1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost MV1

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by VCBud, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Shorner

Shorner Member

Are you using the same material as before cleaning?

ataxian likes this.
  2. Djsleepy

Djsleepy Well-Known Member

Yes

Madri-Gal and ataxian like this.
  3. django7

django7 Well-Known Member

Gee, I’m really surprised by this. I have 2 MV1’s now and they both perform exactly the same. I’ve cleaned them a few times with no problems at all. I just stick the gasket onto the white inner stem thingy, make sure the small ridges line up with the small gap in the heatsink, and clip the top on. Then I press it down firmly into the unit, and it’s done.

I guess Ghost CS will have to get involved. You shouldn’t be having an issue, but I have no clue why you are. Somehow you have an air leak or bypass...

Madri-Gal and ataxian like this.
  4. Shorner

Shorner Member

Your not pushing the gasket on the white inner stem too far and covering the hole?

ataxian likes this.
  5. Djsleepy

No

Just noticed the screen under.crucible was dirty I turned upside down and cleaned with a dry qtip will let.you guys know....thank s for all help!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  6. django7

django7 Well-Known Member

Ok, good luck. A dirty screen that doesn’t seal and/or allow full airflow would definitely cause poor performance. The crucible should be clean, too, no blockage or dirt.

7. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Well-Known Member

Good luck @Djsleepy I feel for you. Not had an issue with mine so far - had for about a month. Hope the clean screen does the trick. How many crucibles do you have? I have 14 I like to rotate and give everything a good clean after each use 2 or 3 at a stretch. The holes in the lids gunk up quite easily those picks that co.e with the vape are useful but honestly the best thing for me is the s&b brush. I like the hair over the other cheap black plastic bristles that still leave a lot of metal exposed which most other vape manufactures seem to supply.

I also use wipes like those that come in the box to clean the lids when I don't feel I have timefor a deep clean.

Very interesting that there is no brush supplied with the mv1 I really feel like there should be or at least you need one in your vape tool box if you don't have one.

8. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

A dry toothbrush to brush the lid during use, or to brush with or after soaking in iso.

9. Djsleepy

Just chiming in.....the only thing I got fro m haze was their brush....which is what I use to clean my lids....still testing....got side tracked ....let you know soon if its.going or not......

Madri-Gal, ataxian and Some-new-user like this.
  10. ClearBlueLou

ClearBlueLou unbearably light in the being....

Appreciate your comments; reflecting on my two days w/ mine, I noticed no accumulation on or clogging of the crucible lids and what little there was was easily blown away by breath, and the crucibles were likewise easy to empty. I noticed no accumulation inside the chamber, but I can see that the alcohol wipes will be regular maintenance there.

Costco has a great deal on alcohol wipes, BTW...

Madri-Gal, ataxian and Some-new-user like this.
  11. Djsleepy

WoooHooooo!!!!! Several successive successful crucibles..... say that three times really fast lol....we are a go!!!!!!! I will keep that area clean all the time.....now hopefully no issues after next clean lol...

For those that use all day long after how many crucibles before.you clean?

12. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

I have had the Ghost MV1 for about a week now and i am very very impresed. Vapor quality is fantastic, and on par with the most elite home units and the small handful of portables i consider capable of making top notch quality vapor (Mi, Zion, Splinter, Tubo Evic

13. Shorner

Shorner Member

Glad your sorted..

I clean my lids with iso after a couple of sessions..

14. Djsleepy

Thanks to all ......AHHHHHHHH!!!!....now its time for football....have a great Sunday everyone!

15. Djsleepy

Sorry about back to back posts...I tried several coarse grinders....including my Masterdam large lion.series....and the one the works the best is my very first grinder.....a small wood Sweetleaf grinder!

Edit: good news good news.....second clean and back to biz....

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    acstorfer, Madri-Gal, django7 and 2 others like this.
  16. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

You don't have to apologize for consecutive posts that more than six hours apart. The remarkable thing here is that this thread went more than 6 hours without a post. 7 hrs 42 min to be exact.

17. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

I bring it out when i have a chance :)

His_Highness likes this.
  18. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

Certain aspects are a little "over engineered" (such as the lights). The bowl pod system is cool, but not ideal for my heavy usage as i have to clean the bowls twice a week even with 6 in rotation. That said... Very cool for loading on the go, very efficient, and just all around fantastic vapor quality. Really loving it.

Madri-Gal, sag, WildChild and 6 others like this.
  19. stinkytofus

Quality materials
    Quality customer service
    Fair warranty years (5 yrs if registered)
    On demand convection
    Easy to swap crucibles, push up to take it out, let it fall in to place and push it in
    Easy to clean
    Easy to navigate controls
    Even easier with the app
    Very tasty at level 1
    Vapor production is excellent at level 4&5
    Can vape 1 to 2 or 3 and come back later to finish

My favorite portable by far

20. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Five years is not a fair warranty, it's an excellent warranty. You're lucky if you get 3 years with other vapes; most are only 1 year. And level 3 also produces excellent vapor imo. And I don't think the lights are over-engineered nor do I think having to clean the crucibles twice a week is an imposition. Just my :2c:.

21. Djsleepy

So I read about a sweet spot for stem ...3/4 way out seems to be working for me? Any body else? Different experience?

Madri-Gal and His_Highness like this.
  22. stinkytofus

I prefer half to 3/4

Madri-Gal, His_Highness and Djsleepy like this.
  23. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

does the Ghost Vapes app pair easily to an iPhone?
    Even for a non-techy person?

Madri-Gal likes this.
  24. ClearBlueLou

ClearBlueLou unbearably light in the being....

I was using it w/ 0.5” exposed...

Easy sync w/iPhone, no worries

Madri-Gal likes this.
  25. Herbie Hancock

Herbie Hancock The 60 Second Assasin

Have to give my 2 cents here. I purchased this vape just last week. I have several that I love, however I gave in anyway.
    I got the stealth edition which came with the fast charger and the crucible dispenser.
    VERDICT: it’s awesome couldn’t be easier to use (granted I use the ap for temperature haven’t even bothered to learn the lights, not necessary). I found there to be NO learning curve at all. Just pure enjoyment once that battery was fully charged.
    I ordered a spare battery and another crucible dispenser just for good measure. If your on the fence, hop on over here. The grass is greener. Trust me...

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors