Discontinued Ghost MV1

Some-new-user

Have to give my 2 cents here. I purchased this vape just last week. I have several that I love, however I gave in anyway.
I got the stealth edition which came with the fast charger and the crucible dispenser.
VERDICT: it’s awesome couldn’t be easier to use (granted I use the ap for temperature haven’t even bothered to learn the lights, not necessary). I found there to be NO learning curve at all. Just pure enjoyment once that battery was fully charged.
I ordered a spare battery and another crucible dispenser just for good measure. If your on the fence, hop on over here. The grass is greener. Trust me...

It tastes greener too :rockon::leaf:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
The grass is greener. Trust me...

Hopefully, you can answer my question:

Does it taste as good/better than the Minivap? I’ve not used the MV1 or a Minivap, so I don’t have a favourite. But the Minivap has been said to deliver the flavour for years now. I have always wondered how the ghost would impress for someone already with a Minivap. Not trying to put you in the hot seat, just curious!

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin

Does it taste as good/better than the Minivap? I’ve not used the MV1 or a Minivap, so I don’t have a favourite. But the Minivap has been said to deliver the flavour for years now. I have always wondered how the ghost would impress for someone already with a Minivap. Not trying to put you in the hot seat, just curious!

So I’m my opinion, which may not be a popular one... I have little Love for the minivap. It has no cooling unit and it requires quite a bit of air movement to pull vapor this makes it a bit uncomfortable without a bubbler I find it works better through Water. But still not my favorite by far. Granted I don’t have the glass one, but the heat up time and extraction time seem a bit too long with today’s options.

This MV-1 is gonna be a daily driver for sure. The flavor is as good as anything else I have equal to my Splinter and Zion and TuboEvic. And yet for some reason it seems to preserve that sweetness for a few more hits than the others mentioned.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Thanks man! And it’s your valid opinion based upon the criteria you laid out. And expressed very well! Obviously, checked your sig and saw that you’ve got quite the portable arsenal; figured you would have a pretty good idea of good flavour. You definitely didn’t disappoint! Welcome to FC, you seem really nice but you’re gonna fit in anyway.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I promised an update when I heard back: Ghost is replacing my MV1.

They didn’t find any of the problems I had, amusingly: they found problems I *didn’t* have.... I realize I’m neither electrician nor electronicist, but putting my experience with theirs, it really does sound like some component in the power management was wonky. Given that peace has reigned in this thread for awhile now, it seems like problems are being resolved and folks are being happy with their vapes, yes?

Cannot tell you, as I’ve not had the pleasure of a Minivap, but I can say that the MV1 flavor is excellent, as good as a vapcap, maybe better, and stays excellent longer than the average vapcap lasts.

It will be interesting to compare my new MV1 with my old one, so I can better report.

Summer

Long Island, NY
it seems like problems are being resolved and folks are being happy with their vapes, yes?

Rarely, but there are those unfortunate users for which it take 2 or 3 exchanges to get a great working unit.

the MV1 flavor is excellent, as good as a vapcap, maybe better

Oh, definitely better -- as true convection as is possible vs. mostly conduction with some convection. I prefer convection vapor because it tastes purer & is smoother. & the Ghost certainly delivers. :rockon:

Djsleepy

A week in report (minus time while had cleaning issue)....I really think this is where i should have ended up instead of Haze....but I'm here and that's all that matters.....ease of use ,flavor,extraction are big selling.points...it is pick up and go for most.....i m saving so much product due to crucible size.and power.of.the hits this things delivers!!!! And being fresh from haze debacle.......I know mv1 had issues at.first....its obvious now everything seems well for most and I like coming to a thread that isn't all.doom and gloom!

Have a great mv1 day!

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
A week in report (minus time while had cleaning issue)....I really think this is where i should have ended up instead of Haze....but I'm here and that's all that matters.....ease of use ,flavor,extraction are big selling.points...it is pick up and go for most.....i m saving so much product due to crucible size.and power.of.the hits this things delivers!!!! And being fresh from haze debacle.......I know mv1 had issues at.first....its obvious now everything seems well for most and I like coming to a thread that isn't all.doom and gloom!

Have a great mv1 day!
I was following this thread for pages before chiming in. I didn’t want to repeat stuff, or tell you to try things you already did. This website is amazing at how rarely this happens. Anyway I am thrilled you got the hang of it. I just wanted to chime in on something. When you were going back and forth on strength of hits one thing is probably more important than anything else. The dryness of the herb controls everything. Even if it’s the same weed, freshly ground herb will behave completely different to weed you left out drying for a few hours.

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY

Djsleepy

I was following this thread for pages before chiming in. I didn’t want to repeat stuff, or tell you to try things you already did. This website is amazing at how rarely this happens. Anyway I am thrilled you got the hang of it. I just wanted to chime in on something. When you were going back and forth on strength of hits one thing is probably more important than anything else. The dryness of the herb controls everything. Even if it’s the same weed, freshly ground herb will behave completely different to weed you left out drying for a few hours.

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY

Thanks...I was aware from reading thread and video to.dry on paper if fresh/sticky.....and yes it makes a huge difference....my prob was cleaning issues ...but since then I ordered another crucible and heatsink to have as I'm a heavy user.....and glad to medicate with the Ghost MV1!

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber where are you at? I think he can shed some light on the comparison of MV and MV1. I'm curious too. Looks like @Herbie Hancock has had a MV Teflon too. What are your thoughts?
............................................................................................................

