Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

Ghost is sending me a new heatsink. Does anyone with a shiny silver heatsink have any issue of peeling/ flaking on their heatsink?

nope no probs after a week of heavy training.....probably close to a 100 as well

Edit: just.got my order with heatsink and crucible dispenser now I will be able.to switch out one dispenser and heatsink while.others are cleaning...non stop medicating!

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@buckhakeesah, I've only seen 2 people post on VLF about their heat sinks peeling & only in regards to the Stealth.

Per ghostvapesofficial (Patrick on VLF): *Nerissa's tag on VLF is GhostVapesNerissa

"Please be rest assured that we use only the highest quality Medical and Food grade materials to manufacture the MV1 and none of the parts - body & heat Sink included, on the Stealth unit, are painted.

We use a plating process known as Electrophoretic Deposition to apply the Stealth finish.

This plated finish is highly durable and can be soaked in ISO. We don't however recommend soaking any parts of anything in ISO for extended periods of time - hence the suggestion of wiping the surface instead.

Another reason for suggesting this was because we heard people were leaving heat sinks and crucibles soaking in ISO for days at a time."

Relax, @Djsleepy, you've got a 5 year warranty. :rockon:

As far as the Stealth latch is concerned:

Per ghost-ops on VLF: "we are still working on determining the precise cause. The truly puzzling thing is how unpredictable and (in all honesty) infrequent the problem actually is which makes getting to the bottom of it all the more difficult. It's still only affecting a tiny minority of customers which makes it all the more upsetting when another case like this comes up."

Per GHOSTTEAM on VLF: "It remains an isolated occurrence and rigorous testing continues to isolate the root cause (or causes). Meanwhile should anyone have an issue with the door latch on their Stealth, please send an email to info@ghostvapes.com with the following information and our wonderful team in CS will have everything they need to book your replacement order without delay.

1.) Order number or Retailer name
2.) Serial Number - You can find it on the box, or behind the unit when you remove the battery
3.) Ship-to address
4.) Attach picture or video of the damage"

As far as cleaning:

"The Stealth Heat Sink body should be wiped or q-tipped with isopropyl alcohol. You can soak it in ISO, however we don't recommend it.

The Makrolon Stem (both regular and Stealth) should be wiped and/or Q tipped with isopropyl alcohol. Do not soak the Makrolon Stem in isopropyl."

Makrolon Mouthpiece:

Per GHOSTTEAM, "The mouthpiece/stem is sandblasted on the bottom end and is made of Makrolon, which is a far more durable material than glass. We found that the glass material did not allow for consistent performance.

You'll notice the Makrolon stem fits loosely. This is normal. What we found was happening with the previous design was when customers were pulling up on the mouthpiece to re-position it, the resistance was causing the lid of the heat sink body to become detached, unknowingly causing a bypass. This was causing performance issues that were understandably undetected by the naked eye.

Overall, the benefits of the redesign is a perfect seal, a more durable mouthpiece, and consistent performance. Should you have concerns about the seal with your heat sink, we encourage you to carry out the air bypass test on your heat sink. For your convenience, here are written instructions:

* Remove the heat sink
* Place heatsink in the palm of your hand, blocking the holes on the bottom.
* Please make sure the holes are covered, or the test is inaccurate.
* Extend the stem, and try to draw air (sucking in).
* You should not be able to draw any air through the stem"

And the best for last:

12 days ago per ghostvapesofficial (VLF): "The latest Firmware Update is being debugged at the moment and will evidently put a few smiles on faces soon."

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability go straight to power level without seeing battery level first.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

Summer

Long Island, NY
@ClearBlueLou, you only have to register to post. You will see on the homepage on the left lower sidebar the Ghost MV-1 category. It was the central hub for the release as VapeCritic was working/alpha & beta-testing with GV to get this off the ground. There are so few issues now that the thread is basically quiet. As I said before, when a thread goes quiet it means people are happy.

I wanted to mention that at the end of one of Bud's youtube streams, he showed a magazine that I couldn't catch the name of (assumably a cannabis magazine ... ya think? :D) wherein GV has been purchasing the 2 full inside cover pages for the last year. And if you catch their instagram stories, they attend a multitude of cannabis events & host Ghost parties in legal states so they are already well branched-out beyond just FC, VLF & reddit.

Last edited:

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
@ClearBlueLou, you only have to register to post. You will see on the homepage on the left lower sidebar the Ghost MV-1 category. It was the central hub for the release as VapeCritic was working/alpha & beta-testing with GV to get this off the ground. There are so few issues now that the thread is basically quiet. As I said before, when a thread goes quiet it means people are happy.

