FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

hillbill

Of course shippers have a responsibility to make sure they do not incinerate your package. These items are all tracked. Carriers have insurance for this and it will be fine. This is everyday for them.

Would be ironic if the vape overheated and..........

hillbill,

Esmeralda

Of course shippers have a responsibility to make sure they do not incinerate your package. These items are all tracked. Carriers have insurance for this and it will be fine. This is everyday for them.

Would be ironic if the vape overheated and..........

That WOULD be sort of funny, but pretty sure that's not what happened.

There are two contracts here. One between me and the seller. In their TERMS OF SERVICE they state that if delivery doesn't happen after shipping, they will replace the item so that pretty much covers me. (Also they have said they are shipping a new one today, but I see no proof of that, no shipping notification so we shall see).

The other contract is between the seller (Namaste) and the shipper (FedEx). That actually has nothing to do with me and I cannot file a claim on it as FedEx sees the shipper (Namaste) as their customer, not me. So I am right out of that and I feel I shouldn't be caught in the middle. Frankly I don't give a damn whether Namaste can get it covered with insurance or not and that has nothing at all to do with me.

Esmeralda,
Reactions: OF

Esmeralda

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's not that way. It wasn't in the days when I worked in mailing for sure. Nor would contract law support a claim from the addressee as I understand such things.

If you need to trace a package, who has to start that? Sender or addressee? When it happened to me (lost package) a year or back the fellow who sent it had to wait 2 weeks and then file the trace. I was told I could not.........

The shipper's total liability is limited, it doesn't cover replacement unless you buy extra insurance. Like luggage and the airlines. And he has no legal obligation to the guy who's name appears on the package. His liability is spelled out in the contract with the seller.

It is true that the package (and therefore responsibility) might get shifted around, passed on. But at every step a new contract is created. In the case above, FedX has to file with USPS for failure to deliver the package for them (FedX), not the addressee or seller.

The same sort of thing happens when you have a car accident and it's clearly the other fellow's fault. Doesn't matter, your insurance company has to fix your car to your satisfaction (where the contract is). They, in turn can charge/bill/sue the other driver or his insurance but absent your agreement otherwise (like to take the check for repair directly from the other party or his insurance) the law says your insurance company pays. In the case where you don't have collision insurance they don't of course, it's your responsibility to sue 'them' (the other driver/his insurance company) to recover if necessary. I've just watched this unfold for a friend. Her insurance 'instantly' wrote a check to the agreed to shop for the serious bucks less the deductible. She is on the hook to get the $500 from the other insurance co (which they have done) since her contract with her insurance doesn't cover the first $500. Her insurance company will 'back bill' the other company for the big bucks they are out.

The easy way to resolve this is for the OP to try to file a claim? I believe he has to get the seller to do that. Like I said, when I tried to file a trace on a lost package from FL I was told I couldn't by the PO. I have no standing?

Hopefully it can be quickly sorted out and the OP gets a replacement. Imagine the fun when it's a unique item (say antique or artwork), where replacement isn't possible. That's why the contract between sender and carrier spells it out the way the lawyers have it set up. FedX can't be held liable for losing an antique by someone they've never met? What would the rules be there?

OF

I filed a FedEx claim but it will be booted out. I've been to this prom before.

Esmeralda,

hillbill

If your seller states that and they are legit, I assume they are, you are good to go. I bet you get shipping notice soon. Enjoy.

Esmeralda

If your seller states that and they are legit, I assume they are, you are good to go. I bet you get shipping notice soon. Enjoy.

Yeah, I think it will be fine. It never needed to be this difficult to begin with if people would just communicate.

Esmeralda,

hillbill

I had fly tying hooks arrive a month late from Canada with green custom tape all over my mangled package.

hillbill,

OF

There are two contracts here. One between me and the seller. In their TERMS OF SERVICE they state that if delivery doesn't happen after shipping, they will replace the item so that pretty much covers me. (Also they have said they are shipping a new one today, but I see no proof of that, no shipping notification so we shall see).

The other contract is between the seller (Namaste) and the shipper (FedEx). That actually has nothing to do with me and I cannot file a claim on it as FedEx sees the shipper (Namaste) as their customer, not me. So I am right out of that and I feel I shouldn't be caught in the middle. Frankly I don't give a damn whether Namaste can get it covered with insurance or not and that has nothing at all to do with me.

Yep, much as we might want it to be otherwise that's how I understand the rules. Nice they put it in Terms of Service, but even without that they're still responsible for fulfilling their half of the contract with you. And their 'redress' with the shipper is limited I suspect. Their risk against the odds?

I've worked a lot of places over the years (can't seem to hold a job......), so I've been on 'both sides' of this. Normally the company 'self insures' against the small losses (we ship $150 in product which goes South and the carrier limits us at $50 since we didn't buy the extra insurance and such) and then back that up with outside Insurance (at least once with Lloyds of London in fact!) to cover 'catastrophic loss' (sort of like the deductible on auto insurance, kinda). One place shipped a machine (couple of Megabucks) to Brazil in the days they were building the new capitol in the jungle. The highway was late (of course) so the crates ended up stashed at the side of the road in a hastily built compound. The guards got lazy/sloppy/crooked and the compound got sacked. Lloyds paid for local Investigators to find as much as possible (most of it in fact). And good show, too. Import paperwork took two years to process at the time. The installation crew ended up making some stuff (like a huge transformer) locally.

