the Vapocane when I get the two side by side. I am a big fan of the Vapocane for it's super clean taste and am expecting a similar experience with my gn0me :)

J.R.R.Tokin',

axakal

the gn0me sounds really very promising. but is it just me or are you talking about a different site, because all i seem to be able to order following the link in gn0me's signature is the gn0me classic. where is the
GonG and the other glass ware showed in the first post of this thread?
also i would like to know, if a good jet lighter like a xikar executive is suitable for the vaporizer or does it have to be a torch lighter. i'm just not really familiar with the terminology of lighters. :)

axakal,

cluffy

Vaker
@ axakal: just email the man at < gn0me@thegn0me.com >, let him know what you want. He's pretty quick with email response. I haven't seen a definitive price list, but I think he makes everything to order. Your xikar executive should work just fine, the bigger torch lighters are just for comfort and quicker heat-up time. Like the instructions say: "All that is needed is a blue flame, approximately 1 inch long."

You won't be sorry!!! :ko:

edit: because DOH!!! VVVVV Thanks ABV!!! :lol:

cluffy,

axakal

yes, but not on the website itself. by the way, where did you got that bubbler, Abysmal? :)

axakal,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
axakal said:
yes, but not on the website itself. by the way, where did you got that bubbler, Abysmal? :)
On a local headshop.. But you can google narcoticbongs.. If you are in europe it is quite easy to get one.. i've seen in US sites too .. :). They are hand blown in german.. and are the only one that offer thoughtful percolation... in their pricerange .... + are very easy to clean.. so IMO are top pick.. exspecially if you are in Europe , not much real sci-glass round here..

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wait, you are talking about this bubbler, aren't you guys?

img2566q.jpg

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Hey ! Sry for confusion dude.. I was talkin about other stuff.. I posted some videos.. so i thought you are asking about that piece..
This one i do not own.. First post are just sample pics Calen sent me in the very beggining before he joined the forum so we can get idea of what's coming..
I've shared somewhere in the thread the package i got.. :) You can see it also listed in my signature.
Anyway for that bubbler you should talk to the maker directly.. I am sure he will pop out anytime soon :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Polmol

My Gn0me classic is in the mail :) I just hope Canadian customs won't fuck me over with some extra fees...

Hey has anyone tried the classic with his hands? My reason for purchasing it is mainly for when I go camping and I want to use it without a bong, next to a nice fire. I've ordered a culinary torch and I was wondering if all the glass gets really hot? Where is the best place to hold it?

Polmol,
Only the heat exchanger portion gets hot, and by that I mean the part with all the little "ice pinch" type indentations in it. That and maybe an inch in either direction will be too hot, otherwise it's quite easy to hold and enjoy as a standalone piece. I think you'll be pleased with it given your needs.

charliedontsurf,

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
Just a brief update for you all, but I've got some pouches in stock to keep these pocket puffers together, which fit both the classic and GonG vapes. They're padded to protect from dropping, and the insides are made of cotton so you can put the vape inside right after using it without damaging anything (please give it just a couple seconds to cool - by the time you take it apart it should be fine). They're just $7.50, so a classic with a pouch comes out to $40 even - what a deal!

I've also got some torch lighters arriving this week to go with the whole shebang, and a couple new bubblers in beta testing at the moment, which will work with the classic vape or tradtional slides. That's all for now! Enjoy the eye candy :D

GonGpouch.jpg

ClassicPouch.jpg

gn0me,

Abysmal Vapor

Thats awesome Calen ! Can't wait to see the bubblers! What would be the price range of those bubblers ?
I have few ideas for the gnome classic
First one is mouthpiece with diffused end speacially for bubbler use :).
Here are some of the typical downstem endings :).
Showerhead :/
AI_3.5_Showerhead_DS_%282%29__18373_zoom.jpg
93.html

multi hole downstem (16)
show_image_in_imgtag.php

Multi arm
alt_12-30-11-2_1_1_1_2_1_1_1_1_3_1_1.jpg

Slitted
alt_5-17-11-215_1_1_1_1_1_2_1_1.jpg

Also a mouthpiece which is actually a gong downstem ,also can be diffused.
Here is what i tinkered to work with 18.8 mm joints :). I used a piece of DBV tubing and a broken gong from an old bowl :).
28mpngn.jpg

If not to be fixed at least an adapter can be made easily

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Egzoset

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Already got those pouches flying to me! hehehe.

Nice ideas for the mouthpiece Abysmal, and it could work as a filter too.

vorrange,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Abysmal Vapor said:
Gnomes are awesome !!!!!

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9705/dsc0351lx.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8174/dsc0322y.jpg
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3815/dsc0324ka.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5259/dsc0331pu.jpg
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8365/dsc0332xw.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2599/dsc0335nz.jpg
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8286/dsc0336iy.jpg
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/2372/dsc0338s.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/803/dsc0349fx.jpg
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3484/dsc0357m.jpg

For now i can say.. Nice heat up times. Awesome looks.. Very functional.. Can make abv as dark as you want.. and you can watch it happen.. Clouds are as thick as with my UD. Concentrate gnomes rock.. I would be shooting videos now .. If it wasn't the 3 shots of absolute amber .. and few pinches of quality bud...
Also one of the gong straws a build in glass screen and it was succesfully moded to a UD stem.. with a little silicon sleeve but i load in the glass stem :).

nice little lineup, love it. thanks for all the pics.

IAmKrazy2,

weedemon

enthusiast
I think I want to get me one of these vapes! I like the pouch too!

*edit ok i ordered a GonGnome + 14mm water pipe adapter, with a pouch for safety! :D

weedemon,

Abysmal Vapor

Glad you jumped in weedemon... This probably one of the top vapes in performance and purity of vapor delivered !
I wish i have learned about the gnome before i had spend 600 $ On DBV,MW,MFLB.. ..
If it is no problem for a man do deal with torchlighter i can easily get better results with the gong then many other desktop vapes..

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
I'm pretty excited to give it a go! All this flavour talk has me very keen!

I don't think it will be too hard to get the hang of the heating process I like that you folks say this has the capability to give big clouds too! :)

is it more or less true for this vape as is most that the first rip is very tasty, but all others are much less so by comparison to the first? I guess what I'm asking is does the flavour diminish quickly?

weedemon,

Abysmal Vapor

Well if you overheat this is likely to happen .. but not because it is all extracted IMO but overboiled and degraded.
I use two techs with the gong gnome.. FIrst one is direct draw.. I start on one side of the edge of visible vapor and i try to follow the blue color (i would rather underheat than overheat) This way i am getting numerous flavorful hits.. and IMO this is the best way to enjoy quality herb..
Anyway this gnome delivers clouds thick as my MW could but tastier.. I use reatained heat method with waterfiltration.. First you heat till the flame changes color and then .. do your best with one strong pull . I almost every time manage to cash my load in 1-2 mindblowing, lung bursting tokes.
Also have to add that i like more the gnome classic as a flavor saver. It heats faster and it is easier to manipulate the temp. (happens faster) + you can watch the herb changing color.. which is better then a control knob dial :p.

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom