Gentleman's Brand Vapes

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
so i have had the arizer solo for at least a year now. works amazingly (though ive found vaporizing sativas works better than vaping pure indicas - i generally combust those through my bubbler).

but i generally have to bring a one-hitter w/ box for "out and about medicating," which sucks.

so i ordered the gentlemans micro vape (which i was told by gentlemans is the espionage pen)

i ordered it on a friday and it was in my mailbox on monday. awesome! unfortunately, arizona does not allow waxes or oils yet (apparently thats considered a "manufactured drug" or some shit, even though i can buy flowers legally), so over the weekend i made my first batch of bho (separate thread, but i want to try it with shake next time, not expensive buds - might have to use craigslist - ack!)

loaded about half of my bho up and it lasted through the weekdays, taking a couple hits a day. i have been getting totally baked from it. though it seems the high is different than vaping or smoking plants - maybe more cerebral and less physical/body high?) then loaded up the remainder of my bho the other day. we shall see how long a batch of bho made form an eighth of buds lasts in this. i have nothign to compare it to to see if im burning through it normally, too fast or what.

the taste is good, but if you take off the silicone cap and try an inhale, it tastes like shit. also, the wax seems to be all around the bottom sides of the cart, with a hole so you can directly see the coil. is this normal?

i did hit it in a sold out movie theater the other night and my gf said she could totally smell it (i could even see the cloud rising but it seemed to dissipate quickly). i also blew it into my smoke detector and it set it off. (have not yet tried that with the solo).

anyone have any tips on using this? not sure if i should use it "press button couple secs on, one sec off, couple secs on, etc) or just hold hte button down till it auto shuts off?

thanks! will report back after i go through the rest of this bho.
What you load will build up along the walls with a hole around the coil like you said youve experienced. You can take a toothpick and scrape around the walls to get it back on the coil if you want.

From my experience, the taste of this was always horrible. I had the metal moutpiece though and never tried the silicone but i always experienced a horrible metalic taste. That was also before i switched to bho though so maybe thats why. The amount you have probably wont last that long depending on how much you use it per day. Also, be careful because tolerance can build up quick.

I didnt use it enough to master a technique so probably not much help there

Mynameismud,
Reactions: axl_rose

axl_rose

one more question about the espionage pen.

how do you set the safety? it says click the button 5 times to lock it, but that doesnt do anything besides heat the coil. and i think i might be burning oil accidentally when this thing is in my pocket because there have been a couple times where im sitting there thinking "boy this pen reeks!" now i think its cause the button got pressed in my pocket.

axl_rose,

OF

how do you set the safety? it says click the button 5 times to lock it, but that doesnt do anything besides heat the coil.

I'm not sure I have the e-cig 'pen' they're using but they're basically all the same. The 'trick' is you need to be fast, 5 clicks in a couple seconds (most of them don't actually fire the heater up for the first half second or so for this reason). If you can, unscrew the cart to practice. Try pushing it 'six or seven times as fast as you can go'. It should lock out at 5, flashing the light slower and brighter a few times (and ignore the few extra button presses).

OF

axl_rose

not to bring ya down, but you are dealing w/ cheap ecig remade crap. look at other threads and get better gear. my two cents

yeah, i know im dealing with "cheap ecig remade crap," thats why i posted my questions in here instead of in a forum asking about which brand i should get. i guessed it was cheap because the price was cheap and ive spent a ton of blazed hours in these fc forums reading posts till i go cross eyed.

i wanted a cheap ecig to experiment with for portability and the able to medicate anywhere. so for my very much intentioned to be entry-level vape pen, i opted for the espionage because it was cheap and i read here that their atomizer works pretty well. plus, arizona doesnt allow wax or oils to be sold legally yet, and i literally just made my first batch of bho, so i wasnt sure this would be something worth dumping a ton of money into if i ended up not liking or being able to make bho affordably and deliciously. then i might opt to upgrade this particular smoking utensil to something better for the long run.