I agree with 'I want my vape, the rest is your problem'. As I said before, if you bought it with CC you've got them by the short and curlies. And they no doubt know it......or will soon get made wise by their Lawyer.

I filed a FedEx claim but it will be booted out. I've been to this prom before.

Yeah, they'll be looking for an excuse to clear the claim for sure, and who can blame them. In this case it should link up with the claim by the shipper, adding some juice to his effort we hope. They don't want you coming back......

Hopefully you'll have the sucker in hand in due time. And hopefully you have a backup to carry you through until then.

Best wishes, IMO you're in the right here which should carry the day in the end.

OF

OF,

Esmeralda

Yep, much as we might want it to be otherwise that's how I understand the rules. Nice they put it in Terms of Service, but even without that they're still responsible for fulfilling their half of the contract with you. And their 'redress' with the shipper is limited I suspect. Their risk against the odds?

I agree with 'I want my vape, the rest is your problem'. As I said before, if you bought it with CC you've got them by the short and curlies. And they no doubt know it......or will soon get made wise by their Lawyer.

Hopefully you'll have the sucker in hand in due time. And hopefully you have a backup to carry you through until then.

Best wishes, IMO you're in the right here which should carry the day in the end.

OF

I paid with my Debit Card and I called about it today but they suggested I give the seller a day or two to make it right?
Unfortunately I do NOT have a backup for herb so I cleaned my pipe and will make do.
According to the people I spoke with at Namaste that truck was full of mostly THEIR products as the truck had just left their warehouse apparently, so I sort of feel for them, but they didn't handle it very well. I still think they should have offered expedited shipping instead of a stupid grinder, which I don't even want.

Esmeralda,

OF

I paid with my Debit Card and I called about it today but they suggested I give the seller a day or two to make it right?
Unfortunately I do NOT have a backup for herb so I cleaned my pipe and will make do.
According to the people I spoke with at Namaste that truck was full of mostly THEIR products as the truck had just left their warehouse apparently, so I sort of feel for them, but they didn't handle it very well. I still think they should have offered expedited shipping instead of a stupid grinder, which I don't even want.

If it were me, I'd give them the day or two. IIRC you have something like 30 days after the deduction shows on your statement? I avoid Debit cards personally.

Wow! Most of the truck was their shipments? They're gonna be mighty busy replacing a bunch of gear. I wonder how good their stock is? And where on the list you might be. If I didn't get a solid answer from them quickly, I'd tell 'em to refund it and go with another vendor. There's likely to be a lot of angry/disturbed customers filling up their days.

And, I'd think, there's an outside chance one of their packages had a battery that cooked off and started the fire? That could get ugly. FedX might be looking for a new truck from them on top of it all?

Bummer about the no backup, I bet we don't catch you that way again. I know it's gonna be a sore subject, but you might start thinking of a different sort of vape to have for a backup/change of pace. IMO such vapes should be fun to use and effective in their own right and low in cost? You might consider MFLB, Vapor Genie or a personal favorite, Vapman. All highly regarded vapes (check out their threads) and in the '$100 or less range. I'd avoid the coil and metal bat VGs if you're a casual type or vape with friends. They can get very hot in use. The coil is excellent, however, on a bubbler........

Ironically I often suggest FMs for such applications for folks with other vapes.

Bummer for sure, but it too will pass?

Regards,

OF

Esmeralda

If it were me, I'd give them the day or two. IIRC you have something like 30 days after the deduction shows on your statement? I avoid Debit cards personally.

Bummer about the no backup, I bet we don't catch you that way again. I know it's gonna be a sore subject, but you might start thinking of a different sort of vape to have for a backup/change of pace. IMO such vapes should be fun to use and effective in their own right and low in cost? You might consider MFLB, Vapor Genie or a personal favorite, Vapman. All highly regarded vapes (check out their threads) and in the '$100 or less range. I'd avoid the coil and metal bat VGs if you're a casual type or vape with friends. They can get very hot in use. The coil is excellent, however, on a bubbler........
Ironically I often suggest FMs for such applications for folks with other vapes.
Bummer for sure, but it too will pass?
Regards,
OF

Yeah I am going to need a back up for sure. I am kind of looking at maybe the Haze Dual? We have some money coming in Sept so maybe I can treat myself.

Esmeralda,

OF

Yeah I am going to need a back up for sure. I am kind of looking at maybe the Haze Dual? We have some money coming in Sept so maybe I can treat myself.

Sorry, don't know it. I can really only offer useful advice on what I know?

Which one is, of curse, a personal call. Make it an informed decision and you can't really to too wrong. There's a lot of fine vapes out there. I'd stick to the proven designs with established support, or rather suggest you do?

IMO you've done good, and just got dealt a raw deal.........you deserve something nice.

