FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

rendar1970

Quick question gents,

So I just got a Mini in the mail today. Works great after doing a dry test burn. I just had one question about the concentrate tank it came with. It says for oil to just drip right on the cotton, and place inside the chamber, sounds good, makes sense. But for wax it says to fill the caps lid, and put it in the chamber upside down. So here is my question, when doing that, my vapor now has to move through all the cotton, is that correct? Or should I remove the cotton if using the tank for wax as it would be upside down and now in the way?

rendar1970,
Reactions: OF

OF

But for wax it says to fill the caps lid, and put it in the chamber upside down. So here is my question, when doing that, my vapor now has to move through all the cotton, is that correct? Or should I remove the cotton if using the tank for wax as it would be upside down and now in the way?

Yes, leave the cotton in. Upside down the cap has a trap to keep melted wax out of the works......hopefully.

It works fine.......

OF

OF,

llebhcaoc

Anyone tried storing the new "Dry Cans" full of herb stacked in the compartment usually used for the mouth piece?...wondering if normal pocket bumps and bruising might jar the cans open and make a mess...How securely do the cans actually close? When I get mine I'll try it for a couple of days and post results.

Had already used my 5.0S for concentrates with loose cotton...never worried too much about gumming up the works as the affordable price point made totally replacing the unit not that big a deal. Cool that they've released the cans to further void that concern.

Might buy a new Mini just for the USB charging feature alone...I must need another vape as I still don't own one of every model ever made.

Glad to see the brand continue to evolve and address issues and opportunities raised by consumers...What a concept, a manufacturer actually listening and responding to buyers! Goooo Smiss!

OF

Anyone tried storing the new "Dry Cans" full of herb stacked in the compartment usually used for the mouth piece?...wondering if normal pocket bumps and bruising might jar the cans open and make a mess...How securely do the cans actually close? When I get mine I'll try it for a couple of days and post results.

Might buy a new Mini just for the USB charging feature alone...I must need another vape as I still don't own one of every model ever made.

Yes, two of them fit just fine. Although they rattle some.....and you then need a places to safely carry the stem.....

Not to worry, the caps screw on quite well, they're not coming off by themselves. In fact they can even get a bit sticky with condensate and get 'glued' in place when cold making it even less likely.

However, I carry my stem there (with a short piece of Silicone tube to prevent rattles and allow the glass MP to mate up with WTs and GonG fittings. I carry two pods in one of these instead:
http://www.amazon.com/10pcs-Graduat...3293635&sr=1-4&keywords=5+ml+centrifuge+tubes

Cool little vials, also great for small stashes of 'ready to go' herb, concentrate storage and so on. I also like the smaller versions, including the pointed bottom ones (which are easier to get the last bit of concentrate out of. BTW, since they're water tight, float them in a glass of hot tap water until the concentrate melts then stand them on end to cool is a good way to concentrate your concentrate as it were........

You can even trim the hinge and tab off the vials (still easy enough to open) then stash the vial in the well on the FM if you really don't trust the screw on covers. BTW, if you have access to bubble hash by all means try that in the herb pods, working great for me. Kief as well. Supermelts might be a problem, but the 'garden variety' stuff I'm using (bought years back to feed my Iolite) is doing great.

The USB charging is great and all but remember it also has half the battery life and no battery indicator. You can easily get 'caught short', more so than with the larger ones in my experience. There is supposed to be a couple of new versions of the Mini coming out soon, you might want to hold off a bit and check them out? The Pro version hopefully will have the 'battery meter' function now on the V5 Pro. The other has more steps (6) and includes some sort of battery indicator (I suspect similar to the Solo):
http://blog.puffitup.com/2016/01/the-flowermate-v5-0sx-and-v5-0sx-mini-another-sneak-peek/

OF

jackhammer

So I've been playing with the Mini Pro for a couple of days. In the box you get - the Mini Pro (no fixed screen in the oven), glass mouthpiece, liquid/waxy chamber, stainless steel pod, stainless steel screens, packing tool, cleaning brush, usb charging cable, water pipe adapter, user manual and a warranty card.

Standard operating procedure for the Flowermate range - five clicks and it's on, then press and hold to get the oven going. It takes about 50 seconds to heat up time from 20°C to 196°C. You'll see a heat symbol on the display when it reaches the set temperature.

I only have a single temp Flowermate V (still going strong!) and this was my first experience of using a variable temp vape. I liked easing in from 160-180°C and enjoying some nice flavors and head highs then finishing off around 196°C. I tried to stay below 200°C to avoid any chance of combustion but cranked it up to 220°C for testing and

Another good thing about the adjustable temp is the ability to dry out wet bud. By setting the vape to 140-150°C you can get a lot of flavor while drying out your bud. After that, you can up the temperature and vape as normal. On the other hand, if your bud is too dry, just lower the temperature a bit to stop any chance of flash boiling.