so, sorry if i bothered you by asking a question in a thread specifically about the item im asking a question about. also, this way, there will be more documentation about this particular product for future generations of other lost souls who dont have as much experience as you but are still looking into going the vape pen route in the future, there now exists your relevant and explanatory answer.

ps... still cant get the safety lock on. even tried removing the atomizer first. pressed it slow, fast, medium, upsidedown and backwards in time, but to no avail=(

axl_rose,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
What he's saying is, you're not gonna get very good performance out of it, and if you do, it probably won't last long. Omicron, Dabbler, VIP/VIP2, are worth a thought, and work much better than this. Don't discard all oil pen vapes as shit just because this one ends up smelling like it. :2c:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The carts leak (OF mentioned this in another thread), if they don't die on you first (common complaint in this thread). There are reports in this thread that the company sent "medicated" carts (with cannabinoid content) to people not in medical-friendly states (breaking a whole bunch of federal laws for both sender AND recipient).

The battery portion can be had for $20-25 on various electronic cigarette vendor sites.

There's a fair few options for you to choose from that have more than proven themselves... Omicron/Persei from Delta9, VaporBros' Dabbler, VIP/VIP2 by SSV, ThermoVape used to make this lovely cart called the Revolution (and the brotherly DART which is the same but with a built-in dabber tool as well).

These are, of course, only for BHO/hash oil... and assuming you have enough money and goodies to make it worthwhile. I've ran grams and grams in my DART and it still kicks ass. There's a good following with the Dabbler and VIP/VIP2. We've got threads for them floating around the portables section. Worth a look IMO. And like I said, they're worth the buy if you're planning on using oils more often than not and want a portable solution.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

axl_rose

some of those portable vapes look pretty hardcore. like, if i was using it in public, people would definitely not think i was using a simple ecig. or, for instance, trying to bring that revolution vape into a concert . . . it seems like it would definitely raise some eyebrows.

im looking for something that could be mistaken for an ecig. i already have a solo for portable serious sessions but that cant be used "out and about" or snuck in somewhere.

i did see maybe an ego-c twist battery, paired with kanger cartomizer as a possible good solution for what ***I*** am looking to get.

though im not sure if cartomizers or atomizers are a better route. im using BHO, btw

the omnicron with those delta9 extract cartridges look like a pretty good upgrade, IF i decide to make a pen vape part of my regular arsenal. that is, assuming i can find a source for good, affordable shake and trim.

axl_rose,

tina

hey all. first time poster here.

Im with gentlemans brand and i just wanted to post some really exciting news.

gentlemansvapes.com (formerly thcstick.com
we have just opened an e-liquid store,
but also have released a brilliant new vapor pen.

it is the most universal pen on the market today.

you can charge it while you vape, you can change the heat settings on it.

and it only costs you 60$ - true compassion.

it includes a thread adapter which allows you to use an infinite array of cartridges -
Ecigs: 510, ego, etc. RX carts: atmosRX, Omicon (really cool), Gentlemans wax prefills (both sizes), and the upcoming, patented "Gentlemans Pack your own herb carts"

in addition to this, we will be releasing several more pen models with amazing, unique features, always with unlocked threads - adapter kits - and diy supplies as well

and finally, within a few days, we will make available to you all the tools you need to make your own pre-fills at a ridiculously low rate. Don't even think about paying 12$ for a blank anymore - that should be buying you a 5 pack, in our opinion.

Anyhow, with the new year and the new year -we look forward to providing you crazy customer care, ridiculously competitive prices, and tons of innovative ideas for vaping. we have a dream to create the worlds most elegant and boutique pens and liquids. and now we've set up a shop to do just that:

www.gentlemansvapes.com

Thanks Guys!

