FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

OF

I just order the pro I will let you guys know how I like it

Good choice, IMO. Lots of options/choices of models, but the Pro certainly is certainly a good compromise of features, size, cost and battery life. I like mine, although I use the smaller ones more often, I'm sure you'll enjoy yours and hope you get long service from it. They seem very dependable.

Regards,

OF

OF,
Reactions: KeroZen

noob100

I got the pro but guess who has it in his closet NOT ME MY DAD AND I AM 34 GIVE ME A BREAK:mad:

noob100,
Reactions: OF

hetoke

Hey there,

while I'm still deciding which Vaprozer to buy I noticed that all the shops here in Germany are advertising the Flowermate 5 Pro with a special chip that supposedly shows the temperature accurately. I've also seen some reviews stating that the temperature it shows are pretty wrong.
Do you guys know anything about that?

hetoke,

hillbill

I own and use 4 Flowermates and might suggest the 5.0x. I have a minix and really enjoy it. It has 6 temps and gets plenty warm for tanks which I use 60% of the time or so. Temps are not that accurate but useful for reference. My original 5.0s is my warmest running. The minix temp has 6 settings and fast warm up.

You can also see the LEDs outdoors. The pro screen is impossible and I vape while hiking or fishing. The 5.0x would be great on charge life also and the pro won't get any warmer in real use. The x design is newer and it shows. Find myself using it more and more.

Mine get serious use to ward off back spasms and my first Flowermate works as it did on day 1. I've had it for a year and a half.

Rabuki

Hello,

First off, big thank you for this thread which pretty much single-handedly made me purchase a FM, my first and only vaporizer. I have the V5.0 (bought last November) and I'm very content with it, it does exactly as was described.

I came off a 5-6 year break from combustion. Not exactly a break, I simply wasn't enjoying it anymore and stopped (though not sworn it off either). I was a bit of a featherweight user, building 4-5 hit mini spliffs. Never heard of micro-dosing at the time but I think that was sort of what I was doing. So, trying to do the same thing with the V5.0, I find I can't get much lower than filling a third of the chamber (about 0.1g) to get proper extraction. But that's actually too much for me. So what would be the best way to go about micro-dosing with this device?

I saw these herb tanks which would make the oven smaller which sounds great, but does the V5.0 get hot enough for proper extraction, there are no temp settings.

I tried mixing with other herbs (regular hemp and damiana) to increase load and thus exposure to oven surface, but I have to make sure that it's the MJ that's touching the oven and the other herb is in the middle as filler. And I'd like the effect to be as pure as possible.

Just using 0.1g, taking a few hits and leave the rest for another day is ofcourse also an option but perhaps there's a better way (well, I do take it out as to not gunk up the oven).

Next up, I'll be trying to just hold the FM horizontally and try to have as much touching the oven as possible though that may cause some herb flying into the mouthpiece screen (something I haven't had any trouble with).

Hmm, probably not a very coherent post :p, but any tips and ideas about micro-dosing with the FM V5.0? :)

Thanks!

Rabuki,

OF

I saw these herb tanks which would make the oven smaller which sounds great, but does the V5.0 get hot enough for proper extraction, there are no temp settings.

I tried mixing with other herbs (regular hemp and damiana) to increase load and thus exposure to oven surface, but I have to make sure that it's the MJ that's touching the oven and the other herb is in the middle as filler. And I'd like the effect to be as pure as possible.

Just using 0.1g, taking a few hits and leave the rest for another day is ofcourse also an option but perhaps there's a better way (well, I do take it out as to not gunk up the oven).

First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum and all the fun and good information......I guess you've figured that part out already without my help? Anyway, good folks. Hopefully you'll soon be one of us helping the new guys along? Or just sharing fun and experiences with the FM.

Yes, by all means try the "pods". The herb one makes vapor slower, needs more heat to keep high volume going, sort of what you're looking for? More importantly you can load it full and vape away. When you've 'had enough for now' simply remove the stem and dump the pod with what's left inside.....vapor production stops instantly (as it starts to cool off), saving the rest of the load for next time.

If you want experiment with smaller loads in the normal way, I suggest you use ABV (vaped herb) as a filler. It will still conduct heat (support vapor production elsewhere in the load) without contributing any vapor itself. Not a common request, but an effective, proven technique. Using fillers the emit other vapors at temperatures before say 390F is not a good plan IMO.

Anyways, tasty choice with the FM. Solid tool but like any Craftsman (should that be 'Craftsperson'? .....no, wait 'CraftsperSON' is sexist.....), you are responsible for using the tool and the results.

Experiment around with it, follow the results you like, avoid repeating the ones you don't?

BTW, if you decide to go 'one (or a couple) hits at a time' you might consider the Summit or DT Gen2 Herb Cart. Both are set up well for 'grab a quick hit or two on the sly and get on with it' duty. They deliver vapor quickly from cold (under half a minute start to finish if you push) and the load cools down fast after the hit(s) since the body of the vape is sinking heat from the load area when the power drops out. Better suited than the FMs for this I think.