I wanted to mention that at the end of one of the aforementioned youtube streams, Bud showed a magazine that I couldn't catch the name of (assumably a cannabis magazine ... ya think? :D) wherein GV has been purchasing the 2 full inside cover pages for the last year. And if you catch their instagram stories, they attend a multitude of cannabis events & host Ghost parties in legal states so they are already well-branched-out beyond just FC, VLF & reddit.
I think it was for Champs.

Trulukkyphrank

Thanks @Summer . Ghost support has been in touch. I'm working out the details with them. My plating issues began with the heatsink and now I am noticing it on my crucible holder arm swing as well. So far they have been superb to deal with.
Can you keep us updated? I have the same issues. The heatsink was adressed, I got a new one, but this started also chipping now on the inside after some weeks. My crucible holder is also loosing the black paint, but I never looked at it as an issue.

Djsleepy

No offense but I had at 10 year warranty with Haze.....but I'm happy with my black chrome...

Also @ghostvapesofficial at 2:37 on cleaning video it says makrolon stem safe for soaking in iso....yet above
The Makrolon Stem (both regular and Stealth) should be wiped and/or Q tipped with isopropyl alcohol. Do not soak the Makrolon Stem in isopropyl."
So does it damage stem? Cause air leaks? I have soaked several times should I be worried?

Last edited:

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
For clarification what is a long period of time?
IMO would say no longer than 5 minutes, but GV recommends that you do not soak the Makrolon stem. I have dropped mine in iso for a quick shake to loosen things up and that's all I've ever needed. If you have a stubborn spot that needs more attention, use a qtip in iso to get some pressure on it instead of soaking it longer.

I hope this answers your question.

Nerissa :)

Djsleepy

Well found where verbiage is on not soaking makrolon....it is on vapelife forum search under makrolon stems....take my warning Do not soak them....the one I've soaked several times for five minutes or so has literally decreased in size when I compared to new one I just got.

@ghostvapesofficial please add to faq as some of Us late to the game were not aware and have damaged ours...thanks!

Last edited:

analytika

I can't login to the app!!

Any ideas guys? Tried changing password nothing works!
Why is login required?

You can control what pairs and what doesn't.

No need for registration or authentication for the Ghost any more than for a bluetooth headset

What, Ghost corporate is collecting user level data and sending it (secured, unsecured?) over the internet?

On a cannabis vape? Is that really necessary?

Last edited:

Baron23

@buckhakeesah, I've only seen 2 people post on VLF about their heat sinks peeling & only in regards to the Stealth.

Per ghostvapesofficial (Patrick on VLF): *Nerissa's tag on VLF is GhostVapesNerissa

"Please be rest assured that we use only the highest quality Medical and Food grade materials to manufacture the MV1 and none of the parts - body & heat Sink included, on the Stealth unit, are painted.

We use a plating process known as Electrophoretic Deposition to apply the Stealth finish.

This plated finish is highly durable and can be soaked in ISO. We don't however recommend soaking any parts of anything in ISO for extended periods of time - hence the suggestion of wiping the surface instead.

Another reason for suggesting this was because we heard people were leaving heat sinks and crucibles soaking in ISO for days at a time."

As far as the Stealth latch is concerned:

Per ghost-ops on VLF: "we are still working on determining the precise cause. The truly puzzling thing is how unpredictable and (in all honesty) infrequent the problem actually is which makes getting to the bottom of it all the more difficult. It's still only affecting a tiny minority of customers which makes it all the more upsetting when another case like this comes up."

Per GHOSTTEAM on VLF: "It remains an isolated occurrence and rigorous testing continues to isolate the root cause (or causes). Meanwhile should anyone have an issue with the door latch on their Stealth, please send an email to info@ghostvapes.com with the following information and our wonderful team in CS will have everything they need to book your replacement order without delay.

1.) Order number or Retailer name
2.) Serial Number - You can find it on the box, or behind the unit when you remove the battery
3.) Ship-to address
4.) Attach picture or video of the damage"

As far as cleaning:

"The Stealth Heat Sink body should be wiped or q-tipped with isopropyl alcohol. You can soak it in ISO, however we don't recommend it.

Makrolon Mouthpiece:

Per GHOSTTEAM, "The mouthpiece/stem is sandblasted on the bottom end and is made of Makrolon, which is a far more durable material than glass. We found that the glass material did not allow for consistent performance.

You'll notice the Makrolon stem fits loosely. This is normal. What we found was happening with the previous design was when customers were pulling up on the mouthpiece to re-position it, the resistance was causing the lid of the heat sink body to become detached, unknowingly causing a bypass. This was causing performance issues that were understandably undetected by the naked eye.

