marduk

daydreamer
I'm guessing there's an extra screen on top of the herb to compress it and focus more of the heat on the herb?

Or maybe you have a beta unit of the 3.7v thing that FV was working on?

marduk,
Reactions: Vitolo

JoeKickass

So now that I've gotten used to the FV, I'm able to hold it on for like 10-15s and sometimes I can take a few of those massive hits back to back. Unfortunately, it does get quite hot...

I can't see a mini FV working at the same power level :(
it would just get too hot...

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
So now that I've gotten used to the FV, I'm able to hold it on for like 10-15s and sometimes I can take a few of those massive hits back to back. Unfortunately, it does get quite hot...

I change out the batteries if hot. Learned from the T1 that over heating batteries depletes the performance big time. Also, IMO, putting on the charger hot is not the best idea neither. Just mentioning as it's a snow ball effect. Performance depletes and your "on" time becomes longer overheating even more. More batteries is a good idea.

Not concentrates....
Still not a bad guess at all!
Concentrates can be done, however~

I'm guessing your replacing the second screen with something with more surface area.?

I will post another video before the day is out.

tumblr_mbr9juh6Ak1qm5fq8.gif

Tweek

Not with the proper insulator ;) I guess we will wait and see what the FV folks have up their sleeve. :D

JoeKickass

I change out the batteries if hot. Learned from the T1 that over heating batteries depletes the performance big time. Also, IMO, putting on the charger hot is not the best idea neither. Just mentioning as it's a snow ball effect. Performance depletes and your "on" time becomes longer overheating even more. More batteries is a good idea.
Sorry I should have been more specific, I meant the top "bulb" part gets hot from the heater being on so much, the ceramic near the bottom of the oven actually burns you!

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Sorry I should have been more specific, I meant the top "bulb" part gets hot from the heater being on so much, the ceramic in the bottom of the oven actually burns you!
No need to apologise, I'm just overly cautious with batteries these days. I've just never gotten the FV that hot.

Now bring on that vid :bowdown: Vito.........you have us climbing the wall with charged FVs in hand.
:popcorn:

Pipes,
Reactions: Vitolo

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
Sorry I should have been more specific, I meant the top "bulb" part gets hot from the heater being on so much, the ceramic in the bottom of the oven actually burns you!

unlikely.... ceramics are formed through 1300C + temperatures, you can apply as much heat as you want with no negative effect whatsoever. :)

FlashVAPE,

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
======================
MAJOR FV ANNOUNCEMENT
======================
....here is the news many of you have been eagerly waiting for: the FV STAGE-2 KIT is finally here! If you think the FV works great as is, wait until you try the STAGE-2! For those who wishes for bigger clouds, you got it as the FV S-2 really delivers!​
Those fortunate enough to have had a sneak peak can surely testify to the awesomeness of the FV S-2. We feel this is a HUGE step forward in the development of the FV, and the S-2's performance is a high benchmark for portables vapes.​
Please check out the below information on the FV S2 kit.​
=======================================================================​
S2-logo(300x98).png
FlashVAPE™ STAGE-2 Kit
S2-kitx600.png

THE FV STAGE-2 KIT TURNS THE FlashVAPE™ INTO A TRUE 100% CONVECTION VAPE!

Bring the performance of your FV up to the next level, with the STAGE-2 add-on kit! This is a must have mod for the cloud chaser! Never before was it ever thought possible to have this kind of on-demand performance in a portable vape... but now it is finally a reality with the FlashVAPE, using our exclusive STAGE-2 add-on. Check out these incredible features of the FV S-2 setup:
TURN YOUR FV INTO A CLOUD MONSTER!
The FlashVAPE STAGE-2 setup is easy to control, and gives you the ability to make H-U-G-E clouds with each and every puff!
EASY TO INSTALL, NO TOOLS REQUIRED!
Simply lift the removable tabbed screen in your FV, add the special S-2 ceramic spacer above the stainless steel heating element screen inside the ceramic bowl, and replace the removable tabbed screen on top to complete the mod. It takes less than a minute to do by hand*!
*please wait until the FV has completely cooled before attempting this procedure.
S2-spacer-installedx300.png
*INSIDE THE FV BOWL WITH S-2 CERAMIC SPACER INSTALLED

MORE POWER!
The included STAGE-2 3.7v Li-ion power cells (x2) gives the FV the power to take it to the next level, with performance never before seen in a portable electric vape!

ON-DEMAND PERFORMANCE!
The S-2 kit gives you HUGE convection hits each and every time... on demand! No more wasted vapor & poor taste by continuously cooking your blend... Hit it FV style, when and where you want, in seconds!

DARE TO COMPARE!
We challenge anyone to compare the FV S-2 against ANY competitor on the market today!

EACH STAGE-2 KIT INCLUDES:
1* FlashVAPE STAGE-2 ceramic spacer
2* Additional removable stainless steel tabbed mesh screens
2* FlashVAPE 3.7v Li-ion Power Cells
1* FlashVAPE 3.7v Smart Quick Charger
PRICE: $39.90
Available here:

========================================================================

simply put.... the FV S-2 kit is AWESOME!