OF

hillbill

I have a 5.0s, a mini, anew mini x, 2 vapor genie bats, 2 coil vapor genies and 3 aluminums, 2 mflbs and a underdog and a vapolution 2.

Using flowermates a lot and vapor genies less. However for a cheap back-up th aluminum bat is a hard hitter and stealthy. My driver at work. It gets warm but run water on it or even dew off of grasses and such to cool it.

Actually the best back-up for a flowermate is a Flowermate. I really think this is like a flagship for Smiss and really gives lot of bang for the buck. Function for money spent or value.

hillbill,
Reactions: KeroZen

OF

I'll probably wind up with an Arizer Solo.

A bit more bucks, but a LOT more vape IMO. I'm sure you'll be very happy with a Solo, there's a bunch of us who are. Even @ataxian!

There's nearly 40,000 posts, almost all from happy campers. Three million reads? That's a lot.

There are, IMO, a lot worse choices but few if any better.......

Regards,

OF

baka

Great thread thanks!

Helped me pick a vape and get plenty of tips on using and cleaning whilst I was waiting for it to ship. :)

baka,
Reactions: KeroZen

Esmeralda

Aaaaaand four days from when my replacement Flowermate was supposedly mailed and still no vaping for me. Beyond frustrated and I just want my damn money back at this point.

Esmeralda,
Reactions: hillbill

hillbill

Do lithium ion batteries accept a charge better after first few cycles? Seems my mini x picked up strength after 3 or 4 cycles. Not the power fo original mini but not bad. Quicker heating than original mini.

hillbill

Mini x after a few days. I always use a half oven to keep hits gentle and to keep from needing to reheat. The x does have a little less battery life than the mini, probably more in line with the mini pro. Not bad though as I get 7 sessions on a charge at 395 to 410.

Flavor and extraction are very good and airflow is good with bottom open or closed. Initial factory taste goes away quickly. I use no screen in the bottom. Heating and temp increases are much faster than the 5.0s or my original mini. LEDs are bright like the mini but it has a stealth blackout mode.

All in all a fine vape but I might prefer the old original mini by just a little, maybe. Personal preference is for a little more battery life over very quick heating.

AtomicPB

@hillbill

Thanks for taking the time posting this. A while back I was interested in exactly this matter.

The documentation I found on several Shop Websites already indicated that the 5.0x mini has the smaller battery but it is great to have a real source confirming that information.

AtomicPB,

YungLeaner

Aaaaaand four days from when my replacement Flowermate was supposedly mailed and still no vaping for me. Beyond frustrated and I just want my damn money back at this point.
I would really initiate a chargeback. @Stu has made it clear that Namaste Vapes is run by some shady ass motherfuckers and literally EVERYONE goes through their chicanery bullshit. Is it doable on debit? Not sure.

The solo is great but there's some other awesome options for super cheap.

50$ check the convector on everyonedoesit.com

Great taste cloud production and 70%ish convection. Awesome reviews from folks on FC.

YungLeaner,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yeah I can second that Intel....

I've had nothing but hassle over, what should have been, a simple solo warranty exchange.....

Lies and bullshit followed by stupid mistakes and more lies.... Im sure all the staff are high all the time, it would explain the forgetfulness....

I have given them plenty of opportunities to sort my issue out, and they have continually let me down....

So instead I'll tell everyone I know what I think of them, devote many posts to warning people of my experience...

Think I'm gonna start a thread called nemastashite......
For all of us to share our shite experiences.......

Wouldn't happen with vapefiend, it can't just be bad luck..... happens too much....

They have poor stock selection and expensive prices, customer service is beyond awfull, there is no reason to use these people.....

Anyway this was not the place for my rant sorry, I'll start a thread.....

Edit:- if your reading this kory(Co founder nemastavapes), don't bother ringing me again, I don't care for your false promises...

You have cost me money, so it's only fair I lose you some sales...

Sort your business out......

Last edited:
kellya86,

hillbill

I am pleased that I happened onto Puff It Up on my first step past Vapor Genie years ago. Randy don't make excuses but simply makes sure you get your goodies fast and will help you with any questions or problems.

Flowermates seem to give a very good level of performance at a price that won't break you and they are reliable, apparently more so than some "elite" vapes at two or three times the price.

Really on the fence on purchasing one of these. It's mostly for me and one other person. The mini 5.ox seems fine but so does the mini 5.os. I just want a good vape for a couple of puffs and put it down and walk away and come back to when I want another. And the smell to a minimum. And of course a decent battery.

Is that so much to ask. Lol I know with 2016 there are too many to count anymore

Artvandelay,
Really on the fence on purchasing one of these. It's mostly for me and one other person. The mini 5.ox seems fine but so does the mini 5.os. I just want a good vape for a couple of puffs and put it down and walk away and come back to when I want another. And the smell to a minimum. And of course a decent battery.

Is that so much to ask. Lol I know with 2016 there are too many to count anymore
The original mini (5.0s) will suit your needs perfectly. Get it from Puffitup for $85 here: http://blog.puffitup.com/2015/09/flowermate-sale-new-low-prices-on-the-v5-0s-mini-pro/

archangelz001,
Top Bottom