I found the draw took a bit of getting used to, with it's less restrictive airflow and short vapor path. I was probably drawing too hard at first which meant the oven was taking longer to get back to temperature. Tamping the load a bit more than I normally would and adding a short whip to the mouthpiece helped and also cooled the vapor a little.

I'd say I got about 10, 5 minute sessions from the Mini Pro before the battery ran out and it only took around 20 minutes to charge it back to a usable state (not fully charged). Much better than the hour and half my Flowermate V takes.

Overall, I absolutely love this thing. It's simple to use, has full temperature control, battery indicator, it's super portable, has micro USB charging and a power bank. It might not be everyone's daily driver but it certainly ticks all the boxes and would be welcome in anyone's collection.

Jackhammer, I have to say I'm a little jealous. I do have a few quick questions....does it still use the mini-usb to charge, does it still work as a powerbank, and is it able to be used while charging? Thanks for the answers in advance!

DrFunkalupicus,
Reactions: kellya86

jackhammer

Jackhammer, I have to say I'm a little jealous. I do have a few quick questions....does it still use the mini-usb to charge, does it still work as a powerbank, and is it able to be used while charging? Thanks for the answers in advance!

Yeah, I've been looking forward to getting my hands on it since it was announced.

To confirm, mini usb charging and power bank are part of the Mini Pro.

The manual says not to use while charging so I wouldn't risk it.

Dave Mctoke

Hah, trying out that second rate vape will be interesting, good luck.

I recently bought the V5 Pro because of a 30% discount and I love how well it heats, but my intake speed is painfully slow. I suspect, because my bottom screen came to me wedged in that it might be restricting air flow. I have yet to get it out. I figure that could restrict air flow, but so could obstructions on the inside. I've used a 5.0s and I know the usual air speed, mine is literally painful to my chest muscles if I don't do it right. Pretty weird I think. It's awesome otherwise.

OF

I've used a 5.0s and I know the usual air speed, mine is literally painful to my chest muscles if I don't do it right. Pretty weird I think. It's awesome otherwise.

I think you can claim you know what the draw resistance is in other models, but that doesn't mean much WRT the best draw speed. This is not blazing, where pulling harder makes the fire hotter and makes more vapor. Here drawing in more (cold) air simply dilutes the vapor and robs some of the heat so less actual vapor is produced for the hit. The vapor production is set by the design and heater temperature, it can only do down if you pull harder.

In general, slow draws will give better results.

This is a common trait of conduction vapes, not so in convection usually.

Not weird as much as a designed in feature? FM went to no lower screens in response to consumer demand (good Capitalism, that), they were sure to have tested the original design and made a conscious decision on that restriction.

By all means experiment with it, find what works best for you, but don't dismiss such things as oversights right off? Enjoy the FM, it's a solid vape.

OF

Dave Mctoke

I know, I owned and loved a flight box for almost two years.. I know about draw speed my friend. This is ridiculous. There is a 5.0s three rooms away from me, the draw speed is the difference between midday and midnight.. I just need to know if other Pro5 users notice a heavy draw. I think the person who installed my screen decided not to care how tightly wedged it was and that could get dirty and or be restrictive on its own. Otherwise, and maybe right now, I'm going to look up how to disassemble this thing.

Nope, never mind. I finally found a way.. I've been afraid to break the ceramic, just too careful. A little well placed pocket knifing was all that was due. Airflow increased at least 50%. My bad! I tried 3 or 4 separate times before I came here, hah, helped myself. Test time.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

It's like The Beastie Boys said "slow and low... that is the tempo!"

I don't know 'em, but they clearly know........

I know, I owned and loved a flight box for almost two years.. I know about draw speed my friend.

Otherwise, and maybe right now, I'm going to look up how to disassemble this thing.

Glad you know all about it, although I don't think MFLB is a good model in this case. Your call.

I tried to say the screens are very common, and generally not a problem, but I guess that's not the answer you wanted.

Good luck in your adventures. The screens are pressed in, digging in on the rim, so you'll have to invert it to get it out (it won't 'poke out' easily). If you look at a new one you can usually find 'scuff marks' where the ceramic as ground SS off the screen on the way past, lots of 'grab' going on.

With the Mini you can get to the bottom of the screen with a needle (or safety pin like I used) for this but the larger models require stripping the unit down. Start by removing the covers, then the screws, and sliding the works out. Be careful, some guys have had accidents doing this.