Overall, the benefits of the redesign is a perfect seal, a more durable mouthpiece, and consistent performance. Should you have concerns about the seal with your heat sink, we encourage you to carry out the air bypass test on your heat sink. For your convenience, here are written instructions:

* Remove the heat sink
* Place heatsink in the palm of your hand, blocking the holes on the bottom.
* Please make sure the holes are covered, or the test is inaccurate.
* Extend the stem, and try to draw air (sucking in).
* You should not be able to draw any air through the stem"

And the best for last:

12 days ago per ghostvapesofficial (VLF): "The latest Firmware Update is being debugged at the moment and will evidently put a few smiles on faces soon."

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability go straight to power level without seeing battery level first.
great summary of recent communications. Thanks!!

buckhakeesah

Hey @Summer Thanks for pointing me to VLF for more info on the MV1. I tend to come here for first everything. I need to join up there too. Anyway, I'm experiencing similar plating finish issues similar to Postlark on that vlf forum. So, I can empathize with the issues he takes up as I am sorta in the same boat in regards to my stealth mv1. I'm not worried, Ghost team has been fantastic and I only see a desirable outcome in the long run. Loving my ghost so far and it's obstacles are definitely stuff I will put up with to be able to have this option in my rotation.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
No offense but I had at 10 year warranty with Haze

And how far did that get you? How's the lifetime warranty working for the GH customers? I've only come across in passing a couple of very expensive desktop vapes that give a lifetime warranty. Most vapes are only warranted for 1 - 3 years, most leaning toward 1 or 2. Even the FP is only warranted for 1 year. The Mighty which has a very low failure rate only has a 3 year warranty. Imo, a 5 year warranty is extremely generous & no one can fault the superb customer service GV has provided since launch. I don't know of any other company that has risen to the level of CS that GV has.

So does it damage stem? Cause air leaks? I have soaked several times should I be worried?
the one I've soaked several times for five minutes or so has literally decreased in size when I compared to new one I just got.
Makrolon is polycarbonate plastic resin; a plastic. Polycarbonate, which is not very soluble in ethanol or isopropanol, but prolonged exposure may cause crazing (producing a network of fine cracks on a surface) or stiffening.

I've never heard of plastic shrinking, only the surface crazing or becoming deformed.

... and it's obstacles are definitely stuff I will put up with to be able to have this option in my rotation.

That's what I've said for the past 1-1/4 years & as of Oct. with the release of the latest improved version, it paid off in spades!

@ghostvapesofficial please add to faq as some of Us late to the game were not aware and have damaged ours...thanks!

I agree with this. GV needs to beef up their website's FAQ both with additional, necessary inclusions and with grouping related questions together, i.e purchasing, shipping, battery, cleaning, etc. & appropriately placed links to GV youtube videos -- maybe new updated videos.

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

@Summer Im talking about the door where you load your crucible on the MV1 unit. Sorry, I'm getting the terms messed up. The backside of that door, there's a portion that is shiny plating and not stealth colored plating. Where those two different colored plating meet on my MV1 Im noticing areas where the coating is not sealed well. Its super minor and on a 90 degree edge. Im really nitpicking this but since it rubs against the upper silicone when loading a bowl every time, Id like to see what options are available since I just acquired this.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
crucible holder arm swing

Ah, the swing-out arm of crucible door. I thought you meant the swing-out arm on the crucible holder. Went back & deleted that post section.

@Summer you defend ghost like I was defending haze....only problem was .....Haze!

I was a pre-order so I've been there since the very beginning. Go over to the Ghost thread on VLF & read the voluminous threads & see GV's daily in-depth involvement with vape issues beginning in Oct 2017 & see the voluminous amount of vapes & parts they replaced, no questions asked. Their CS & goodwill is beyond reproach. And this vape is no CNC-machined Haze with cheap parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorner

Ah, the swing-out arm of crucible door. I thought you meant the swing-out arm on the crucible holder. Went back & deleted that post section.

I was a pre-order so I've been there since the very beginning. Go over to the Ghost thread on VLF & read the voluminous threads & see GV's daily in-depth involvement with vape issues beginning in Oct 2017 & see the voluminous amount of vapes & parts they replaced, no questions asked. Their CS & goodwill is beyond reproach. And this vape is no CNC-machined Haze with cheap parts.
Trouble is with all the replacement parts and vapes it makes me wonder how they can sustain the business..must be cutting into their profits big time surely?

Top Bottom