Regards,

OF

hillbill

My 5.0sis my hottest Flowermate regardless of what the readouts say and I use it with tanks exclusively and on blue setting. My first FM 1 1/2 years old. I have ten dry tanks and pack firmly. Takes a couple draws to get full vapor and is really nice. I use tanks most of the time and I use mine Flowermates every day.

Flowermates really are a good solid value.

Skyscraper

I wonder if those pods will fit in a Focus vaporizer oven? I would like to lessen the amount of material used in my conduction vapes too

Skyscraper,

hillbill

The tanks may add a bit of convection heat also. First draw is always light with tanks second is better and then boom, boom, boom! Vapor is smoother also. Don't know what they might fit. Boundless has same style dry tanks in bigger size. They do keep vape cleaner. Terrific when fishing or hiking but watch that tank tops do not unscrew themselves from motion like walking with them in pocket. Whatever tank or basket is used with these vapes just a little more heat is required.

hillbill,
Reactions: Rabuki

Rabuki

If you want experiment with smaller loads in the normal way, I suggest you use ABV (vaped herb) as a filler. It will still conduct heat (support vapor production elsewhere in the load) without contributing any vapor itself. Not a common request, but an effective, proven technique. Using fillers the emit other vapors at temperatures before say 390F is not a good plan IMO.

I forgot about this one, I tried it once, but that was with ABV from multiple strains. I'll try again with ABV from the same strain. Thanks for the reminder.

Whatever tank or basket is used with these vapes just a little more heat is required.
The herb one makes vapor slower, needs more heat to keep high volume going, sort of what you're looking for?

Do you know if the regular V5.0 supplies enough heat, the regular sized one without the temperature settings? Does the pod even fit in the oven? Or are ovens the same across the FM models? Different sites seem to have a different compatiblity lists.

I may perhaps look a bit silly to want to be this sure for a 3 euro product but I can't just order 1 or 2 pods, they won't ship such small orders so I have to fill the order with things I don't need :)

Rabuki,

OF

Do you know if the regular V5.0 supplies enough heat, the regular sized one without the temperature settings? Does the pod even fit in the oven? Or are ovens the same across the FM models? Different sites seem to have a different compatiblity lists.

Yes, it gives you as much temperature as possible without combustion, same as the variable ones, performance is 'slow' because of the increased resistance in the heat flow path (heat can only move into the load so fast....).

The pods fit all the FMs (at least the one's I have) as well as a lot of other maker's similar vapes.

BTW, if you have access to bubble hash, the herb pods do a great job with it (the concentrate version doesn't).

OF

Rabuki

Thanks, I ordered one. Felt like I had to, timing was perfect as I cleaned the mp and oven about 5 days ago and haven't used it yet. Big plus about the FM (eventhough I have no experience with others), so very easy to clean.

Can't wait to experiment with it!

Lelz

Sorry for bad english,
A friend of mine just gave me a flowermate v5.0 pro but after reading around the internet i found that the electronics parts are not isolated and the airflow will pass through them. The vape is almost new, but will it be safe to use? I want to be sure that i will not have bad chemicals in my lungs, i wouldn't like to end up in my 30/40 with having bad things like silicosis or similar diseases. (yeah i'm a bit paranoid about health)
Thanks to whoever answers me.

Lelz,

OF

The vape is almost new, but will it be safe to use?

I think it's safe to use, I use one regularly, and think that's the usual practice. Folks looking for a reason not to own one might think it's a problem.....or an excuse?

IMO there is noting to fear in general. What 'evil electronic fumes' are you hiding from? Isn't your computer guilty of dumping those same fumes (if they exist.....) into your home? Is the radio in your bedroom poisoning you as you sleep? How about your cell phone.

OTOH you're not at all likely to find anyone on this Forum who thinks it's very dangerous, this is after all a group of happy owners/users?

I think your English is just fine, plenty good to hang around and share with us? Please do. BTW, I think you've got a good friend there, be sure to thank him. And look for a chance to return the favor?

I vote you enjoy your unit, IMO its a good one. They learned a lot building the earlier models, very refined.

OF

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Does it have the "variable air flow" intake? (label on the bottom sliding door) If yes it's a recent model and air path should be fully isolated.

Previous versions had the intake solely from the side vents, next to the heater. According to flow dynamics, most of the air was drawn from these vents but a small non-zero quantity could come from the device internals.

As it it cold air passing over a RoHS lead-free PCB, and in very low quantity, we collectively deemed it safe enough. My advice: don't worry too much.

Lelz

Thanks for the answers!
I will tell you my opinion when i try it because i'm currently away from home.
Can i ask you about what is a burn off and if i should do it?
It's been 3 months after i quit smoking so i'm sure i will get some effects from it :)

Lelz,

Rabuki

Can i ask you about what is a burn off and if i should do it?

Just let it run for a couple of sessions without any herb in it to burn off any possible residues due to manufacturing.

Edit: And about the airflow worries, if the airpath isn't isolated you can go hardcore about it and remove the cover and use it that way :p

Rabuki,
Reactions: hillbill
Top Bottom