FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

mdma69

I was considering doing a battery replacement myself which I saw earlier in the thread but 8 sessions was still great.

I am just about to purchase a mini pro, was wondering what do you consider a "session"? like the 5-6 minute timer session?

mdma69,
Reactions: OF

OF

I am just about to purchase a mini pro, was wondering what do you consider a "session"? like the 5-6 minute timer session?

I think for most of us a session is more like 10 minutes. Until it times out. Trying to 'work with that' by using shorter sessions to save battery power doesn't work all that well since you use a LOT of power heating to temperature. 'Getting the job done while you're there' is a better plan for most.

And, of all the models, the Mini Pro is the most restricted here, you can only count on 3 sessions IMO. Even when new. Four from the normal Mini (bigger battery) or the larger models (two such larger batteries inside, 8 or 10 sessions possible).

Many of us find the Mini Pro's battery too limiting, my 'plain Vanilla' Mini gets more use.

OF

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Right, I think I'm getting two bowls per charge only. That is when doing some temperature stepping. Don't know how many timer "sessions" that amounts to. Maybe 6? Or 8?

The Mini Pro is nice for lightweight users or if it's not your only vape. I see a lot of FC members doing only two bowls or stems per day, in which case it would be fine. But if you do way more than that, like I do, you either need several vapes or a power bank to complement the Mini Pro.

hillbill

The plain mini is pretty respectable for a single battery. I have a mini s and a mini x and the battery lasts longer on the mini s. Randy at Puff It Up says all the Flowermates now have shells of heavier Gage aluminum like the Mini x l bought last summer.

I keep 3 Flowermates in rotation through the day at home. My 5.0s goes with me if I'll be out all day. My mini and mini x are much easier to see leds in the daylight. Loaded dry flower tanks always go along on fishing or road outings. I use half loads under a screen tapped down and I use a spacer to keep it that way. This keeps the hits comfortable the Flowermates like a pretty tight pack. Very thrifty on your herb.

RobotFart

Yeah I was referring to the 5-6 min auto shutoff rather than how long I spend finishing a chamber.

For personal use I would fill the chamber 1/3 full and vape it for 10 mins at 410F, then for the second session I would leave the ABV in the chamber and fill it another 1/3 full with herb on top and the ABV below. My third session would be 2/3 ABV and 1/3 herb on top.

I found that when using the vape for small amounts, having ABV below the herb helped the vape continue to produce vapor consistantly throughout the hit, rather than getting a sudden rush of vapor and then less so.

I liked the method above becuase it seemed more like hitting a convection vaporizer due to it producing vapor more evenly throughout the hit rather than just the beginning, whether having the ABV below actually added convection or not I am not sure, but it definitely improved the efficiency and rate of extraction of loads as small as 0.05g.

RobotFart,
Reactions: KeroZen

genji02810

Considering getting a flowermate v5.0s anyone know anywhere good to buy it in the UK? Found one for £75 is that a good price? I was thinking about X-Max but as flowermate seems more popular just gonna go with the general consensus. Also just want to mention this will be my first vape coming from rolling up so want it to be as good as possible without breaking my wallet.

Last edited:
genji02810,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Considering getting a flowermate v5.0s anyone know anywhere good to buy it in the UK? Found one for £75 is that a good price? I was thinking about X-Max but as flowermate seems more popular just gonna go with the general consensus.

Vapefiend.co.uk
Discount code 420 should still give you 10% off...

Trev

Someone has given me a bit of hash, I normally only use herb, so wanted to know if I can use the wax pods for hash in the flowermate. If so, do I just break off a lump and put it on top of the cotton? Cheers!

Trev,

OF

Someone has given me a bit of hash, I normally only use herb, so wanted to know if I can use the wax pods for hash in the flowermate. If so, do I just break off a lump and put it on top of the cotton? Cheers!

Yes, that's what I do. Start with about 50mg (1/20 of a gram), it may take a bit more to 'get going' well. Remember to crank the heat up, you'll need more.

Or you could save the trouble, just mail it to me and I'll PM you and tell you how it was........ And be nice to your friend, those kind are worth having.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Trev

hillbill

I think the hash is meant to go in the rim of the cap. Hash is generally the only thing I still cumbust. I tried the pod several times and thought weak. Waiting on a 5.0 pro from Puff It Up and then I'll see if a little higher temp will do better. I have 9 dry flower tanks and use them every single day.

Feel pretty alone sometimes in my area as I know zero people who vape mota, just e-cigs. Everyone seems to use paper or brass or glass spoon pipes!

Trev

Yes, that's what I do. Start with about 50mg (1/20 of a gram), it may take a bit more to 'get going' well. Remember to crank the heat up, you'll need more.

Or you could save the trouble, just mail it to me and I'll PM you and tell you how it was........ And be nice to your friend, those kind are worth having.

OF

Haha, thanks for the offer of help but I think I'll keep it for myself!!

