FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Thanks for the help.

You think I should invest in the silicone mouthpiece?

I'm exhausted from reading so many different reviews and such on different vapes. I'm so meticulous I don't want a lemon, even though I'm not buying a $300 vape. I really need this while waiting for my FF1 to come back, if it ever does.

Im probably goin to be forced to upgrade to the 2, but I'll wait until then. A Pax 3 could be in the future or the grasshopper some day. But this FM is gonna hold me over for a while

Artvandelay,

OF

Standard mouthpiece is really fine.

I agree. I tried the silicone one and went back to the glass ones. I was concerned at the time about breaking the glass so I bought a spare......so of course never had any problems. The glass is easy to get 'squeaky clean' with PBW, which is also nice.

OTOH, Ed makes a really nice wood stem for the FMs. I really like that for different reasons. I loaned it to a friend to check out and seem to be having trouble getting it back. He lives in another city so I only see him every month or two....or 3. Thus far we both keep forgetting that small detail in the process of getting 'caught up'. That stem needs the factory metal base and gasket from the glass stem, so if you should break the glass part......

Enjoy your FM, a very solid tool.

OF

SuperLuigi

Can you buy these directly from smiss ? I've read through this forum but hard to find a concrete answer .

SuperLuigi,

hillbill

Just to bump this up. I use Flowermate 5.0s and mini and minix for every day and they just keep doing what they do. Tried to upgrade to CFX but it made me cough. I have asthma and certain things are a pain. The driness of vapor might be the culprit, don't know. But Flowermates are comfortable and are a great value for money spent. Freed me from butane!

My wife now has the CFX and loves it and especially the taste and 20 second ready.

DrDurdle

i had the Flowermate as my first Vapo, only used rarely but there is one thing i really dont like about it (overall, a solid unit) and that is the draw resistance.

OF

i had the Flowermate as my first Vapo,....there is one thing i really dont like about it (overall, a solid unit) and that is the draw resistance.

This is a very common combination. Many (dare I say 'most'? maybe even all......) of us had that opinion early on, a holdover from blazing no doubt.

Blazing favors lots of air in the draw. More air means more fire. More fire means more heat. More heat means more smoke. Simple.

With most vapes (FM included) this is not true. More (cold) air means HEAT THAT WOULD OTHERWISE MAKE VAPOR IS STOLEN WARMING UP THE AIR. Think about it, the walls of the FM are at a fixed temperature barely hot enough to make vapor. The walls can't get any hotter, all they can do is transfer heat to either the load or the air, and as long as there's air cooler than 400F or so that's where all the heat is going?

The maker no doubt tried other vent sizes, as do the other vape makers. IMO there's a solid reason they all have designed practical vapes many consider 'too restricted'. Attempts to remove restrictions (like say the PVHES series and the enlarged vents on Solo and Air we demanded) have generally not worked out well I think, or the factory offerings would be different.

Vapes, especially portables where power is at a premium, can only make vapor so fast. Trying to get more by the usual route of lowering restrictions and honking on it usually gives you a larger volume of LESS DENSE vapor, all you've done is dilute it. You'd have better resultes leaking fresh air in with the hit (which y ou don't have to heat). Cold air robs heat and prevents vapor from forming.

I suggest you sip it and enjoy it as designed?

Merry Christmas to one and all.

OF

hillbill

Earlier versions had a screen with many tiny holes forced into the bottom which eventually clogged some. Also, if the mouthpiece has a screen in the mini or two screens in the 5.0, take a screen out. They enlarged the center hole in the mouthpiece base. I enlarged the other 4(mini). Big help in 2 minutes. And be very gentle on the draw. Happy Trails...QSMS

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
What is your experience with a mini version? pays a version with a display or just a button?

kilrtjat,

hillbill

The original mini has the strongest battery as I understand. Someone should be along to explain in detail. Was discussed on this thread a couple months ago. I have a mini and a minix and the mini is very good for battery life and the minix is ok. Like an A to a B-. Battery life on the 5.0s is just brutal! It is bigger and heavier with 2 batteries. If it don't go all day on a charge, your weed sucks.

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
kilrtjat,

hillbill

The mini has storage for mouthpiece and teamed up with flower tanks great for hiking or fishing or general on the go stuff. Might check Boundless CF. Got mine from PIU, have had good dealings with Vapor Warehouse also. Price is right.

Trev

I can't compare between different vapes as believe it or not I have only ever used Flowermate but I have had a few now (dropped some, gave some away, lost them!) but the new ones are a huge improvement on the older versions that some may have given up on. Much better airflow and generally better made. One thing i would say is the battery life on the mini pro is bad so bear that in mind, obviously it's USB so it's not hard to keep charged but if that is an issue go with the regular Pro version, that will last you for a couple of hours at least.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Anyone have personal experience and comparison with Solo and Flowermate?