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
will this be a stand alone product? Or do you plan on offering a stage-2 deluxe package. A 25 dollar upgrade or so would make sense..having two of the same chargers does not

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
FINALLY! :rockon:

I've been dying to post about the S2 kit since the first time I tried it. It tames the combustion problem immediately. One test I did was put ABV in the FVS2 (because ABV is really dried out) and then I simply pressed the button and waited for signs of combustion. It took about 12 seconds, and that was without drawing. If you're hitting it then it would take a lot longer and I'm not sure it would reach combustion before my lungs gave out.

The ABV from the FVS2 is consistently even and a nice medium to dark brown. The flavour is fantastic, of course, and for those who like to pull clouds, just watch Vito's video. With this kit the FV is a true convection vapourizer with a 5 second warmup and no battery consumption except when you need it. The FVS2 is the convection vape for buds that the Cera wants to be, and it's still around half the price or less of the Cera (depending on your Cera options—like batteries and charger!).

I felt that the conduction FV was a great device but it required a delicate touch and was a bit of a challenge for a novice. The FVS2 is a fantastic device that anyone can learn to use immediately. I highly recommend every FV owner get this kit.

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
will this be a stand alone product? Or do you plan on offering a stage-2 deluxe package. A 25 dollar upgrade or so would make sense..having two of the same chargers does not

Yes, this package is a stand alone product, an add-on mod to the original FV setup, that brings up the performance to the next level.

The chargers are NOT the same, please do not use the S-2 charger with the original cells, or vice-versa. They operate on different voltages (org=3.2v vs S2=3.7v). Each charger has a different badge on the front, so it will be easy to identify.

A S-2 packaged version of the FV will be offered shortly @ $159.90

Tweek

It is also excellent for those who want to run through a water filter. I enjoy standing the unit up on my desk, hooking up a whip and watching the little window as I draw. It is more relaxing now that I don't have to be so mindful of combustion. And the taste! Awesome :smug:

chimpybits

I would think that this kit would just be incorporated into the FV as standard and the separate kit phased out. If it's so effective and relatively cheap to implement, I would think FV would be best served by passing this improvement along to all customers. - my :2c:.

chimpybits,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I'm still in shock. Have to pick my jaw up off the ground.
Conduction to convection just like that.....frickin awesome.

Low on herb-conduction mode1
In the green-convection mode2

Would this be a reasonable assessment?

FlashVAPE

Manufacturer
I would think that this kit would just be incorporated into the FV as standard and the separate kit phased out. If it's so effective and relatively cheap to implement, I would think FV would be best served by passing this improvement along to all customers. - my :2c:.

This has been considered, however, the original FV setup has its merits as a quick and effective vape, with properties and functionalities that is different than the S2 setup. These should not be dismissed by simply replacing the original setup with the S2 add-on as the standard.

For example, there are many users who prefer the cool (as in low temperature) mini-hits using the original SIMPLE method in the FV, which is not practical to try to achievable with the FV S2 setup (the standard way of using the S2 would be the LB method). Also, it should be noted that not everyone wants those huge clouds the S2 delivers, as the same medicinal effects can be achieved with less visible vapor and more frequencies.

Vitolo

Vaporist
My 2¢:
The FV is a stand alone "Flash Vape" device, that has it's purpose.
I feel distributing it alone is appropriate.
I do think a special deal would be in line to get the kit with S2 included....
and a price break for S2 for early adopters..
But I have to agree that the basic unit should still be available at the original cost for those that desire it~

Tweek

The stage-2 kit is a different beast altogether. You will note the more powerful batteries included as well...it is best to keep them separate and allow the consumer to decide how deep down the rabbit hole they wish to go :science:

Edit: Think about it...a fun and tasty conduction vape AND a ceramic convection vape with the chargers and power you need, for what? $170 dollars? That is a crazy good deal...like getting two vapes for $85 a piece!

chimpybits

OK, I see that there is good reasoning behind offering the kit as an option. It hits differently without it and some may prefer the cooler, mini-hits.

A single option is manageable.

I do find with some products, the number of options is confusing enough to put off noobs. I haven't tried the FV so what do I know. I just wanted to understand the rationale, and now I do.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
OK, I see that there is good reasoning behind offering the kit as an option. It hits differently without it and some may prefer the cooler, mini-hits.

A single option is manageable.

I do find with some products, the number of options is confusing enough to put off noobs. I haven't tried the FV so what do I know. I just wanted to understand the rationale, and now I do.
OK, finely got my jaw back in place.
I think this is the best type of option I've ever seen as it completely changes the vape. In essence your getting two vapes for the price of one And two completely different animals. Not an attachment for cooling or solving problems. But to transform the actually vaping method.
Right on, this FV just keeps getting better.

Top Bottom