Seriously though, thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go and see how it performs. I never use the herb pods as they seem to be ineffective pretty much so will be interesting to see how these work.

Trev,

OF

I think the hash is meant to go in the rim of the cap. Hash is generally the only thing I still cumbust. I tried the pod several times and thought weak.

That's better for solid (traditional) hash, that doesn't melt. But waxes and such work better with the cotton in my experience.

Yes, the added 'thermal resistance' in the path (poor conduction to the pod, and within it) means you need more heat to play. Thermodynamics again. Heat flows, as you make vapor more calories (or BTUs if you prefer) have to be added to replace them or vapor stops. That means you need a bigger 'temperature difference', the vapor making is still 400F or so so the vape has to be hotter?

I never use the herb pods as they seem to be ineffective pretty much so will be interesting to see how these work.

Yep, same deal. Thermal resistance. If you go real light on the hits and give it plenty of time between hits the results are better for this reason. Try some bubble hash or keif in that 'herb pod' and hang on to your hat........

Or you could take the easy way out.......my offer still stands.....

OF

hillbill

Pack those dry flower tanks tight and give about a 15* boost and gentile draw. Herb must be very dry and fine. Load 80% full and tapped down. Must be loaded cap down and this helps with cleaning tanks also. Draw slowly and the pulls will get thicker as you go.

The ability to pre pack and reload quickly is nice. Hikiing or other vibration can unscrew them if not really tight. Guess what I'm doing at 11:14 AM.

hillbill,

hillbill

I just got a 5.0PRO via PIU! Nice! Great for a tasty hit or two on low temps but using it with the flower tanks and crank it up to 420 or so and it will tear your face off! Great warm up time and really like the screen display.

My oldest Mate is my 5.0S which runs abnormally warm. I have checked temps on mine with infrared. Most Flowermates check out pretty close to specs but this one starts at 404*f and goes very close to 440* on red. Never any cumbustion but the ABV is the color of Folgers Black Silk.

hillbill,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Maybe your temperature sensor is not positioned properly? You could try opening it and giving it a little nudge maybe?

KeroZen,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I just got a 5.0PRO via PIU! Nice! Great for a tasty hit or two on low temps but using it with the flower tanks and crank it up to 420 or so and it will tear your face off! Great warm up time and really like the screen display.

My oldest Mate is my 5.0S which runs abnormally warm. I have checked temps on mine with infrared. Most Flowermates check out pretty close to specs but this one starts at 404*f and goes very close to 440* on red. Never any cumbustion but the ABV is the color of Folgers Black Silk.

Pretty much the same here with my newish 5 os!

Maybe your temperature sensor is not positioned properly? You could try opening it and giving it a little nudge maybe?

There wouldn't happen to be a youtube tutorial on adjusting the temp sensor would there?

TIA!

Fat Freddy,

hillbill

I can live with the difference between the individuals but they are different varying a fair amount. That 5.0S is 15 months old and has seen the most use of any of mine. The only thing I don't like is the indicator led is too dim for outside. I consider settings on any of the vapes I've had only as guidelines or reference points most relevant to that particular individual vape.

I think that to expect finely accurate readings under the conditions that exist in such a space as a vape oven might be asking a bunch unless customers are willing to foot the bill for research lab quality sensors.

It also seems that some strains are more productive at lower or higher temps. "Research continues".

hillbill,

Southern Chef

I haven't been able to find much on the 5.0X. Searched here and google. Not many reviews out there. Anyone FC people have one?

Southern Chef,

hillbill

I have a minix which I really like and the 5.0x would boost your battery life but I'm happy. I get about 35 minutes session time on a charge at 395* or so. Only disadvantage for the 5.0x would be weight and it is bigger but it's all battery! Great at price point.

Southern Chef

I have a minix which I really like and the 5.0x would boost your battery life but I'm happy. I get about 35 minutes session time on a charge at 395* or so. Only disadvantage for the 5.0x would be weight and it is bigger but it's all battery! Great at price point.
Thanks for getting back to me. Battery life isn't important this time. I have other portables for that. So I ordered the Mini X. Love the form factor. Thanks again.

Southern Chef,
Reactions: hillbill

hillbill

Six temp settings are nice. I was concerned about battery life at first but it does fine and warms up quickly and warms very quickly from setting to setting. I am flush with Flowermates and alternate them thru the day. You will be happy!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
There wouldn't happen to be a youtube tutorial on adjusting the temp sensor would there?

Hm nope unfortunately, it would be trial and error. But information to open the FM5's can be found in this thread.

The sensor is sandwiched between polyimide tape and some kind of rockwool-like insulation layers. It might be hard to move and if you pull it out too much it would be a pain to put it back.

Plus it was just a suggestion, maybe the calibration is off or it's due to tolerances in the parts used, or the device is just a dud... But that's worth testing if it's really too hot.

KeroZen,

sokesleezy

How would you all recommend cleaning the screen at the bottom of the chamber in a V5.0s that's clogged?

sokesleezy,
Top Bottom