- Julie @ Gentleman's Brand

IMG_0108.jpg

tina,

tina

I purchased the pen from my local dispensary who stopped carrying them due to ALL customers complaining there was no cannabis in the cartridge. None of the customer felt any buzz at all, like it was aroma and no cannabis at all. Because no one liked it, they all wanted Their money back and the dispensary stopped selling this product and told us to get our $90 back from the company. The company has ran me around for OVER A YEAR-no refund-no replacement cartridge-nothing even though I said yes to both

Terrible experience-DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

OF

The company has ran me around for OVER A YEAR-no refund-no replacement cartridge-nothing even though I said yes to both

Terrible experience-DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

"no replacement cartridge"? They offered to send you a 'replacement' cartridge with THC in it? That's pretty scary to me. Either there is no THC there and they know it (in which case it's only underhanded) or they were serious (in which case they were involving you in something seriously underhanded (like sending you a controlled substance against a fist full of Federal Laws)), your even discussing the idea is probably Felony Conspiracy?

Good thing the Feds aren't monitoring the Internet.....

Staying away sounds like good advice to me.

OF

OF,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
"no replacement cartridge"? They offered to send you a 'replacement' cartridge with THC in it?

OF
They have pre-filled "Co2 oil" cartridges listed on their website, it does say only for california patients with valid credentials though...

I know we've all pretty much written off Gentlemans Vapes, but anyone have any reports on the V2 carts?
Its not worth it, too good to be true, blah blah blah. In all seriousness stay away, you will thank me later.

I purchased the two pack some time ago, one came DOA, tried emailing them, a few times with no response. I also called them once and received the run around and then I finally gave up. The one that did work had a horrible metallic taste that I could not get rid off and i finally threw it out.

Also just checked their website, they are "sold out" of the 2 pack of cartridges but not the three pack, or four pack? That seems real shady especially since mine came in a gentlemans box (similar to the omicron cartridges packaging) that could fit at least 5 cartridges. It was like they literally threw them in there so i dont know how they could be sold out of the smallest increment but not the larger orders...

D

Deleted member 15608

Hello everyone,

Has anyone here had experience with gentleman's espionage pen? Mine is acting very weird. Every time I attach the atomizer and hit the button the light flashes blue as if the battery is out. I then charge the battery (fully) and test the pen without the atomizer. The light is solid, but when I put the atomizer back on, the light continues to flash. The coils have yet to heat because I keep getting this god damn flashing light. I have also tried turning on and off the safety but that had done nothing. Please help!

Deleted member 15608,
D

Deleted member 15608

I ordered 2 extra atomizers and none of them work wtf!! When I test all 3 atomizers the light flashes. Godam!!

Deleted member 15608,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I've never used a gentlemans vape before but I think that they use eGo batteries, and they give a little blink show if you connect an atomizer with a short or no connection. I'd get a hold of whoever sold it to you asap. They will be a lot more likely to honor a replacement if you get to them sooner.

OF

I ordered 2 extra atomizers and none of them work wtf!! When I test all 3 atomizers the light flashes. Godam!!

Bummer. Sounds like the pen has packed in, it's considered a 'throw away' in it's original market. You might want to clean and check the socket area carefully, perhaps the center contact has pulled up a bit (common with oil and other junk stuck to it) and can now short out when the cart is installed. I once fixed a Omicron V1 this way.

Good luck.

I've never used a gentlemans vape before but I think that they use eGo batteries, and they give a little blink show if you connect an atomizer with a short or no connection.

Actually a no connect shows as a no connect (same as no cart installed). If it changes state something connected that wasn't connected before......

I agree, time for replacement unless the problem is easily fixed.

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I've never used a gentlemans vape before but I think that they use eGo batteries, and they give a little blink show if you connect an atomizer with a short or no connection. I'd get a hold of whoever sold it to you asap. They will be a lot more likely to honor a replacement if you get to them sooner.
I had a similar experience. Got two atomizers, one came dead on arrival out of the box. Tried emailing them over and over never got a response. Finally called them and they told me therewas nothing they can do they test all the atomizers before they ship so if theres a problem its on my end and i would need to order a new one. What a joke of a company...

D

Deleted member 15608

wow that better not happen to me. 3 dead atomizers is not cool Well I guess I should take the time to ask. Can you send me the link of a great pen vape for oils and shatter that is under $100? I need an alternative to gentleman's brand. Thaks

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted member 15608,
Top Bottom