OF

OF,
Reactions: KeroZen

Dave Mctoke

Ok, it's good. Really good. I also replaced the top 'screen' with a more conventional screen and now it has twice the air flow and still produces lots of vapor. I would reccomend anyone replace that top screen if you can cut conventional metal screen and not get frustrated with cleaning or even replacing it again eventually.

And dude, the MFLB is a great example of draw speed mechanics even if only in practical terms!

That screen really was causing a problem, the difference was clear. Thanks for the quick instructions on take down, that's pretty much what I figured had to be done, I'm just glad I didn't have to do it.

Mod note: Three posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave Mctoke,
Hey has anyone here ever used the wax chamber for the FM vapes? My buddy and I am giving the wax a shot and I am just curious. I know I could probably search or something, but I just finished a sesh so nope.

:sherlock:

DrFunkalupicus,

this_guy_griff

thinking of picking up the mini but not sure if i should wait til march for the new mini pro. what do you guys think? its sightly different in that i really not sure if i need variable temps but considering the price point, it could mean nothing.

this_guy_griff,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@this_guy_griff : I really can't answer that question for you. Do you like low temps or not? If you only vape at or above 195°C, then you won't see much difference (excepted the pro versions can even get higher in temperature than the 3-temps versions)

There's still to me an important detail: The 5-Pro and the Mini-Pro both have a battery level indicator that works during usage AND while it's charging. Might sound insignificant but in day to day use it's very useful. I rarely get caught by the "just loaded the vape and tried to turn it on to be met by low battery warning" with my Pro, while it happens often with the S.

The 5-Pro heats faster than the 5-S, which I think itelf heats faster than the Mini. I don't know how the Mini-Pro compares to the Mini on that point.

Talking about the Mini-Pro, I just received my test sample and it's I think very close if not the exact same as what will enter production soon. My contact told me they will not risk letting "too early" versions out in the wild like they did for the V8, so they make sure everything is right before asking for feedback.

I'm really positively impressed by this device. It's starting to look like a premium product with a lot of attention to details. I'm doing the initial empty burn-ins and battery break-in cycles at the moment, I will do a proper review shortly after. But it's brilliant really, I'm sure this one will be a success!

Last edited:

this_guy_griff

@this_guy_griff : I really can't answer that question for you. Do you like low temps or not? If you only vape at or above 195°C, then you won't see much difference (excepted the pro versions can even get higher in temperature than the 3-temps versions)
would that be the only difference? i figured battery life and charging times may be improved as well, which could help make a difference in what one i grab, if the price points are even remotely close.

this_guy_griff,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm not aware of any recent progress on the battery front since the Mini was released, so I assume they have the same 18650 Li-Ion cell inside.

The Mini-Pro will last longer at low temps but shorter at higher temps than the Mini, and they should charge at the same speed.

I'll ask my contact what the peak power output of both is and we should be fixed pretty soon.

KeroZen,

this_guy_griff

yea im also figuring they are pretty close in those aspects as well but with a similar price point, and having more options, they mini-pro may be the best bet.

Last edited:
this_guy_griff,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey guys, my friend got a flowermate 5.0s from puffitup, and the lowest temp on the flowermate is, i believe, 385. Well, his abv gets daaarrk, like near black. Is this normal on the lowest temp of this vape? The first few hits taste pretty good but you can tell they are very thick.
My AAir at 410 doesn't even get that dark.
I understand the herb is heated differently, but my other friend has the pro and that 385 is nowhere near as dark or thick as my friend's 5.0s. Normal? Is the 5.0s known to run hot? Whatsup

OF

Hey guys, my friend got a flowermate 5.0s from puffitup, and the lowest temp on the flowermate is, i believe, 385. Well, his abv gets daaarrk, like near black.

I think this is quite normal, I see it as well, depending on the exact strain and how long I vape it. Some truly potent strains can 'hang in there' through several sessions and come out quite dark.

Not to worry, enjoy it?

OF

OF,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Black sounds a bit excessive... hard to tell without seeing. That's on blue setting you said? If there's a problem with the thermocouple probe and it reads lower than reality this could happen. Does it combust on red? Has the device received a strong shock or did it fell?

We had the issue when rebuilding one of the Herbstick Deluxe samples that I got. The probe got dislodged when we re-assembled the shell and the device combusted our test load even if it was set to a low temp.

That being said and as @OF hinted, the blue setting on the 5-S is already quite high. I don't think my ABV ends black though but it's dark brown.

KeroZen,
Top Bottom