Dont think we are supposed to compare vapes here....

But I have both, and I would say that going from a solo to an fm will be a little disappointing for you.....

I'm not knocking the fm, it was a great work vape for a year, and for the price it's ok....

I find a butane vape is a nice compliment to my solo..... vapcap Maybe????

The fm is too similar to the solo for a companion, and just not quite as good in my experience....

Hope I havent offended the fm owners now, I loved my fm and would recommend it to new vapers..

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hard to be offended when you are talking about the Solo which has been quite the reference to compare to for a long while now, at least in the conduction vapes category. :p

But I think the FM5-Pro still has an advantage with the freely configurable temperature as it can do low temps very well. The FM5-S on the other hand is much more limited in that regard and only barely adequate with its 3 settings that are too close from each others.

This week I had a business trip and took the Eurostar train, which has security checks comparable to an airport. I only took two vapes with me: the Project, as it's just an e-cig, and the FM5-Pro because it looks so much like a USB hard drive it's really stealthy.

I could have brought the Mini-Pro but yes battery life is a turn-down. I was doing a lot of lengthy work on-site for the event and I needed the best run-time. So FM5-Pro + power bank and the Project with a couple of spare 18650's, and I got my ass covered!

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
Hey, thanks for the advice. Where else should vaporizers comparable if not the forum for vaporizers :-D To be precise. I am looking for something of the same quality as arizer solo, but something in his pocket compact. I have no a skater boy with huge pockets. I do not look like that in my pocket I have a personal vibrator :-)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hard to be offended when you are talking about the Solo which has been quite the reference to compare to for a long while now, at least in the conduction vapes category. :p

But I think the FM5-Pro still has an advantage with the freely configurable temperature as it can do low temps very well. The FM5-S on the other hand is much more limited in that regard and only barely adequate with its 3 settings that are too close from each others.

This week I had a business trip and took the Eurostar train, which has security checks comparable to an airport. I only took two vapes with me: the Project, as it's just an e-cig, and the FM5-Pro because it looks so much like a USB hard drive it's really stealthy.

I could have brought the Mini-Pro but yes battery life is a turn-down. I was doing a lot of lengthy work on-site for the event and I needed the best run-time. So FM5-Pro + power bank and the Project with a couple of spare 18650's, and I got my ass covered!

Yeah now that I think about it, maybe I was being a bit harsh on th fm....

I forgot about the seemingly never ending battery life on the fm5.0s...
No battery level indicator though...

The other models have The full temp range as you say....
And the fm is more stealthy and tougher I think...
Dropped my fm loads with no problems, dropped my solo once and it needed to be replaced.....

@kilrtjat We are supposed to compare in seperate comparison threads..but I think you can get away with a bit of it here, providing it doesn't go too in depth and completely derail the thread....

DrDurdle

@ draw resitance
i just tested my brand new Crafty (second i got after flowermate) and its a whole new world

DrDurdle,

hillbill

Have a Boundless CFX which I considered quite free drawing but don't work for whatever reason with my asthma. I have heard the draw on the Mighty/Crafty is as free as any out there. Don't get to see new and different herb vapes where I am except by video or forums. The other side of that coin is the more ambient air that is drawn thru the oven, the higher the battery drain from the heater trying to warm that air by 300*+ as it rushes by.

hillbill,
Reactions: OF

RobotFart

Mine died after getting bong water in the chamber...

Have an XMax v2 pro now and really enjoying it.

RobotFart,

RobotFart

@hillbill No doubt it was my fault haha

Was thinking about upgrading to the Mini Pro or the full sized V5.0s but couldn't find any good enough prices in the UK that would beat a $50 X-max...

I'm missing the portability of the Mini but liking the clouds and removable battery of the X-max.

hillbill

Privileged to live where vapor goodies are quite freely sold and with so many choices. The two battery models are noticeably heavier and a bit more bulky. But they are animals as far as battery power. My first Flowermate was a 5.0s and I use it daily and it still function exactly the way it did when I got it 14 months ago.
There may be a 5.0s pro in my future!

RobotFart

I wish i could say the same, in the UK we can buy pretty much any vape but the American websites seem to sell them much cheaper most of the time.

My Mini performed just the same as it did throughout the year and a half I had it. Used it for probably half an hour a day for that year and a half, I was honestly surpiesed at how reliable it was.

The only problems I had was the threaded metal piece on the unit loosening and the battery life going from 12 sessions at the beginning to 8 sessions a year and a half later, which is honestly pretty amazing seeing how much I used it.

I was considering doing a battery replacement myself which I saw earlier in the thread but 8 sessions was still great.

Top Bottom