I have much love for my miniVAPs!!! Except for the warmup time, which you can work around by starting miniVAP before you prep your stash, it gives me max flavor, max efficiency, has the best loading capsules in the world, and needs almost no cleaning.
I'm away from home base and have inlaws visiting so will try to do a Ghost vs miniVAP comparo later.

IMO, the Ghost and miniVAP are both top 5 vapes but for my wants/needs/priorities the miniVAP keeps kickin arse and continues to hold down my #1 spot, in spite of continued challengers :)

If folks what a detailed comparo of Ghost VS miniVAP, I'll work on one tonight. Both are top tier IMO/IME

Vitolo

Vaporist
A big thanks to all of you FC Members that have taken advantage of the MV1 upgrade program, which in turn gets your old units refurbished for donation to local chronically and terminally ill, low income patients that have valid MMJ Cards.
Giant sized thanks to @ghostvapesofficial and the Ghost team for getting another batch of these refurbished units into our hands.
I guess by now you know that a dozen of these units have already made it into the homes of Veterans, and Cancer Survivors, as well as other patients suffering from medical situations that have become their accepted life situations. This includes a couple of young Chemo Patients as well.
The MV1 has afforded the lot of them, and there are more coming, with grace, and in spite of poverty... a modern tool that makes being ill.... and broke... seem much lighter on the heart.
Thanks for reading!

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
A big thanks to all of you FC Members that have taken advantage of the MV1 upgrade program, which in turn gets your old units refurbished for donation to local chronically and terminally ill, low income patients that have valid MMJ Cards.
Giant sized thanks to @ghostvapesofficial and the Ghost team for getting another batch of these refurbished units into our hands.
I guess by now you know that a dozen of these units have already made it into the homes of Veterans, and Cancer Survivors, as well as other patients suffering from medical situations that have become their accepted life situations. This includes a couple of young Chemo Patients as well.
The MV1 has afforded the lot of them, and there are more coming, with grace, and in spite of poverty... a modern tool that makes being ill.... and broke... seem much lighter on the heart.
Thanks for reading!

I've read about you and your efforts previously; thank you. This an amazing effort. Also, @ghostvapesofficial, thank you.

buckhakeesah

Finally bit the bullet and received my stealth ghost today. Waiting on the charge to be done and decided to pull the heatsink to clean things before my first go with it. Upon close inspection, I'm concerned with the flaking of the paint on the heatsink, moreso in areas not visible once installed but I did notice bits of flake/dust of black on my paper towels when cleaning it after a quick iso soak from brand new out of the box. I'm thinking it will continue peeling in those areas over time. Its kinda weird....it appears to be the stealth black painted over a previous shiny version heatsink. I'll get a pic up if anyone is interested in seeing this.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@buckhakeesah, the black is some type of bonded coating over chrome or metal. There had only been a few people who have had a peeling issue. Take clear pics of the peeling issue (& paper toweling if nec.) & attach it to an email to info@ghostvapes.com & they'll send you a new heat sink. You should hear from them within 24 - 48 hours, but GV being closed on weekends. you might not get a reply until Monday.

Interested in your 1st impression.

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey FC members!
We have accessories that you have been asking for such as concentrate pads, stems, etc...

2q2jnfo.jpg
[/IMG]

Check out our website: GhostVapes

Nerissa :)

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Hey FC members!
We have accessories that you have been asking for such as concentrate pads, stems, etc...

2q2jnfo.jpg
[/IMG]

Check out our website: GhostVapes

Nerissa :)

Thanks Nerissa! I just ordered some heat sink seals....I know with heavy use (tugging and pull on them) and heat will possibly cause airseal leaks....awesome you guys are.keeping prices low too......thanks!

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
Reporting in again with an update after day 3. I still stand by what I said...however I am concerned.
The crucible door won’t stay shut. The latch has already broken. Little Tiny piece of some sort of plastic that is supposed to catch the notch on the crucible door broke off. Why was it not cast from one piece of metal?? Can’t believe this happened after maybe 20 crucibles. Obviously this worries me tonsay the least.
Zion never had an issue. My Tino evic never let me down either.
If I would have left on vacation today instead of tomorrow I would ha e been pissed. I was only planning on taking it and it’s two crucible dispensers and put it through the test.

And I would have been SOL for the next week. That would have sucked beyond belief. Oh well
Zion it is and that is not a complaint.

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
Reporting in again with an update after day 3. I still stand by what I said...however I am concerned.
The crucible door won’t stay shut. The latch has already broken. Little Tiny piece of some sort of plastic that is supposed to catch the notch on the crucible door broke off. Why was it not cast from one piece of metal?? Can’t believe this happened after maybe 20 crucibles. Obviously this worries me tonsay the least.
Zion never had an issue. My Tino evic never let me down either.
If I would have left on vacation today instead of tomorrow I would ha e been pissed. I was only planning on taking it and it’s two crucible dispensers and put it through the test.

And I would have been SOL for the next week. That would have sucked beyond belief. Oh well
Zion it is and that is not a complaint.

Make sure to ping @ghostvapesofficial, they'll get you taken care of.

Djsleepy

I thought they addressed latch issue on stealths???? I wasn't sure that was one reason I stayed away from stealth

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Vitolo

buckhakeesah

Ghost is sending me a new heatsink. Does anyone with a shiny silver heatsink have any issue of peeling/ flaking on their heatsink?

buckhakeesah,
Top Bottom